Golf Clash

Fudbelty

2 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

There’s one hole on tier 2 where you shoot at a wall of trees. That one is the only one I’ve won without a shootout

If the one you're talking about has the big drop-off  straight to the green after the trees, that's one that makes or breaks any tournament it's in

I'm in SPARTANS~B.  Got recruited by the LeBron James of the team, he's damn good, pretty much carries the team, goes by Veer.  Played against him in a tournament and he beat me but it was damn close so he asked me to join.  We've coasted through every level so far winning every level until we just got into Master 1.  Now things have gotten a little more competitive.  There's two teams that have already doubled our score but we've been hanging around 5,6,7 so my guess is we'll probably come in 3rd when all is done.  I'm just a support player though, enjoying the ride of getting better payouts from the chests.  I'll never have the time to dedicate to play/watch videos to get as good as some of these guys.  I've played in tour 6 but just don't have the bankroll to keep playing in it.  I'm pretty much stuck in tour 4 which sucks because I'm never going to get a bigger wallet playing it.  Tour 5 I'll win one then lose one so it's almost not even worth playing it.  It's a cool time killer though, waiting in line somewhere, at the store, whenever I've got 6 minutes to play a match.

I'm sure I'd learn from the videos, but I've been mostly just playing by feel and that's probably why I'm stuck where I am.

I go by Denny Danny if you ever see me on, hit me up for a game.

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I'm in SPARTANS~B.  Got recruited by the LeBron James of the team, he's damn good, pretty much carries the team, goes by Veer.  Played against him in a tournament and he beat me but it was damn close so he asked me to join.  We've coasted through every level so far winning every level until we just got into Master 1.  Now things have gotten a little more competitive.  There's two teams that have already doubled our score but we've been hanging around 5,6,7 so my guess is we'll probably come in 3rd when all is done.  I'm just a support player though, enjoying the ride of getting better payouts from the chests.  I'll never have the time to dedicate to play/watch videos to get as good as some of these guys.  I've played in tour 6 but just don't have the bankroll to keep playing in it.  I'm pretty much stuck in tour 4 which sucks because I'm never going to get a bigger wallet playing it.  Tour 5 I'll win one then lose one so it's almost not even worth playing it.  It's a cool time killer though, waiting in line somewhere, at the store, whenever I've got 6 minutes to play a match.

I'm sure I'd learn from the videos, but I've been mostly just playing by feel and that's probably why I'm stuck where I am.

I go by Denny Danny if you ever see me on, hit me up for a game.

We're currently in 3rd in Expert II. Fud has been a huge help with over 1k so far. We won't catch 2nd, but we can hopefully hang on to 3rd. Will have to add people and/or poach some active players from other teams to go too much further I'm afraid. We have 5-6 pretty active players (I'm 2 of them with my main account being the primary reason we've made it as far as we have.) I'd like to make a push to Master I, but don't think we have enough to go further than that.

Trying out Expert in the 9-hole tournament. Tried a couple times before and never made the weekend, but I'm in T10 now so I know the Oasis course really well. 9 is really the only hole that might keep me from shooting -12 or better. That hole is easier now that I can use a Guardian (as opposed to Tour play where I need to have a Sniper for the shootouts). But that drive is still a challenge and I am still underpowered with an Apoc 4.

Not many good chances at extra drops, so if I can get one or two in each round I have a chance to make the weekend and have a chance for a pretty decent finish. Need to play ok in the Opening Round though. I'm guessing a -12 will get through in the Opening and that's what I shot in the qualifier, finished 5th. A -13 Opening Round, -14 Weekend over the next two rounds would be ideal and really the best I could hope for without spending more time trying to dial in a few of the shots.

It's kind of amazing the difference in mindset between 1v1 and tournaments. I like both for different reasons.

Definitely an addictive game though.

I keep expecting someone to pass me but it doesn’t look like it’s happening. If you think you can put 8k you need to come with me to our next C100 push. It’s fun at the end when everyone is grinding.

What’s crazy is one season we needed 425k to get bumped then this passed one I want to say it was only 320k. The different brackets can be crazy. My main main group is pushing top 3 in C100. Clashholes.

26 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

I keep expecting someone to pass me but it doesn’t look like it’s happening. If you think you can put 8k you need to come with me to our next C100 push. It’s fun at the end when everyone is grinding.

What’s crazy is one season we needed 425k to get bumped then this passed one I want to say it was only 320k. The different brackets can be crazy. My main main group is pushing top 3 in C100. Clashholes.

You talking about someone on our team passing you? That isn't going to happen. Although Sam and Nestor have been good recent additions. Zach apparently only plays T1 or T2, so even if he played 24 hours per day for the entire season he isn't going to be able to generate what I can in a day.

I've completely dragged that team along with me to Expert II. Until last season we didn't have anyone else playing except for me and EMJ. The two guys with 0 points maybe have 100 points between them the last four or five seasons. He really should boot them.

