Golf Clash

Fudbelty

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

I’ve always said bottom 10 is up for boot. Especially in clans trying to improve. Once you get your group then bottom 5. Then you’re pretty stuck there so long as everyone plays.

That's a good philosophy, Jack. But really, I'm going to re-suggest at the end of the season that the goal is 500 pts and if people aren't comfortable they can get close to that, they can move to the other clan or leave but going forward its active players who are producing points. I  don't really know what it takes to move up to MIII, but I'm guessing its closer to 65-75k at a minimum. We aren't going to get there next season, but over a 2-3 seasons if we can roll off the bottom 10% a couple times and replace with more players in the 1-2k range, we might have a chance if we can get a 4 or 5 more people who can put up 3-4k each.

The big thing is the people on the team need to be playing T7 and 8 at least. It's just too many games at levels lower than that to get a substantial number of points. I am happy to see that a lot of people who post shots seem to be using the ring method - most people aren't Fud and can wing it so they are constantly battling against their bankroll. Just winning 55% can earn you a lot of money pretty quickly and the best way to do that is to have the advantage in shootouts in T4, 5 and 6 knowing how to correctly adjust for the wind.

In T9+ anything around 50% is good. I'm good for 10k+ in all my accounts. It's just easier to win in T8 with my Alt HHII. I get tired of losing shootouts with my main account hitting it within 1-2 yards. So I switch and win close to 70% with the other account.

Happy to see a new course.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

JMO, I think 500 is too high  FOR NOW.

I'd let the kids celebrate, they did good and they'll keep improving.  Andrew is at 353, so he's averaging 10 a day.  I see him playing plenty, and he's right at 50% so you're right he's probably losing every other playoff if not every two and then a win.  

So I'd say make it 350 for the next month.  Allow players like Andrew to keep grinding up.  If they're playing to get better they'll be over 500 the next season w/o any pressure whatsoever from you asking for it.  Some of those below him were added late and they'll pass him easily in a full season.  Anyone with less than 100 who's been here full or close to full season though, cut em.  It's gonna be WAY easier to recruit new blood to M2 than it was M1.  I rarely see M2 teams when I'm recruiting.  Almost all are M1.

Everyone below 300

XD keeper

LHL keeper

Crazyhorse keeper

Oz 176 for a month is pretty weak

Gerhardt should be ok

Bruno 162 added 1st week kind meh

Richard should be ok

Brock is good

Greg is good

Mario S.  cut

Arbo cut

Ratshit cut

Lol goat cut

stranger cut

speedtrucker 49? cmon man

barry, kenny, james cut

So maybe 8 there should be cut, they're probably costing you a minimum of 2.5k, which would put us in 5th fucking place right now.

But their points, while low did help us get 12th to date, so ty for your service don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As always, it's your team Boff, do as you wish.  I'll have one acct. to add shortly that will be good for 500.

Oh yeah, I still think asking for minimum 1 pin chest per day is a good way to get people to get around 25 a day, which should easily get them over 500.  It's a smaller bite that producer larger end result than saying "500" or you're gone.

Edited by mulletpelini

I started playing about a week ago. I'm still trying to figure out a strategy, but have unlocked up to T4, just haven't had the bankroll to play on it consistently. I'm hovering around 50% on wins and it seems like every match goes into a shoot out.  Any tips for a newbie? I've watched the ring method video and a few others but that's about it so far. 

Learn the ring method on 1 club, probably the short or long iron as you will probably be using one of those in most circumstances to hone in on the hole.  Then you can apply that knowledge to your other clubs as you get better at it.

Oh yeah, if you lose 3 games in a row, stop playing for a while and come back later with a reset.  Don't blow 650k down to 48 coins like some people have.

Edited by mulletpelini

10 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

JMO, I think 500 is too high  FOR NOW.

I'd let the kids celebrate, they did good and they'll keep improving.  Andrew is at 353, so he's averaging 10 a day.  I see him playing plenty, and he's right at 50% so you're right he's probably losing every other playoff if not every two and then a win.  

