Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also you take Lamb every day. He was the #1 or #2 WR for everyone.

Some had him as a top 10 player.

WR WAS a NEED, it was just that we thought the top 2 would be gone and instead of taking WR 3-5 we could get 10-13 in the 3rd maybe.

It’s a great pick. It was the best player. And a position of need just not as big a need as DB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Drew is insistent that Ruggs isn’t close to Lamb or Jeudy. Most think he’s wrong. 

Mea Culpa, didn't follow all that through the thread. 

Edit:  And I think he's wrong too.  Ruggs is very much like Hollywood...maybe Tyreek if you stretch that but Tyreek is only Tyreek with Mahomes.  I'll listen to Jeudy vs Lamb but not Ruggs...he's clearly behind the other 2.  NFL's obsession with speed is overrating a lot of track guys who are good, not great, football players. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Lamb is fucking good. I’m so tired of bitching about the cowboys; ima stfu and enjoy the ride. Offense should be filthy. If our overpaid D wakes up and stays healthy maybe we can win something. If not, sign or trade everything for a QB lol

Edited by hundredTT

I’m gonna laugh when Ruggs catches for more yards, wins ROY, and makes 10 Pro Bowls as a younger Tyreek. 

EVERYONE refers it to as the Big 3 - not Big 2. 

You can laugh all you want. None of that would make him a better WR next year. He could win ROY on a bad team.

You realize Lamb will be the #3 and step in when Cooper is hurt occasionally right?

If the raider chunk the ball all over the field and Ruggs is starting just lineuped outside running posts and fly routes, yeah he’ll probably have more catches and yards.

But you want to know why? Because Ruggs doesn’t have Cooper, Gallup and a more focused on Jarwin taking away from Lamb.

Who do the raiders have at WR and TE again?

Anyone saying Ruggs is better than lamb today is on crack, and him having more yards and TDs next year won’t prove shit.

Long term it’s a toss up. Depends on what happens all over the team. I’m taking Lambs potential over Ruggs.

You realize Ruggs played for 3 years and had just around 1000 catches? That’s not a lot. Don’t think he had a 1000 yard season either. At some point production matters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

You can laugh all you want. None of that would make him a better WR next year. He could win ROY on a bad team.

You realize Lamb will be the #3 and step in when Cooper is hurt occasionally right?

If the raider chunk the ball all over the field and Ruggs is starting just lineuped outside running posts and fly routes, yeah he’ll probably have more catches and yards.

But you want to know why? Because Ruggs doesn’t have Cooper, Gallup and a more focused on Jarwin taking away from Lamb.

Who do the raiders have at WR and TE again?

Anyone saying Ruggs is better than lamb today is on crack, and him having more yards and TDs next year won’t prove shit.

Long term it’s a toss up. Depends on what happens all over the team. I’m taking Lambs potential over Ruggs.

You realize Ruggs played for 3 years and had just around 1000 catches? That’s not a lot. Don’t think he had a 1000 yard season either. At some point production matters.

I’m going to say 1000 catches is a lot.   Is that a lot? 

• Like 2

Look, I like Lamb. He’s terrific and WR is done for the foreseeable future. But that mother fucker is a quasi-Texan that went to ou. That’s really hard to turn off. I was never a fan of Roy Williams (safety) just because it’s really difficult for me to turn off hating someone like someone from ou.

Look, I like Lamb. He’s terrific and WR is done for the foreseeable future. But that mother fucker is a quasi-Texan that went to ou. That’s really hard to turn off. I was never a fan of Roy Williams (safety) just because it’s really difficult for me to turn off hating someone like someone from ou.
Evil Roy Williams. He is known as evil Roy Williams. You may be young and don't recall his name.
  • Like 4

Lol at anyone that thinks lamb is a Gallup clone. I love Gallup, but he doesn’t have the raw talent that lamb has. There’s no way they were expecting lamb to be there. They had to take him. Hopkins is the comp I get from everyone. The plan was defense but they took the best player available. I applaud them.