I have gotten 8k with the main account a couple seasons ago, then 6500 then 6000 last season and I'll probably beat that this season. The second account HHII  has gotten more than a thousand the last couple seasons. I actually can't play it right now because it is about to get promoted to expert and I want to keep it in Pro so I don't look like a douche playing rookie tournaments. But the clubs are weak. I just got EM 6 a couple days ago and it has a Sniper 6 so I'm still playing with a Big Dawg because I can't reach Par 5s. I built up the main account quickly because I put a fair amount of money in it. I don't spend anything (other than this week by mistake when I bought the ball pack that I meant to buy for the main account) on the second account so I can't open the chests quickly, so why play with that account?

On the plus side, when I accidentally bought the ball pack, the chest had the Apoc in it and the cards to upgrade my EM, so I decided to keep it instead of requesting a refund from PD. Oh well.

Anyways, I've been >7k for 3 or 4 seasons now between the two and greater than 8k once.

I don't know if I want to do any more than that and I don't want to be a "minimum" guy either. Unfortunately work doesn't allow for long grind sessions. I have to play a few games a few times per day when I get a chance and then I try to play for an hour or so at night. Work is getting crazier and the schedule is always different so its hard to commit to something. But keep me updated, if the timing works out I might be able to help out.

So Clashholes are in M2 right now trying to move up to C100?

How does that work as far as adding players? Seems like the people who work their ass off to get to the C100 would stick around for the reward of being in C100 and trying to stay there.

Nobody's beating Rebel Outlaws for a while though. It hasn't been close for the last several seasons. I'm guessing they have multiple people playing accounts - no way they can do that consistently. I'd much prefer to be a part of a "clean" team than pay 4 play/multiple accounts/etc. I don't care about all that stuff too much since we're such a small team, but it would annoy me if I was on a team doing it right and saw other teams doing that stuff.

I don't even know how all the teams are intertwined. 19th Family is pretty easy to figure out, same with WPFL. And I know other teams have "joined" together, but I don't run in those circles.

I said holes but meant Clashaholicz. They’re currently #3. Basically we have three or four clans that were all struggling to make c100. So we joined up and people just move around based on what they think they’ll do for the next season. We always have at least one clan in Master 2. We’ll get a clan in to c100 then move over to the the clan in ‘Masters the next season, bump them to c100, while the first clan is just waiting to get relegated. It’s easier to get I. C100 than to stay there. Then we also get different groups the centurion balls.

8 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I'm at 627 now.  I have no idea the amount of time you fuckers must have dedicated to this game

Finally closed out Tour 10. I hate so many of the holes on that Tour. Nordic Fjords is garbage. Not sure I'm ready for T11, but will probably just drop back to T8 or T9 for a while. Getting close to an Apoc5 and Cat6 which will both be helpful in T11 since I believe it moves to the back tees. I'm at 4,170 trophies which is the first 10 tours closed out.

I play more than I should, for sure, but there are some crazy mfers who have 10s of thousands of matches. I have about 6,000 between my two accounts. I saw one the other day that was 78k. I doubt they are the highest. At 5 mins/match, that is literally 270 days of playing. Tough to imagine.

If anyone reading this is looking to join a clan, we're Expert II and will move up to Expert III but we need players to go much further. Low pressure, no minimums, just play when you can and try to play in tournaments if possible. Clan is Bababooey!

Just signed up today.  I have a few buddies that have been playing for years so I finally broke down.

Is it worth it to upgrade early clubs or should I hang on to the coins?  I've got enough cards to upgrade The Dart, but didn't know if that was good value or not this early on.

3 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

You’ll win enough and earn enough as you go. If you have FB add your buddies and they can send you coins daily. Also there’s a vs mode for friends that goes up to 3k max but they can throw you coins that way as well.

holy shit, we can send coins through FB? I need to help some people out on our team. I have 300M right now. I will need all of it for T11, but I have a ton of the jewels so I can buy some 3x coin packages if I need to from T11 (and hopefuly T12 if I can open it up.

F. Just typed out a long post on club upgrades and hit some combo of buttons that closed Firefox and completely lost it.

Abbreviated version

Driver - EM is king until you get Apoc 4 or Thor's Hammer 5. Even then it will probably be your main driver until Apoc 5 or TH 6. Big Topper, Rock, and QB are worth upgrading as well for certain shots in tournaments but won't get much, if any, use in 1 v 1.

Wood - Big Dawg will be the most useful until you get the Sniper to level 6 or 7. It has the distance you need, despite the terrible Ball Guide. You won't hole out many shots with it, but you'll have the distance to reach Par 5s. The Viper is your second choice early on and should also be upgraded. Once the Sniper gets to 170 yards (Level 7 I think) it will be your primary wood in about 95% of cases until you get the Cat upgraded to level 6 plus and you're playing T11. The Guardian is worth upgrading a little, as is the Horizon for specific tournament uses (Backspin for the Guardian, Distance/Ball Guide for the Horizon). But you won't use them other than that for the most part and even at level 3 or so they are good enough until you have enough coins to upgrade more. I wouldn't spend valuable coins on  the others early on.

