Golf Clash

Fudbelty

I went through something just a few days ago like this. Almost every player had multiple gold banners. Every shootout was within a yard. Lots of holes in one. I didn't lose that many in a row but I bet I lost 25 of 30. It wasn't fun.

But I have two other accounts so I just played those. Came back after a few days and it was much closer to normal. I think alot were replays.

I've also noticed long times to get a match and even delays loading the game. So I think maybe they are having technical issues.

If you're interested, you should come join our clan. Almost everyone on this thread is on the team. BABABOOEY! I try to post a lot of helpful information for general play and also for tournaments.

Yeah, work is busy here too. Couldn't spend any time on the tournament and just had to play. Made the cut in masters but just shot -12 both rounds. Won't be playing much at all until later next week.

We can definitely use you next season. Also if there's anyone other mercenaries looking for a place to take it easy, they are welcome.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:12 AM, deadshank said:

I started dabbling in this game and got halfway decent but not real serious about it.   I built I nice bankroll and moved up a few tours and levels and could compete with whomever I got paired with, etc.

Since then I have gone on an epic losing streak.   I can’t buy a win.   It’s the craziest thing I’ve ever seen.   My opponents are jarring shots off the tee box, with fairway woods from the fairway, out of the rough, hole-in-ones left, right and more often than not on tie breaker par 3s. The shots that are dropping are completely ridonkulous and there is no way a player could be that good.  

Meanwhile I’m chipping from off the green with 1/2 power and the ball clangs off the stick and rolls off the green, I putt from easily makeable distance and the ball will do a 720 degree power lip out.  It’s like I’m cursed.   

This has been going on for 27 straight games now that I’ve actually started counting.  Yes. a 27+ game losing streak.

Is there an algorithm in the app or a bug that I don’t know about?  Does / did this happen to any of you?  

Unfortunately for you, we didn't get paired up, I'd have ending your streak real quick.

22 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Almost everyone on this thread is on the team. BABABOOEY!

Alright alright geez

We need 3 or 4, 5k players. Fud can be 1 of them if he'd play. I'm good for 8-10k. Sam and Cason are good for 1k. I think a few others are good for 800-1200k.

Tough to recruit high volume players. Everyone I play is in a masters II clan or better. HHII is my better recruiting player... In the sweet spot, T5-7. You just can't put up many points 4 at a time needs to be at least 8 or 10 per win.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:56 AM, HoustonHorn said:

We need 3 or 4, 5k players. Fud can be 1 of them if he'd play. I'm good for 8-10k. Sam and Cason are good for 1k. I think a few others are good for 800-1200k.

Tough to recruit high volume players. Everyone I play is in a masters II clan or better. HHII is my better recruiting player... In the sweet spot, T5-7. You just can't put up many points 4 at a time needs to be at least 8 or 10 per win.

You're exactly right, which is another reason I'm sticking around in that range.  Mostly guys around 750-1000 trophies, probably already mostly in M1 or M2, but I still invite every single one that registers over 500 pts from last season.  You get 25 guys like that, we're moving up.  I bet I've recruited close to 300 since I joined you and I'm not sure that even one has joined.   Just gotta keep pluggin.

You've also got dead weight in the bottom 5 there's probably 4 or 5 guys there with a combined 20 pts.  That's BS unless they're on a two week sabbatical or something, there's no fucking reason they shouldn't have been able to come up with 4-500 points so far combined.  There's 29 on the roster but only 25 or so are really playing.

It's your team, your call.  I'm sure you already realize what I'm saying, just calling em out, hate that leeching bullshit.  Oh and watch out for that RT Lange fucker, he's nothing but trouble.

I invite all the decent players from my league that are not in a clan - not sure why someone would be grinding it out on this game and not be in a clan.  Seems like I'll get some of those to bite eventually.

I got a couple of crucial upgrades this week and have made quite a big jump up.  I saved enough gold to start playing Tour 5 consistently and went on a hot streak winning 13 or 14 in a row.  I won my first match on T6 this morning, but I'm going to have to work more on the ring adjustments to win consistently at this level...

I'll be more worried about dead weight if we get another 10-15 people. For now I did he minds. I might give 1 or 2 the boot pretty quick though because they haven't been around for a couple months. BKZ is a friend and a complete beginner. I can boot her whenever but figured I'd she gets a few points then whatever.

