01.01.2020 - Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs Baylor

El Diablo

Charlie Brewer sustained his 3rd or 4th concussion in the CCG with OU and I'm not sure how available he's going to be for this game or even going forward into next season. The backup QB, Bohannon, has been with the program for nearly 2 years now and should be adequate if needed and his running style/ability could add some wrinkles that GA isn't fully prepared for. The offense has been lackluster all year with the exception of a couple of games so I'm not expecting a lot of scoring from Baylor regardless of who's starting at QB.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

15 players not playing for UGA. What a mercenary fucking program that one is.

Damn, that's taking "didn't want to be there" to a whole 'nuther level.

I've often thought though that bowl game participation as a show of loyalty or whatever is a very personal decision. The season is over, the academic year is over, I'm not even sure if the players are actually even on scholarship at that point, technically. They've fulfilled their obligations to the school and completed their season. Do you want to take a trip to Norleans and play another game, for funsises? Maybe, maybe not. 

18 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I've often thought though that bowl game participation as a show of loyalty or whatever is a very personal decision. The season is over, the academic year is over, I'm not even sure if the players are actually even on scholarship at that point, technically. They've fulfilled their obligations to the school and completed their season. Do you want to take a trip to Norleans and play another game, for funsises? Maybe, maybe not. 

Yeah I agree on the whole. Pretty much the whole draft eligible set of players saying "nah fuck it" to an NY6 bowl just tells me something about UGA football though.

21 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

And miss out on all that bowl swag? 

The last time Baylor played in the Sugar Bowl was 3 years before I was born. They beat then undefeated and ranked #2 in both polls Tennessee, 13-7. 

Oh, and OUsux who won a MNC that year didn't have any players attend their bowl game - they didn't play in a bowl that year.  

Go *sigh* Georgia. Ew.
Why eh? Baylor has terrible people that support rape, I hope Georgia wins 41-17.

Anybody pulling for baylor for conference support is regarded. Their winning hurts recruiting.

That is as aggy as aggy gets. They pull for bama, lsu, georgia, and florida when they aren't playing them. It is very comical.

23 hours ago, Extra Anejo said:

Is there a statute of limitations on calling everyone at Baylor rapists?

I still know Baylor alumni friends that defend that shitbag program and carefully explain to me that it was all blown out of proportion and that Art Briles is a "good man" and had nothing to do with it.  This group includes a woman.  

Until that stops, they remain a win-at-all-costs rapist program.

Edited by utee94

This game is gonna get decided by the Baylor Front 7. If they can stop Georgia's zone runs out of a heavy personnel package w/ their 3 down base, Georgia's offense is gonna do jack shit w/ their non-existent WR corp. If Georgia goes heavy and is consistently getting 5 / .6 YPC, Baylor will pull out a 4 man Front and load the box, and Fromm is gonna get some one on one looks against the Baylor CBs that are good, but aren't good enough to hold up without giving up a big play.

I think Georgia wins a close game around 20, but the path is absolutely there for Georgia to lose by 20 in a 30-9 game. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2019 at 7:49 PM, El Diablo said:

1 is grades, 1 is suspension, some are injuries.  Not all are NFL.

24 minutes ago, Farkimedes said:

This game is gonna get decided by the Baylor Front 7. If they can stop Georgia's zone runs out of a heavy personnel package w/ their 3 down base, Georgia's offense is gonna do jack shit w/ their non-existent WR corp. If Georgia goes heavy and is consistently getting 5 / .6 YPC, Baylor will pull out a 4 man Front and load the box, and Fromm is gonna get some one on one looks against the Baylor CBs that are good, but aren't good enough to hold up without giving up a big play.

I think Georgia wins a close game around 20, but the path is absolutely there for Georgia to lose by 20 in a 30-9 game. 

Georgia's #1 RB is injured and going to NFL.

Georgia's #2 RB is going to NFL.

Georgia's #3 RB got arrested for possession and driving w/o a license.

Freshman will get a lot of carries.

See, here's the thing I have about Baylor and the rape scandal:

If Baylor had taken tangible steps to change the culture that led up to the rape scandal in the first place, I could accept that.  Sure, mistakes happen.  It's how you grow, learn, and change for the better that ultimately matters in the end.

But that didn't happen.  Instead, the fanbase blamed the victims, and the administration terminated the head coach and the athletic director, mainly as CYA moves to defend against the civil suits.  I don't see any reason not to believe that another rape scandal will happen there at some point down the road, probably sooner rather than later.  And because of that, I still have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Baylor.

So, pretty much...fuck 'em.

Furthermore, nothing would make me happier than for Texas to claim the only Big XII bowl win this season, especially for recruiting purposes.

I don't particularly like having to root for Georgia in this game, but I will hold my nose and say GO DAWGS.

Now with that out of the way, I see that Georgia got thrashed by LSU, and barely scraped by several other teams with a pulse, including aggy.  They also somehow inexplicably managed to lose to Muschamp's Gamecocks this season.  I haven't really followed Georgia enough to know what the underlying issues with them are, but they are going to have to pick it up if they plan on defeating Baylor in the Sugar Bowl.

5 minutes ago, orangebird said:

See, here's the thing I have about Baylor and the rape scandal:

If Baylor had taken tangible steps to change the culture that led up to the rape scandal in the first place, I could accept that.  Sure, mistakes happen.  It's how you grow, learn, and change for the better that ultimately matters in the end.