So I'd say make it 350 for the next month.  Allow players like Andrew to keep grinding up.  If they're playing to get better they'll be over 500 the next season w/o any pressure whatsoever from you asking for it.  Some of those below him were added late and they'll pass him easily in a full season.  Anyone with less than 100 who's been here full or close to full season though, cut em.  It's gonna be WAY easier to recruit new blood to M2 than it was M1.  I rarely see M2 teams when I'm recruiting.  Almost all are M1.

Everyone below 300

XD keeper

LHL keeper

Crazyhorse keeper

Oz 176 for a month is pretty weak

Gerhardt should be ok

Bruno 162 added 1st week kind meh

Richard should be ok

Brock is good

Greg is good

Mario S.  cut

Arbo cut

Ratshit cut

Lol goat cut

stranger cut

speedtrucker 49? cmon man

barry, kenny, james cut

So maybe 8 there should be cut, they're probably costing you a minimum of 2.5k, which would put us in 5th fucking place right now.

But their points, while low did help us get 12th to date, so ty for your service don't let the door hit you on the way out.

As always, it's your team Boff, do as you wish.  I'll have one acct. to add shortly that will be good for 500.

Oh yeah, I still think asking for minimum 1 pin chest per day is a good way to get people to get around 25 a day, which should easily get them over 500.  It's a smaller bite that producer larger end result than saying "500" or you're gone.

I put 500 as a minimum to create some urgency, but I've paid attention to who plays and who doesn't That's why I've said a few times in the chat that I've noticed who plays in tournaments and who is playing regularly.

I don't plan on cutting anyone above Gerhardt. Andrew puts up points every day. Oz plays tournament as does Richard.

Bruno will probably go but want to give him a chance to come back. Brock is Bababooey and just started and is kicking ass, Greg is damn good (can't believe he finished 11th with a -30 - that sucks). After that, Speed jumped back up from the other clan because I asked. He took one for the team to jump down initially. (Thanks Speed!)

Bruno, Arbo, Rrat, Goat, Stranger, Barry, Kenny and James are all going to be gone shortly. I'll leave bruno till last because he showed early promise.

I'm working my way up the list starting at the bottom.

The rest will be able to celebrate.

I want to keep it as 500, but make it a goal. Not sure I'll set a min but may try to challenge some of the people in the 600+ range to get closer to 1000.

There's been quite a bit more participation, posting shots, recruiting from others on the team. Also seeing a lot of ring method, which makes me happy.

I'm thinking I'm going to offer some sort of reward system - nothing major. Some scores more points than my main account, I'll buy them a $50 ball pack. Maybe $5 ball pack for 1000 points and a $20 ball pack for 2000.

8 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I started playing about a week ago. I'm still trying to figure out a strategy, but have unlocked up to T4, just haven't had the bankroll to play on it consistently. I'm hovering around 50% on wins and it seems like every match goes into a shoot out.  Any tips for a newbie? I've watched the ring method video and a few others but that's about it so far. 

First, join BabaTwooey!

Second, bankroll will be an issue but honestly learning the ring method will help alleviate that issue since you will have an advantage in most shootouts through about T8. You'll win more and have more coins.

But, don't be in a rush to move up. The first tours are pretty repetitive and short, but Fud is right, get really really good at each tour and build up your bankroll. Most games will end in shootouts. Its stressful when you're playing tours before you have enough bankroll - ideally you should have 10-15x the entry at a minimum. Wait until you have 30k at least before playing it. By then you'll be pretty good at the ring method.

Here are a few general, not exact guidelines for adjustments.

Generally assume 2mph = 1 ring for early clubs.Go to golfclashnotebook.io and they have a wind tool you can look up each club at each level. It can be confusing, but you want rings per wind which will let you know immediately how many rings you need to adjust. If you are adjusting into the rough then assume less so you don't overpull and land in the rough. If you are pulling away from the rough 2 should be fine since there aren't many cases where it is ever more than 2 (EM goes to 2.2 at some levels). Some clubs with high accuracy like the QB/Sniper/Rock are closer to 1 to 1.

