Your 5 Favorite Basketball Players OF ALL TIME

Uncle Boobs

1. Manu. Even non-Spurs fans... google old-school Manu highlights.  Even stuff pre-Spurs.  He's that good.

2. Duncan.  Especially early Duncan.  The 1st 2 titles.  MVP.

3. MJ.  He was must watch tv.  I grew up watching him. Can you imagine a channel (back then) that had every MJ game on cable?  I'm in.

4. KD.  As a Spurs fan it's been hard to watch KD knock us out of several playoff series.  The 2014 Spurs title was nice because it was revenge over KD, Westbrook, ... in the western conference and then revenge over LeBron.

5. David Robinson.  This is a hard one.  I could have Sean Elliott over Robinson but The Admiral was the face of the team when I really started being a fan of the Spurs.

• Like 1

Dream
Clyde Drexler
Vernon Maxwell
Mario Elie
Robert Horry
Honorable mention: Otis Thorpe, Kenny Smith, Matt Bullard, Carl Herrera.

How has nobody include Big Shot Bob/Rob on their list?
Dude has more rings than anyone not on the Russell era Celtics teams
Ahem...

Mine...

Ovie Dotson

Abe Lemons

Tyrone Branyan

Denton Cooley

The 1977-78 Horns.

Fuck you Deloss you sack of shit.

Fuck you Eddie Sutton you rotted maggot infested sack of shit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 5:39 PM, Gut Wagon said:

Dr. J

Clyde Frazier

Pistol Pete

The Admiral

Manu 

*Not that anyone cares, but I picked my five before checking any of the other replies. Carry on....

Can't remember what episode it was, but it was a special on Pete Maravich was on the "SEC Storied" program.  Sheesh what a hell of a life that guy lived.

One part detailed how he and a friend were shooting free throws.  His friend made 12 in a row, after which Maravich made 178 straight.  His friend still claims Pete missed on purpose on 179 so they could go home.

Edited by SHOOTER12

young Olajuwon was my favorite player, ever.   He was great later, too, but his shot blocking at UH was so fantastic and then when he came to the NBA he was such a great and tenacious offensive rebounder.  As Moses Malone told him, you can't score without the ball, so he busted his ass to get the ball.

Dirk would be no 2.

Edited by bularry1

Dream

Moses

Drexler

Magic

Dan Roundfield (Dating back to the days when the only NBA you could see were Hawks games on TBS.)

Honorable Mention: Kurt Rambis because back in the day I was a scrappy white frontcourt who could not jump and played with sports goggles. All the brothers called me Rambis.

Rockets top 5:

Hakeem

Yao

Sam Cassell

Mario Elie 

Otis Thorpe 

Non rockets:

MJ

Magic

Lebron

Shawn Kemp

Kevin Garnett

Texas top 5:

terrence rencher

kevin Durant 

pj tucker

gabe muoneke

Tj Ford 

Most Hated:

john stockton

karl Malone 

danny ainge

Charles oakley

bill laimbeer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
CSB alert- my FIL beat his and Ron Harper's ass in a charity HORSE tournament at Roger Staubach's house in the early 90s.

CSB alert- I’ve played on that court a couple of times. It’s very nice, but there is this big oak tree right in the middle of it. You have to be aware of it when back peddling on defense.
  • Haha 1

Wilt 

Oscar

Bird

Pistol - Could you imagine him in college with the 3 point shot.  I think he averaged 50 one year with just 2's. 

Kareem

Kinda surprised not much love for Kareem and how much love for Iverson.  

AI was my favorite post-MJ player until the 2010's. But now, 10+ years of looking at basketball a little more objectively, it's harder to ignore the many, many flaws. Still love the dude, but it's hard to even imagine the sheer number of "haters" he'd have today. A sub 6' tall 40% volume shooter who doesn't play defense, or practice, or watch film, or work out, and fights with his coaches. You can sorta see why his era almost killed the NBA, while simultaneously admiring the fuck out of his heart.

On 4/11/2018 at 12:01 AM, TexArcher said:

Dream

Clyde Drexler

Vernon Maxwell

Mario Elie

Robert Horry

Honorable mention: Otis Thorpe, Kenny Smith, Matt Bullard, Carl Herrera.

I gave you pos rep, but maybe I should have negged you for leaving out Sleepy Floyd and Sam Cassell. 

• 2 years later...