Fuck This Decade: Texas vs. #11 Utah 6:30 on ESPN

msucolt45

1 minute ago, alphahorn said:

I know this is the popular stance here.  but what happened is we're pretty healthy for the first time since game 1. we started the year with 8 new starters on D and we lost 8 players on D in the first 3 weeks of the season.  

We get that, but the scheme at time was ass my dude. Adjust to your best available players and TO refused to do that.  

Just now, alphahorn said:

I know this is the popular stance here.  but what happened is we're pretty healthy for the first time since game 1. we started the year with 8 new starters on D and we lost 8 players on D in the first 3 weeks of the season.  

injuries is some of it but Orlando never adjusted to what we had left.  he kept putting our DB's in bad positions for no reason.  we have guys out today against a much better team than TCU and ISU and we look competent. this D beats both of those teams.

I am not willing to give Orlando's idiocy a pass for the injuries.  I'm betting Orlando goes back to G5 and never is a high level P5 coordinator again.  dude is a "playmatcher/gambler".  Good OC's fuck those kind of guys up.  

As soon as teams and OC's had tape on him(after the first year) they fucked him up. same as Manny fucking Diaz.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

Players not knowing how to tackle is inexcusable. It can only happen if the coach doesn't emphasize it. Orlando doesn't prioritize teaching his players fundamentals. He prioritizes his schemes, looks and blitzes. Tells them to just put their foot in the ground and play fast. Some of his game strategies weren't bad and he had some success with that. But it would all work a lot better if he'd taught and demanded sound fundamentals. And he damn well better make sure the 2nd stringers get coached on that too.

Edited by sith_horn

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

They are bitching about the refs.  They later realize it's a SEC crew and are now confused.

I'd go with some SEC crews in the Big 12.  they don't call pussy ball and will actually call OL holding when it is obvious.

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

Players not knowing how to tackle is inexcusable. It can only happen if the coach doesn't emphasize it. Orlando doesn't prioritize teaching his players fundamentals. He prioritizes his schemes, looks and blitzes. 

Makes you wonder if it isn't a problem with pulling guys up from non-P5 programs.  When you lack talent you need to be exotic, when you have talent, you can actually just rely on fundamentals.

Without looking at the actual rule, I don't think that's true. 
My understanding is that only 3 things matter.  
  1. QB under pressure
  2. No realistic chance to make a completion
  3. QB in pocket
The "no realistic chance of making a completion" is subjective, though. At the time he threw the ball I'm not sure he knew the reciever was cutting off the route. If the receiver continues downfield it's a possible completion. The rule is designed to prevent QBs from obviously throwing the ball to nowhere to avoid a sack while in the pocket. I don't think it can be certain that's what was happening.

But it's similar to a targeting ejection when a defender aims for the chest and a receiver lowers his head and it ends up being helmet to helmet. There was no intent to target the head, but it happened so it gets called.

Makes you wonder if it isn't a problem with pulling guys up from non-P5 programs.  When you lack talent you need to be exotic, when you have talent, you can actually just rely on fundamentals.

There is nothing mutually exclusive about tackling and running a lot of looks and unusual packages and blitzes.

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

this. Tom is still coaching like he's G5 as well.  take the 3, make a stop after the half and go score a TD and end the game.

10 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

injuries is some of it but Orlando never adjusted to what we had left.  he kept putting our DB's in bad positions for no reason.  we have guys out today against a much better team than TCU and ISU and we look competent. this D beats both of those teams.

I am not willing to give Orlando's idiocy a pass for the injuries.  I'm betting Orlando goes back to G5 and never is a high level P5 coordinator again.  dude is a "playmatcher/gambler".  Good OC's fuck those kind of guys up.  

As soon as teams and OC's had tape on him(after the first year) they fucked him up. same as Manny fucking Diaz.

And his scheme fuck, putting players out of position and playing intellectually instead of instinctively is what caused all the fucking injuries.

9 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

Players not knowing how to tackle is inexcusable. It can only happen if the coach doesn't emphasize it. Orlando doesn't prioritize teaching his players fundamentals. He prioritizes his schemes, looks and blitzes. Tells them to just put their foot in the ground and play fast. Some of his game strategies weren't bad and he had some success with that. But it would all work a lot better if he'd taught and demanded sound fundamentals. And he damn well better make sure the 2nd stringers get coached on that too.

sound fundamentals beat TCU. Maryland, and ISU.  maybe not OU or LSU but the first job is to beat Maryland, TCU, ISU every time.