Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arguably best RB in football.  elite rushing game.  elite OL.  elite receiver talent.  

andy dalton could lead this team to more than one playoff win in four years.  hell, we’d have won more games starting mark sanchez the last four years.  there isn’t a bigger fraud in football than rayne prescott.  plus he’s a total moron.  

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

arguably best RB in football.  elite rushing game.  elite OL.  elite receiver talent.  

andy dalton could lead this team to more than one playoff win in four years.  hell, we’d have won more games starting mark sanchez the last four years.  there isn’t a bigger fraud in football than rayne prescott.  plus he’s a total moron.  

L O L

Did you watch Dak last year or are you trolling?

50 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

I watched dak get dominated by mitch trubisky and also lose to the jets. and put up lots of garbage time stats while shitting the bed when it counted.  I watched him fail to lead his team to the playoffs in one of the worst divisions of the last 10 years.  did you watch any games last year?  do you understand football? 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, futureman said:

I watched dak get dominated by mitch trubisky and also lose to the jets. and put up lots of garbage time stats while shitting the bed when it counted.  I watched him fail to lead his team to the playoffs in one of the worst divisions of the last 10 years.  did you watch any games last year?  do you understand football? 

Dak was 4th in the league in passing yds when the game was within 10 leading or trailing.

Dak had the 4th highest QBR in the league last year. 30 TDs and 11 Ints.

if you think Dak was the reason we lost games last year more than the shitty defense and Zeke disappearing in games, then you’re pretty much retarded

• Like 1

On 4/6/2020 at 3:30 PM, Hate said:

You mean like Jimmy G who was traded for a mid round 2nd? The Jimmy G who has already won more playoff games than Dak? Or Josh Rosen who was traded for a the last pick in the second round and a 5th round pick? I’ll give you that one if you really want to claim it. I would rather have Dak than Rosen.

You think Jimmy G was the biggest reason the Niners made the SB last year?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Dak was 4th in the league in passing yds when the game was within 10 leading or trailing.

Dak had the 4th highest QBR in the league last year. 30 TDs and 11 Ints.

if you think Dak was the reason we lost games last year more than the shitty defense and Zeke disappearing in games, then you’re pretty much retarded

wow.  sounds like you spend most of your time in the kitchen while your husband watches the football.  I’m old fashioned though so I like a woman who knows her place. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

So basically you have no retort?

cool story bro!

I can’t respond to someone that lacks a basic understanding of the game.  clearly you have never played football or even been around it in any real capacity.  you look at a spreadsheet on a website and then say “see, dak is really good,” like a woman would.  I’ve got no problem with women so I’ll leave you alone. 

22 hours ago, 'stache said:

Because QB is the hardest position in professional sports, and very few are able to be elite or even really good. Of course DC's scheme for the QB they are up against, but somebody said no DC ever "fears" going up against Dak.  Yet, well over half of the defenses he's faced have lost to him (his career record is 40-24 according to the internet). Just as he didn't win all those game by himself, he didn't lose thost 24 games by himself either. My point is, if a DC goes into the week worried about only the QB, that is a weak ass attitude. The concern should be the entirety of the offense. Sure, with a good QB, you have to pay special attention to certain areas, but you don't "fear" the team solely because of who is QBing.

This is the problem right here. We seem to have some retards here that think Patrick Mahomeses grow on trees.

2 hours ago, futureman said:

I can’t respond to someone that lacks a basic understanding of the game.  clearly you have never played football or even been around it in any real capacity.  you look at a spreadsheet on a website and then say “see, dak is really good,” like a woman would.  I’ve got no problem with women so I’ll leave you alone. 

You just called our OLine and running game elite. You can’t make an argument against Dak without using team W/L records. If you honestly think Dak was the reason we went 8-8 last year than cool story

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

You just called our OLine and running game elite. You can’t make an argument against Dak without using team W/L records. If you honestly think Dak was the reason we went 8-8 last year than cool story

Dak isn’t the reason we went 8-8. We went 8-8 because we didn’t properly evaluate our team, our defense regressed, and our special teams was atrocious. But when you’re asking to be THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, I don’t know, maybe show a little bit more consistency. Or, have a little self awareness and accept the fair contract that has already been offered to you according to multiple publications. Is that last part so hard for the “pay Dak whatever the hell he wants” crowd to understand? The only rebuttal is “it doesn’t work like that. He’s proven he might make the leap to being elite so you have to pay him literally whatever the hell he wants, and then pay him again 3 years later.” 

