Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

19 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm going to wait for a little more confirmation that an article by a 2021 Duke law grad. on Forensicnews.net, but terrible if true. 

Could be Russian misdirection or whatever, but could be tied to this and the lawsuit ruling from last month

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/08/28/business/deutsche-bank-trump.amp.html

30 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I'm going to wait for a little more confirmation that an article by a 2021 Duke law grad. on Forensicnews.net, but terrible if true. 

Good call.  I'm going to wait for more confirmation than what my own eyes, ears, and brain have already known for years.

2 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Is that a question or a request?  Interesting issue. If foreigners die at Trump properties at the hands of Iranians, would the US go to war to protect Trump’s personal assets?  

We know the answer. 

Actually, I DO have an interesting question -- what's the insurance like on those?  For example, many policies have a terrorism/act of war exclusion.  If that's the case, then blow up a Trump tower, and the ownership group eats the loss.  But, you can buy a rider that would COVER terrorism or acts of war.  For properties with "Trump" on them, I would think the premium would be, ummm...high.  From an insurance coverage and actuarial risk assessment perspective, it's kinda interesting.  And I try to find interesting diversions to think about these days.  Because the primary plot line SUCKS.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Actually, I DO have an interesting question -- what's the insurance like on those?  For example, many policies have a terrorism/act of war exclusion.  If that's the case, then blow up a Trump tower, and the ownership group eats the loss.  But, you can buy a rider that would COVER terrorism or acts of war.  For properties with "Trump" on them, I would think the premium would be, ummm...high.  From an insurance coverage and actuarial risk assessment perspective, it's kinda interesting.  And I try to find interesting diversions to think about these days.  Because the primary plot line SUCKS.

How great would it be if companies dropped him from coverage, as any damage from weather or war/terrorism/protest would be due to his negligence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Everyone sleep well tonight. 

While I don't know the makeup of his group of super best friend prayer pals, I'd be remiss in not pointing out that not all evangelicals have a theology that includes literal Armageddon/rapture fantasies.  Sky cake, sure... but it doesn't have to get baked in the Middle East.

• Like 2

I, for one, CELEBRATE this attack that took out a warmonger who believes that God has ordained his country's leadership with divine blessing for armed conflict to take on a rival nation. Enough of these violent theocrats supporting violence in the name of God!

Wait...what's that?

What did Pompeo say?

He was asked if "President Trump right now has been sort of raised for such a time as this, just like Queen Esther, to help save the Jewish people from an Iranian menace".

"As a Christian, I certainly believe that's possible," said Mr Pompeo, a former member of Congress for Kansas and CIA director.

"I am confident that the Lord is at work here," he added.

Oh....

Furk.....

• Like 5

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Huh? What evidence is there of that? Does that include actions taken with the assistance of U.S. special forces?

I'm also hearing allegations on CBS News that he was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Americans. I'd like to know who, when, and where. Americans in Iraq have been advancing the interests of the Shi'ites over the Sunnis and it's been my understanding that the latter were responsible for the overwhelming majority of Anerican deaths in Iraq. That article mentions him supplying IEDs used against American troops in Iraq. Really? That's the first I've heard about that. Other than just trying to kill Americans as a matter of principle, I'm not sure what the goal there would be. He mentions that it was 2007 so maybe it was to help convince the Americans to leave? I thought the Iraqis handled that well enough with the Status of Forces Agreement signed in 2008 that required the withdrawal of U.S. troops. 

I'm going to need a better explanation of exactly how he's responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Americans. 

I think it's widely accepted that Iran helped certain factions in the insurgency, and that there were quite a few Shi'ite insurgents.  The neocons went into Iraq to knock off nominally-Sunni Saddam, and predicted that this wave of freedom would inevitably spread to Iran.  Maybe some Iranians applauded the toppling of Saddam, and maybe some were concerned about the predictions it might have had for Iran, but you can pretty much guarantee that after Saddam's government fell, they all wanted to make damn sure they were part of filling that vacuum. Iran needed the US out to better fill that vacuum, and they engaged in a proxy war against the US to make that happen. (Which was entirely predictable.) 

But who the fuck cares.  

You don't end wars, proxy wars or otherwise, by continuing the violence after things have settled down.  And Iran was hardly the only actor in the violence.  Currently al-Sadr's political party is leading the coalition that controls the Iraqi parliament.  He previously was a leading force behind the Mahdi army who killed a lot more Americans than Iran did.  Are we going to kill him - a major leader in a duly elected party?  You know, because "eye for an eye" is such sage advice in ending Mideast violence. And what about leaders of Sunni militants?  Are they next on the list?  

I'm worried about what happens next with Iran.  But I am even more baffled about what they thought would happen with Iraq.  We just pushed them into Iran's arms.  Any benefit we think we may have gotten from the Iraq War is officially gone.  Those 600 American soldiers we claim the Iranians killed? We just made damn sure they died for nothing.  So fucking stupid, and based on this idea that we have the right to settle old scores from a war we were starting to put behind us. 

