Golf Clash

Fudbelty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maxed out through 8, working on 9. I think I got up to about 2818. Only played a couple matches in 10. Won one, lost one, so I'm at 0. Crazy how good some players are though. Some crazy holes on 9 and 10 as well. Since I'm relatively new to them, I always hope the other player goes first on holes I haven't seen before. At least playing the higher tours makes it easier to move up. I finished 2nd a couple weeks ago with 70+M and lost by over a billion $. Damn game is addictive.

• 3 weeks later...

Took a while but I'm pretty good at Tour 9 now and fully maxed out.  Opened up Tour 11 - $25M bonus which was nice. I've played probably 10 matches in Tour 10 and its always tough to start a new tour because you aren't comfortable with the courses. In any event,  I've probably won 3 of 10. In any event, working to build up my bankroll so I can afford to learn Tour 10. Have about $75M now so probably enough, but trying to get to $100M because I know its going to be rough at the start. Playing Master III now and I've got about $250M and I'm not in the top 60. Obviously those guys at the top are playing the higher level tours to get into the billions/tens of billions.

There are some ridiculous players in those Tours. I can usually hold my own, but its pretty clear I'm way outclassed by some of those guys when they are dunking it with 13+mph winds. Anyways, Tour 9 is pretty comfortable and I'm pretty solid at the shootouts so I can win >50%. Still a lot of good players though and anything more than 2yds on the shootouts has a decent chance of losing. Looking to take the step to Tour 10 soon.

The biggest help for improvement was learning the wind charts, I was guessing up through most of Tour 8 and lost a lot of shootouts because I misjudged. Now that I understand the ring system, elevation, etc., I am much more consistent.

I watch a fair amount of play-throughs on YouTube to get tips, especially for the tournaments. The problem is its tough to change "how" I play or with what clubs and my performance in those is mixed. Most I win or finish top 5 in the qualifier, then sometimes I make it to the final round, sometimes I don't. It's crazy how exact the top guys are in setting up each shot to shoot those scores. Not sure I'll get there.

Still an addictive game, just not looking forward to the increase in losses in Tour 10 when I make the jump.

There are still times i don't get a shot off trying to get the rings correct. Infrequent, but it really takes some getting used to. It cost me a lot of games at first but it makes a difference. I don't have that many games so I imagine the feel continues to get better.

Finished 66th in masters 3. Not relegated but until I can play tours 11 and 12 is not worth sweating over.

Fun game. Not sure what I'm going to do about a clan. We've only got a couple players and I'm really the one generating 80% of the points. We're pro2 currently. I'll probably be looking to change. How is your team doing?

I’ve kind of turned to mercenary work. Putting up 8k points a season and helping teams get to C100. Our actual clan (Shankaholicz) made C100 again last season but they’re going to be relegated this season and then we’ll push again.

It’s nuts how much some of these guys play. Clashaholicz has an old lady named Beavis. Who all she does is play GC and help her old ass husband. She puts up 30-40k regularly.

fuck me. That's a lot of games. I've got a little less than 3200 games. Win at about 52-53%. Finally started playing Tour 10 (because I was having a shit day on Tour 9 so why not). A couple rough holes to start, but then I made a hole-in-one to win a shootout. Won a couple more since then. The elevation is the toughest thing to get down for adjustments to where the ball is going to land. Doesn't help that "Perfect" is eluding me for the most part. Crazy how there are days you can't miss and other days you can't hit it. I won 11 in a row yesterday. Lost my first 6 or 7 today.

I need to figure out what I'm going to do as far as a team. We have 3 other guys. The president who puts up about 700 points and then a relative beginner that may get a couple hundred. I put up 7600 last season and probably will do about the same this season. The last guy might toss in 50-100 points if we're lucky. We're at Pro 2 right now so its going to start getting tough to keep moving up. But there's no pressure to play, so that's a good thing. Not sure I want to get in a hyper-competitive team. On the flip side, I'm far and away the best player on our team, play tours the other guys don't, and with clubs/balls the other guys don't. So I'm basically learning on the fly. Would be nice to have a team that has a lot of knowledge to help out with clubs, wind/elevation, best approaches to holes, etc. Especially as I start playing 3,000 plus players all the time in Tour 10 and beyond.

Other than playing against someone on a team, there doesn't appear to be a way to search teams. Maybe FB? I don't know.

