Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

16 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That’s funny. Direct shot at Vic and Drew. Can’t wait to see the lengthy Drew response. 

Not coming, because it's a stupid comparison.  It would be 30 years before a brand new 20K car today is worth 90K brand new.  It'll be oh, I don't know, 6 months before whatever deal Dak gets is probably 4th or so among QB's, and a year or so before it's barely top 10 and a steal.

Ya'll are so damned caught up on his numbers you can't see strait.  As much as you clowns continue to act like we're being unreasonable in regards to Dak, you fail to see the only reason it seems that way is because you idiots keep acting like Andy Fucking Dalton, or some other mediocre QB, is worth cutting Dak over because he FINALLY wants to get paid after being the most underpaid player in the league for 4 years.  And it's not close.

And NO, Dalton is not leverage.  He's insurance.  There's a HUGE difference in those.

• Like 2

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Not coming, because it's a stupid comparison. 

It would be 30 years before a brand new 20K car today is worth 90K brand new.  It'll be oh, I don't know, 6 months before whatever deal Dak gets is probably 4th or so among QB's, and a year or so before it's barely top 10 and a steal.

Ya'll are so damned caught up on his numbers you can't see strait.  As much as you clowns continue to act like we're being unreasonable in regards to Dak, you fail to see the only reason it seems that way is because you idiots keep acting like Andy Fucking Dalton, or some other mediocre QB, is worth cutting Dak over because he FINALLY wants to get paid after being the most underpaid player in the league for 4 years.  And it's not close.

And NO, Dalton is not leverage.  He's insurance.  There's a HUGE difference in those.

you play your role so well.  every post is a gift.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well now you’re just arguing semantics, because it’s both. Regardless of how you want to spin it, or how anyone in the media wants to spin it, everyone is right. Dak’s biggest leverage point before the dalton signing was that he could simply decide to not sign the tag (in theory), and we would be forced to go with a guy that has 3 career passes. Now that leverage is off the table.

He still has the leverage of “in order to get this team to the next level, you need me”. We don’t know for sure if Dak can get us there, but we know dalton probably can’t. But at the very least, IF he hadn’t moved off his number before the dalton signing, the dalton signing simply makes it to where they don’t HAVE to go to that number yet. Will they, most likely. But now, that July deadline doesn’t mean shit because even if Dak did the unthinkable and pulled a zeke, we have insurance. And thus, Dak has lost a little bit of his leverage. Or at least a little bit of his immediate leverage (coupled with covid-19).

What part of that do you disagree with? Because i don’t think there’s a single person in here that isn’t on this page. Tell me if I’m wrong, and you (or anyone) disagrees.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

53 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Well now you’re just arguing semantics, because it’s both. Regardless of how you want to spin it, or how anyone in the media wants to spin it, everyone is right. Dak’s biggest leverage point before the dalton signing was that he could simply decide to not sign the tag (in theory), and we would be forced to go with a guy that has 3 career passes. Now that leverage is off the table.

He still has the leverage of “in order to get this team to the next level, you need me”. We don’t know for sure if Dak can get us there, but we know dalton probably can’t. But at the very least, IF he hadn’t moved off his number before the dalton signing, the dalton signing simply makes it to where they don’t HAVE to go to that number yet. Will they, most likely. But now, that July deadline doesn’t mean shit because even if Dak did the unthinkable and pulled a zeke, we have insurance. And thus, Dak has lost a little bit of his leverage. Or at least a little bit of his immediate leverage (coupled with covid-19).

What part of that do you disagree with? Because i don’t think there’s a single person in here that isn’t on this page. Tell me if I’m wrong, and you (or anyone) disagrees.

I'll give you this, it is semantics. 

In the way you're describing it, I can definitely see why you think it's leverage.  I think of leverage as "If you don't sign the deal we want you to, then we're fine going into the season with Dalton". 

The Cowboys, IMO, are not doing that.  They are covering themselves IN CASE Dak doesn't sign.  So Insurance. 

They do not WANT to go into the season with Dalton, they just want a capable guy in case they have to.  The fact that they're only paying him 3 mil dollars proves they don't think he's anything but a backup and there to cover in case of a Dak injury.

Leverage, to me, would be if Dak felt pressure to sign NOW because they added Dalton.  Or if the Cowboys actually used his signing to get a better deal out of Dak.  Any Dalton is not forcing either side to make a move.  Dak's side isn't blinking at the signing of a backup QB.  And the Cowboys are not hitching their wagons to a 32 year old QB that couldn't get a starting job anywhere else. 

If that's leverage, it's very poor leverage IMO.

But like you said, we're probably just debating the merits of what actual leverage is.  I have no problem if you believe it is. I just disagree.

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, futureman said:

so, cam erving.  starter?  he’s better than connor williams.  although maybe we want him at center.

Good shit. I knew there was no way they were going into the season with Brandon Knight as their swing tackle. Now just hit up Everson Griffen’s people, get a one year deal done, and show me a loss on our record...

