Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some stuff on DiNucci.[/url] He's a transfer from Pitt.  He's skinny and has a mediocre arm..... what could go wrong?  I guess a PS guy and reportedly was thought to be going to Chicago to join DeFiippo but guess Dallas wanted to add him without bidding for him.  Weird pick.  He has very little upside IMO, but whatever.... Romo part deux!!!!   Not really. And there's this...  

You say he has a weak arm, have you really watched his highlights? I saw he transferred from Pitt, this guy has one of the best releases I’ve seen since Marino. I’m not saying he is Marino I’m saying he has almost the exact same release.

He can run and has plenty of zip. He is kind of like colt mccoy, quick release and elusive. His challenge will be ability to read defenses but he can spin it without question.[/url]

34 minutes ago, Mileslong said:
20 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:
Some stuff on DiNucci.[/url] He's a transfer from Pitt.  He's skinny and has a mediocre arm..... what could go wrong?  I guess a PS guy and reportedly was thought to be going to Chicago to join DeFiippo but guess Dallas wanted to add him without bidding for him.  Weird pick.  He has very little upside IMO, but whatever.... Romo part deux!!!!   Not really. And there's this...  

You say he has a weak arm, have you really watched his highlights? I saw he transferred from Pitt, this guy has one of the best releases I’ve seen since Marino. I’m not saying he is Marino I’m saying he has almost the exact same release.

He can run and has plenty of zip. He is kind of like colt mccoy, quick release and elusive. His challenge will be ability to read defenses but he can spin it without question.[/url]

I've watched enough of DiNucci to feel like I have a good sense of his game, yes.  Much more than highlights.  One thing I do like about him is he can throw or adjust and throw in different arm slots or angles.  I've also like that about him when the rush gets near or the passing lane breaks down.

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

For the draft geeks...... metrics.

I will never understand the fixation some teams have with drafting based on need. Teams get so locked in on solving one or two roster spots that they miss the point of the entire draft. Basically, what Jerry Jones used to do. Remember Shante Carver and Kavika Pittman? Drafted at least one if not two rounds too early because we needed to replace Haley. The point of the draft is to be agnostic about your current roster and maximize talent. The draft is not the only means to fill out your roster but some teams think it is. It’s not surprising that Jon Gruden is fucking the dog in the draft. This guy once drafted a kicker in the first round. He should never be in charge of a team’s draft strategy. 

Since teams have different draft boards it’s probably impossible to say teams clustered together on that chart are much different but it is clear to see that teams like the Raiders had a fundamentally different view on what the draft is about than say the Cardinals. 

I've watched enough of DiNucci to feel like I have a good sense of his game, yes.  Much more than highlights.  One thing I do like about him is he can throw or adjust and throw in different arm slots or angles.  I've also like that about him when the rush gets near or the passing lane breaks down.

Yes I haven’t watched anything other than two years of highlights. I don’t know if his game will translate to the pros but I do think he can be a better backup than rush which is why you draft a QB this low in the draft.

I just love watching him throw, would like to see his release right besides Marino, it’s uncanny. Marino with a stronger arm and obviously could read defenses but this kid can spin it

32 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Yes I haven’t watched anything other than two years of highlights. I don’t know if his game will translate to the pros but I do think he can be a better backup than rush which is why you draft a QB this low in the draft.

I just love watching him throw, would like to see his release right besides Marino, it’s uncanny. Marino with a stronger arm and obviously could read defenses but this kid can spin it

He has some skills, he's got some wheels, a quick release and when he sets his feet, he can be accurate downfield.  Velocity on his passes would be mediocre and he doesn't really zip the ball into small windows consistently.  He also struggles with decision making and against pressure.  Look, it's a 7th round pick who was scheduled to be a priority UDFA.  Who cares, right?  Maybe he turns into a developmental backup QB, maybe he doesn't.  After struggling a bit at Pitt, he made himself into something at JMU and now is going to get a shot in the NFL (although I may argue family connections meant as much), so good on him. 

