Golf Clash

Fudbelty

No pronghorn on waiting and don't feel pressure.

I buy ball packs which come with gems. Don't ever just buy gems. Terrible deal. With a ball pack you get balls, gems, and usually a good chest. I like the $100 packs that also come with Kingmakers. Yes, I spend too much on this.

Checked and T9 is 1682 gems for $3M coins. It goes up for each Tour but comes with more coins.

Just a friendly reminder on how to work the coin buy back.

1. You can only purchase the buy back once every 24 hours. So don’t expect one to pop up if you haven’t waited that long since your last purchase.

2. You can only get one offer at a time. So say you’ve played T7 and been offered that after a loss. Your app will hold that offer even if you bump to T8. If you want to get the offer on T8 fully close your app then go play T8 and “Take the L you pussy!”

Hope that helps.

On 10/5/2020 at 4:21 PM, HoustonHorn said:

Not sure why he leo other than he went to an MII clan. If course they had less points than we did. I think they overtook us with the tournament but they might be relegated. Him and Idreno hurt.

Was this a typo?  I don't remember Idreno doin a damn thing, maybe I'm misremembering?  You having fun trying to figure out the Sternisms yet?

Edited by mulletpelini

- It is what it is.

MB

I'm probably an outlier in the game when it comes to recruiting, I actually enjoy it.  A bit like the recruiting in the old NCAA EA Football if you ever played that when it was out.  I always enjoyed the hell out of that part of the game, probably almost as much as actually playing the game.  When we hit M2, I think recruiting Master 1 will get WAY easier.  My parameters that I'm recruiting are: anything below M1, 500 pts last season.  The problem recruiting M1 now is, what are you offering that they don't already have?  If they don't take the time to see our positioning in the season (Can they even see that anyways?) why make the lateral move?

I have pretty much the same philosophy. I will recruit M1 players at VC or member of if the President if the clan is way down the list of players. They can't see the ranking, but they can see an active president and that everyone is pretty much captain. I think the minimum in the description helps. Keeps low volume players out and may attract high volume players on teams where they generate a lot of the points for the team. We'll see, the new additions show subs promise except for Arbo.

I'm doing my best to get to 500 clams for the season - should be able to do that.

The last two tournaments have kicked my ass.  I watch Tommy's video, make some notes and try to really grind but I just can't seem to shoot more than -10 or -11 which ain't gonna get it.  Some of it has to do with flubbing at least one tee shot per round with a good/great hit where a perfect is needed, but some of it also seems to be I need a driver with more length off the tee.  Pretty much everyone I get matched with has EM 7 or 8 while I'm still using a EM 5.  The distance makes a huge difference on a couple of "must eagle" holes in every tourney. I still haven't unlocked the Big Topper either, which Tommy has called for on at least one hole in the last two tournaments.

A couple things. Don't use Tommy, he doesn't give the correct elevation adjustments unless you are a paying member. They are close, but not always correct. Watch Erelic or Toast of Golf Clash. They are both TeamTommy streamers, but I've seen differences in how they play and adjust vs. Tommy. They both are good and I use them for their adjustments. Since Erelic has a Golf Caddie app, you can pause the video and see what elevation he is using and min/mid/max distances which you can check if you have the app. I will type in the numbers for Toast and back into his elevation if I like his shot and want to try it. There usually aren't huge differences, but there are some, and you want to be comfortable with the shot or you'll miss Perfect more often than not.

The EM 5 has enough distance, but it just makes the Par 5s and some Par 4s a little more difficult. However, if you're willing to invest a little money, get a ball pack when they offer one that has 4+P or has the forward spin boost. Those really help distance without overpowering (which is where you get into trouble quickly). Obviously don't use them for regular 1v1 but only for tournaments. They are a big help on certain holes and help to minimize mistakes made when overpowering shots.

The Big Topper is great for tournaments, not everyday. I use it on hole 3 with the Ryder Cup ball on the left side and have a very good chance at a rough bump Albatross (which I would make more often if I didn't hit great right nearly every time.). But from a strategy perspective, if you don't have a GREAT shot at making an eagle (Par 4) or albatross (Par 5), just play smart and get on the green in 2 and make your putt for 3 on those. You do that and make birdies on every par 3 you are at -12. You will make every cut shooting -12 on each 9 holes and you'll finish around middle of the pack in the finial round. That's a hundred+ hundred points in rookie.

No worries on the points man. It's a goal, and I'm not booting people for not reaching it. But I am going to boot some more dead weight at the bottom who only show up once a week so they don't show as being absent for 7+ days but only put up 10-20 points on the season. That is bullshit and those people need to either be in BabaTwooey or some other clan. We can  fill those spots up with actual production. What is your name in the game - we've added so many people I've lost track?

I see who puts up points on a regular basis and just because someone only gets 2 or 4 points a match, that's a lot of playing to get to 500 points. So don't sweat that. But that's one of the reasons I push the ring method on everyone because once you learn it you have a huge advantage up to T8 when more people start using it. So you win more, you get more coins, you play T6 or 7 or 8 getting 2-3x the points for every win. You don't have to win nearly as much to get to the minimum.