Just now, youdunnf'dup said:

Good shit. I knew there was no way they were going into the season with Brandon Knight as their swing tackle. Now just hit up Everson Griffen’s people, get a one year deal done, and show me a loss on our record...

you’re thinking swing tackle?  I know he played some LT at FSU but pretty sure only guard/center in the NFL. 

That's a good pick up.  I already figured that Connor would probably wind up as Swing Tackle.  This is just more competition all over the OL with McGoverin, Looney, Williams, and Biadezs(Sp?) all competing over the C/RG positions.  Now adding another guy to compete as the Swing tackle only helps the team.

Oh, and also sign me up for a 1 year deal for Griffen(Clowney doesn't seem reasonable) as well.  That would pretty much finish off this off season quite nicely.

Edited by Drew

from a couple months ago but I don’t remember seeing it.  if jerry makes this happen I am officially back on the bandwagon.  would be arguable the best DL in the history of the league; not even a terrible shit quarterback could hold this team down. 

https://www.si.com/.amp-cowboys/nfl/cowboys/news/exclusive-cowboys-not-ruling-out-a-comeback-for-controversial-david-irving

https://sportdfw.com/2020/03/20/david-irving-save-dallas-cowboys-d-line-theres-just-1-problem/amp/

DE: demarcus lawrence, aldon smith, randy gregory, dorance armstrong, bradlee anae 

DT: gerald mccoy, dontari poe, DAVID IRVING, tyrone crawford, neville gallimore, trysten hill

would that be the best DL rotation in the last 40 years?  would probably cut hill or crawford if we can sign irving.

13 hours ago, futureman said:

DE: demarcus lawrence, aldon smith, randy gregory, dorance armstrong, bradlee anae 

DT: gerald mccoy, dontari poe, DAVID IRVING, tyrone crawford, neville gallimore, trysten hill

would that be the best DL rotation in the last 40 years?  would probably cut hill or crawford if we can sign irving.

You're putting a lot of trust in multiple players who haven't football in a longtime. 

• Like 1

And that’s fair. And I’d take that group over the one you are proposing. I will say that if Irving comes back and plays like he was playing, a big time weakness could become a big time strength during the off season.

13 hours ago, futureman said:

Do we have any games in Denver, Seattle, or the State of California this year? 

Then you'd have to mark any of those as sure losses. We'd be lucky if half our DL woke up in time for the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

Do we have any games in Denver, Seattle, or the State of California this year? 

Then you'd have to mark any of those as sure losses. We'd be lucky if half our DL woke up in time for the game. 

pretty racist imo

• Haha 1

Week 1 @LAR (Sunday Night in the grand opening of their new stadium)

Week 2 v Atlanta 

Week 3 @ Seattle 

Week 4 vs Cleveland 

Week 5 vs NYG

Week 6 vs Arizona  (Monday Night Football)

Week 7 @ Washington

Week 8 @ Philly (Sunday Night)

Week 9 vs Pittsburgh

Week 10 Bye

Week 11 @ Minnesota 

Week 12 vs Washington (Thanksgiving)

Week 13 @ Baltimore (Sunday Night)

Week 14 @ Cincinnati 

Week 15 vs SF (Sunday Night)

Week 16 vs Philly

Week 17 @ NYG

Edited by youdunnf'dup

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s a tough schedule. I did just lmao at the Brady-less Patriots schedule. Three back to back road games and also must face: 49ers, Ravens, Rams, Seattle and Chiefs.  Have fun with that shit. Lulz. 

belichick will be fine.  jeez. 

16 minutes ago, Rholl said:

In a perfect world.... if Cowboys could get 1 more player,  sign Clowney to 1 yr 17 millionish.... or work a trade for Jamaal Adams and extend him who makes them better? 

Adams is the better player, but there are a few problems with that.  We would have to give up pick(s).  Clowney would have no pick compensation involved.  And, as an organization, the Cowboys value the safety position like I value expensive women’s shoes.

Just now, Nicole44 said:

Espn just said Cowboys have third easiest strength of schedule based on our opponents win/loss record for 2019. Ravens have the easiest. 
ravens, Steelers, cowboys and browns.

interesting how three are in the same fucking division. 

Well a big part of that has to do with the fact that the AFC North gets to play our shitty division this year.

38 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s a tough schedule. I did just lmao at the Brady-less Patriots schedule. Three back to back road games and also must face: 49ers, Ravens, Rams, Seattle and Chiefs.  Have fun with that shit. Lulz. 

29 minutes ago, futureman said:

belichick will be fine.  jeez. 

Tank for Lawrence

Just now, SurlyBDR said:

Tank for Lawrence

They’d have to suck worse than Jacksonville and offer a bounty to get him. That’s assuming Minshew isn’t the guy and they have a losing season and the coach and GM get fired. I hope Minshew is the guy and kicks ass. His new bobble head “jaguar king” is awesome.