He's going to be the 3rd QB and most likely spend his time on the PS and scout teams and get a shot to learn.  He also needs to work on his body and probably bulk up a little especially his legs and core and this may help develop a little more whip on the ball.  The Cowboys backup QB situation is really terrible and this guy isn't expected to really help out this year, so I would still prefer to get rid of Rush unless he balls out in pre-season (if we have one) and sign a vet as the Tony Romo out of the booth contingency plan has come and gone..... Hope the DiNucci project works out.... I really, really do.  I just wouldn't bet on it and as a 7th, who cares it's a lottery ticket pick.

• Like 1

Lulz at Mileslong comparing DiNucci  to Dan Marino in not 1 but 2 posts. 

You dolt, it’s guys like you which require me to put a disclaimer before every statement. I SAID IM NOT SAYING HE IS DAM MARINO I SAID HE HAS A VERY SIMILAR RELEASE.

Now go back, read my post again, come back and apologize then go fuck yourself. Especially since you think every Texans pick was great Jesus

My takeaway is you’ve watched a shitload of film and proclaim he’ll be better than Marino. I just didn’t respond because you’re crazy, and I subconsciously scan through your posts, looking for tidbits reaffirming the crazy. You didn’t disappoint. 

You’re the king of the morons, you almost single handidly ruin this website. Read my fucking post before you comment on it otherwise stfu
  • Like 1

Anae has kind of an Anthony Spencer vibe to him, only way the hell cheaper. He can be useful as long as they don't give him a massive contract or stupidly franchise him.

The QB they drafted I know nothing about, but it seems like they could have used that pick better considering he already had connections with McCarthy they probably could have gotten him without a draft pick.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes and I remember Ebenezer Ekuban and him writing diaries to the DMN what it was like being a rookie. And he wrote about his village had just killed a goat or some shit. 

There are so many examples of Jones going into the draft and trying to fix that one roster spot. David Lafleur, anyone? People incorrectly attribute the Cowboys hell during the Dave Campo era as a team suffering from the negative effects of the salary cap but the real sin was the completely wasted drafts during those years leading up to that time. At least Ekuban wasn’t a total bust. He was simply drafted almost a full round too high based on need. 

Fortunately, Jones seems to have changed his ways. Unfortunately for Raiders fans their management does not even get what the draft is all about. 

I will never understand the fixation some teams have with drafting based on need. Teams get so locked in on solving one or two roster spots that they miss the point of the entire draft. Basically, what Jerry Jones used to do. Remember Shante Carver and Kavika Pittman? Drafted at least one if not two rounds too early because we needed to replace Haley. The point of the draft is to be agnostic about your current roster and maximize talent. The draft is not the only means to fill out your roster but some teams think it is. It’s not surprising that Jon Gruden is fucking the dog in the draft. This guy once drafted a kicker in the first round. He should never be in charge of a team’s draft strategy. 
Since teams have different draft boards it’s probably impossible to say teams clustered together on that chart are much different but it is clear to see that teams like the Raiders had a fundamentally different view on what the draft is about than say the Cardinals. 
Might want to hold off on that Gruden talk...everyone criticized the olineman pick last year and he had a good rookie year

The kicker in the first rd played for 17? Years and as the recent article pointed out that the raiders the year before lost I believe 5 games directly from kicker position and had 8 losses by less than a td. Also the article mentioned that the janikowski pick produced better value than most of the 1st rd picks that year
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I get he didn’t have the best combine, but I don’t understand how this lasts to the last pick of the 5th round:

I really think he could get into the rotation and help us next year.

Reportedly he didn't interview great and his weight fluctuated on him but as a 5th rounder, can't complain. His hand technique is pretty great and it'll need to be since he lacks length.  Great motor so again, if he can be one of those high motor/effort situational players and play balls out STs, it turns into a fantastic pick.  He's also just a nasty guy who who gets after it and highly productive.  Great value for a guy like that.  He swam with sharks as a kid in Hawaii and calls them water dogs.  He's got some dog in him...