Plus, i think WR was more of a need than y’all think.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

So we have two Gallups with Coop instead of an aging Cobb. We also have Jarwin and McCarthy instead of Witten and Garrett. 

There's always secret weapon Tavon Austin as well...still available, shockingly enough.

I have always criticized Jones for reaching on position of need and not taking the best player available so I would be a terrible hypocrite for criticizing him now just because I hate Oklahoma. Assuming a trade down was not available, Dallas stood and and took the best player available. It’s what grown up teams do so from that standpoint it’s hard to really find fault in the pick. A lot of scouts think he is the best WR in the entire draft and to have that fall to you at 17 is really very fortunate. 

My only fear is this forces Jones into “reach for position of need mode” for the rest of the draft. They can always still sign a veteran corner or trade for a defensive linemen later on so I hope the trend of taking best player available continues. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hate said:

I loved Demarco Murray all year, but to this day, I think we beat gb if he doesn't have a god awful fumble (can't remember if it was in the first half or the 2nd half). He had nothing but green grass in front of him, and because of how he holds the football, someone just poked that shit out and it changed the entire game. I'll never forget that play.

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 3

Lulz at Lamb being Gallup clone.

Lamb is probably the best run after catch guy in the team now. And that’s saying something. He’s not quite the route runner Amari is but is better than Gallup.

Gallup is tough catch guy and a deep threat guy, just like Lamb is. That’s where the comparison ends.

Lamb has been compared to Hopkins. Gallup wasnt(and I love Gallup).

What this means is Gallup is gone in 2 years or Cooper is(and for the record, Coopers massive deal is basically a 2 year deal according to everyone. All the money is up front. They can move on after 2 seasons with minimum effort) if he continues to disappear at times

• Like 1

I loved Demarco Murray all year, but to this day, I think we beat gb if he doesn't have a god awful fumble (can't remember if it was in the first half or the 2nd half). He had nothing but green grass in front of him, and because of how he holds the football, someone just poked that shit out and it changed the entire game. I'll never forget that play.

Absolutely. I think 2nd half. They’re scoring there. At least a FG and running time off the clock.

15 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

If you watch that replay it happened because Zach Martin badly whiffed on a block of Clay Matthews.

18 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I have always criticized Jones for reaching on position of need and not taking the best player available so I would be a terrible hypocrite for criticizing him now just because I hate Oklahoma. Assuming a trade down was not available, Dallas stood and and took the best player available. It’s what grown up teams do so from that standpoint it’s hard to really find fault in the pick. A lot of scouts think he is the best WR in the entire draft and to have that fall to you at 17 is really very fortunate. 

My only fear is this forces Jones into “reach for position of need mode” for the rest of the draft. They can always still sign a veteran corner or trade for a defensive linemen later on so I hope the trend of taking best player available continues. 

The way that the first round has fallen I expect a good DB to be there at 51. A lot of surprises from 20 on.

Blah blah blah and 1,000 catches in 3 years would set every NCAA record ever you buffoon. 
I like, in order, Jeudy, Lamb then Ruggs. I think all are Top 10 talents. I think Jefferson is not too far behind. I watched Reagor play a lot and not really that impressed.
More I think about this, more I wish we would’ve spun down and used our later first rounder to draft Jefferson / Bama safety / Murray, and focused on DE / OL / DB with our three picks in Rounds 2 and 3. Depending on what we did in first (assuming Jefferson wasn’t available), I would’ve entertained going all D or OL over first four picks and drafting Duvernay in the 4th.
I just don’t think there’s much of a difference between Lamb and Jefferson. But if the Cowboys had them as their #1 receiver, that means McClay and McCarthy did, and they got their guy. 
The Ticket says Dallas had Lamb as 6 overall on their board. That's a steal at 17.

51 minutes ago, DougO said:

There's always secret weapon Tavon Austin as well...still available, shockingly enough.

He'll get a jet sweep every 4 games. I remember when we got him, Stephen said he was going to get 15-20 touches a game lmao. I hardly remember he exists.

I like the Lamb pick.