Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, DougO said:

If you watch that replay it happened because Zach Martin badly whiffed on a block of Clay Matthews.

It wasn’t Clay Matthews, it was Julius Peppers.  And DeMarco may have taken that one to the house and put Dallas up double digits mid-third quarter.  

Edited by Trey3216

19 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

It wasn’t Clay Matthews, it was Julius Peppers.  And DeMarco may have taken that one to the house and put Dallas up double digits mid-third quarter.  

Probably why Martin whiffed on it, was trying to block the wrong guy.

Just now, DougO said:

Probably why Martin whiffed on it, was trying to block the wrong guy.

Well, Martin didn’t whiff trying to block a 9 technique. Peppers was being blocked and Murray ran right by him.  But peppers stuck his hand out and just happened to hit the ball.   Murray was in full stride and the slot receiver to that side of the field had taken the safety on a deep post to the opposite side.   Murray was taking it to the house, but Peppers’ reach intervened. 

Yea, I doubt anybody in the Dallas organization shared their board with the media.

They do it every year. It’s not surprising and I’m not shocked they told us that. They want to let us know just how high they had him and where they ended up getting him.

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
1 hour ago, C-Man said:
You’d think somebody who made $50M/year would have a nicer looking study/man cave than Roger Goodell has.

Not following here. You think Roger makes 50 million a year or are you comparing some player with zoom backdrops?

Maybe I over-shot. Roger makes around $45M/year based on reports after you include bonuses, etc.

That’s real nice.

If they stop running it on first down more than 50% of the time they’ll be golden.

Throw early. Run late. Can’t wait to see Zeke running out of 11 personnel after the score has been run up a little bit.

11 with jarwin inline or split out. Should lead to light boxes and less traffic...but also fewer blockers.  Is this an offense that you attack defensively with pressure?
With lamb running after the catch that'll now be a dicey proposition for defenses.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:
7 hours ago, Landomatic said:
Well fuck yeah.  Where would you quarantine during a pandemic?

On a boat in party cove on LL in the early 2000s was the tits. And I mean tits.

Spent an entire summer there around that time.  Every damn weekend.  So many tits...and drinks...and drugs...and tits.  Do you remember the Wet Rat (I think that's what it was called)?  Good times.

8 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Lamb's more like Dez than Gallup...... except without all the off field crap (that we know of)....

He's definitely in the Dez mold more than any receiver on our roster. He's a better route runner than Dez, but nowhere near as dominant of a physical presence. The Hopkins comp is what I'm hoping for. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Helobious said:

Was it Lamb or Marquise Brown that intentionally slid to draw a targeting call & get (Brandon Jones?) ejected during the RRS? Savvy play even though I wanted to punch the OU player that did it.

If no one else is going to clean this up then I guess I will- it was Lamb that slid and Roach that got ejected.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AustinMT said:

Kliffy get s second place (behind Jerry) for best draft setup:

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Not this guy. 

Yeah, that's pretty baller.  More what I expected from a lot more of them.

Can't imagine how much Scottsdale ass Coach Bro is slayin out there.

2 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Spent an entire summer there around that time.  Every damn weekend.  So many tits...and drinks...and drugs...and tits.  Do you remember the Wet Rat (I think that's what it was called)?  Good times.

Cant say that I do.  300 pound dude in the speedo and viking hat always cracked me up.  I tried to get as close as I could to the guy with the 40ish foot boat with the stripper pole on the back. 

26 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I tried to get as close as I could to the guy with the 40ish foot boat with the stripper pole on the back. 

I think that was the Wet Rat.  Or at least that was one of the biggest out there and it always had strippers.  And I too tried to spend as much time on/near it as possible.

• Like 1

After sleeping on it, I know there were bigger needs, but just know that before last night the 3rd wr on our team was Cedrick Wilson. So you already have Amari Cooper with a little bit of injury history, and if he were to go down, you’re kinda fucked at the position. We could’ve waited on a wr, but we kinda needed a guy that can for sure play on day 1. 

1 hour ago, youdunnf'dup said:

After sleeping on it, I know there were bigger needs, but just know that before last night the 3rd wr on our team was Cedrick Wilson. So you already have Amari Cooper with a little bit of injury history, and if he were to go down, you’re kinda fucked at the position. We could’ve waited on a wr, but we kinda needed a guy that can for sure play on day 1. 

I still think we should get dez.  bet he’d sign  a vet minimum prove-it contract and could be a situational red-zone target.  worth every penny. 

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

the death of my mother will not be taken lightly you jerk. 

We were all devastated when your mom passed.  I can’t speak for everyone, but I know it took me a couple of months to find a replacement who sucked dick with as much enthusiasm.

• Like 4