Long Iron - The Backbone will likely upgrade the fastest and is a decent club. The Grim Reaper is decent if you get it early and better than the BB unless you need a better ball guide for tournaments. Upgrade the Goliath and Grizzly as you will switch to one or both of them once they reach Level 6 or 7. Saturn is supposed to be good, but I've never played it. I guess if you get a lot of Saturn cards then its worth upgrading. The rest are either useless or very long term, e.g., Tsunami/B-52.

Short Iron - The Thorn. That's it. The only other one worth upgrading is the Hornet in case you need a little more topspin for rough bumps which are mostly tournaments or occasionally in 1v1. Not worth taking over the Thorn, though. I wouldn't upgrade the others at all. The Falcon becomes a great club much later on.

Wedge - The dart is worth upgrading a little if its all you have - . If you get the Firefly, switch to that, much better topspin and ball guide and accuracy. Upgrade the Rapier and the Endbringer. These will be your wedges - the Endbringer is one of the best clubs in the game at level 5, but the Rapier will upgrade faster and is also a really great option. NEVER EVER EVER use the Down in One. Worst club in the game, bar none and I laugh when I see people using it. The key to chipping with a wedge is to get it on the ground and running towards the hole to minimize the wind. The most important factors are Accuracy, Ball Guide, and Topspin.

Rough Iron - just don't hit it in the rough because they are all garbage until you get to the Nirvana which will change the game for you. I use the Machete on my baby account for distance and backspin but I hate it. I have a maxed out Nirvana on my main account and its an excellent short iron and long iron all in one and from the rough. Great great club - Along with the Apoc/TH/Endbringer it is in the discussion for best club in the game.

Sand Iron - Kind of like the Rough. Avoid it. But the Malibu is an excellent option once it gets to level 3 and you'll probably use it exclusively after that until you can upgrade to a level 4 Spitfire. The Sand Lizard is serviceable. The rest aren't worth upgrading. The Houdini is tempting, but really isn't that good.

As a suggestion, i would stick with the basic ball exclusively through Tour 6. It will really  help  you develop a sense of how to play and target placement. That may cost you games early on but will pay dividends later on. I wouldn't use more than a Marlin through T7. Its too easy to become dependent on the ball spin instead of learning how to use the course contours and curl to control your shots. I've seen people in T10 playing with a basic ball, so it can be done.

Finally, learn the ring system now, while you're starting. It will be painful, but with some practice you will get better and it will become second nature. It is much easier to learn on the first few tours than later on (trust me - I didn't learn until Tour 8). It is so superior to guessing and you really won't be competitive in tournaments without it.

Search Golf Clash Notebook - it is a great resource. Also on your phone/tablet, get the Golf Clash Notebook app - it quickly calculates the ring adjustments and its only a few dollars.

Search Erelic Ring method on YouTube and watch his tutorial.

If you start playing tournaments, there are a lot of different streamers and some of them put out guides.

My clan is Bababooey!

Right now Fud is on the team as well - at least for the time being. Low pressure, no minimums, etc. Just looking for somewhat active players.

Good Luck.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

NEVER EVER EVER use the Down in One. Worst club in the game, bar none and I laugh when I see people using it. The key to chipping with a wedge is to get it on the ground and running towards the hole to minimize the wind. The most important factors are Accuracy, Ball Guide, and Topspin.

This was surprising.  I personally suck at using it, but then again, I just suck at the game.  I've gotten burned so many times though by people holing out using this damn thing that I was very surprised to see you write that.

I like the accuracy of the QB driving and use it in most situations.  Kinda like winning the turnover battle in football, whomever hits the ball in the rough off the drive of a P4 or P5, is probably going to lose.

Good stuff though, thank you for that, I know it probably took a long time to write (twice)

I'm sure people can hole out with it early on. Players aren't used to a ball guideline in the early stages and the wind is almost nothing.

But chipping is king once you start moving up and having top spin and being able to see where the ball is going its the most important thing once you get to tour 8+.

Keeping it in the fairway is very important early in because the rough clubs completely suck. The Nirvana changes that and the distance becomes more important because the players mostly hit the fairway and you won't be able to compete on the longer holes in later tours. I try not to use over power much to make sure I hit the fairway. A big part of that is also understanding how much you need to adjust for wind. Even if you don't use the ring method, knowing how many rings to move the target still let's you be quite accurate and know where you can miss it.

6 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Apparently as of tonight I'm president of our team. That was completely unexpected. Anyways, if anyone is interested in a fun, low pressure team hit me up.

I'm down. I've been in one group for almost 2 years now and wouldn't mind a change. Is there a way to find your group?

So I've maxed out Tour 1 already and have a few wins in Tour 3.  I got The Horizon in a random chest and The Big Dawg and prefer Horizon so far because of the much better Ball Guide, but I assume the distance will become more important as I get a better feel for how the ball is going to roll out.  I still don't have any options for a long iron and really am hoping I get one in a chest soon.  I need to do a little research on shaping the ball and plan on watching a few youtube videos today on that.  FML

1 hour ago, BayouBill said:

Nvm I found your clan. Just joined.