My GC handle is H8oraide.  I've tried to use the other videos that you post, but I don't have that much time to grind through a hour & 45 min long video for each tourney.  I don't think Tommy's adjustments are my main problem, it's my execution of them.

Thanks for the thoughts and all of your help, it's appreciated.

I think if you're on Surly you've got auto diplomatic immunity correct HH?  I mean, that's why I signed on 10 years ago for....long game.

Oh yeah, you cut all the dead weight you want, I'll get you some more dead weight to cut next month.

Spoiler

2581e6b8eb16dc061ed4ea2d99fdfa39.gif

Edited by mulletpelini
muhahhaha

You're in, I think you have to accept it now to actually join. Welcome to the team!

Since you're new to the game, I have put a fair amount of helpful info together, including club attributes, links, tips, etc. The most important of these is the ring method which there's a link to a great  YouTube video by Erelic on how and why. You're just getting your feet wet, but if you can learn how to incorporate it into your game very early, you'll win more and won't be strapped for coins like most people. Plus its much easier to learn when the wind is low because the adjustments are very minimal.

Anyways, if you'd like shoot me an email at houstonhorngc@gmail.com and I'll add you to the distribution.

One other strategy for having coins is to NOT upgrade all the clubs. Some are useless and not worth upgrading. The club attributes helps with that, but if you have questions you can post here or email me and I'll take a look at what you have and what you should be upgrading/playing.

Cheer! Welcome to the team!

So I inadvertently made another acct.  Been playing RT on a tablet and i'm just not fond of the jittery control it has during the game.  I've checked all the possible modifications to the OS and changed a few control settings, but I'm just not sold on it.  Also the video jitters as well sometimes, causing the aim bar to drag then advance quicker than normal, and it only seems to happen when I really don't need it to, so I'm done using it.  Bad part is, my intention was to add RT to a different device, but after going thru the setup, it doesn't appear that it's going to allow me to.  I'll do some more research on that, but in the mean time, I'll work this new acct. up to a decent place and jump aboard if there's a spot available later.  I'm just using an old galaxy 5 and the controls and video are way smoother than the stupid tablet was, even though it's a newer piece of equipment....key word, piece.

7 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

So I inadvertently made another acct.  Been playing RT on a tablet and i'm just not fond of the jittery control it has during the game.  I've checked all the possible modifications to the OS and changed a few control settings, but I'm just not sold on it.  Also the video jitters as well sometimes, causing the aim bar to drag then advance quicker than normal, and it only seems to happen when I really don't need it to, so I'm done using it.  Bad part is, my intention was to add RT to a different device, but after going thru the setup, it doesn't appear that it's going to allow me to.  I'll do some more research on that, but in the mean time, I'll work this new acct. up to a decent place and jump aboard if there's a spot available later.  I'm just using an old galaxy 5 and the controls and video are way smoother than the stupid tablet was, even though it's a newer piece of equipment....key word, piece.

Can't you just switch accounts on the same device? Or am I misunderstanding?

What tablet did you get? I'm seriously considering getting an iPad mini just for this game. I don't use Apple, but I've heard the swing meter consistency is a night and day difference than on Android. The only downside is my wife will wonder why I'm spending that much money on a game.

It was just a couple year old LG that the wife had that was being unused so I snagged it just for playing.  It sucks bad.  The android phones are much better.  I don't use any apple shit so can't comment on those.  There is an option to "Recover Existing Account" under settings but it cannot find RT Lange so no dice.  It's fine I'll dump RT to Twoey if need be, the club selection under RT is lacking anyways....for example, continually get increases for the  DN1 but never get a single card for anything better to replace it with, so now it's actually a pretty decent club and I've gotten so used to it, I've gotten pretty deadly with it.  Not EB deadly, but not far behind.

Is EMJ on Surly?  His Stern knowledge is top notch.  Way better than you Boff.

Oh yeah, thanks for calling me out on kicking people.  You know you enjoy it a little.  Nice cover.

bml.gif.ba8c9411e89aee51b2c79d6ea2e56e1e.gif

Edited by mulletpelini

Weird it won't find your account.

EMJ started the clan and named it BabaBooey, not surprising he's knowledgeable.

I do be mind kicking people who aren't performing. I would prefer they played but I realize not everyone plays that much. But there's probably 100,000+ clans, they can find another one that will let them sit on their ass.

There are quite a few people on the team putting in a lot of time, you as much as anyone, to play and earn points. It isn't fair to have spots that are wasted on people who aren't interested in playing. It increases the burden on thse that are.

Come the weekend and I'm cutting those 5 guys. We need more PapCs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I know Boff I'm giving ya shit so defensive Harr.

and since we're talking about it, I'd cut everyone below Barry right now if it were me.  I can get you way better dead weight than those to cut later.

giphy.gif

Edited by mulletpelini
you're way nicer than me, you might not even belong here.