But practice it and you'll get good. The app is worth getting - makes it easy, but takes a some practice to use.

5 hours ago, Longhornlax said:

Speaking of the app. How do y’all use it while playing? Just have another screen or memorize the basic rings per wind for most of the clubs?

I was using a tablet with a cover when I started using RM.  I just made a little chart  with all the r/w per club, placed it inside the tablet cover and referenced the numbers while playing.  IMO you'll end up using it the most with the short and long irons, so after a bit you'll just start to remember what they are.  I use the hornet (1.25 max) and the backbone (1.50 max) mostly so I just remember what they are.  For the mins I usually add 1, obviously the mids become .5

All just rough estimates, I've never used the app and probably never will.  It's second nature now, I'm already calculating while I figure out where in the mid/max/min range the shot will be.  I used tour one (who cares if you time out, you're losing 50 coins) to get more precise/timely with it until I felt ok about using it in real time.

If I was going to make a recommendation, I'd start with one club (long or short iron), get really comfortable with that and then apply that knowledge to the other clubs using each clubs r/w value.

Edited by mulletpelini

The notebook app is an overlay on Android and also on ios tablets. On the iPhone it isn't but you just switch to it and make the adjustment before you teepee while you're opponent is hitting.

You'll know the holes enough to get everything set in advance and just plug in the wind. There are a few videos in YouTube by Zachary Jones who created it on how to use it effectively and quickly.

I posted a few general guidelines above, but those are just estimates.

You can create a PDF on the golf clash notebook website. Make sure to do rings per wind and it will give you every single adjustment for each club for the exact winds and Min /Mid /Max. It can be a little overwhelming which is why I prefer the app. Plus it doesn't account for elevation. For instance, I use +10% on pretty much every tee shot that isn't dramatically downhill. That helps with the wind effect. That really only becomes an issue with wind that are higher than 6 or so and even then it's pretty minimal. You've probably hit a shot into the wind and noticed it didn't bounce as far as the guide indicated. That's wind effect, but it impacts all shots with wind in every direction. Don't worry about that for now.

But some shots are +20 or +30% more if they are dramatically downhill. The app will do that math for you, but it's pretty easy to add 10% in your head. 6 ring adjustment would be 6.6 rings at +10%, 5.4 at - 10% (uphill).

Knowing the EM is about 1 ring per 2mph is a good rule. Helps your accuracy on drives. Most of the other clubs are about 1.5 or 1.67 approximately and high accuracy clubs like the QB, Sniper and rock are about 1 to 1.

Those are approximate based on Max.

Another way to start is to simply move the target without rotating. It isnt exact but you can get close. Then you can start rotating once you get used to the concept.

You can also start to figure out the elevations on shootouts because you'll see that the ball doesn't land exactly where it should after you adjust. Tough to tell when the winds are just a few miles pretty hour but you'll start to see it at about 5+ mph and it's very important when you get to higher tours.

One final note, you'll get quite a few eyeroll emojis, exorcism in lower tours, but F em. They shutup pretty quick when you hole shots. 95% is people use it in T9?+ and those who don't, like Did, have played enough games to know generally what the adjustment should be. It's a guess though. I haven't looked at Fuds stats, but he's a great player and guesstimate and does very well. That said, without looking at the stats, I bet he had about 2x as many games as I have and I bet I have more holes in one and albatrosses. Not to take anything away from Fud, but I use the ring method and hole out alot.

Knowing the adjustment is absolutely critical in finishing near the top in tournaments, no matter the level. Without it you might make the weekend in rookie and pro but you probably won't finish top 20 or 30. No chance in Expert or Masters, you probably won't ever make the weekend. There are too many great players.

I barely play expert unless it's a course I think I can shoot -30 on. My best rounds ever was - 32 in Expert a few tournaments ago and I finished 25th.fucking ridiculous. My - 16 in this tournament got 10th although would have been top 5 with a - 16 in the first round.