If you want I know 4 different clans that will probably try to push to C100 next season and can add you in the mix. Basically 6k per player is the minimum. So that’s 214 a day. I’ve slacked really hard this season but have been in the 6-8k range pretty regularly.

You could always come be a mercenary on our team. 😁

When does next season start? Certainly send me the teams. Not sure if they can check my stats to verify if I'm good enough/play enough but its HoustonHorn on there too.

I'm going to make one more push to get more players on our team, but I really only play against players on pretty well established teams and I'm guessing most of those people don't want to switch to a 4 (really 2.5) man team. Do people jump around alot? What's the key to getting them to switch since you can't really chat in the game (which is an AWESOME feature btw). Makes it very enjoyable.

If I can't get more players then maybe I'll jump for next season. I can get to 6k pretty easily, especially if I start improving on Tour 10. Last season was 7600 and a lot of that was on tour 8. So playing Tour 9 and 10 exclusively should bump those numbers up some. If I can get better at tournaments I can pick up some more points there too. I've never finished top 50. This was the first time I really tried to study up on the holes and the shots I need to play, but its always difficult to use different clubs and different types of shots than I would normally hit and its so exact that if you miss, you don't get an eagle. Although I did make two albatrosses on the 4th? hole of the Ventura tournament using GC Tommy's method. But 3 pars on the first nine holes of the opening round did me in. -9 on the front, -13 on the back. Finished in about 80th place on Pro. But I should have easily been 25 under in that round if I didn't screw up trying to make the hole in one or the eagle. Left myself in a few bad spots. Not sure if -25 would have been enough though.

It would be nice if you could just play the courses instead of the 1 on 1s. Would help to get comfortable with the shots. Maybe you can do that on Facebook, I don't know.

On the wind/elevation, once you play the holes enough, you can get pretty good at winging it, especially on the shootouts where you know if its downhill the wind is going to affect the shot more. But I definitely hole out from the fairway a lot more than I used to. Had 2 hole in ones today and a couple of other long iron hole outs and one other with the Sniper. For me, the wind charts make a big difference, but damn if I don't have to rush a lot of shots at the end.

Just found this thread...pretty much addicted to this game for the past 2 years. Just recently had a huge slide from being 3500 trophies and 35+ million coins to 3100 trophies and 100,000. But I did just now start using the ring method and its changed how i play completely. Can't believe it took me this long to watch a video on it.

I'm about done with Tour 10. pretty much every hole I hit it in the water or rough. None of the distances work out. Fuck it. I lose 8 of 10 games and I've gone from 100M to 70M in a day. Complete shit holes quite honestly. Bunkers in the middle of fairways. Crazy shit where the ball doesn't go where the guide says its going and it ends up in the water. Not fun. And I had 3 holes in one on Tour 10 yesterday. I realize they have to add some craziness because of the skill level to make it a challenge, but the holes are just stupid. Most of the holes on the Gokasho course are somewhat reasonable but the other two are simply garbage. </endrant former golfer/wanna be course designer>

6 hours ago, BayouBill said:

Just found this thread...pretty much addicted to this game for the past 2 years. Just recently had a huge slide from being 3500 trophies and 35+ million coins to 3100 trophies and 100,000. But I did just now start using the ring method and its changed how i play completely. Can't believe it took me this long to watch a video on it.

Its a game changer. I played with the standard ball through Tour 7 and into Tour 8. My biggest issue was trying to be so exact with the wind and needing to do that because I couldn't curl the ball. I lost a lot of shootouts just barely hitting the rough or a bunker because I was trying to cut it too close. With the wind rings, it just makes a huge difference in consistency (except tour 10 in my limited experience). I'm sure I'll get Tour 10 down after a while. Its getting a little better after I've dropped about $50M. But definitely understand the elevation adjustments as well - +10 or +20 for downhill shots and -10 or -20 for uphill shots. You just apply the % to the wind adjustment so if you need to go 4 rings, but its 10% downhill, then its 4.4 rings.

The elevation is huge on Tour 9 and 10 where you have tight windows to land your ball.

I haven't been consistent enough on Tour 10 to get over 3,400. Seems like I run into someone who is ridiculous every few games. Nobody misses much with a wedge, either. Thought I was in good shape on a lot of holes until they holed out.

What is your name/clan?

HoustonHorn-->Bababooey! here.