Welcome man. Kind of crazy the President just made me Pres last night. Completely unexpected. I joined that clan shortly after I started because he sent me an invite and we had played a couple fun matches. Other than that I don't really know him. I think he has a new baby and I think he doesn't want to have any "management" responsibilities for a larger team. I don't plan on changing much and there isn't much in the way of managing things. But I feel kind of bad that maybe he felt obligated to give up "his" team simply because I play a lot more and have been trying to get more players on the team. So we'll see. 

As an FYI for everyone, I set up houstonhorngc@gmail.com as a contact, so if anyone is interested in joining let me know. Clan is Bababooey! If he's cool with it, I might change the name to Hook This or something if we end up with a lot of Surlyites (Surleans?) on the team.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

So I've maxed out Tour 1 already and have a few wins in Tour 3.  I got The Horizon in a random chest and The Big Dawg and prefer Horizon so far because of the much better Ball Guide, but I assume the distance will become more important as I get a better feel for how the ball is going to roll out.  I still don't have any options for a long iron and really am hoping I get one in a chest soon.  I need to do a little research on shaping the ball and plan on watching a few youtube videos today on that.  FML

Horizon gets a bad rap, and certainly isn't a long term solution, but as an early club its fine. Ball guide is nice. The BD guide is brutal although you start getting better at estimating distances and spins. The problem is you can almost never hole anything out because the guide is so short of where the ball is actually going to end up.

12 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

I just joined bababooey!

Not the greatest and starting to struggle a little bit due to shootouts, I keep getting pipped these last days worth of rounds

Hers what I’m currently rocking... I just unlocked the firefly but I’m hoping to upgrade it before arming it

84e88327b16d0035a2998352fd59f4f3.jpg

I go through periods like that where I cant buy a win...it sucks. 

I've been up and down all over the place this tournament. Should be fine to qualify for the weekend but damn it's been a grind.

I'm very streaky. It's frustrating because sometimes its because I'm playing bad, but other times its like I just run into bad luck and I'll be playing great, hit it within a couple yards on the shootouts and still lose. Yesterday I just played horrendous. Hopefully today is better because I'm going to try and get to the weekend rounds. I don't anticipate an issue really, but always nice to have a good opening round so you have the tiebreaker on the weekend. Tournament play is so different than 1v1. A single extra drop can make a huge difference in your position, especially if you're in a big group.

I approach tournaments with the mindset that "Par" is -24 for 18 holes. Every hole should be a birdie and every par 5 should be an eagle (with the odd exception - I'm looking at you City Park) where the par 5 isn't reachable in 2. You'll find, at least in the weekend round that is typically the largest group of scores. There's a ton of good players and alot of them finish around -22 to -24.

So if you can get to under par (-25 or better), you have a good chance of finishing pretty high. Get several under par and you have a chance at top 10 or a banner. For this tournament, I think most golds in Pro will be -28 to -30. The par 4s are all really good chances to make eagle. The par 3s are tough, but the par 5s are all reachable and all have Albatross possibilities. Expert will be -30 to -33 and Master will be -34 or better. That's all a guess on my part and certainly it will depend on the group you are in.

I'm still playing pro in most tournaments with my main account because I'm still not consistent enough adjusting for the wind and hitting perfect to get a lot of extra drops. I'm usually very very close, but just miss on most of them. So my goal for this tournament is -28 and I'll be disappointed if I don't get to -26. That's one or two drops per side to get an extra eagle. I left 4 shots literally on the edge of the hole in the qualifier and didn't get anything to go in. So I ended up at -12 which was disappointing. Just one of those on each 9 holes would get a -26 and 2 on each side would get a -28. I had a -14 on my alt account in the qualifier, so hopefully I can repeat that again in the opening round and final round. That would likely be a banner finish with a chance at 1st. If I can get to -26 or better on either account I'll be happy with the results.

The people who do well spend quite a bit of time really dialing in the shots to get those extra few eagles/albatrosses. They also hit perfect ALOT, especially on the shots that matter. There are a lot of resources on YouTube/Facebook to help, but it only identifies a good way to approach a hole to get into position to have a really good shot at the drop. You still have to execute it flawlessly to make it happen, and that is tough when you are talking about making ring adjustments to 0.1 and whether the wind is at 12:01 vs 11:59 when you pull the target to make the adjustment. It is crazy exact.

If you want to see some good stuff, watch Fenzl, Damien GC, Dmac, or GC Tommy on YouTube. They have great walkthroughs and watching them play the tournaments is crazy because they routinely shoot -30 to -36 even in Master with the high winds. Ian Ballinger is also really good but less consistent - he shot a -38 I think a few tournaments back on a live stream. Occasionally someone will shoot a -40 which is basically an eagle on every hole with albatross on 4 of the 6 par 5s. Theoretically, -42 is the best round possible since the courses are set up with 3 par 3s, 3 par 4s, and 3 par 5s. But occasionally there are driveable par 4s that could be an Albatross as well. Toast of Golf Clash is very good for Rookie and Pro although a little quirky. Graham is a great player but an angry person so he's always ranting and certainly isn't for everyone. I randomly check the global rankings and Graham was No.2. One of Damien GCs accounts was number 3. I'm pretty sure I've seen Fenzl up there as well. For reference, I closed out Tour 10 and had 4,170 points and was ranked about 12,000. There's a lot of really, really good players out there.