When exactly should we have paid Dak, and at what cost? And when exactly would he have been willing to accept that? Unless we paid him right at the end of year 2 where he looked like dog shit (because of no #1 wr and no Zeke), or right in the middle of year 3 where he looked like dog shit because of no #1 wr, he was never going to accept an extension. He was always going to milk this for every last dollar. And that’s the only problem in this entire situation. Not with Dak, the above average starting qb. Dak as a player is fine. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

What advantages are you talking about dude?

He think the OL is still elite, that Zeke, in 2020, as good as he is, is some super weapon when everyone else in the league is going away from a single back dominated offense.

L O L

Yeah, glad you find that funny as well.

New to the thread? Of course he's trolling.  Except he's trolled so much now, made such stupid outlandish claims, that he's backed into a corner now...or worse, actually believes it.

46 minutes ago, futureman said:

told y’all he’s a fuckin mental midget.  you don’t see russell wilson partying right now.

you don’t give retards $100MM guaranteed.  f

That's because Russell Wilson's wife has him by the balls and doesn't allow him to do shit while he raises Future's kid like the beta cornball he is. He isn't allowed to do anything she doesn't like.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

That's because Russell Wilson's wife has him by the balls and doesn't allow him to do shit while he raises Future's kid like the beta cornball he is. He isn't allowed to do anything she doesn't like.

Okay how about the other 30 starting quarter backs in the league who can manage to follow some basic fucking rules of society?

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

I put a baby in Ciara?  oh hell yeah I’ll take that. 

5 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Dak isn’t the reason we went 8-8. We went 8-8 because we didn’t properly evaluate our team, our defense regressed, and our special teams was atrocious. But when you’re asking to be THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE, I don’t know, maybe show a little bit more consistency. Or, have a little self awareness and accept the fair contract that has already been offered to you according to multiple publications. Is that last part so hard for the “pay Dak whatever the hell he wants” crowd to understand? The only rebuttal is “it doesn’t work like that. He’s proven he might make the leap to being elite so you have to pay him literally whatever the hell he wants, and then pay him again 3 years later.” 

When exactly should we have paid Dak, and at what cost? And when exactly would he have been willing to accept that? Unless we paid him right at the end of year 2 where he looked like dog shit (because of no #1 wr and no Zeke), or right in the middle of year 3 where he looked like dog shit because of no #1 wr, he was never going to accept an extension. He was always going to milk this for every last dollar. And that’s the only problem in this entire situation. Not with Dak, the above average starting qb. Dak as a player is fine. 

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx for this Tweet @satyanash  

Not a fan of Dallas selecting Chaisson with the 17th pick, but I am biased on my feelings towards K'Lavon...

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

source.gif

That's even dumber than Romo and Witten going to Cabo during the bye week.  That's next level stupid.  It's dumb enough to do it, but to allow posts from the event to happen??  Zeke and Dak are taking idiocy to a HOF level there. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Zeke never has struck me as a "street smart" /common sense kind of guy.

again, he’s a running back.  he can be as dumb as he wants.  but it’s not ok for the quarterback.  add in that you’re a quarterback without a contract.  it absolutely is next level stupidity.  dak thinks he’s a superstar and he can’t even get his team to the playoffs.  he might be the dumbest motherfucker taking snaps in all of football. 

again, he’s a running back.  he can be as dumb as he wants.  but it’s not ok for the quarterback.  add in that you’re a quarterback without a contract.  it absolutely is next level stupidity.  dak thinks he’s a superstar and he can’t even get his team to the playoffs.  he might be the dumbest motherfucker taking snaps in all of football. 

Wrong.

EIfabgIU0AUcUa8.jpg

• Like 2

it’s not that I don’t like dak.  it’s just been too goddamn long since the cowboys had a realistic shot at a super bowl and I don’t want to lock in to another decade of failure by making this dipshit the highest paid player in the history of the game.  we should’ve won #6 in 2016 but that dumb cunt took that from us.  now he wants to take our future.  well, I don’t like it.  because I love america‘s team and I’m a patriot.  

Im fine with Dak at the right price.  All we're committed to is the tag at this  point.  I'll be pretty dissapointed if they don't draft a QB.  Cooper Rush gives them 0 leverage.  Gimme Jalen Hurts!

I like Hurts — as a career backup.

Some team might take a chance on him becoming another Lamar Jackson, but I don’t think he is athletic enough to do it like LJ. He’s not quick enough and I’m not sure he could stand up to the hits he would take. Some team might want to try to use him like the Saints are using Hill and that would make a lot of sense. I just don’t see him being an every day starting QB in the NFL. If he lands on the right team, he may be able to carve out a nice career though...IMO.

• Like 1