Ghosn desides House Arrest in Japan is just a suggestion, manages to escape to Lebanon

AUS-97HORN

8 hours ago, BBQ2Bayou said:

I can't understand greed of this magnitude. What was this guy's legit salary? 20, 30, 40, 50mm a year? 

lol, nobody knows because it was never reported in the annual reports.  motherfucker set all the executive pay without oversight of board-based compensation committee, or audit committee

1 of the accusations was that he and his croney backdated and forged, and otherwise falsified , metrics to award himself an extra $50m or so in retirement.

in the press, he says that can't possibly be true, and he shouldn't be arrested because:

(1) it's not a fixed/guaranteed payout (no shit, it's metric-based, metrics that you engineered and backdated)

(2) he didn't get a cent from it (no shit, because it's written to your retirement pack, not your 2018 pay)

(3) it's not a criminal or arrestable offense anyway, but only in Japan where they conspire against him.

Yeah, sure, it's all untrue even though the SEC charged his ass with the same thing and he *reached a settlement with them*.  Because that's what innocent people do, pay $1M for something they had no involvement in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Errestaurants said:

So did the guy actually do something worth the ass kicking he was getting in Japan? Serious question. 

Probably depends on your personal  beliefs regarding CEO’s/c-suite compensation/global business ethics.

I think he is a narcissist that resurrected a moribund Nissan and Renault. There are significant nationalistic politics involved in both organizations that made the “Alliance” a sticky situation.  I don’t believe that anything I have heard him being accused of would result in the same consequences ,even ASSUMING GUILT, in very many other situations.

• Like 1

Probably depends on your personal  beliefs regarding CEO’s/c-suite compensation/global business ethics.
I think he is a narcissist that resurrected a moribund Nissan and Renault. There are significant nationalistic politics involved in both organizations that made the “Alliance” a sticky situation.  I don’t believe that anything I have heard him being accused of would result in the same consequences ,even ASSUMING GUILT, in very many other situations.
Definitely not in the US. CEO's are untouchable here.

16 hours ago, 52-80 said:

1 of the accusations was that he and his croney backdated and forged, and otherwise falsified , metrics to award himself an extra $50m or so in retirement.

in the press, he says that can't possibly be true, and he shouldn't be arrested because:

(1) it's not a fixed/guaranteed payout (no shit, it's metric-based, metrics that you engineered and backdated)

(2) he didn't get a cent from it (no shit, because it's written to your retirement pack, not your 2018 pay)

(3) it's not a criminal or arrestable offense anyway, but only in Japan where they conspire against him.

Yeah, sure, it's all untrue even though the SEC charged his ass with the same thing and he *reached a settlement with them*.  Because that's what innocent people do, pay $1M for something they had no involvement in.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/23/ex-nissan-ceo-ghosn-settles-sec-charges-over-undisclosed-compensation.html

He paid a mil, Nissan 15.  And the SEC is pretty lax, so the violations must have been egregious in terms of proof.