That's insane. 

I got a Backbone and have it up to lvl 3, so my only glaring hole right now is Driver.  Until I get The Extra Mile, I think I'm going to have a really hard time winning 1 v 1 on Tour 4.  I got lucky this morning and matched up with someone on a tour 4 match who still had the beginner wood on a long par 5 and won that one on a chip in.  I've upgraded my big dawg to lvl 3 and it's pretty essential on the long holes for me because the Rocket is clownshoes.

I'll probably hang on to the clan I'm in for a bit and reap the benefits of Master II that we're about to move into.  Lord knows I don't belong with this group so I'll stick around as long as I can.  Mostly trying to build my club arsenal there's still a few I don't have and a few I'd like to build up a little higher.  Once he gets enough prime time players though, I'll probably get kicked and then I'll join up with you all.  I've contemplated a few times restarting with a new acct. knowing what I know now about the game I could do better quicker, but I don't know if it would ultimately help as it seems once I get up over 700 I'm getting beat pretty consistently by peer players at that level.  Probably the only way I would ever get past it would be to study the videos that you mentioned and honestly I just don't have the time to invest in that right now.  I think I'm up around 700 again, time to take my whuppins

Edited by mulletpelini
pier fishing peer golfing

On 7/25/2020 at 5:19 PM, mulletpelini said:

I'll probably hang on to the clan I'm in for a bit and reap the benefits of Master II that we're about to move into.  Lord knows I don't belong with this group so I'll stick around as long as I can.  Mostly trying to build my club arsenal there's still a few I don't have and a few I'd like to build up a little higher.  Once he gets enough prime time players though, I'll probably get kicked and then I'll join up with you all.  I've contemplated a few times restarting with a new acct. knowing what I know now about the game I could do better quicker, but I don't know if it would ultimately help as it seems once I get up over 700 I'm getting beat pretty consistently by peer players at that level.  Probably the only way I would ever get past it would be to study the videos that you mentioned and honestly I just don't have the time to invest in that right now.  I think I'm up around 700 again, time to take my whuppins

Mullet - wrote this last week, but thought it was lost. Was going to post something else and my this post showed up.

Seems like 700 was an initial barrier for my first account as well. We're currently in 3rd in Expert II so should move up to Expert III next week. Will be interesting to see if we have enough to get to Master I. Not sure what the points look like. We have plenty of room so happy have you if it works out. The delta once we move to Expert III and Master I is the 5th bag and 5 or 10% more gems - not a huge difference. You still get +3 trophies for each win.

At 700 points you're probably playing Tour 6/7. That's when the winds start getting high enough that it pays to start understanding the wind adjustments, especially for shootouts. If you don't mind spending a few bucks, the Golf Clash Notebook app is the biggest thing you can do to improve your game, period. Its not even really close, other than being more consistent hitting perfect.

Even if you don't end up learning the ring method (which I highly suggest as well and is quickly becoming a necessity in tournaments), and simply eyeball it, at the very least you know how much to move the target based on the amount of wind. As clubs change accuracy with upgrades, the adjustment for wind also changes. And there's just too many combinations to remember. Once you get your clubs mostly upgraded, they don't change very often so you start to learn generally what the adjustment is. I know its about 2.2 mph/ring for an EM8 (although I now have an EM 9 which I barely use since I got my TH 6). So if the wind is 6.6, I would adjust 3 rings. But its very different for each club and since you are in the middle of upgrading your clubs - assuming most are in the 4-7 range, the upgrades still come relatively quickly. So its nearly impossible to remember each adjustment. This is a killer when you play shootouts on higher tours because you won't win those consistently unless you get within 3 yards and 2 is ideal. If the wind is less than 5mph, it may not make a big difference, if the wind is 10mph, its a huge difference and the margin of error on a "guesstimate" is going to make you inconsistent on shootouts. If you guess right and hit a good shot, you'll probably win. But if you take out the guesswork, then it comes down to simply hitting "Perfect".

I've got a lot of issues with Golf Clash/PlayDemic, but one thing they did absolutely right is make it easy to be a good to very good player and be competitive in 1v1. Then you get to a shootout, or you are in tournaments, and you find out that there are literally hundreds of thousands of players just as good as you are. If you're in a shootout and somebody rotates the screen to make the full wind adjustment, and you aren't doing that, you are at a huge disadvantage. You may not see it a ton in the tours you are playing now, but you'll start seeing it soon enough and its alot easier to learn when the adjustment is 1-5 rings than when its 7+ and especially anything 10+ (which it will be a lot with the Sniper) which you'll start seeing regularly in T8+.

So we're moving up to Expert III this week. We're going to need more players if we're going to keep moving up so anyone interested in joining is welcome. Newcomers and experienced players alike.

Relatively active clan and I'm trying to consolidate information I come across that's helpful so if you're relatively new then there's a resource to learn the game and provide tournament guides.

Clan is Bababooey!

Just say you're from the internets.

The only rules are don't be a "You're good" spammer in matches and don't use the Down in One as your wedge.

