01.01.2020 - Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs Baylor

El Diablo

32 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Why didn't you go back a third year where they were 6-7 to help your cause more?  Hell let's go back a fourth year when they were 9-2... oh never mind.

This year worst case they will be 6-4, best case 8-2.

I mean if they are so overrated then which conference is better?  This is what gets me, everyone wants to bitch and moan about the hype they get but no other conference is consistently better than them.  Over the last six years they have the best bowl winning pct of the P5 conferences.  Even if they lose their last two remaining games this year they will still have a lead over the Big 10 which is the only other conference with a winning record over that time in bowl games.

You made a dumb post and I called you out on it. No need to get so defensive. 

Other conferences' teams frequently beat SEC teams. That was the point, and it's true. Then there's the other major problem with your logic, the fact that it's entirely possible the SEC is the best football conference from a long term view but that it's also severely overrated by large segments of the media, etc. In fact, that's not just possible, it's actually the case. 

Which causes issues in those seasons where the SEC is not the best conference for that particular single year. Because of the out of control hype train, in those seasons their teams get treated like they are from the best conference when for the purpose of ranking teams for that particular season they actually aren't.

But understanding this requires a certain level of in-depth thinking that you appear unready for. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

Our league lacks talent. We have few teams that can get up to play Texas and OU but their lack of talent becomes apparent when they are matched up against a top tier non conference team.

That is true of pretty much every league except the SEC.  Every league has a couple of teams with elite talent.  SEC has a half dozen.

2 hours ago, WBT said:

Sucks for Brewer, as others said it didn't even look like his head hit the ground particularly hard.

That defender also made contact before his foot landed out of bounds.  The flag was generous toward Baylor.

Are you concussed?  You sure have trouble with your vision.  The first defender made contact.  The second one is the one the flag was on.

47 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You made a dumb post and I called you out on it. No need to get so defensive. 

Other conferences' teams frequently beat SEC teams. That was the point, and it's true. Then there's the other major problem with your logic, the fact that it's entirely possible the SEC is the best football conference from a long term view but that it's also severely overrated by large segments of the media, etc. In fact, that's not just possible, it's actually the case. 

Which causes issues in those seasons where the SEC is not the best conference for that particular single year. Because of the out of control hype train, in those seasons their teams get treated like they are from the best conference when for the purpose of ranking teams for that particular season they actually aren't.

But understanding this requires a certain level of in-depth thinking that you appear unready for. 

Its wishful thinking, but the playoff committee should require each league to have their teams play a minimum of nine conference games excluding a conference championship.  This would force the SEC to greatly modify their scheduling model.   It’s a fricken joke for example it took six years for aggy to play UGA this last season which was the first time they played them since joining the SEC.  

• Like 1

I don't think anyone who watched the Baylor team this year honestly believed they were worthy of their #7 ranking. It was a good season though for a relatively small private school that doesn't appeal to a lot of kids. A good coach can make a difference, up to a point. Only top affaletes can get a program consistently to the next level. There have been major upsets in the past but it's not the norm. Maybe recruiting will improve a bit if Rhule stays around. Glad I went to  bed at halftime. Oof. Charlie, hang up the cleats!

So.....reportedly, Georgia was 13 players short for various reasons.  Does this mean baylor got beat by Georgia's "B"  team?  Well...here's a big ole FUCK YOU to baylor.  So sorry your "statement" game against Georgia's B team didn't work out for you.   

Not really.   :D

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, tonedeaf said:

So.....reportedly, Georgia was 13 players short for various reasons.  Does this mean baylor got beat by Georgia's "B"  team?  Well...here's a big ole FUCK YOU to baylor.  So sorry your "statement" game against Georgia's B team didn't work out for you.   

Not really.   :D

No...Georgia "wanted" to be there this year is the reason.

• Like 2

You the sky is falling people about the Big 12 do realize in bowl matchups vs the SEC we beat them last year.......   They also have 6 more teams.......
No shit. 0-3 vs. The Big12 last bowl season and the narrative never changes. Texas just needs to knock lsu in the dick in September.
  • Like 1

Rhule quotes.  You’ve got to be kidding me.  

On what happened with Charlie Brewer: “They told me as I came in here they were checking his neck, C‑spine. They said he cleared the C‑spine just now. So that’s what they were concerned about, was his neck. Didn’t exhibit any head symptoms. I’m sure they’ll continue to monitor him after this, throughout the night, just to make sure. But there was some concern about his neck and took him off and cleared him from that.”

"Scary when they were holding his head and all that and stabilize his neck. And he’s yelling at them to let go of him and let him go back in the game. He’s just that kind of guy. He’s a great player whose best football is ahead of him.

26 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Rhule quotes.  You’ve got to be kidding me.  

On what happened with Charlie Brewer: “They told me as I came in here they were checking his neck, C‑spine. They said he cleared the C‑spine just now. So that’s what they were concerned about, was his neck. Didn’t exhibit any head symptoms. I’m sure they’ll continue to monitor him after this, throughout the night, just to make sure. But there was some concern about his neck and took him off and cleared him from that.”

"Scary when they were holding his head and all that and stabilize his neck. And he’s yelling at them to let go of him and let him go back in the game. He’s just that kind of guy. He’s a great player whose best football is ahead of him.

I've never seen a player with a suspected spine/neck injury allowed to get up under his own power and ride the cart into the locker room to get checked out.  Brewer looked out of it on the sideline after they stood him up. 

16 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Nice false choice you set up there.  As @Huckleberry pointed out, the SEC can be the best conference and still be overrated. 

The run of seven years of championships with 4 different teams set the narrative.  The thing is, if Clemson wins this year, the ACC will be the first conference to win more than one in a row since 2005 besides the SEC.  And no other conference has had four different teams in the playoffs or championship games, let alone four different teams win the thing.    So the hype from Disney is really unbearable, that is sickeningly true.   But as overblown and annoying as it is, that one stat - the four different champs during the seven years in a row run - is fucking  otherworldly unreal.    We just ride that shit now, no matter the change in strength.   I have to say that the Big-10 is really good.   The Pac-whatever, not so much.  Your conference?  Why you do not win that shit every year, I cannot fathom.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I've never seen a player with a suspected spine/neck injury allowed to get up under his own power and ride the cart into the locker room to get checked out.  Brewer looked out of it on the sideline after they stood him up. 

I saw Jesus do it.

Is anybody really surprised about this situation?  Baylor has been on a win at ANY cost mission since 2010 when they were hours away from being homeless.  The Georgia game as supposed to be a "statement" game for them.  Win this game and they are relevant.  Bigtime football team.  These clowns will never be anything but coattail riders.  They desperately want UT to recognize them as a true "rival" so they can tag along wherever we go.  All the while blaming UT for all the B12 problems.  They are worse than aggy.  They have a good year and they are a national powerhouse.  The simple fact that they were in the CCG should tell you all you need to know about the B12 this year.  And yes, they don't give 2 shits about the rape scandal and they would take briles back in a heartbeat once rhule leaves for the NFL.  Personally I'd like to see him stay awhile and see what he does if/when Texas/OU pick up their game.  They got the bounces this year.  I would love to see Texas separate from these dickheads.  Fuck baylor.   

And they still lost to Georgia's B team.  

• Fuck You 1

On 1/2/2020 at 2:56 AM, Hook1997 said:

You the sky is falling people about the Big 12 do realize in bowl matchups vs the SEC we beat them last year.......   They also have 6 more teams.......

I understand not counting Kansas, but who else are you skipping?  Or are you counting Alabama twice?