20 minutes ago, HoustonHorn said:

Its a game changer. I played with the standard ball through Tour 7 and into Tour 8. My biggest issue was trying to be so exact with the wind and needing to do that because I couldn't curl the ball. I lost a lot of shootouts just barely hitting the rough or a bunker because I was trying to cut it too close. With the wind rings, it just makes a huge difference in consistency (except tour 10 in my limited experience). I'm sure I'll get Tour 10 down after a while. Its getting a little better after I've dropped about $50M. But definitely understand the elevation adjustments as well - +10 or +20 for downhill shots and -10 or -20 for uphill shots. You just apply the % to the wind adjustment so if you need to go 4 rings, but its 10% downhill, then its 4.4 rings.

The elevation is huge on Tour 9 and 10 where you have tight windows to land your ball.

I haven't been consistent enough on Tour 10 to get over 3,400. Seems like I run into someone who is ridiculous every few games. Nobody misses much with a wedge, either. Thought I was in good shape on a lot of holes until they holed out.

What is your name/clan?

HoustonHorn-->Bababooey! here.

Cason---> Clan Canuck

And good to know about the elevation numbers. I was just eyeballing it when it came to that.

10 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

You guys want me to see if I can get you in our Push to C100 clan next season? It starts In 2.5 weeks. 6k minimum. If you think you can do 10k the there’s another clan we have that pushes Top10. They got third last season.

Let me see how the next week goes in Tour 10. If I can get comfortable with the holes and get back to winning 50%+ then I'll see about jumping. I don't see a problem with 6k. 10k is pretty steep though. I can win 60%+ on Tour 9, but Tour 10 I'm probably at 30% right now. So I'd have to stick with Tour 9 unless my Tour 10 stats improve and that's 20% less trophies per win.

Switching to the TH driver on Tour 10 so I can hit it close on that stupid par three with three island fairways. I can't get it close on that hole using a sniper. There's a few other shootout holes that are giving me fits as well. Getting better at the regular holes, but does no good if it goes to a shootout that I suck at. Almost an automatic loss if I get one of those.

So on the first one, the video from GC Tommy has it hitting the left island and bouncing short of the hole and rolling up to the pin. Probably due to elevation, but I can't get that to bounce right and have ended up in the water. So the other times I've played out to the left and used the slope. But haven't figured out where to aim to get it really close. I can probably figure this out once I play enough games and see where people hit it who get it close.

On the second one, the videos say hit the very front of the fairway and I've done that but always end up around 4 yards away. Lots of other people play shots other places and get it within two yards. But there's literally an unlimited number of places to hit it. I hit it onto the front of the fairway once, but hit a "Good" shot which was way off line to the left. It bounced way to the right, hit another dip and bounced left and got about 2.5 yards. The guy I was playing against (after he stopped laughing) hit a Sniper into the front right bunker and rolled out to about 1.5 yards. Other people have played middle left or right and found a "flat" area to land, but I don't really know the elevation so I can't make the proper wind/ring adjustment to land where I'm aiming so it doesn't end up well. I need a strategy on this one because very few people play it the same way.

On the third one, I hit a Sniper onto the first island, bounce to the third island and then onto the green, but it is really inconsistent as to where it lands on the green and how it rolls back to the hole. Hit a couple close, but if I'm inside 10 yrds its a pretty good shot for me right now and that loses every time. I need a strategy on this one because very few people play it the same way.

On the last one I think its just a matter of getting the elevation/wind adjustment down as I  play it more. I seem to overshoot that fairway landing spot every time and the times I've hit it I've had a ball that doesn't have enough curl/spin combo to get all the way to the left where it can fall down next to the hole. I can figure this one out once I play it enough.

Do y'all get the different balls? I play with the Katana/Titan/Kingmaker alot.  I've had a lot of luck playing level V wind balls, regardless of power. The Easter (Chocolate) ball is great. Has 2 power, 2 sidespin, and 5 wind. I play with the Kraken or Season 21 balls when I don't need any distance at all. On tour 9, there really are only a couple holes where you need extra power. And it makes the shootouts much easier with low wind. Much easier to be consistently close. The Coast ball for sale now is a good power ball. There are a couple driveable holes down wind with Power 4 and 5 balls so I like having some of these as well.

That's a great round. I never felt comfortable on that course. Shot -20 and parred the 8th/17th both times. Would have made the cut but it wouldn't have mattered. I was never going to shoot near - 26, much less - 30 or whatever will win.