Edited by HoustonHorn

We were in contention but fell off from moving to Master II.  We seem to be stuck at 30 active players, a lot of recruiting but no one is jumping on, which is a bit surprising to me.

The last part of this week has been interesting, all of a sudden, I'm playing better.  I'm up around mid 850's and holding and if I really put the time in today, I could probably make the jump to Expert as I'm only about 100k outside of current qualifying.  I'll take the late boost of confidence into next weeks contention and see if I can't get a better start out of the gate.  Last weeks start was abysmal.

My method on upgrading clubs from the start was to focus primarily on the ones that were most accurate.  I've got several clubs that I've never upgraded once as I cannot see a possibility of them ever becoming better than what I already have.  I could be wrong on that, but based on what you wrote up stream about what clubs you primarily used, I'm pretty close to what you laid out as the most important clubs.  Except for the down in one, which I was surprised by considering the number of times I've been holed out by that damn thing.  Endbringer is the poon though, had been using it for quite a while.

The wind challenges are definitely becoming more influential to the shots on tour 6 which is where I'm primarily playing now, mixed in with some tour 5 since they've uploaded new holes onto it for the tournament.  For now, I've been bending the shots at the tee to counteract the wind and so far it's been working.  We'll see how it plays out, wouldn't be the worst education to have and could become an advantage who knows. 

It seems like most players are only using the free ball as opposed to the gem purchased.  If they're not buying balls with gems, what are they using the gems for?  To me it seems worth the extra directional control, especially in a shootout, and potential distance from using them.  Perhaps someone could enlighten me if that's not the case, or to what exactly gems are being used for?

I'll see how the first week of the new season goes in this clan and if it doesn't start off well, I'll probably make the jump.  I'm probably good for 750k-1k / month if you're ok with that.

Edited by mulletpelini
balls

22 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

We were in contention but fell off from moving to Master II.  We seem to be stuck at 30 active players, a lot of recruiting but no one is jumping on, which is a bit surprising to me.

The last part of this week has been interesting, all of a sudden, I'm playing better.  I'm up around mid 850's and holding and if I really put the time in today, I could probably make the jump to Expert as I'm only about 100k outside of current qualifying.  I'll take the late boost of confidence into next weeks contention and see if I can't get a better start out of the gate.  Last weeks start was abysmal.

My method on upgrading clubs from the start was to focus primarily on the ones that were most accurate.  I've got several clubs that I've never upgraded once as I cannot see a possibility of them ever becoming better than what I already have.  I could be wrong on that, but based on what you wrote up stream about what clubs you primarily used, I'm pretty close to what you laid out as the most important clubs.  Except for the down in one, which I was surprised by considering the number of times I've been holed out by that damn thing.  Endbringer is the poon though, had been using it for quite a while.

The wind challenges are definitely becoming more influential to the shots on tour 6 which is where I'm primarily playing now, mixed in with some tour 5 since they've uploaded new holes onto it for the tournament.  For now, I've been bending the shots at the tee to counteract the wind and so far it's been working.  We'll see how it plays out, wouldn't be the worst education to have and could become an advantage who knows. 

It seems like most players are only using the free ball as opposed to the gem purchased.  If they're not buying balls with gems, what are they using the gems for?  To me it seems worth the extra directional control, especially in a shootout, and potential distance from using them.  Perhaps someone could enlighten me if that's not the case, or to what exactly gems are being used for?

I'll see how the first week of the new season goes in this clan and if it doesn't start off well, I'll probably make the jump.  I'm probably good for 750k-1k / month if you're ok with that.

Everyone makes a push at the end, so unless you have a big team willing to do the same, that final week is tough.

I have 9 clubs in my baby account that need to be upgraded (some of them probably could upgrade multiple times) because there's no use. I know what I'm using and will continue to use so no reason to waste money right now. Coins are king early on when you have a limited bankroll. The Down in One is fine at the beginning because none of the other clubs have a developed ball guide, so there's not a big difference and it is very accurate. The problem comes up when you get to Tour 6+ when the wind starts picking up and you still have no ball guide it becomes a complete guess on distance and aim. The best way to minimize wind impact on chips is to get it on the ground and get it rolling. You have to be able to judge the time in the air and guess the impact that will have on the ball before it starts rolling and also know the distance it will roll out.

The EB is great because there are guides on YouTube that show how to use it. Jared A and Iceman both have Endbringer videos to show how to use it and it has awesome accuracy (especially as you move up a couple levels) which increases the odds of it going in  even if you don't hit perfect. Check them out, the EB is a great great club.

Definitely learning to play by feel (not using the ring method) and how curl works is a huge learning experience that pays off. I used the basic ball on both accounts through T5 exclusively and still use it most of the time on T6 and T7 on my baby account.

They use the gems to open up chests faster to get upgrades. I've spent a lot getting gems so I could do that, which is why my main account has pretty high clubs (all basic clubs maxed out, most rare either maxed out or at Level 8 with just a few hundred left to max out, and most Epics at Level 5 or 6). That's with less than 6000 games, but its been costly. I don't really spend money on my baby account and waiting for chests is a real pain in the ass and you end up playing a lot of games where you win, but don't get a chest because its full.