Is really tough for my main account because everyone is in Masters II - C100. They put up a ton of points but on well established teams. We don't have anything to offer they don't already have.

I would love to get a couple really top players to work with on making our own tournament guides but I'll probably have to jump into another established clan for a season to make those connections.

This season is a maintain season anyways. We don't have the horses to move up right now. I'm taking it easy because last season was too much, honestly.

So I look at this season and next season as building the team and then hopefully have enough fire power to get top master 2 and stay there.

I definitely appreciate your efforts in recruiting.

Fud, you're good man, I just give you a hard time. There's no reason to push hard right now. FudDog on the other hand.

I did enjoy you sharing a few beauties with the Down in One.

Good to see it growing. I think T6-7 is the sweet spot for recruiting. Far enough along to get a decent idea of they are good and can generate points, but likely not in a M2+ clan already.

2 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

This season is a maintain season anyways. We don't have the horses to move up right now. I'm taking it easy because last season was too much, honestly.

So I look at this season and next season as building the team and then hopefully have enough fire power to get top master 2 and stay there.

I definitely appreciate your efforts in recruiting.

Good to see it growing. I think T6-7 is the sweet spot for recruiting. Far enough along to get a decent idea of they are good and can generate points, but likely not in a M2+ clan already.

After sitting in exactly the same type of scenario the past 2 months, I knew there was no way possible that without some mid level grinders 20-50 that moving up was in the cards.  I'm curious if the team I was on is in contention because we were finally getting some #'s after sitting at 25-30 players for 2 months.  No regrets though, as I had no connection to the team, just got recruited and took the jump.  I'll be in this team til you disband it.

Would be great to pick up 10-15 this month and 10-15 the next and be in great position to move up in November.

You've been playing this a whole lot longer than I have and its your team to do with as you wish so this is all just me blah blah blah, so accept it as that.

I've learned a lot about recruiting just in the past few days.  And the corresponding fill might corroborate what I think I learned.  

So normally you're playing 1 to 1 and you can recruit that one guy/girl you're playing against, right?  At my level and especially up in yours, we're just not going to play against that many players that aren't already on an M1 team.  So why would they switch?  We are offering nothing that they don't already have access to.  So (in my mind) we need to go after players in the 600-850ish range who are on anything below M1.  So how do I find them?  This is the part I just figured out, and you and others may already know this but maybe just didn't exploit it the way I did.

Recruiting as RT is just pulling lowest hanging fruit, I stuck with the numbers and they started turning out real quick.  No one I was playing against as RT was M1, so it was an easy draw.  Some of them might be fine, some might need to get cut eventually or they may leave on their own.  The game is still new to them and as such they have the natural inclination to learn and get better, all the while grinding away and as a team we gain the points (last time I looked, I think we're up about 10 spots so their grinding is definitely making a difference as we've been sitting in mid 60's for awhile.)  I know you don't/haven't been asking for minimums, but I don't think it's unfair to ask someone to try to give you 20-25 points a day.  At 20/day x 30 average players that's 600/day x 30 days thats 18k/mo.  18k right now alone without another 20 players would have us in 23rd place right now.  Hell I think you could extrapolate that out to 40 average players because I'm 5th (I'll get better Boff) and barely better than average if that.  So lets say 40 which gets you to 24k which now puts you in 8th place!  Without adding any of the top 10 players.   Obviously I'm not counting any tourney winnings into that and those are just bonus anyways.  Most decent players win 50-60% of their games, so to get 20/day you'd need to play 10 tour 4 games or 14 tour 3.  Honestly, that's not that much.  I'm guessing most go thru the pin chest daily (I do) and to get 8 wins you're probably playing at least 12 or 13 games to complete it.  So there's your baseline imo.  