But baby steps. I've been using that method for 6+ months and just recently got really proficient at it. Just getting close while you're starting will make a dramatic difference in winning matches and keeping a solid bankroll.

Ok, I started this on Thursday, Beginner League.. I earned 67.1k coins by the end. I was fighting it out for #1 in coins with a guest####. I woke up this morning, 7 hrs left in League, I was 7k behind.

In less than 2 hours, with about 5 hours left in League, there was a new leader for coins at 2M. How does that happen?? Two of us close for over a day, anywhere from 5-10k difference in coins, but in a 2 hour span, someone shows up with 2M? In the Beginner League.

No matter, I'm plugging away, trying to build up my coins, stuck between 7-10k. Winning and losing, staying in Tour 3 with that 800 buy-in. I guess I need to review this thread, and learn how to play better. I'm starting to familiarize myself with the "ring method".

I just advanced to the Rookie 1 League, we'll see how this goes.

User name, Longhorn

Edited by Lone Star Horn

So I've been playing this game religiously since I downloaded it. (Brock Landers is my tag) I'm starting to get the hang of it, but really not playing the high money rounds just yet. The thing I don't understand is with these tournaments, is that I'm being paired with people that have pro tournament wins, but playing with rookies. Is there a level you hit to where higher tiered players can't feast on bottom feeders like myself? Just seems unfair if I'm high in the rankings before the tournament ends, to only log in and see my standing fall at the end due to seasoned players sweeping the top spots. Am I seeing that correctly, or just taking crazy pills?

13 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

When you finish at the bottom of the rankings you are relegated back to a lower level. It was probably someone who hasn't played in a while but came back and win a single match in tour 9.

Come join our small party in BabaTwooey.

@HoustonHorn small as in 5/50? Making sure i have the right one. Babatwooey! With the !

21 hours ago, BabaBooey said:

So I've been playing this game religiously since I downloaded it. (Brock Landers is my tag) I'm starting to get the hang of it, but really not playing the high money rounds just yet. The thing I don't understand is with these tournaments, is that I'm being paired with people that have pro tournament wins, but playing with rookies. Is there a level you hit to where higher tiered players can't feast on bottom feeders like myself? Just seems unfair if I'm high in the rankings before the tournament ends, to only log in and see my standing fall at the end due to seasoned players sweeping the top spots. Am I seeing that correctly, or just taking crazy pills?

You can play any level of tournament that you qualify for, e.g., if you are Expert, then you can play Rookie, Pro, Expert, but not Masters.

One of the big problems PlayDemic has is that they haven't figured out how to make tournaments work as far as separating quality of players so you are playing against people of a similar skill set and clubs. I'll be honest, I'm probably somewhat guilty of that because I have clubs that are sufficient for Master or Expert, but usually play Pro (although I did finish 10th in the mini in Expert). The reason I play Pro is that our clan needs the points and quite honestly, Expert is craziness. There are so many really great players who play Expert that shooting -24 or -25 in an opening round doesn't guarantee that you make it into the weekend. I will play Expert on tournaments that I really like the course and feel comfortable that I can shoot closer to -28 or better. My best tournament ever was a -32 and that only finished 25th.

So since I need to guarantee points I play Pro, but even then I've never even finished Top 3 in Pro because there are so many great players playing Pro. It usually takes a -32 to -34 to win and sometimes that isn't even good enough.

PD said they were going to do something about the rankings system in tournaments so that it isn't simply time-based, but that "better" players and players with high finishes were paired with similar players. So hopefully it will be resolved at some point. The main thing is to work on your game, work to make it to the weekend. Without the ring system you won't ever finish near the top in any tournament, regardless of whether its Rookie or Master.

