Luka Doncic

Goo Punch

I mean this complimentary, to think how good he is already yet has so much room to improve is the really crazy thing to me. When his shooting gets consistent, both deep and FT line, along with getting star treatment from refs then he’ll avg 30+ a night no problem.

I mean this complimentary, to think how good he is already yet has so much room to improve is the really crazy thing to me. When his shooting gets consistent, both deep and FT line, along with getting star treatment from refs then he’ll avg 30+ a night no problem.
He's close already. He averaged 28.8 this season

He's close already. He averaged 28.8 this season

Yeah but he’s still like shooting 75% from the FT line and 31% from Three.

Imagine him getting up to 80% and 36-37% respectively? He’d easily be getting 32-34 points a night. And that not taking into account him getting Bron/Harden respect from refs

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

if anyone wants to eat a humongous plate of crow, now would be a great time. 

Not me, bro.  I said top 5 all time type potential here and over beers with some hardcore local nba fans.  They thought that was outrageous just a week ago.  But that remains very realistic and seeing him today, holy shit.  

Its insane that we lucked into a top 5 guy this early in his career. Compare Luka to guys like Zion or Morant, who were superhyped guys and lived up to expectations yet are still in the 30-40 range of NBA players. Or even the other top 5 guys (Harden, Giannis, Kawhi) who all took about 5 seasons to get to that level. The only one who compares to Luka in terms of being this good, this early is Lebron and possibly KD. And we got him in a draft we walked into with the #5 pick

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You can lulz all you want but this team can win a watered-down, parity-filled West this year. I’m not saying they will win it but they absolutely can. They should be up 3-1 in this series and just tied it 2-2 without a 20 and 10 guy. This is a totally new season, and if KP is healthy they are the better team right now. This is everyone’s consensus ultimate NBA champion, and a team the Mavs finished a mere 7.5 games behind, a season in which KP only played 57 games.  They were 2.5 games behind the 4 seed. They have a better winning percentage in the regular season than ultimate champ Rockets from the mid-90s. Well playoff Rockets that year were a lot different than regular season Rockets. 

All I’m saying is “we’re playing with house money” is bullshit. I’m sure everyone in Dallas thought that in 2016 in Dak and Zeke’s rookie season; now they have a less dominant line and defense.  Point being, you don’t know what will happen, so they need to win as many series as they can now, because while logic dictates they’ll develop, you never know what’ll happen. If they win this series, they’re in the WCF against, at this point, the Rockets. LAL don’t scare me. Rockets do; those games would be epic. 

Stop comparing the Mavs to the Cowboys.  It's fucking stupid on multiple levels. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You know this line of thinking drives me crazy. I know our two studs are young, but we should be up 2-1 in this series and I want to win NOW. What if they don’t develop like they should?  What if we don’t make free agency splashes coming into this winter?

You're right of course; development and improvement for the team and Luka under Carlisle should be expected. But it doesn’t always work out that way. We can beat anyone in the league - now. 

You are spot on. Yes, they can win now. No travel and no homecourt advantage changes everything. Not to mention that this particular team looks like they are really enjoying being around each other. That makes a difference in attitude. 

Fans of the Suns, Kings, Grizz, and Hawks haz a sad this morning.

Nah you still got Suns fans who will still say they prefer Ayton.

And I’m seeing people screaming that Trae is STILL the better player, it’s just Luka has a better team.

They truly believe 6’2” Trae could do everything Luka is doing, even against the Clippers.

24 minutes ago, alincoln said:

If you redraft the NBA today, Luka goes 1 or 2 behind Giannis.  Interesting that the future of the league belongs to a couple of guys from Europe

Some teams would still pass on Luka, but that's okay, as the Mavs never get a top pick anyway. 

The 2013 draft was not a shining moment for the Mavs.  Normally, they do a good job scouting Euro players, but they missed out on Giannis, as did 13 other teams.  Of course, had they selected Giannis, they likely would not have been in position to take Luka, so I guess lamenting the fact that the Mavs could have conceivably had both is pointless.

56 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

Some teams would still pass on Luka, but that's okay, as the Mavs never get a top pick anyway. 

The 2013 draft was not a shining moment for the Mavs.  Normally, they do a good job scouting Euro players, but they missed out on Giannis, as did 13 other teams.  Of course, had they selected Giannis, they likely would not have been in position to take Luka, so I guess lamenting the fact that the Mavs could have conceivably had both is pointless.

Meh, it was a different league in 2013. No one had embraced the 3's and layups, create spacing for driving lanes philosophy. No one knew what to do with some super freaky Greek kid who couldn't shoot, but was also too lean to play in the post.

Luka not going number 1 in a league that was perfectly set up for him because he was European, white, and a little pudgy was egregious from Day 1.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Its insane that we lucked into a top 5 guy this early in his career. Compare Luka to guys like Zion or Morant, who were superhyped guys and lived up to expectations yet are still in the 30-40 range of NBA players. Or even the other top 5 guys (Harden, Giannis, Kawhi) who all took about 5 seasons to get to that level. The only one who compares to Luka in terms of being this good, this early is Lebron and possibly KD. And we got him in a draft we walked into with the #5 pick

If Zion can get his body and minutes right he is instantly a top 15 player. Maybe top 10.

5 hours ago, Drew said:

Nah you still got Suns fans who will still say they prefer Ayton.

And I’m seeing people screaming that Trae is STILL the better player, it’s just Luka has a better team.

