Dallas Cowboys 2020 Offseason Thread -- 25th Anniversary of Mediocrity

Patrick Bateman

Some other things on Robinson....

Deaf in one ear..... huh?  What was that?

We can add him to the debate team.

What he needs to improve on....

So, I've seen some thought that taking two boundaries in the draft means they may move Chido to a safety slot in nickel or dime, if the two youngsters can earn time.  Certainly needed at least one boundary as Lewis and Brown are slot guys.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Again, I asked who gave the scouting report you were referencing.....

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020/04/23/chicago-bears-recently-held-pre-draft-meeting-with-tulsa-cornerback-reggie-robinson/

The size, length and ball production offer up hope, but Robinson’s lack of speed and athletic traits could prevent him from maintaining playmaking positioning as a pro. He has average instincts, but his length can be a disruptive factor in close quarters. If he can crank up his run-support intensity, he might get looks as a zone corner or a safety.

https://insidethestar.com/tulsa-cb-reggie-robinson-ii-is-a-sleeper-the-cowboys-should-consider/

Reggie Robinson checks all the boxes as far as size, speed, and ball production is concerned, but unfortunately that all doesn’t show up on tape. He’s a little stiff through the hips in his transitions, which allows receivers to gain separation on him. He possesses enough talent for the Dallas Cowboys to take a chance on him here, but a switch to safety may be in his future if he can improve his run support just a little bit.

50 minutes ago, Drew said:

Depends on where you look. Check social media. Most of the guys like Dane Brugler and John owning and Jonah Tuhl all had him as a top 100 player.

ESPN and PFF has him much lower.

It’s a value pick based on who you want to believe. Or it’s not if you believe the other.

Simply he’s a Ball Hawk and amazing athlete, and a good special teams player with a blocked kick/punt in each of the last 3 seasons. I can definitely see why they took him.

He is a bit of a project at CB and maybe a potential safety, But he had 4 of Tulsas 5 total interceptions last year. That along give me some hope.

The mean of the draft projections had him going right where he went- in the middle of the fourth round. It’s an ok value pick. I just kind of wished Dallas kept up the streak of taking guys rated much higher than they were drafted. But it’s hard to really complain just nit picking not taking a few guys who were higher on the board despite not needing another OT or LB. 

Edited by Newy25

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Thank you.  Yea, I read Lance Z's report.  It was poor as he seemed to contradict himself and didn't really understand the player.  Maybe he wrote it early in the process but Robinson has very good athletic traits and at 6'1" and running a 4.44, his speed is good although maybe he meant game speed.  As he references himself, he can get high out of his transitions and hasn't been playing the position his entire career, although not a huge concern.  In the 4th round, they all got warts but I think he's a boundary CB, who could cross at safety and is expected to be a special teams standout.

Okay, 2 in the 5th including the last pick, then no 6th and 1 7th.  Rumor going around is that there is a medical issue with Weaver.

EDIT.  oh shit, we traded up and took Tyler Biadasz, center from OL factory, Wisconsin.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

34 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Good ole Saty..

giphy.gif

I'm not hating on the pick, I think he'll be solid at safety.

Just don't want a situation like Erik Rowe, a true safety who got torched because the Eagles insisted on playing him as a boundary corner with no over-the-top help.

9 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

There's the interior lineman....

Trading one Wisky Center for another.....

Sign me up. I went from hating the Frederick pick at the time -- though it was more Jerrah reaching for him at least a round early, perhaps two -- to maybe him being my favorite player on the team.

• Like 1

So the OL is probably Collins, Martin, Looney, McGoverin/Williams, Smith.

Maybe Biadazz beats him out and Looney is your backup C/Guard(great for us)

And Connor Williams probably goes to swing tackle.

That’s a decent OL to go into the year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

He had a late third round grade by almost everyone so a really good value pick at the end of the fourth round. 

Hmmm...  Tyler Biadasz   

NFL.com

Solid but unspectacular center prospect who has been a consistent performer during Jonathan Taylor’s rushing reign in the Big Ten. He’s smart, well-versed in every blocking scheme and plays with efficient, inside hands that possess impressive grip strength. He plays under control and usually hits his landmarks, but he has issues winning when matched against power. Pass protection could be a concern, as NFL sub-rushers will feast on his lunging and average lateral quickness. Biadasz’s skill level has been developed, so he could become an early starter with limited upside.

The Draft Network

A starter of 41 straight games, Biadasz proved to be one of the best interior offensive lineman to come through the Badgers program in recent memory. A program that’s rich in offensive line talent, he racked up tons of accolades that will forever etch his career in stone. A career played strictly at center, he remained the heart of the offense throughout his three seasons with the team. While the awards stacked up during his final season, there is a widely speculated belief that he took a bit of a step back following hip surgery. His functional strength and balance were average and he didn’t look nearly as crisp as his pre-injury form. Biadasz’s medicals will vary amongst teams, but he still remains a late Day 2 or early Day 3 option for man/gap based blocking scheme teams.

Would anyone be opposed to another WR here? KJ Hill is a pure slot WR and will be great there. But doubling up there? Not so sure. He’s a top 100 player on a lot of boards. Proche is at that point too.

Anae the edge who will have some impact is still around too.

What we thinking?

Not really an inline TE though..... More of a move guy.  Is that what Coach Thumb wants?

Yeah said they wanted a more Witten type TE to pair with Jarwin.

Still thinking WR here(hill or proche), Anae the edge.

They’ll probably grab someone We’re not thinking though.

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Isn't Anae too small to be an effective DE?

6'3", 257 Lbs.  Probably can add 10 lbs there.  Shorter arms which is what works against him but at 179, if he can contribute in special teams and be a situational pass rusher in his first two years, that's amazing.  He was amazingly productive.

Oh, also..... his Texas ties..... love it.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

Love Lamb and Gallimore - feel like the later is underrated playing for LOL Stoops and miscast as a 3-4 NT.  Very happy with Diggs and Badass.  Tulsa CB a fine boom or bust pick, not sold on Utah DE as I don’t think his ceiling and versatility in terms of technique is that high but he apparently was great in the Senior Bowl.  Could be our best draft since ‘89. 

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

6'3", 257 Lbs.  Probably can add 10 lbs there.  Shorter arms which is what works against him but at 179, if he can contribute in special teams and be a situational pass rusher in his first two years, that's amazing.  He was amazingly productive.

Oh, also..... his Texas ties..... love it.

This! He has similar size to Robert Quinn. He’s gonna be great on 3rd downs and rotational. Lots of grit and effort guy. Just bolsters the DL where we will be getting after QBs this year. No one is expecting him to be DLaw. But I do think he will surprise and make plays.

Edited by taybo20

Love Lamb and Gallimore - feel like the later is underrated playing for LOL Stoops and miscast as a 3-4 NT.  Very happy with Diggs and Badass.  Tulsa CB a fine boom or bust pick, not sold on Utah DE as I don’t think his ceiling and versatility in terms of technique is that high but he apparently was great in the Senior Bowl.  Could be our best draft since ‘89. 

He was picked last in round 5 and consensus 3rd rounder.

Don’t really have to be sold on Anae at all anyways because 5th rounders are hit or miss anyways.

Dude will be in the rotation next year. He’ll be at least as good as Armstrong I bet.

How about best draft since 2016? Let’s start there. Got 3 starters still(Collins was a starter but is no in Oakland, so 4 really) and our Nickle Corner in that draft. Tough to top it.

Hope this one does.