The Beth Mowins Appreciation Thread.

TeddyBearStallion

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Beth Mowins?  I mean it could be worse, we could be playing Mack Brown Bingo.  

This is the thread where you say something nice about Mrs. Mowins.  

I'll start this off.   I actually don't mind her voice during morning games.  I'm actually curious how different the Beth Mowins experience would be during an evening game?  Like a cup of coffee (or bucket of ice water while still in bed)....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Beth Mowins?  I mean it could be worse, we could be playing Mack Brown Bingo.  

This is the thread where you say something nice about Mrs. Mowins.  

I'll start this off.   I actually don't mind her voice during morning games.  I'm actually curious how different the Beth Mowins experience would be during an evening game?  Like a cup of coffee (or bucket of ice water while still in bed)....

Raises hand.  

I believe she's been a part of the MNF DH on opening weekend for ESPN. 

Edited by Underdog

You and the other wimmenz don’t mind, I reckon.

I did try to listen to the amazon alternate NFL stream with Hannah Storm and some chick. Gave up after 3 plays.

It just ain’t natural. Has nothing to do with their knowledge of the game. I just don’t want to hear my wife/mom talk football.

• Like 7
  • Fuck You 1

Doesn't bother me any more than others. Main criticism is her voice inflection sounds really forced and unnatural. There are several men who have the same problem. I know announcer voice is different than speaking voice for these people, but the good ones make the announcing voice sound conversational, as though maybe they really talk that way. She is one who appears to be trying too hard--again, several men are the same way.

A positive, she is not as bad as others who just talk for the sake of talking--she's pretty focused on describing the action with some color. I've been watching some college basketball and Fran Fraschilla is the fucking worst. Never fucking stops, rarely is talking about what is actually happening on the court, and everything is a strong over the top opinion or story about someone tangibly related to the teams or people playing. Just shut the fuck up every now and then and discuss the actual game going on in front of you, geez. 

Edited by 'stache

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Doesn't bother me any more than others. Main criticism is her voice inflection sounds really forced and unnatural. There are several men who have the same problem. I know announcer voice is different than speaking voice for these people, but the good ones make the announcing voice sound conversational, as though maybe they really talk that way. She is one who appears to be trying too hard--again, several men are the same way.

A positive, she is not as bad as others who just talk for the sake of talking--she's pretty focused on describing the action with some color. I've been watching some college basketball and Fran Fraschilla is the fucking worst. Never fucking stops, rarely is talking about what is actually happening on the court, and everything is a strong over the top opinion or story about someone tangibly related to the teams or people playing. Just shut the fuck up every now and then and discuss the actual game going on in front of you, geez. 

Voice inflection seems fine to me. Agree with the rest of your post. 

9 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I just clicked onto the football board to see if anyone else was bitching about her.  Horrible, she is.

watching nfl live.  when she's on during the season i try to find another game.  if her game is must-see i turn the sound way down.  under no circumstances will i watch an exhibition with her announcing.

44 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Pretty sure she's Lowell Galindo's sister.

She's a zillion times more knowledgeable than Galindo.  That, combined with her sense of when to STFU makes me like her.  As far as the female voice goes, you just gotta get over it.  I'll admit I struggle with that myself.

3 hours ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

I'm actually curious how different the Beth Mowins experience would be during an evening game? 

I’m guessing it would involve her drinking more alcohol and leaving much larger bruises on your ass. If you’re lucky, she’d turn you around so you could watch the game.

Edited by Casual Encounter
Puppies..

She's ok as an announcer. Agree she sounds forced but no more than Tessitore, who somehow stumbled his way to the MNF gig. That dude's voice grates on my soul...probably because he was the one who said we were back.

Anyway, I don't mind Beth. There is much, much worse out there.

• Like 2