I played for several months and was pretty good, winning most of my matches, but struggling to even make the weekend in tournaments. I would shoot -22 or something like that and miss the cut and couldn't figure out how people were shooting the crazy scores. That's when I decided to learn the ring method. So my performance in tournaments improved, but it still was just good enough to make the weekend consistently and finish middle of the pack. Over the course of the last several months I have made a concerted effort to improve my performance in the tournaments and its paid off. I put together a strategy guide for how I approach tournaments and what you have to do in order to start finishing near the top. Its probably getting the cart before the horse at this point, but if you're interested (or anyone else) email me at houstonhorngc@gmail.com and I'll send it to you.

But honestly, tournaments aren't going to be worth the time and coins until you are good with the ring method and even then, you'll want to have the app or have a complete set of adjustments for your clubs for reference.

12 hours ago, Lone Star Horn said:

10k entry fee for a rookie tournament??? 

Well, that's going to have to wait. At 20k bank, I can't afford tour 4, let alone a 10k tourney fee.  

Looks like I'll keep playing tour 3, until I get over 30k bank to afford tour 4.

Assuming you're Longhorn, if so you found the right place!

Right now its quiet but hopefully we'll keep adding players - definitely invite anyone who is good that you play against and even check their team and if they have good players invite them. Since its just a Rookie III clan right now, don't waste your time on any players that are in Expert/Masters clans. There is 0 chance they will ever jump. Even Pro has 3 bags, so that's very unlikely. But if they are not in a clan or in a rookie clan, invite them if they show any skill. You'll find some people who don't even understand that you have to aim to account for the wind. We don't want people like that - they don't understand the basic concepts of the game and probably never will. But you'll be able to tell who seems to have a clue and who doesn't.

I'm in and out pretty regularly but most of my time is in Bababooey! since we have to get a lot of points. But I definitely want to grow this second clan - it will be a huge benefit in a few months when we have a recruiting/feeder clan to identify high point players that can move up to the main clan. Right now its the red-headed stepchild though so I haven't been able to convince the low point producers to move. Not surprising since about 6 people out of 50 have emailed me about the tips/guides/tournament guides/etc. I put in Google Docs.

Which I get, most people just play occasionally as a time waster and not a lot play it daily/consistently enough to generate a lot of points. But that's why I want the second clan, so those people can play without any pressure and we can have a main clan full of high point producers.

PapaSam is an alt for Sam from the main account. Really good player. BKZ is a friend of mine who is new to the game, but a big Longhorn fan. B Rad is a waste and just some guy who got lucky and beat me and I invited him but never plays.

Also, you don't have to be in tournaments or in high tours to generate a lot of points. It just takes more time since you get less points/win. But if y'all are kicking ass and putting up points, then I'll move you up to the main clan. Goal is 500 points/season minimum. We're at around 42 players right now with a few on the chopping block and a few others not far behind. We're trying to add some 1k+ players to fill those spots.

266c8dfe64b400285fbf684a27a92b01.jpg
4c0c7b70d764fcb2a14d0e4762111dbd.jpg

What do you guys suggest as far as clubs? Here are my two bags. I’ve been feeling pretty confident as far as bag 1 goes and haven’t really done any upgrades to them in a while, but it’s the one I play with 99.9% of the time. I’ve made bag 1 my more accurate clubs and bag 2 are really just the other ones I have unlocked along the way.

My philosophy with 2 bags and to save coins is to have the exact same bag, except the wood for the second bag should be the Big Dawg so you have distance on longer par 5s that you won't be able to reach with a viper/sniper. You'll know the shots with the clubs and the roll outs and how the BS behaves.

Bag  one is fine for the most part. I would say that the runner has a lot of Topspin when backspin is the more important attribute for a short iron. If you have a Kingfisher or Hornet any level, I'd look into those. The claw starting at level 2 is ok. But choose one and don't worry about upgrading the others. Once you get the Thorn, build up your cards until you have enough to get the Thorn to level 3 and then go with that. It sucks for Topspin, but that's really only needed for a rough bump. You'll want to play most shots with a short iron with about 1-2 BS so you control the roll out. Sometimes that's not possible to do, but that's the goal. Once you switch to the Thorn you'll probably not use another short iron until you get a very advanced Falcon but don't worry about upgrading it right now.