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Might want to hold off on that Gruden talk...everyone criticized the olineman pick last year and he had a good rookie year

The kicker in the first rd played for 17? Years and as the recent article pointed out that the raiders the year before lost I believe 5 games directly from kicker position and had 8 losses by less than a td. Also the article mentioned that the janikowski pick produced better value than most of the 1st rd picks that year

You are arguing my point for me. The Raiders were reacting to not having a good kicker which resulted in a few close loses by doing something monumentally stupid and taking a kicker in the first round. A player they could have easily picked in the 4th round. Or a player they could have signed in free agency. It’s was an incredibly stupid use of a draft pick even if he had a good career. 

I get he didn’t have the best combine, but I don’t understand how this lasts to the last pick of the 5th round:
I really think he could get into the rotation and help us next year.

Not quick and short arms. So that made him drop.

He’ll be the kind of guy that plays 8-10 years and gives you good production.

Hopefully, Smith/Gregory will get the green light by the Commish to play This year. We need the pass rushers. Edge! The offense is stacked. With new coaching/tweaks in play calling, we should be able to make the post season. And have a high scoring offense. I expect this. If that doesn’t happen then we need to draft a QB or buy a proven one in FA next year. Jmo. We had a great draft. I realize that because Lamb fell into our lap we were going to get great draft grades regardless. 

I do not understand the Packers. I just don’t. How do you not draft one WR in a draft where they were loaded? The new regime must not care for A A Ron. 

6 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

And you are the lowest fucking common denominator along with beeper. I wish you two would change, into adults

your preferred posting style is highly reliant on a litany of f-bombs and personal attacks.  you’re like a petulant child.  I merely challenge conventional wisdom wrt the cowboys because the direction of the team and the complacency of the fan base concerns me.  there’s no reason for you to attack me the way that you do. 

4 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Dallas has three comp picks (3rd, 4th and 5th) next year of which they traded the 5th already to Philly. With six picks in the first four rounds, Dallas is setup nicely again next year to keep building out their infrastructure. 

you are actually right for once.  and because we’ll be picking near the top of each round we should have another stellar draft. 

Without sports on tv at least we can watch the middle school bitch fight going on in this thread. Jesus fucking Christ, this thread topic wasn’t supposed to be about insecure message board posters and their tendencies and sensitivities... but that is, minimum, 75% of the fucking posts in this fucking shit hole thread. It ain’t about the Dallas Cowboys... not this thread topic. It’s about whatever fuckstick thinks he has the smartest turd of a sports take which results in some online pillow fighting and name calling. 

fucking goddamn. It ain’t about you. or me  

We’re gonna have to start a new Cowboys thread. Fuck. Offseason in pandemic REALLY sucks. 

Without sports on tv at least we can watch the middle school bitch fight going on in this thread. Jesus fucking Christ, this thread topic wasn’t supposed to be about insecure message board posters and their tendencies and sensitivities... but that is, minimum, 75% of the fucking posts in this fucking shit hole thread. It ain’t about the Dallas Cowboys... not this thread topic. It’s about whatever fuckstick thinks he has the smartest turd of a sports take which results in some online pillow fighting and name calling. 
We’re gonna have to start a new Cowboys thread. Fuck. Offseason in pandemic REALLY sucks. 

Probably 76% after this post.

12 hours ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I recommend staying away from the basketball board.

Lol I think you got fooled by the internet, my dude. But it is funny that someone would create this meme, knowing just how ridiculous it is.

Pulled it off a Ticket FB page. Mainly posting because it might draw futureman and/or Drew (probably Drew) offside.

You are arguing my point for me. The Raiders were reacting to not having a good kicker which resulted in a few close loses by doing something monumentally stupid and taking a kicker in the first round. A player they could have easily picked in the 4th round. Or a player they could have signed in free agency. It’s was an incredibly stupid use of a draft pick even if he had a good career. 
Actually I'm saying you can't call him a dog in this draft because we dont know yet....and the example you used with kicker was proven to be the correct pick after the value of his career was able to be added to the equation of being the 17th pick