Fuck This Decade: Texas vs. #11 Utah 6:30 on ESPN

msucolt45

Great effort by the defense.  Obviously Ossai, but Roach and Graham played really well.  Secondary had a good night too.  

There's reason to have hope on the defense side with the young guys like Ossai and Coburn anchoring the line.  

4 hours ago, kopp0e said:

The Utes came to party y'all...

Huntley is a good a QB and apparently a strong team leader but wow is he a terrible public speaker. The difference between him and Moss is noticeable and it's not the first interview that he's been less than amazing in.

That said, he looks crushed, which speaks to much he cared about the game.

1 hour ago, Rockwell Torrey said:

Ingram was a beast last night.

It took him getting benched again before he started playing well. At the beginning of the game he looked terrible. He only seems to play well when his pissed off. The team captains need to make a habit of ensuring he’s angry before each game. 

Edited by Casual Encounter

42 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

It took him getting benched again before he started playing well. At the beginning of the game he looked terrible. He only seems to play well when his pissed off. The team captains need to make a habit of ensuring he’s angry before each game. 

Good point, but it doesn't have to be a team captain...

rexfeatures_5885209ab.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

In the postgame Roach said they installed basically a whole new defense where his and Ossai’s job was to set the edge and funnel everything to the linebackers. What a concept.  

Orlando considered this during the year, but didn’t understand it, so we went back to setting the edge with a Db playing at depth. 

Truly impressed with Cort Jaquess tonight. The kid had 5 tackles and 1 solo. Was a walk-on that got on scholarship this year. And played some special teams but mostly was a scout teamer. That kid fucking balled out and showed great tackling skills. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, NoctambulantBrobdingnagian said:

fuck, dude, you didn't learn it for your own daughter?

that's cold

My ex and I sign just fine. It's the rest of our respective families who didn't bother to learn. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

🤘

Edited by bolverk

Truly impressed with Cort Jaquess tonight. The kid had 5 tackles and 1 solo. Was a walk-on that got on scholarship this year. And played some special teams but mostly was a scout teamer. That kid fucking balled out and showed great tackling skills. 

That was impressive watching him. I was sitting there and had to google his jersey number

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

Had to miss most of the game.  From what little I saw the defense looked really solid.  

What were the main differences?  Looked like we stopped doing delayed blitzes and instead put a lot of pressure on the qb 

We did a few delayed blitzes, but mostly the QB was down or had to get rid of it by the time they got there.

What was most impressive was all the 3 and 4 yard losses they had running the ball.  There was a LOT of penetration.

Well done, Horns.  Very hard to believe this defense played in five losses.  Texas players appeared bigger, stronger, faster and badfer assed across the board.

Utes reminded me of Bama in Sugar Bowl vs Utes several years back.  Whupped, I say!  Whupped up and down the got damned field.

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Play of the Game was Jamison's first big punt return that set up the Horns 1st TD!!

Hook'em D'Shawn!!! 🤘

That run was a thing of beauty.

10 hours ago, ShowMeALoss said:

If he is invited to the combine when he leaves the 40 acres, maybe he can skip the vertical jump drill and show this picture instead.

The ute corch watching on the left was left with a gaping mouth, the others just looked dead inside.

19 minutes ago, bullet said:

There was a LOT of penetration.

Yes sir there certainly was and your mom was A LOT of fun.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

Had to miss most of the game.  From what little I saw the defense looked really solid.  

What were the main differences?  Looked like we stopped doing delayed blitzes and instead put a lot of pressure on the qb 

looking at the video upthread, Utah's formations usually had only 1 or 2 WRs -- very old school so Texas was putting 7 or 8 defenders in the box allowing for physical domination.  Spreads with 3-5 WRs are a different animal.

2 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

Let me explain.  Wait, there's no time.  Let me summarize.....

No Orlando.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Chopper said:

That run was a thing of beauty.

The ute corch watching on the left was left with a gaping mouth, the others just looked dead inside.

Yes sir there certainly was and your mom was A LOT of fun.

You have a thing for 90 year olds with walkers?

Proud of our guys last night.  Looked like a completely different team than the one that lost five games this season, including to a down TCU team.

Ossai was a grown ass man out there, imposing his will all over the Utah line.  Man, that was fun to watch.

Naivar did a hell of a job with installing the new defensive scheme and putting our guys in positions to succeed.  I think blitzing is a good call in certain situations, but Orlando's over-reliance on it burned us far too many times this season.  I really liked what I saw on D last night.  Utah had no answers for it.  I'm hopeful Naivar had some input into the hiring of Ash, and they will align well into next season.

If the guys can continue to bring it like this next season, I think some really good times are ahead.  Sadly, I thought this after we kicked Georgia's ass last season, too, and we all know how that turned out.  But this feels different somehow.  Like a much younger team where the light has finally started to come on.  Here's hoping...

14 hours ago, dcar00 said:

we also don't get the ball after half which is why you take the 3. we will need that 3 before the game is over.

I thought so too. 

13 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Utah getting their dicks knocked in the dirt

Troof 

13 hours ago, KCHorn said:

Boys I got a crazy idea but hear me out. Texas to PAC12? Fuck I thought this game was going to go a lot worse than this so far

This talk not going away. 

13 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

All y’all celebrating a win way too early.

Apparently not. 

13 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Here comes Herman turtle game mgmt

Thank god no

13 hours ago, Modessit said:

08b148da902499f45ff09c47eaedfe4f.jpg

Hahahahahah 

13 hours ago, The Dude said:

image.thumb.jpeg.239f12987297972274f0e1e7f87e0d76.jpeg

oops

Ha

2 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Wtf wasn’t he on the field more? Dude kicked ass. 

In the postgame Roach said they installed basically a whole new defense where his and Ossai’s job was to set the edge and funnel everything to the linebackers. What a concept.  

Several of us armchair QB‘s started harping about this early in the year, and every game after for the rest of the year. It was maddening. Just think how ridiculous it is that joe fan can see such obvious issues while the coaching staff has their thumbs up their assess.

According to King Herman, the supposed “professionals” are oh so much more sophisticated than us dumb ol’ fans that we couldn’t possibly understand the intricacies of their complex football schemes.

Well this just proves that most of these guys are a bunch of lug heads who’ve stumbled into lottery paydays as coaches solely because of the pay structure of college football, not because they are particularly gifted. A big chunk of these guys wouldn’t even be able to perform in a normal job and would part of the group that companies always try to push out the door. Dipshits.
  • Like 1

Coaches in general are the epitome of dunning-Kruger. It’s a bunch of meatheads doing the only thing they have any grasp of, and thinking that success is because they are smarter than the other meatheads. If the success goes away, it can’t be because I’m not smart, it must be some other agent of chaos. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Colonel Mustard said:

Appears the full game in 32mins is already up if you need another hit

Thx for posting this!!

Rewatching, and reminded of Sugar Bowl last year -- Utah offensive style similar to Georgia so Texas Defense matches up better.

Unfortunately not a fair test for Naivar as DC -- Utah offense SUCKS compared LSU or blOU.

• Like 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Thx for posting this!!

Rewatching, and reminded of Sugar Bowl last year -- Utah offensive style similar to Georgia so Texas Defense matches up better.

Unfortunately not a fair test for Naivar as DC -- Utah offense SUCKS compared LSU or blOU.

Yeah, unfortunately we rarely face these more traditional offenses in the B12.