For the woods, the viper is good until you get a Sniper level 4 or 5, then I'd switch.

For the Long iron, only worry about upgrading the Backbone. It will upgrade very quickly and its a pretty damn good club. You're fine with the GR for now but once the BB is at level 4 I'd switch because the GR will upgrade very slowly as an Epic and it never gets to be a very good club compared to other options. Eventually you will want to switch to the Goliath, but honestly, that's a ways off -  probably level 5. And even then its not that much better than the BB unless you need the distance. The Grizzly is also a good long term club, but again, not worth upgrading at all until you have the cards to get it to level 6 or 7. Just let it sit.

Wedge, consider the Firefly at any level if you have it. Great topspin and ball guide and its a better option until you get the EndBringer, which will bring an end to your search for a wedge.

Avoid the sand and rough because all of the clubs are absolute shit. Look for distance. Only upgrade one of these, don't worry about anything else until you get the Nirvana (rough) and Malibu and/or Spitfire for the Sand. Those will be the clubs you use for pretty much the rest of the time you play the game.

That’s basically what I do... I have 4 bags

The only difference is Big Topper, Extra mile and Big dawg, Sniper. Basically a combo of those 4 but all the other clubs stay the same.

And normally I stick with the big topper these days to stay under the wind and let her roll. The key is knowing where my shot is gonna end up with the sniper or clearing distance with the big dawg

Exact same thing for me, but it's a leveled up QB instead of the Big Topper.

@DallasHorn26 - I don't think you should spend any more coins upgrading that Rocket - it's totally bunk.  I played against a guy today who had a lvl 10 Rocket and with it totally maxed out and full topspin, I think he could barely hit it 300 yds. 

Exact same thing for me, but it's a leveled up QB instead of the Big Topper.
[mention=2740]DallasHorn26[/mention] - I don't think you should spend any more coins upgrading that Rocket - it's totally bunk.  I played against a guy today who had a lvl 10 Rocket and with it totally maxed out and full topspin, I think he could barely hit it 300 yds. 

Yeah I realized that a little while ago. I’ve been sticking to the extra mile. I may take it up a level or two, but I don’t think it adds much.

The rocket is used on some par 3s in tournaments. Otherwise it shouldn't be in your bag.

The Drivers when you have multiple bags and maybe the woods are all that should change. The big topper is good for certain holes. The QB is good for certain holes if you don't have an Apoc and need curl. It's nice to have those options when you have multiple bags, and it bags depending on the courses on the tour you are playing.

Boschnikel I recognize that name that might have been me.  He has good stats.  I've only been recruiting 500+ per last season stats.  Most of them are way over that.

One thing that's weird I have noticed is that a lot of players are reading zero last season points.  I'm sure some are legit but I'd guess it's close to 85% that I'm seeing and I just can't imagine that's not a glitch in the system which sucks if it is, because I'm not recruiting them unless I know what they shot last season.  It's also so early in the season, much like you see in Booey, that some haven't even played yet that are normal daily players, which also is hard to read because so many have no stats yet.

Are you seeing the same on that regarding last season stats when you're recruiting Boff?

Sand Lizard worth investing in?  

Edited by mulletpelini

I haven't seen too many people with 0s for last season. Weird, maybe just luck of the draw.

Sand lizard isn't one I'd bother with but just chose one until you get the Malibu or Spitfire.

Yes, those are Alt accounts. I have/had similar stats with mine. You're so much better the second and third time around. Especially when you know the ring system. No stress with coins. It's nice to have multiple accounts for tournaments so you can have extra practice. It's a big difference actually because you can start to dial in shots instead of having just one go of it.

Hopefully some of the ones who haven't played yet will get going soon. Most aren't even playing the tournament. I get it though, most made a pretty big push the last week or so and probably taking a few days off. Can't linger too long. I don't hold out any hope of making MIII this season, but would like to beat the Texas Aggies and finish in the top 25. That's achievable if people start playing. Bo had 1000 points last season, Paps can put up 2k, Bobby is going to put up 4-5k at this rate. I will have to work hard to beat him with both accounts. Hoss seems like a good pickup with 82 points already. Sour has 97 in a couple days. Andre is really playing a lot and same with Lurch. FG will be up there close to 2k probably. We should be putting up 35-40k this season I think.