I don't know how much preparing you do, but the best shot on the 1st/10th is a guardian shot with nearly full backspin and I believe 3 right spin. Set up about 3 squares to the right of the hole on the front fringe. Erelic and quite a few others have videos on their walk throughs on YouTube. Guaranteed hole in one almost, assuming perfect. I even made one the first time through using that method.

The amount of prep these guys do is crazy. I don't enjoy that as much as just playing matches.

Edited by HoustonHorn

Let me ask a question here. If you play against "Friends" which I guess is through Facebook, can you pick the course and/or holes you play? Probably my biggest issue in tournaments is that I am usually trying to play holes I'm not real familiar with and trying to hit other people's shots with clubs I don't use that often. It seems like the guys who play consistently well in the tournaments are able to play those tournament holes ALOT to practice and get their notes for each hole down exactly. I realize I can just go play the tours those courses are on, but in the middle of a match that counts, I'm not going to be focused on how to shoot 25-under in the tournament, I'm going to be trying to win the hole. I don't really want to play through FB, but if it does allow you to better prep for the tourneys I might have to give in.

Also gotta say, nice coin stack. I'm about half that. I had $100M and quickly dropped to about $45M as I started playing Tour 10. Went back to 9 and have built it back up to about $110M. About ready to start T10 again. Would be less pressure with an additional $100M in coins.

Studying this video now for the shootouts on T10. I hope I don't play her. I think its a girl or a 10 year old kid.

I think the biggest difficulty I've been having with the various T10 shootouts is that several of them change how you play them depending on the wind. On T9, there are very few times I can't hit the same shot depending on the wind with only slight changes to account for the wind. So its easy and repeatable. Here you have to really remember the different approaches to each hole depending on the wind.

I also learned my issue with the first shootout hole I listed above - she was using 35% over-adjustment for wind. I've been playing 20-25%. which was why I wasn't getting close. Should be better now. The others is just a matter of appropriate setup depending on the wind. I don't always use a P1 ball, so I'm sure this will have to be tweaked for different balls. I may start with some W5 P1 balls like the Kraken or this seasons ball to get used to the shootouts. Then go from there to other balls.

8k this season with my main account. Started a new account so I could play the early tours against people who aren't already part of established teams. Trying to get more members.

Picked up another 750 trophies with that account. Crazy to play with beginner clubs. Takes a lot of getting used to.

We had 10k as a Team and finished 3rd in Pro II and moved up to Pro III.

Third straight time I've stayed in master 3. I don't play high enough tours to challenge in those.

Have $230M now so will start playing a lot of tour 10.

Had the pleasure of losing to Beavis twice today. I couldn't keep up with the Apoc 7/Cataclysm 7/TH7 combo she threw at me. Oh well, having more success in T10 now for the most part and getting the hang of the shootouts.

Y'all playing in the Spring Major?

Had a -13 on my beginner account in Rookie and a -14 in my regular account on Pro. Wouldn't be surprised to see something close to -20 for nine holes/-40 for 18 at some point. Too many chances for albatrosses and the par 3's and par 4's seem relatively easy for hole in one's/short shots to the green.

Finished 13th in rookie with my second (beginner) account although the person who won obviously cheated (-36 through 12 holes - or in other words a hole in one on every hole played, picture attached).

Missed the cut for the weekend on my main account because I didn't get a shot off in time on the last par 3 (which I made a hole in one on both times I played it in shootouts). F me.

-26 in the weekend round isn't too bad with nearly beginner clubs (EM 4, BD 4, GR 4, Thorn 6, etc.) Not having the distance, leveled up Sniper, or ball guides takes away the relatively easy Albatrosses , although I did get one by luck on the 6th hole. Not bad with pretty much no ball guide and hitting a curl shot for the rough bump.

Frustrating to miss the cut on the main account though.

I haven't seen any reports of -40, which is kind of surprising considering the relative ease of making an albatross on each of the par 5s. I did see a -38 posted.

GCMaster.JPG

On 5/18/2020 at 8:54 AM, HoustonHorn said:

Finished 13th in rookie with my second (beginner) account although the person who won obviously cheated (-36 through 12 holes - or in other words a hole in one on every hole played, picture attached).

Missed the cut for the weekend on my main account because I didn't get a shot off in time on the last par 3 (which I made a hole in one on both times I played it in shootouts). F me.