In any event, sounds like you are on the right track and continuing to improve. I definitely suggest that as you get more into T6 and T7, that you start learning the ring system for wind adjustments. It becomes increasingly important as the wind gets higher and the players improve. You'll find that winning shootouts requires a lot of precision and "guessing" means you are at an immediate disadvantage in the shootout. You can still do well playing by feel, but its just much more difficult. Plus the winds in the lower tours let you get used to making "easy" adjustments compared to the higher winds which become more difficult. For instance, there are 10 rings, so if you are using a Sniper and the wind is 12mph, you may have to adjust 14 rings or so, which means adjusting the ring twice. The time is already tight so unless you are practiced at it, it becomes difficult. It also becomes more likely you'll hit the max/min lines and/or jump to different clubs without meaning to.

You are welcome to join the team and it would be a huge help in getting to Masters. I'm also assembling a lot of information (how to guides, videos, shootout holes, tournament guides, streamers, etc) from a variety of sources and make that available to anyone on the team.

Dumb question - so you run the Golf Clash Notebook on a different device than what you are playing on and refer to the wind adjustments in real time?  I'm getting to the point where I get my ass kicked in shootouts because I'm trying to adjust for the wind by feel - seems like I'd be real short on time trying to input the wind into the Wind Assist on the notebook app during a match.

13 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Without a wall of text, which clubs should I be focusing on?

As a beginner because I’m still struggling with coins.

Here is my setup currently.

0e59e62f69e7c4940d3996ef8a8e5c17.jpg

I'm no expert so anyone feel free to chime in but the only club I'd spend money on in that bag is the extra mile.   I used the viper a long time until I had enough money to upgrade the sniper to level 6.  I use the QB driver a lot because it is so accurate.  

Main bag is:

Driver: QB

Wood:  The Sniper

Liron: The Backbone

Siron: The Hornet

Wedge: Endbringer

Riron: Razor

SW: The Malibu

I never touched the Horizon or Guardian

Goliath, Saturn

Apache, Runner, Thorn, Claw

Firefly, Boomerang, Skewer

Roughcutter, Offroader

Castaway, Desert Storm, Sahara, Houdini

Ones I built up early, but no longer use

Driver: The Rocket

Wood: The Viper

LI: Grim Reaper

SI: Kingfisher

W: The Dart and Down in1

RI: The Machete (Loved that club, great backspin, just not a ton of distance and accuracy)

Again, I am no expert, literally (will be next week though) so anyone feel free to edit me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Without a wall of text, which clubs should I be focusing on?

As a beginner because I’m still struggling with coins.

Here is my setup currently.

0e59e62f69e7c4940d3996ef8a8e5c17.jpg

DRIVERS

The EM will continue to be your main driver due to its distance. The accuracy sucks, but get better at hitting perfect. Also, there are likely very few times you'll actually need Overpower, so unless you need it, don't use it and you'll find that you're more consistent hitting Perfect.

Keep upgrading the QB as well as it has some definite uses. The others can be slow played. The Big Topper has some very specific uses in tournaments and is very helpful in those cases. In the Highlands tournament a lot of people are using it on Hole 8. Up for you to decide if its worth it.

WOODS

There are three main woods you need to upgrade - The Viper, The Sniper, and the Big Dawg. You will primarily use the BD because of the distance needed to reach par 5s. So get good with it because the lack of BG sucks and takes practice. The Viper should be your second option if you are playing a hole where you can reach it in 2 without the BD. The sniper lacks so much distance at first it really only becomes viable at Lvl 6+ but should be upgraded and used as soon as possible over the Viper. It will be your main wood for a long time.

One strategy for something like the Sniper is to not upgrade until you can get it to a higher level (5 or 6) when you hopefully have a better bankroll. But that carries risks because you will be paying for all the upgrades at once and that may be prohibitive if you are short on coins.

LONG IRON

It kind of depends on what becomes available. I used the Backbone almost exclusively in my  main account because it upgraded early and often. On my second account I was able to get a lot of Grim Reaper cards early and used it for a while and just switched to a BB mostly because of the TS for rough bump shots. If you are getting a lot more Saturns than BB, they are interchangeable. I'd go with whichever you pick first and not worry about the other one. You'll stall out on the Grim Reaper because its an Epic and you won't get cards that often. Probably at level 4 or 5 and the BB or Saturn will quickly become the go to.

As far as a little longer term, The Goliath is nice because it is longer and bridges the "gap" that can occur if you are using a shorter long iron. But it really is tough to use until about level 6 or 7. The Grizzly is very nice for the ball guide.

SHORT IRON

Thorn. You can approximate with the Hornet if you are getting more cards for it than the Thorn, and the Hornet does have more Topspin for rough bumps in tournaments. But all things being equal, the Thorn is the better club. I know the accuracy isn't as good, but honestly that only matters if you don't hit perfect and with a short iron, the ball isn't going in if you don't hit it perfect (assuming you are set up properly and adjust correctly). If you don't do those things, not hitting perfect is going be a crapshoot as to whether it goes in no matter what club and what accuracy. Nearly everyone plays the Thorn until they switch to the Falcon way down the line.