If it were me, that's what I'd ask for, "Get a pin chest every single day"

Now as far as the recruiting sweet spot (imo).  Recruiting as DD is a whole different animal as I mentioned earlier.  Everyone I play against is probably already M1 so probably zero chance to get em to switch.  If they're not M1 however, that's a plus and if you've noticed recently you might have seen my text box say "DD invited HH and 73 others" and that's because when I'm playing someone who's not M1, while they're playing the hole, I'm in their team roster via their player info tab rolling down the list of players on their team and finding the 600-850, 5-10mm coin players who are obviously good players as well with potential to switch should they be offered an M1 position.  So instead of recruiting just this one player that I'm playing against, I'm also in his teams roster while he's lining up shots offering anyone with decent stats an invite as well.  I don't know if you already knew you could do this and maybe it doesn't get discussed much because more people focus on the game as opposed to recruiting but it's there for the taking if we want to exploit it.  

Jared hasn't been on for 63 days, God-Anubis91 38 days, Zach 11 days, Bones 6 days.

That's 4 more spots that could be freed up with a 20/day grinder in their place.

Might also want to raise entry level required to join as well R3 maybe?  Your team, your call.

Sincerely yours,

Denny Lange

Edited by mulletpelini
tits

Love it. You think like I do. You are dead on. It's what I do but to a lesser degree. I just grab the top few players who get a lot of points. The best targets are when there are 1-2 guys supporting the whole team and the pres has 0 points. But alas I'm mostly too highly ranked to get very many at all. The lesser clans are where it's at for sure. Half my HH matches are against C100. The rest are at least M2.

HHII is better but limited as well.

I really appreciate your efforts. I was getting burned out and quite honestly playing HH is a grind because it has to be so so perfect all the time. If I'm on and hitting all the shootouts within 2 yards and winning I keep playing otherwise I switch. Someday even 2 yards isn't even close. It's brutal.

As far as the strategy going forward there will be some culling. This was a huge influx though so going to let it slide for a bit other than the complete no shows. If we can get 2 or 3 1-2k/season players that would be ideal. To get that you really have to find people playing for at least 8-10 points pretty match which is the hardest part.

My plan is to create a clan family with Babatwoeey (Baba2eey) as a feeder clan and Babybooey as an intro clan.

Anyways, you obviously think very strategically and I really appreciate the input. Always feel free to make suggestions on anything. I'm winging it

I hit just over 1k last month so I'll be there and get better along the way so you can count me into that equation.  I got so used to recruiting on the other team because he was constantly pissing people off (I think he was an ok guy he just didn't have a good grasp of english and his translations were rough and some people thought he was being an asshole and he probably wasn't but whatever)

Hell, we're maxed out now, all I have to do is play <sad banana>

I like the BB2 idea, but that would involve another account in order to steer them into it?

Some advice needed from the Surly embers on Bababooey. First of all, its been hugely exciting to watch the clan explode in the last couple weeks. I appreciate all of your efforts, especially DD and RT. As I said above, I was thinking about starting a feeder clan and I went ahead and did that today. BabaTwoeey. Just me for now. But I want y'all's opinion on how I introduce this to the overall clan. I'd like to start a family of clans, basically one for beginners/newbies, one Feeder clan (BabyBooey), the main clan, and maybe a side clan for main members who want don't want to grind for a season or two where they can just play at their leisure and relax or have a place for alt accounts (BabaBrewey). Having never been in a family of clans, I don't really know how that works, but would appreciate feedback on that and how to suggest some of the lower point members move to one of the other clans. We'll probably lose some folks and right now we don't have  good replacements, so there will be a transition. The easiest time to do it is right when the new season starts.

Anyways, any thoughts are appreciated.

I think James, Zach and Wes 2.0 should be your first additions.  Seriously, I could get you 3 new players at 250/mo. minimum that would be 44 times greater than the output those 3 have had this month.  

That 750 would have you up 4 spots to 35th place right now.

Yes I'm an asshole.

That's about the only thoughts I have about this, using it as a dump off for those underachieving, which number more than those 3 but at least the rest are actively trying.  17 points for 3 people, that is shockingly low.

Quite honestly I will probably boot whichever one is at 2 weeks without showing up. I also don't care about Wes since we weren't even the right BabaBooey clan he was trying to find. He played in the tournament though.

My approach is going to tell anyone who doesn't think they can put up 500 points in a season to switch.

Cool man, glad to have you. The other clan is BabaTwooey! I haven't made the announcement to the entire clan about it but probably will do that tonight and over the weekend. Hopefully some people are willing to jump. Working on how to sell a downgrade as an upgrade. But honestly, if we're going to be making a push for M2 and M3 then we're going to have to have some minimums that require a lot of games won in the lower tours. I think that will hopefully convince some of them to go to the other clan.