-26 in the weekend round isn't too bad with nearly beginner clubs (EM 4, BD 4, GR 4, Thorn 6, etc.) Not having the distance, leveled up Sniper, or ball guides takes away the relatively easy Albatrosses , although I did get one by luck on the 6th hole. Not bad with pretty much no ball guide and hitting a curl shot for the rough bump.

Frustrating to miss the cut on the main account though.

I haven't seen any reports of -40, which is kind of surprising considering the relative ease of making an albatross on each of the par 5s. I did see a -38 posted.

GCMaster.JPG

Got 8th in the rookie class, also finally getting myself out of sub 100,000 coins hell. 

• 2 weeks later...

So have any of y'all heard anything about Tommy cheating? (I'm assuming GC Tommy but it wasn't specifically stated)

I occasionally watch YT videos for tips, etc. Anyways, Graham was saying something about Tommy cheating (from what I could tell it was in the past) and then someone from one of the top clans had found Tommy's kid on facebook and sent them a bunch of shit.

Not being part of a big, well known clan, I'm not in the loop. Thought maybe one of y'all had heard something about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Feel free to be a mercenary for our team while you find your way.

Is not bothering me that much. Visually it's a little difficult to get used to which I think will get better over time.

I didn't think they changed anything about the actual hitting area for perfect so it's just a mind thing. I will say it doesn't seem very smooth and consistent on Android, but I think that will always be a problem due to the nature of Android vs IOS. thinking about getting an iPad to play on though.

As far as the changes to the spin meter I think it actually makes more sense, but the problem is you don't need Spin 4 and Spin 5 balls. Not at the expense of power or wind resistance. That's just a money grab. Don't care about the people who have shoes dialed in, should be an easy conversion to adjust.

Can't wait to see what they do with the tournaments and see how the top players /streamers respond.

Still having to select a ball despite getting rid of packs is a fireable offense. It's literally a waste of time and happens even after you go in and select a new ball in your bag before starting a round. wtf.

Overall I think it's a step in the right direction overall but PD can't help but step on their own dick in the process.

8 do like the new course and how several more are released this year.

On 5/3/2020 at 10:33 AM, HoustonHorn said:

Also gotta say, nice coin stack. I'm about half that. I had $100M and quickly dropped to about $45M as I started playing Tour 10. Went back to 9 and have built it back up to about $110M. About ready to start T10 again. Would be less pressure with an additional $100M in coins.

Studying this video now for the shootouts on T10. I hope I don't play her. I think its a girl or a 10 year old kid.

I think the biggest difficulty I've been having with the various T10 shootouts is that several of them change how you play them depending on the wind. On T9, there are very few times I can't hit the same shot depending on the wind with only slight changes to account for the wind. So its easy and repeatable. Here you have to really remember the different approaches to each hole depending on the wind.

I also learned my issue with the first shootout hole I listed above - she was using 35% over-adjustment for wind. I've been playing 20-25%. which was why I wasn't getting close. Should be better now. The others is just a matter of appropriate setup depending on the wind. I don't always use a P1 ball, so I'm sure this will have to be tweaked for different balls. I may start with some W5 P1 balls like the Kraken or this seasons ball to get used to the shootouts. Then go from there to other balls.

I'm a rookie just getting started.  What setup i this?  I play on an android and it looks a bit different than this.  Are people playing this on other platforms?  If so, no wonder I suck so bad.  I'm in a damn good clan though so that helps.

Not sure you mean by the setup. The video is 4 months old so there could be some minor changes to how it looks from the latest version.

What clan are you in?

I'm in Bababooey!!

Fud is currently with us for a temporary break from grinding. We're currently Expert II. Looks like we're in good position to move up. Always looking for players if your every want to make a switch.

If you play tournaments I'd suggest watching some streamers to see how they dial in shots. For rookie Toast of Golf Clash is one of the best. He puts his guides out on facebook too for free. Also Erelic has some good tutorials on wind adjustments and the ring method.

Get Golf clash notebook app. Very very helpful with the wind guide. They also have a very good website that has a lot of useful information.

Good luck. I have a lower level account, HHII, so maybe I'll run across you. Currently playing T5 and 6 mostly.

Also PL3X on facebook is a good resource. To watch some crazy good golfers check out Fenzl. He and DMac are just awesome. Graham is also fantastic but may be an acquired taste for some. He's opinionated, to say the least.

Note: All the references are to YouTube videos.