The Beth Mowins Appreciation Thread.

TeddyBearStallion

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

She's ok as an announcer. Agree she sounds forced but no more than Tessitore, who somehow stumbled his way to the MNF gig. That dude's voice grates on my soul...probably because he was the one who said we were back.

Anyway, I don't mind Beth. There is much, much worse out there.

Tessitore should be sent to Gitmo.  Mowens just has an irritating accent. 

E:  Mowins?  Whatever. 

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

11 hours ago, TeddyBearStallion said:

Am I the only one that doesn't mind Beth Mowins?  I mean it could be worse, we could be playing Mack Brown Bingo.  

This is the thread where you say something nice about Mrs. Mowins.  

I'll start this off.   I actually don't mind her voice during morning games.  I'm actually curious how different the Beth Mowins experience would be during an evening game?  Like a cup of coffee (or bucket of ice water while still in bed)....

Yes.  You are the only one.  The only thing I can say good about her is she isn't as much of an idiot as the guy she was paired with on that UK-VT game.

22 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

You and the other wimmenz don’t mind, I reckon.

I did try to listen to the amazon alternate NFL stream with Hannah Storm and some chick. Gave up after 3 plays.

It just ain’t natural. Has nothing to do with their knowledge of the game. I just don’t want to hear my wife/mom talk football.

I could listen to Hannah all day.  And I don't know what type of idiot that ESPN guy was who didn't think she looked hot in that tight skirt and boots at age 45.

The voice activates my Lunatic Dreyfus eye twitch but what she has to say is usually not bad(i) at  low volume (ii) in a halfway decent game (iii) not involving Alabama.  Agree with earlier poster who disliked Mowins's color analyst in UK/VT game, Rocky Something Loud Yakker.  

Constant facetime of Bud Foster was sad in that his swansong defense never found a way to stop the Ky's Tom Matte QB offense.  

The game was interesting and Beth's patter never offended enough to make me switch to natgeo Wild Japan episode of juvenile macaques riding sika deer like little jockeys.

4 hours ago, Bama Llama said:

The game was interesting and Beth's patter never offended enough to make me switch to natgeo Wild Japan episode of juvenile macaques riding sika deer like little jockeys.

Does that episode have a catchy tune? Now I'm wondering what that would be like with Beth calling the action.