But that didn't happen.  Instead, the fanbase blamed the victims, and the administration terminated the head coach and the athletic director, mainly as CYA moves to defend against the civil suits.  I don't see any reason not to believe that another rape scandal will happen there at some point down the road, probably sooner rather than later.  And because of that, I still have a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to Baylor.

So, pretty much...fuck 'em.

Furthermore, nothing would make me happier than for Texas to claim the only Big XII bowl win this season, especially for recruiting purposes.

I don't particularly like having to root for Georgia in this game, but I will hold my nose and say GO DAWGS.

Now with that out of the way, I see that Georgia got thrashed by LSU, and barely scraped by several other teams with a pulse, including aggy.  They also somehow inexplicably managed to lose to Muschamp's Gamecocks this season.  I haven't really followed Georgia enough to know what the underlying issues with them are, but they are going to have to pick it up if they plan on defeating Baylor in the Sugar Bowl.

Fromm locks on his receivers, can't throw real long and will make some bad decisions.  So if the run gets stuffed, Georgia has trouble moving the ball.  Defense, when fully staffed is good.  Fromm had multiple interceptions and their great FG kicker missed relatively easy FGs in both their losses.  Kind of a general all around breakdown in those two games.  Georgia dominated Florida and Auburn the way UT dominated UGA last year.  The scores weren't one sided, but there was little doubt who was the better team those days.

11 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Wouldn’t that be 21?

That last statement was poorly written by me, apologies.

I think Georgia is gonna win a close game, something like 20-17 because of Georgia's OL. If Georgia can't run the ball though, I could see Baylor extending a lead in the 2nd half to win the game by a score of 30-9 or something like that. I don't think this is going to be a repeat of the Baylor / TCU game where it was 9-9 at the end of regulation.

On 12/30/2019 at 2:14 PM, 6th Street said:

Fuck that, never root for the rapists

On 12/30/2019 at 2:20 PM, texifornia said:

Go *sigh* Georgia. Ew.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

Nothing good will make me happier than seeing this shitbag brazos bears shit all over the sec bulldogs. Please happen 

On 12/30/2019 at 7:38 PM, texifornia said:

It's fucking Baylor though. They've poisoned this moment for us all. By raping.

Rhule has worked magic there and seems clean. There's no reason to believe he's brought in more human garbage to assault women and gang rape them. I don't hate the actual team.

On the other hand, Baylor has done nothing that I can see to change a culture that has been in place for decades. I despise that school and every person enabling it. They had better pray that they're wrong about God and Hell.

I'll be inclined to pull for the team to beat Georgia. I'll be sick to think of Baylor people strutting around. Let them win. Let Rhule leave. Let them fail to find a similar replacement. Let us stomp them next year like the vermin that Baylor are.

The tipping point may be Aggies calling on their Cold Fusion Department to prove that Georgia not only didn't want to be there but was actually somewhere else petting that physics cat.

I fully expect Baylor to win this game, but I wouldn't be the least big surprised if a bit like we did last night Georgia came out and knocked their dicks in the dirt.  Baylor's offense has been very Jekyll and Hyde (all those points they scored on OU were primarily thanks to Jalen being a turnover machine) and at some point you would think UGA might want to take a little pride in their bowl approach and defend the fact that they are the third all time winningest bowl team

At least 13 UGA players reportedly not gonna play, no status yet for D'Andre Swift.   Three Offensive starters and three defensive starters:

OL Ben Cleveland (academics), 13 games
    OL Andrew Thomas (NFL training), 13
    OL Isaiah Wilson (NFL training), 11
    OL D’Marcus Hayes (undisclosed), 6
    RB Brian Herrien (undisclosed), 12
    WR Lawrence Cager (ankle injury), 9
    WR Dominick Blaylock (knee injury), 12
    DB J.R. Reed (foot injury), 13
    DB Divaad Wilson (undisclosed), 13
    DL Tyler Clark (undisclosed), 13
    OLB Walter Grant (concussion), 12
    ILB Quay Walker (undisclosed), 13
    DB Tyrique McGhee (undisclosed), 9

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/31/georgia-sugar-bowl/

50 minutes ago, Shaggybevo said:

At least 13 UGA players reportedly not gonna play, no status yet for D'Andre Swift.   Three Offensive starters and three defensive starters:

OL Ben Cleveland (academics), 13 games
    OL Andrew Thomas (NFL training), 13
    OL Isaiah Wilson (NFL training), 11
    OL D’Marcus Hayes (undisclosed), 6
    RB Brian Herrien (undisclosed), 12
    WR Lawrence Cager (ankle injury), 9
    WR Dominick Blaylock (knee injury), 12
    DB J.R. Reed (foot injury), 13
    DB Divaad Wilson (undisclosed), 13
    DL Tyler Clark (undisclosed), 13
    OLB Walter Grant (concussion), 12
    ILB Quay Walker (undisclosed), 13
    DB Tyrique McGhee (undisclosed), 9

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/31/georgia-sugar-bowl/

On the "undisclosed" ones I'll go with weed. I'm probably wrong on this but isn't the only time that the NCAA mandates drug tests for football is right before the bowl season? I mean, schools generally have drug testing programs but they're not required and how the results are handled are strictly up to each school. The NCAA test though requires some action if an affalete gets popped. Also I'm basing this hot take off of how Georgia has played at times, like they was stoned out they gourd and dngaf.

Go Bears.