WEDGE

Its the Endbringer and everything else is fighting for 2nd. The Firefly is a good option early on if you get the cards - I'm still using it in my little account at Level 4 and it has a great ball guide and topspin which is what you want on chips. I will switch to EB when it gets to level 3 or 4. In the meantime, the Rapier will upgrade faster and is a really good option once the Firefly stalls out as far as upgrades since it is an Epic. But honestly, the FF is good enough until you get the EB leveled up some imo. I wouldn't upgrade anything else.

ROUGH IRON

Go for distance. You aren't likely to knock it in with a rough iron and even on chips its a crapshoot because the needle speed is higher. And you are most likely going to need the distance if you hit in the rough off the tee in order to stay in the hole. I used the Machete but hated it and hated that I didn't have a better option.

Razor, Off Roader are good options at low levels to get distance. The Nirvana is a top 5 club in the game and you should switch to it as soon as you get it.

SAND WEDGE

Malibu and Spitfire. You'll use the Malibu for quite a while until the Spitfire gets to level 4 (when if finally has some backspin). Then the Spitfire because it has more distance, which again will keep you in holes if you hit in the bunker off the tee. Spitfire is a great club.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Dumb question - so you run the Golf Clash Notebook on a different device than what you are playing on and refer to the wind adjustments in real time?  I'm getting to the point where I get my ass kicked in shootouts because I'm trying to adjust for the wind by feel - seems like I'd be real short on time trying to input the wind into the Wind Assist on the notebook app during a match.

Not necessarily. I have Android so it just runs as an overlay. I believe if you are playing with an iPad you can do the same thing. On an iPhone, I think it doesn't allow the overlay so that may be an issue (or an opportunity to buy an iPad). I did hear that the new iOS will allow overlays on phones though, but I don't know when that is released.

6 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I'm no expert so anyone feel free to chime in but the only club I'd spend money on in that bag is the extra mile.   I used the viper a long time until I had enough money to upgrade the sniper to level 6.  I use the QB driver a lot because it is so accurate.  

Main bag is:

Driver: QB

Wood:  The Sniper

Liron: The Backbone

Siron: The Hornet

Wedge: Endbringer

Riron: Razor

SW: The Malibu

I never touched the Horizon or Guardian

Goliath, Saturn

Apache, Runner, Thorn, Claw

Firefly, Boomerang, Skewer

Roughcutter, Offroader

Castaway, Desert Storm, Sahara, Houdini

Ones I built up early, but no longer use

Driver: The Rocket

Wood: The Viper

LI: Grim Reaper

SI: Kingfisher

W: The Dart and Down in1

RI: The Machete (Loved that club, great backspin, just not a ton of distance and accuracy)

Again, I am no expert, literally (will be next week though) so anyone feel free to edit me.

Pretty solid list. A lot of the decisions rest on which club cards you are getting. The Hornet is fine for a short iron compared to the Thorn, but eventually you'll move to the Thorn. The Firefly is a very good club for chipping and if you get cards is definitely a good go between from the Dart to the EndBringer.

Horizon and Guardian both can be extremely useful in tournaments.

Goliath is a great club because of the distance. There can be a gap between your wood and your shorter Long Iron which makes it difficult to hit shots because neither club hits it into that "red" zone. The Goliath solves that issue. Its really between it and the Grizzly for longer term use. I have been using the  Goliath for a long time now. About to switch to the Grizzly for the ball guide. My B52 is getting leveled up pretty nicely on my main account and that will take over eventually.

4 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

One strategy for something like the Sniper is to not upgrade until you can get it to a higher level (5 or 6) when you hopefully have a better bankroll. But that carries risks because you will be paying for all the upgrades at once and that may be prohibitive if you are short on coins.

This.  Can't remember for sure but to upgrade that mother to a point where it becomes more competitive runs between 100-150k?  Maybe more.

HH, am I mistaken to think that the more accurate the club, the slower the accuracy meter moves?  That's the main reason I've been picking the most accurate clubs from the start as I've gotten to learn the game, to try and eliminate that variable from the equation in taking shots and staying on the fairway with the highest % possible.  If that's incorrect, I'll be making some changes in my bag for distance that I'm sacrificing for accuracy.

This.  Can't remember for sure but to upgrade that mother to a point where it becomes more competitive runs between 100-150k?  Maybe more.
HH, am I mistaken to think that the more accurate the club, the slower the accuracy meter moves?  That's the main reason I've been picking the most accurate clubs from the start as I've gotten to learn the game, to try and eliminate that variable from the equation in taking shots and staying on the fairway with the highest % possible.  If that's incorrect, I'll be making some changes in my bag for distance that I'm sacrificing for accuracy.
Are you talking about the swing arrow?

Accuracy doesn't have anything to do with the speed of the meter. It affects the size of the rings in the target. Now if you miss Perfect, then it won't miss by as much because a single great right is about a ring, double great right is 2 rings, good is crap. So accuracy only matters if you don't hit perfect. The ball you use and the overpay can affect the swing arrow speed. But not accuracy.