Texas @ #6 Baylor- Saturday, January 4th, 7pm on ESPN2

Goo Punch

Didn't even bother tuning in because we obviously never had a chance. Even in some of Shaka's early years (with some of RB's players), there was at least the chance we'd get an upset against a top ranked Baylor/OU/Kansas team. Now, it just feels like we are not only bad, but can't really compete.

The apathy has fully set in.

1 minute ago, Goo Punch said:

we went to this lineup when Coleman got his second foul with 2:06 remaining in the 1H. *Literally* every possession we had the rest of the half resulted in a turnover. 

How dare you criticize Wing Attack Plan R!

Might not work so well against Babtists, but it's hell on Rooskies.

• Like 1

nope. i'm dead serious- we are that poorly coached/aligned. we would literally just be adding more fuck-up to an already fucked up situation. we have zero difference makers and the worst game plan in CBB. this right here is what separates us from blue bloods- Shaka would have been personally run out of town by any fan base that gave a single fuck about basketball. that's why he took this job. he knew he might suck and he didn't want to get canned the moment he was found out. and we're the fucking suckers who hired and then extended him. fucking god damn it shit fuck cunt bitch. fuck. 

From the last 2 years of Weltlich through 10 years of Barnes, I missed exactly 1 game (all home games live, many road games and either watch or listen to the rest). For the past 3 years, I have seen or heard exactly 0 minutes of Texas B-ball live. I might catch some highlights every 10-15 games. Apathy is real. 

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

nope. i'm dead serious- we are that poorly coached/aligned. we would literally just be adding more fuck-up to an already fucked up situation. we have zero difference makers and the worst game plan in CBB. this right here is what separates us from blue bloods- Shaka would have been personally run out of town by any fan base that gave a single fuck about basketball. that's why he took this job. he knew he might suck and he didn't want to get canned the moment he was found out. and we're the fucking suckers who hired and then extended him. fucking god damn it shit fuck cunt bitch. fuck. 

I played in a city league where our team had lost about 20 in a row over 2 years. We were video game making nerds against firemen, jocks and police guys. One game only 4 showed up for the other team. We beat that ass*. Don’t sell that extra guy short. I think even Shaka could win 60% of the time. 

*in the company newsletter it wasn’t mentioned that it was 5 on 4...

• Like 1

And what makes this sadder is that Sims played really well.  So do opposing coaches get nights off  before playing Texas? They certainly don’t have to be concerned with contesting offensive schemes and they can put their weakest defenders on Texas non mobile wings. 

Sims played with fire and pride.  Hepa played with the hustle and fire expected of college player, though his stats were sparse (probably due in part to the fact he got zero meaningful minutes in a real game until about 10 games into the season).  The most introverted guy on our team and the guy who had every reason to check out after getting no minutes early in the season stepped up.

Coleman is a plus on the court.  

Sims' play was the only thing keeping things remotely watchable from a Texas perspective.

The rest of the team needs to be running sprints today.

Add those 3 guys who showed up in Waco to any other team in our conference and you have a team that can take the #2 spot in our conference and make a run into the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament.

The rest of team is a hot mess of soft play, lack of development, minimal sense of time/situation, and wanting to get their three point shots up.  Guys like Ramey, Hamm and Kai have shown glimpses of the right attitude.  Baker, Williams, and Cunningham have not seen enough time to get any feel for the college game or be expected to offer any real contribution this year.  AJ is best in an off the bench role until he gets stronger and shows the desire/ability to play smart with 100% effort on both ends of the court.

Liddell has gone from showing promise to being a complete WTF.  He doesn't seem to have a clue what position he is playing or what he is supposed to be doing on either end of the court.

Febres is way too soft to be playing anything other than a 10 min a game, shooting guard role off the bench... maybe as a 8th man.  Living and dying by his 3 point shot is asinine.  I'd get it more if he was a huge, motivating, aggressive personality and strong defender, but his defense and rebounding are 2nd string Lady Longhorn on a good day.  He's becoming the next Eric Davis, Jr who gets paraded out at the expense of other players' development on the hope that he taps into his twice a year scorch the nets effort.

For reasons unknown, Hepa suddenly exited the doghouse and is getting real minutes and showing he deserved then all along.  Time to give some other guys real time.  At this point, I've ever up for spinning the wheels on Cunningham in Febres' role for a game or two to see what he has.  I'd also try something nuts like running Hepa at SF and Jai / Hamm at PF.  Our guard stacked line-ups are not cutting it.  Hell, maybe run Baker and Sims at the same time and play a 3-2 zone for a bit on defense.

Let Ramey backup Coleman and fight with AJ and Febres for SG minutes.

Bench any player who jacks up a contested brick 3 pointer early with more than 3 seconds on the shot clock.

If we lose any more games to a team that shoots 31% overall and 29% from the 3 point line, I think you need to fire Shaka and his "offensive coordinator" and let Yaklich and his choice of fill-ins ride the rest of the season out.  We can't be worse on offense with him running the show.

• Like 3