Keep recruiting...we still have some dead weight. Kenny came in for his 4pts/season but I can't cut him if others are at 0, so hopefully it picks up some as the week progresses. I honestly don't know if Bobby can sustain his rate if he's actually in law school. He'll have to do some homework or something at some point. Hell of an addition though.

I also haven't been playing great the past few days. Normally when that happens I drop down a Tour and play, but in this case that's T8 for Houston and all the great tournament players are playing in T8 right now, so can't even get back on track easily. It will come back soon, hopefully in time for the tournament rounds. Way too many greats. I should be able to get to -15/16 pretty easily and shot -13 on all three. I can fucking drive the green on one with my TH 7. No excuses really, just need to get it done.

11 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Sand lizard isn't one I'd bother with but just chose one until you get the Malibu or Spitfire.

Yeah I've been using the Malibu forever, high level 6 or 7 I think.  Couldn't remember if the sand lizard was worth investing in or not.  Don't have the Spitfire yet, is that the bad mammajamma?

Dead, I'm swimming in too many names. Are you on the main clan or BabaTwooey?

For BabaBooey I set the min at 500, but I unofficially consider it to be more of a goal and to see who was willing to make an effort to get there. Tournaments may net a lot of points or they may net 0, and they take quite a bit of time.

Ideally everyone would get at least 500. In reality I think less than 250 is really where I personally start paying attention to whether or not someone is active. I realize that playing low tours means you don't earn many points, so I try to consider that.

But someone like Kenny just shows up to put 4 or 8 points on the board and then disappears for a week. That's not going to fly much longer for him or anyone else.

If you play tournaments, play shots showing you're learning or know the ring system, and get 250 points and I see you put up points every day or two, you're good. The effort is there and if you know the ring method you'll start winning more and get to higher tours and that 250 turns into 500 or 750 pretty quickly.

If you're in BabaTwooey there is no minimum. B Rad was my first recruit and I think he's won 14 points in 2 seasons.

7 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Dead, I'm swimming in too many names. Are you on the main clan or BabaTwooey?

For BabaBooey I set the min at 500, but I unofficially consider it to be more of a goal and to see who was willing to make an effort to get there. Tournaments may net a lot of points or they may net 0, and they take quite a bit of time.

Ideally everyone would get at least 500. In reality I think less than 250 is really where I personally start paying attention to whether or not someone is active. I realize that playing low tours means you don't earn many points, so I try to consider that.

But someone like Kenny just shows up to put 4 or 8 points on the board and then disappears for a week. That's not going to fly much longer for him or anyone else.

If you play tournaments, play shots showing you're learning or know the ring system, and get 250 points and I see you put up points every day or two, you're good. The effort is there and if you know the ring method you'll start winning more and get to higher tours and that 250 turns into 500 or 750 pretty quickly.

If you're in BabaTwooey there is no minimum. B Rad was my first recruit and I think he's won 14 points in 2 seasons.

I’m not in either of your clans.  I was just asking.   My GC handle is Drymarchon.  

I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've been playing pretty consistent in tour 3 the past 2 days and feel like I'm winning 75% of my matches. I have enough bankroll to play a few rounds in tour 4 (3k Entry), but feel more comfortable staying in 3 for now to build my bankroll some more. What level should I aim to take my clubs up to? Pretty much all of them are on level 3-4 now except my rough and sand wedges. I feel like I'm in a good rhythm with my clubs at the moment, so I don't want to change too much, just hone in on my skill and build bankroll. 

7 hours ago, deadshank said:

I’m not in either of your clans.  I was just asking.   My GC handle is Drymarchon.  