I've started the clan and spent a little time earning points (I'm still Guest4667756). Actually got one player to join. He's pretty decent but doesn't play much. So right now I'm stuck in the Rookie I promo zone and need some points to move up before Sunday evening. Right now we're about 300 points behind making it to the Rookie II promo level. I'm going to make a push, but the more help we have the better so definitely jump over there if you want and see if we can get enough points to skip Rookie I.

Cheers and welcome to the team!

5 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I’ll probably be a candidate for twooey, I’m not very good and can’t get out of my own way.

The shot guides you have have helped but I’m still pretty bad at timing etc.

Hey Trucker, I'll tell you what helped with mine, go to tour 1 and practice.  You can practice your tee shots, your chipping, all of it.  Just make sure if you aren't full on chests, that you don't win because you'll get stuck with a T1 chest that don't have shit in it.  It costs you 50 coins and 2 trophies big deal.  Hell I've worked on shots like pulling completely down to the left and releasing with the slice all the way to the right, how to position the target in order to do that and end up in the middle of the fairway.  I'm not sure if I'll ever need to use it, but if I do, I'll have a decent shot at getting a good spot out of it.  There's really only 2 holes in T1 if I remember correctly, so you can figure it out quickly.  Doing that did more for my timing than anything else.

Speedtrucker, I appreciate that. I'm not going to kick anyone out but if several people voluntarily go then it may help get some others to join as well. I know my friend bearkat is going to be in that group, talked with her about it today.

On the coins, that is a tip I gave to EMJ a long time ago. Each tour has its own level and I needed it to play Tour 10. I started doing it on T10 a couple times after losses and got $9M. Then I tried it out on T11 and got $30M. It costs several thousand gems, but it's easily the best deal for coins. I'm assuming that for about 4k gems you can get $90M in coins.

The ratio is 3x entry fee, so just go to the highest tour you have available and play. If your win, great, bonus, but if you lose you can get the coins.

I will say that this seemed to work consistently on T10 and less so on T11 recently and I just lost my money without an option to buy the $30M. That's a part of the reason I have $350M.

On 9/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, HoustonHorn said:

Speedtrucker, I appreciate that. I'm not going to kick anyone out but if several people voluntarily go then it may help get some others to join as well. I know my friend bearkat is going to be in that group, talked with her about it today.

On the coins, that is a tip I gave to EMJ a long time ago. Each tour has its own level and I needed it to play Tour 10. I started doing it on T10 a couple times after losses and got $9M. Then I tried it out on T11 and got $30M. It costs several thousand gems, but it's easily the best deal for coins. I'm assuming that for about 4k gems you can get $90M in coins.

The ratio is 3x entry fee, so just go to the highest tour you have available and play. If your win, great, bonus, but if you lose you can get the coins.

I will say that this seemed to work consistently on T10 and less so on T11 recently and I just lost my money without an option to buy the $30M. That's a part of the reason I have $350M.

I'm aware of how the coins work Boff.  What I don't know is what the buy is for a T7 loss.  If it's 1k jems for 900k coins, you're gotdamn straight I'm gonna save another 550 jems (two weeks total to get) in order to get 900k.  It seems like a big jump from 90k, that's all, that's why I was asking, to confirm that it as true.  Seriously, I'm gonna unfriend you on FB

Edited by mulletpelini
seriously not serious. It's a HS bit, learn your HS damnit!

Speed, if you are going to jump, do you mind saying in the chat that you're going to the BabaTwooey? Want people to see some people go to the new clan so isn't a big deal.

Seem to have lost one person so far. Not bad. Lax already joined.

Right now we're sitting 6th and can jump two levels up to Rookie2 instead of just one spot. But it's tenuous and we can use everyone we can there.

Thanks man!

The most important thing about gems is you don't have to wait for the chests, so I can level up a new account very quick. I got lucky to win but I had pretty good clubs EM 4, Viper5, BB6, Dart6, for less than a week of playing. And that let's you move through the tours pretty quick. I'm now than halfway through closing out T6.

Helps to win most of your matches, but if you know the ring method that's pretty easy through T6.