• Like 1

Just now, BradInATX said:

Not remotely concerning. There is a zero percent chance Trump gives a shit what any "evangelical advisors" think or say. He is not religious in the slightest.

There's a 100% chance that every one of the dominionist nutbars in his sphere of influence can play him into taking whatever action they want him to take.  He's the most easily manipulated world leader of our lifetime.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's a 100% chance that every one of the dominionist nutbars in his sphere of influence can play him into taking whatever action they want him to take.  He's the most easily manipulated world leader of our lifetime.

I doubt it. Trump respects dictators and the uber-wealthy, not a bunch of zany religious zealots. I'm sure he looks at them the same way he looks at his blue-collar base - useful idiots.

There's a lot to be concerned about. This isn't one of them. Chicken little nonsense like this is part of the reason the impeachment, which covers valid crimes that should have him expelled from office, is going over like a lead balloon. The media, Twitter, and some democrats have overplayed their concern hands, and now it's all been tuned out by the general public.

Edited by BradInATX

Any journalist could easily debunk this Evangelical bullshit and embarrass Trump in the process at the next open-air "impromptu" press pool, 
"Mr. President, are you concerned at all that some will see this retaliatory strike against Iran as part of the biblical prophecy where America fights Persia before the end-times?" 

That you're asking him about biblical prophecies involving America and who/what is Iran... would never occur to him.  

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

I doubt it. Trump respects dictators and the uber-wealthy, not a bunch of zany religious zealots. I'm sure he looks at them the same way he looks at his blue-collar base - useful idiots.

There's a lot to be concerned about. This isn't one of them. Chicken little nonsense like this is part of the reason the impeachment, which covers valid crimes that should have him expelled from office, is going over like a lead balloon. The media, Twitter, and some democrats have overplayed their concern hands, and now it's all been tuned out by the general public.

So, Mike Pompeo has no influence?  Interesting.  Trump's desire to be beloved by his fawning, fellating base of Falwell, Franklin Graham, etc. has no bearing?  Also interesting.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, Mike Pompeo has no influence?  Interesting.  Trump's desire to be beloved by his fawning, fellating base of Falwell, Franklin Graham, etc. has no bearing?  Also interesting.

Mike Pompeo is another in a long line of people that Trump brings into his fold, chews up and spits out as a empty husk, moves on, and acts like he's never heard of. 

He doesn't care what Pompeo thinks. He doesn't care what Jerry Falwell thinks. He cares what they can do for him. You don't have to twist everything to fit your narrative; there's plenty of real stuff to worry about.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Mike Pompeo is another in a long line of people that Trump brings into his fold, chews up and spits out as a empty husk, moves on, and acts like he's never heard of. 

He doesn't care what Pompeo thinks. He doesn't care what Jerry Falwell thinks. He cares what they can do for him. You don't have to twist everything to fit your narrative; there's plenty of real stuff to worry about.

Exactly - he cares about what they can do for him.  And what does Dotard care about/what does he want them to do for him?  One thing: adoration/ego-stroking.  Where does he get it?  A riled up base, chanting his name at rallies and shit.  And who delivers that base?  Yep. the fundagelicals.  Dotard needs them to love him.  He needs it like the rest of us need oxygen.  His Israel-fellating and embassy-moving shows us that he's plenty willing to pander to that crowd, to earn their love.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Exactly - he cares about what they can do for him.  And what does Dotard care about/what does he want them to do for him?  One thing: adoration/ego-stroking.  Where does he get it?  A riled up base, chanting his name at rallies and shit.  And who delivers that base?  Yep. the fundagelicals.  Dotard needs them to love him.  He needs it like the rest of us need oxygen.  His Israel-fellating and embassy-moving shows us that he's plenty willing to pander to that crowd, to earn their love.

I hear you, and the fact that Donald Trump is now intertwined with and is considered a hero of the evangelical movement is so absurd that it reads like satire. But I think you've got it flipped. There's a reason all of those pastors come in and pray for Donald Trump and fellate him publicly. They need him more than he needs them. I'd bet good money that if Trump came out tomorrow and said "Jerry Falwell is a bad guy and loves Satan, but Joel Osteen is a tremendous person", Osteen would have millions of new followers instantly.

Don't get the religious power hierarchy of 2020 twisted. Trump is the boss, and the pastors are the capos. 

• Like 1

Has anyone here not been blown by Joel Osteen?  

I mean, NTTAWT, he's pretty good at it.  Big ears to hold on to as well.  I enjoyed it.  

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

This is 100% correct, but if he thinks their ideas or suggestions will indeed benefit him he will absolutely follow them down whatever path they go. Plus they know he's all about himself and they will use that to convince him that this will get him what he wants. He is so easily manipulated if you understand how to play him. 

This is 100% correct, but if he thinks their ideas or suggestions will indeed benefit him he will absolutely follow them down whatever path they go. Plus they know he's all about himself and they will use that to convince him that this will get him what he wants. He is so easily manipulated if you understand how to play him. 