Got it. We've had a lot of people join recently, so wasn't sure. Are you in a clan? Are there minimums and are they hard minimums or is there flexibility? I'm new at this so I just go with my gut feel.

2 hours ago, DallasHorn26 said:

I'm starting to get the hang of it. I've been playing pretty consistent in tour 3 the past 2 days and feel like I'm winning 75% of my matches. I have enough bankroll to play a few rounds in tour 4 (3k Entry), but feel more comfortable staying in 3 for now to build my bankroll some more. What level should I aim to take my clubs up to? Pretty much all of them are on level 3-4 now except my rough and sand wedges. I feel like I'm in a good rhythm with my clubs at the moment, so I don't want to change too much, just hone in on my skill and build bankroll. 

Stick in T3 for a while, use some of the money to upgrade only the clubs you are using. There isn't a set level, The EM at level 6 is a nice bump up in distance. The Sniper at level 6 is servicable, long iron, just stick with the backbone and keep upgrading it. It's really a pretty good club that upgrades quickly. Short iron get the Thorn and just upgrade it. Some of these clubs you may not have yet like the Thorn. Can't remember which tour that is in.  But I'd still upgrade the clubs you are playing with. Just nothing else for now.

Every tour is going to be a step up in competition to some degree, but if you're winning a high percentage in T3, you aren't going to be overwhelmed in T4. There isn't a big difference. But at 70+% winning you'll be able be able to build up your bankroll some (I realize its slow at $800/match), but you're better off jumping into a new tour with enough bankroll to really play it without being stressed that one or two losses will leave you going back to T3. I'd get up to about 30-45k and then give it a shot.

2 hours ago, HoustonHorn said:

Got it. We've had a lot of people join recently, so wasn't sure. Are you in a clan? Are there minimums and are they hard minimums or is there flexibility? I'm new at this so I just go with my gut feel.

I have no idea regarding minimums. 

The clan I’m in is Varmit Cong.  VC is Masters I level  

I’m currently ranked 18th in pro III.

Last season I accounted for 1296.  The season before I was just over 1600.  

Edited by deadshank

That's cool. Except for M2/M3 clans who are grinding and C100 nobody is going to complain about that production.

I don't know how skill level but be careful with the promotions. It bumps up the quality of players you get matched against. And I've heard that once you reach level 2 of any Level you're basically stuck forever with at least that ranking. So you can get promoted to Expert 1 this season but if you go to Expert 2, you aren't going to be able to drop back down to Pro and play Pro level players.

Not necessarily a bad thing but from experience playing my main account is a much more difficult grind since I spent several months at M3.

I'm constantly matched against players with tons of gold medals in Pro, Expert, Masters and nearly all M3 and C100 clans. My Alt accounts are more fun to play since I win at a higher rate. Not as rewarding though. Just depends on how I'm feeling and playing.

Sounds like you're in a good clan (with a great name), but the doors always open if you're looking for a change.

Do you play in tournaments and is your clan big on tournaments? The one thing I'd like to do is work with a clan that really prepares for tournaments and develops shots and dials them in. I'm pretty decent on my own but would be fun to learn that process.

Deadshank, just use a name centered around the Howard Stern show, then you're guaranteed lifetime exemption, right Boff?

Man, I really thought recruiting would be easier.  I'm guessing combined we've recruited 500 people and we've gotten what, less than 5 newbies?  That's less than 1%.  I really thought the M2 compared to M1 badge would have made it easier, guess I was wrong.

Will keep pluggin away at it.

Texas yall didn't stick long, guess he didn't like hanging with the TU crowd eh?  He probably is moving up, the team he joined has more points in M2.  I'd rather play and build a team, but to each his own.

I think people will move after the first tournament. Unfortunately we're carrying a lot of deadweight right now that aren't getting any points so probably won't have a lot of increased interest.

Plus we didn't have a ton of people make the weekend.

We don't have the horses to get to M3 right now. Hopefully Pap and xD and crazyhorse get back to the levels they were last season. I'll obviously grind more once the tournament is over. A Leelee worries those three haven't been around at all.