Texas @ #6 Baylor- Saturday, January 4th, 7pm on ESPN2

Goo Punch

Baylor played as about as bad as they can play and they beat us by 15.  I want a mid season firing. this fraud deserves it.  This is what happens when you don't make it your mission to get the best coach available and you are married to an agenda.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

Argh, this is painful to watch. Horns can't shoot tonight from the field or the charity stripe

this doesn't shock me at all. we have guys that suck as basketball players and their coach is even worse.  they get worse as shooters when they get on campus.  the guy is all hat and no cattle.  complete fraud and has no business being in a P5 conference, much less the #2 conf.

Just now, dcar00 said:

Baylor played as about as bad as they can play and they beat us by 15.  I want a mid season firing. this fraud deserves it.  This is what happens when you don't make it your mission to get the best coach available and you are married to an agenda.

This is also what happens when a costly extension is given after just one season.  Just beyond fucking stupid decision.

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Just a brutal game by both Febres and Jones.  

they are both completely average division 1 basketball players.  that they have completely shitty games is not surprising.  they should be playing about 10 min a game in a healthy top 25 program.

It does really remind me of the level of coaching, aggressiveness, and basketball iq i saw in a low level high school game last year ... in that game parents were yelling at their kids on the court about what to do...

Sims and hepa were the only guys who fought and played like they really cared to be on the court tonight ..and hepa had zero points ...

I’m certain every coach in the conference is dying to play us... looks like we have maybe 4-6 wins left in the tank this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

No, it is hubris.  Texas doesn’t want to admit their stupid decision.  

no, we had to let him ride a bit after we fired Charlie.  this university works differently than a lot of others.  people are way more concerned about things other than winning.

5 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

This is also what happens when a costly extension is given after just one season.  Just beyond fucking stupid decision.

The 2 responsible really don't care.  Perrin and Fenves just love that Shaka is a great mentor to the kids.  He doesn't upset them and makes losing fun.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

no, we had to let him ride a bit after we fired Charlie.  this university works differently than a lot of others.  people are way more concerned about things other than winning.

Not sure about that either.  But Strong cost money, Herman is costing money and may cost quite a bit more.  Can't blow a big multi-million nut on a sport only some diehards have ever given a fuck about.

And, although the buck stops with Fenves, I don't think it's fair to saddle him with this.  He's not over-involved with athletics as was Powers.

Perrin was a smart, well-meaning, but ultimately amateur AD who was unable (if anyone was) to look behind flavor of the month hires in Shaka and Herman.

Edited by TwiceHorn

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Totally agree. They should fire Smart and Aston the same day to make it more PC. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not sure about that either.  But Strong cost money, Herman is costing money and may cost quite a bit more.  Can't blow a big multi-million nut on a sport only some diehards have ever given a fuck about.

Strong is the football coach and was under .500 and losing to Kansas. they had to fire him.  but Shaka is being kept around for appearances.  we need about 4-5 wins total in conf to get him fired.

I think 8-10 and even if we miss the tournament, he's back.  we have pussies running this show.  His best team was Barnes last team.

Edited by dcar00

Strong is the football coach and was under .500 and losing to Kansas. they had to fire him.  but Shaka is being kept around for appearances.  we need about 4-5 wins total in conf to get him fired.

I think 8-10 and even if we mist the tournament, he's back.  we have pussies running this show.  His best team was Barnes last team.

Well we ain’t doing 8-10

I think 8-10 and even if we mist the tournament, he's back.  we have pussies running this show.  His best team was Barnes last team.

Ha ha ha.  To get 100 people in that new arena, they are going to have to give free tickets away at the local nursing homes.

Just now, dcar00 said:

It's not appearances.  Outside this board, and maybe a couple hundred or thousand diehard fans, no one gives two fucks about Texas basketball.  We were good fairweather fans during most of Penders and Barnes' tenures, but fairweather fans don't pony up millions of dollars to shitcan a basketball coach when there are football coaches to hire and fire.

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

Well we ain’t doing 8-10

that's what gives me hope.  I don't see any way they win 8 games but 6 or 7 might have CDC kick the can down the road.  good that we won't have to buy aston out. and we can wait a couple of seasons on baseball.

that's what gives me hope.  I don't see any way they win 8 games but 6 or 7 might have CDC kick the can down the road.  good that we won't have to buy aston out. and we can wait a couple of seasons on baseball.

Baseball is going to be awful.  I can't take the incompetence.  That fat ass Perrin was as bad as Patterson.

Heck, I'm to the point where I may hope Texas loses the next 10-11 games in-a-row in hopes Shaka is fired mid-season around the 1st of February...

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not appearances.  Outside this board, and maybe a couple hundred or thousand diehard fans, no one gives two fucks about Texas basketball.  We were good fairweather fans during most of Penders and Barnes' tenures, but fairweather fans don't pony up millions of dollars to shitcan a basketball coach when there are football coaches to hire and fire.

we have the money if that is the way CDC wants to spend it. I agree that there is much lower BMD interest in basketball.