That’s actually what Book of Esther reference is about. She was Jewish, but didn’t have any direct power. She manipulated the non-Jewish king into killing the enemies of the Jews. Trump is the King, not Esther. Nobody believes Trump is religious, they just know they can manipulate him into killing their enemies. If he knew anything about the Bible, and wasn’t a complete idiot, he’d realize it’s not very flattering.

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

Annndddd, in his dotage he will be led to believe that he is the instrument of God perhaps divine himself. You don't think that will appeal to him as he decides how far he is willing to go to avoid the coming shame of the impeachment trial and likely defeat in the general election?

You are the God King, Mr. Trump. Act as such and all of heaven will be yours. Decorated in garish gold with many mirrors and portraits of you.

21 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Trump apparently called Coach Ed O after their victory over Oklahoma and Coach O, foolishly, publicly thanked him for doing so. Big mistake tempting with karma and God like that. 

I previously thought LSU was gonna win the NC this year in New Orleans but now, after this development, I’m fairly certain Clemson is gonna win instead. 

Saints fans better be on high alert for more trump developments. He could jeopardize my Saints super bowl prediction. 

• Like 1

Does Trump know how much easier an equity raise is than a non-secular conventional war in the most logistically difficult theater in the Northern Hemisphere?  I mean, I know he's burned lots of cap stack bridges over the years and had to resort to shitty term sheets and multiple bankruptcies...but I assure you Mr. President-there are easier ways to prop up your failed real estate holdings.  We can get you in what's called a "Work-Out Group"..don't worry, there won't be any exercise.  

The only good news from this is at least the 5-10% of his voter base that is fiscally competent (jokes aside, he has a few successful voters), will look at this and realize it is a wildly expensive way to prop up a dying brand model.  What's more is it will cost the lives of many of the children of his dumbass base.  Senseless death does occasionally sour the palate of even the most idiotic and bloodthirsty Americans.  

Trump was rocking a 42% approval among military folks a few weeks ago, thanks to abandoning the Kurds, among other things.  

I can't imagine what this will do to that approval.  Probably a few thousand families of the 82nd Airborne troops heading over that won't be big Trump fans in North Carolina, come election time.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

not to interrupt the holy war here, but i was thinking about this as well, and finally catching up on the last couple pages.

there's a conversation worth having about which properties he actually "owns" vs which are just licensing the trump name.  99% of the world probably assumes he owns them all, and i would think those licensing agreements might be worth getting out of if they become targets.  would anyone consider staying at a trump property right now outside of the u.s.?  or inside the u.s.?

in a totally separate conversation, i wonder too about the insurance implications of both - especially considering we already know he's committed insurance fraud dozens of times.  if i was part of a group that owned a building that licensed the trump name, and that building got attacked, then not only would the insurance seem to be tricky, but there's probably grounds for a suit.  not personally or currently while he's president, but since he "separated himself from his company" (yeah right) then i wonder if the company would be exposed.

lots to talk about, none of it is good.

8 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump attended one of LSU’s games and LSU won without the opponent taking the lead.

That was because the Alabama home crowd gave trump a standing ovation at that game. Of course LSU benefitted from that. 

Recently however Coach O took a congratulatory phone call from trump and went public with it. While not as dangerous as what Bama did, he’s playing with fire here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’d argue the curse is subject to the fan response to Trump.  Cheers or booos from the represented fan base.  

If trump attends the national championship game, it may all come down to which fan base cheers or boos trump more when they show his fat pasty orange ass on the big screen. Given the neutral setting, it might be tough to judge. 

However the game is in nawlins and Clemson has won the title recently much more than LSU so the crowd is likely to be vast more majority Cajun. They want it more and it’s in their backyard. 

So if his fat as shows up when they show trump looking fat in his maga hat on the screen and the crowd cheers, LSU loses. If the crowd boos, Clemson loses. I’m getting my in game line bets ready. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

would anyone consider staying at a trump property right now outside of the u.s.?  or inside the u.s.?

I give Trump Tower in Chicago the middle finger every time I happen to walk near it and I often see others doing it, too. 

Sometimes I will even give the finger to the employees in the lobby if I'm walking directly past it, and judging by their blasé reactions, I suspect that they're probably used to it. 

• Like 2

If trump attends the national championship game, it may all come down to which fan base cheers or boos trump more when they show his fat pasty orange ass on the big screen. Given the neutral setting, it might be tough to judge. 

However the game is in nawlins and Clemson has won the title recently much more than LSU so the crowd is likely to be vast more majority Cajun. They want it more and it’s in their backyard. 

So if his fat as shows up when they show trump looking fat in his maga hat on the screen and the crowd cheers, LSU loses. If the crowd boos, Clemson loses. I’m getting my in game line bets ready. 
So you're saying if you want your "Tigers" to win, you need to be on the side that boos the loudest.

Challenge accepted Tiger fans?

Anybody else read "Tropic of Kansas" when they talk about the evil President and the domed stadium-turned-prison?

Edited by Lobo