Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

35 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Quite possibly, but we weren’t paying that kind of ransom either.    This reeks of A Pete Carroll last gasp 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

You gonna give up 2 1's and a 3rd for him?  Good player but no safety is worth that.

Definitely don’t want him for that price, but my point still stands. He wanted to come here, like #1 destination, and I think he’ll be extra juiced for that game just to prove a point. But i guess that isn’t exactly uncommon when players play the cowboys. A lot of them are from Texas 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Definitely don’t want him for that price, but my point still stands. He wanted to come here, like #1 destination, and I think he’ll be extra juiced for that game just to prove a point. But i guess that isn’t exactly uncommon when players play the cowboys. A lot of them are from Texas 

No extension was struck with Seattle so maybe he still will in a couple of years although I wouldn't hold my breath.  Stephen doesn't believe in investing a ton of capital into the safety position.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:06 PM, Drew said:

Yep and I ate massive amounts of Crow for that.  He was not bad his first year and even filled in that year for Tyron in 2014 I believe without much of a drop off.  But after that and with the injuries he never justified the pick.   I have never been one to shy away from admitting when I'm wrong.  Problem is there are very few who will ever do that...but instead will run away and hide, until the next time they can pretend they were right all along.

I look forward to your dissertation on the payroll value of  Dak Prescott.

If they are stupid like MLB and don't do a bubble system, yeah they won't make it long.  MLB's plan is impressively terrible.  The Marlins knew they had positive cases and still played their game on Sunday without knowing how widespread the outbreak was.

Ha i just read an article that breaks down why Seattle felt like they had to make this trade. Since 2013, the Seahawks have drafted exactly 2 pro bowl or all pro players. Two. And both were selected as special teams guys (Tyler Lockett for KR/PR and our boy Dickson). That’s tied for the worst in all of football during that stretch. A few years ago they drafted a first rd rb that everyone had as a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and he’s barely even seen the field. They just aren’t good at this whole drafting thing. At all. They just lucked out and drafted a guy that can carry them to 10-11 wins in his sleep every year. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Makes me wonder what requirements are needed to guarantee their TV money.  Seems like they just want to get things started as quickly as possible to get the clock started on their broadcast dollars.  

I’d put money on two teams facing off and all players kneeling/ walking off the field.

51 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Ha i just read an article that breaks down why Seattle felt like they had to make this trade. Since 2013, the Seahawks have drafted exactly 2 pro bowl or all pro players. Two. And both were selected as special teams guys (Tyler Lockett for KR/PR and our boy Dickson). That’s tied for the worst in all of football during that stretch. A few years ago they drafted a first rd rb that everyone had as a 2nd or 3rd rounder, and he’s barely even seen the field. They just aren’t good at this whole drafting thing. At all. They just lucked out and drafted a guy that can carry them to 10-11 wins in his sleep every year. 

Not sure the right move if you are terrible at drafting is to give away draft picks.

Didn't the Steelers get Minkah Fitzpatrick for one 1st rounder? Seems closer to the price for a very good safety that is forcing himself off his current team. 

If it was just the draft picks I would say okay thats fine for Adams. But then you have to turn around and also pay him near market value. Not like you save cap space after the rookie deal runs out. And if anything teams can overpay guys in this spot because of the draft picks already invested.

Edited by Loch Ness Monster

that’s a pleasant surprise. The way he was talking, I thought he would sit out for sure. Now let’s just get to August 3rd before he changes his mind. We need D-Law to bounce back in a big way this year if our defense is going to be anything.

Edited by youdunnf'dup

5 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Should be interesting when a starting QB goes out for rona reasons. 

think about if it spreads through the qb room.  are you forfeiting games or starting jameill showers behind center?

oh, or you trade for mike white and march through the playoffs on your way to a title. 

Edited by futureman

I'm still not sold on Dak being a savior QB. He's Cam Newton lite. If they try to run him this season he'll get hurt, if they try to pass his accuracy will be exposed. He's a tier 2 QB with tier 1 receivers. Get ready for a couple games with the Ginger Ninja at the helm.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, RPM said:

I'm sure glad the Arlington taxpayers were able to pay for his stadium.

wait...without the Deathstar, the Texas High School Football State Championships might still be played outdoors...  Don't make it sound like Jerry's just in it for himself.

Very interesting. A lot of people have speculated that this has to do with France not being able to get several deals done over the last 2 off seasons (not just Dak’s). I wonder what this means for his relationship with dak. Because for as much as everyone wants to say we fucked this up, France was always the guy holding this thing back. 

13 hours ago, RPM said:

I'm sure glad the Arlington taxpayers were able to pay for his stadium.

This has to be one of the biggest rackets ever created. Billionaires asking regular people to pay for their massive stadiums and what exactly do they get out of it besides higher taxes? Going to the stadium to watch the team? Cool. Be ready to pay hundreds for tickets, $75 and up to park and $10 for a hot dog. So worth it! They pay for his stadium and he's out there on a yacht sailing with no worries in the world. Great racket to be apart of it if you are on the owner's side.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Very interesting. A lot of people have speculated that this has to do with France not being able to get several deals done over the last 2 off seasons (not just Dak’s). I wonder what this means for his relationship with dak. Because for as much as everyone wants to say we fucked this up, France was always the guy holding this thing back. 

Is dak signed with France specifically, or with caa?

17 hours ago, RPM said:

I'm still not sold on Dak being a savior QB. He's Cam Newton lite. If they try to run him this season he'll get hurt, if they try to pass his accuracy will be exposed. He's a tier 2 QB with tier 1 receivers. Get ready for a couple games with the Ginger Ninja at the helm.

not a lot of truth in this thread.  thank you for being a light in the darkness.