They truly believe 6’2” Trae could do everything Luka is doing, even against the Clippers.

Your insecurity is boundless...

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

If Zion can get his body and minutes right he is instantly a top 15 player. Maybe top 10.

Needs to lose weight FO-SHO...

Zions effort reminds me of Manu.  Probably wrong on this prediction, but Zion seems like a player who lasts only  7-8yrs because he plays so hard -- his body just won't be able to handle playing in the NBA any longer than that..

Edited by LTtxfan

Your insecurity is boundless...

Not sure why this response? Someone said something and I responded what I see on social media.

Yes it’s mostly PHX and ATL fans. But it’s not nearly as small as that idiot DR beeper believes it is.

How is it insecure to state what is actually being said? Jesus some of you just itch to start some shit.

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Zion needs to lose 30-40 lbs for that to happen.  Maybe more.  He’s gonna have foot/ankle/knee problems his entire career with his explosive athletic ability and that frame.   I don’t know if he has the dedication for that.  He’s always been able to do whatever he wanted.   That’s not the case any longer 

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Not sure why this response? Someone said something and I responded what I see on social media.

Yes it’s mostly PHX and ATL fans. But it’s not nearly as small as that idiot DR beeper believes it is.

How is it insecure to state what is actually being said? Jesus some of you just itch to start some shit.

Because you actively seek out and espouse irrelevant or oftentimes completely made up slights against your favorite sports teams. You actively search that shit out and believe that opinions of random people on twitter or message boards are somehow representative of a greater narrative - one that conspires to sway public opinion away from your beloved Mavs and Cowboys. 

No one other than PHX super fans believe that the Ayton pick was the right pick iright now. That is not the prevailing opinion. It's the opinion of distraught fans wishcasting that he will ultimately be a key player on a great team.

Very, VERY few people believe Trae is better than Luke. And those that take that position are shit-stirring contrarians.

Then you're over on the Mavs thread saying that:

I’m seeing now that the Mavs “celebrated like they won the title” after that win.

So now they being disparaged in that way I guess?

Yet you don't actually cite anyone credible saying as much. 

It's weird how much you post about what random people on the internet say disparaging your favorite sports teams. Why can't you just enjoy an awesome win and turn off your "hater radar". 

Edited by irishtexan

19 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Because you actively seek out and espouse irrelevant or oftentimes completely made up slights against your favorite sports teams. You actively search that shit out and believe that opinions of random people on twitter or message boards are somehow representative of a greater narrative - one that conspires to sway public opinion away from your beloved Mavs and Cowboys. 

No one other than PHX super fans believe that the Ayton pick was the right pick iright now. That is not the prevailing opinion. It's the opinion of distraught fans wishcasting that he will ultimately be a key player on a great team.

Very, VERY few people believe Trae is better than Luke. And those that take that position are shit-stirring contrarians.

Then you're over on the Mavs thread saying that:

Yet you don't actually cite anyone credible saying as much. 

It's weird how much you post about what random people on the internet say disparaging your favorite sports teams. Why can't you just enjoy an awesome win and turn off your "hater radar". 

Who is "seeking shit out"?  You think I'm searching twitter and the internet for people saying shit? No.  IF you scroll down Twitter during/after a Mavs game this shit just pops up.

Jesus man, the ONLY one making a big deal about this shit is you.  I'm not doing anything that anyone else wouldn't do when they're seeing people talk stupid shit on the internet.  IF you notice I'm not overreacting to anything...I'm just stating what's being said.  I'm sorry I didn't screen shot and attach the tweets as fucking proof for your sensibilities.  Jesus Christ man, get over yourself.

18 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

What do you think he does if people refuse rental car insurance?  I mean who the fuck buys any extra insurance on a rental?

Oh wow, so funny.  Got me so hard...for the record the ONLY people who get rental car insurance are those that don't have it to begin with.  You know, which is fucking smart.  Or does driving around Texas with no insurance sound smart to you?

Oh that's right, forgot who the fuck I'm talking to.  You almost as bad as that idiot futureman.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Also true. Fuck him and the other trolls who just purposefully say stupid shit just to get a rise out of people.

Naw, man, I celebrate @futureman and his schtick. He refuses to break character, yet he's not mean spirited like some and is frequently clever.

And though he dishes out lots of shit, he can take it in return. If you know what he's about, then it should be easy to not let him put you on tilt.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Oh wow, so funny.  Got me so hard...for the record the ONLY people who get rental car insurance are those that don't have it to begin with.  You know, which is fucking smart.  Or does driving around Texas with no insurance sound smart to you?

Oh that's right, forgot who the fuck I'm talking to.  You almost as bad as that idiot futureman.

32D586A9-E057-4E7F-9BE4-F634876F5BC9.gif

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Naw, man, I celebrate @futureman and his schtick. He refuses to break character, yet he's not mean spirited like some and is frequently clever.

And though he dishes out lots of shit, he can take it in return. If you know what he's about, then it should be easy to not let him put you on tilt.

416E6880-0EC6-40CA-9291-D63B4B5032CC.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

he reminds me of James Harden when he first came into the league, strictly in the sense that he's much more athletic than his body would lead you to believe. he isn't a high flyer, but for things like lateral quickness, reaction time, ability to change direction, etc. he moves a lot better than you'd think. give him a couple of more years and i'll bet you he gets his body into really good shape, and when he does...shheeeiiittttt. watch out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...