Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's really impossible to fully grasp the evil of sanctioning Iraq because of the President's personal insecurity after everything we've done to them.

Our new national motto: "No matter how bad it is, we make sure that it gets even worse."

I've said it here 100 times -- there is no bottom.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Our new national motto: "No matter how bad it is, we make sure that it gets even worse."

Literally nothing Trump has done has surprised me except for this threat to impose crippling sanctions on Iraq. I guess I just didn't have enough imagination. 

I started to type out something like "the second he floats cancelling the election he needs to be 25th'd", but he will do it, and Lindsey Graham and Turtle will say "the president has the absolute right to cancel the election" and then nothing will happen. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I started to type out something like "the second he floats cancelling the election he needs to be 25th'd", but he will do it, and Lindsey Graham and Turtle will say "the president has the absolute right to cancel the election" and then nothing will happen. 

Didn't you hear? Article II of the Constitution gives the President unlimited authority. Turns out our founding fathers were trying to establish a monarchy, we just didn't know it. That damned George Washington fooled us. 

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Literally nothing Trump has done has surprised me except for this threat to impose crippling sanctions on Iraq. I guess I just didn't have enough imagination. 

Maybe that's something I'll give this admin credit for: they have shown us how important it is to think creatively and with imagination when trying to anticipate what the bad guys will do.  Seriously, lack of imagination is what can get your ass kicked in an adversarial context.  Thinking that the other side will act with sanity and reason works just fine...until your opponent is unhinged and unreasonable and does 5,000 "Crazy Ivans" a day.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The current Senate is 100% opposed to the continuing Republic of the survival of the Constitution.  They would, this very second, rush to their voting buttons for a proposal to scrap the Constitution, scrap all elections, and install each of them as Senators for Life to serve the Emperor for Life, Donald J. Trump.  The sooner we the people understand that not only is the Senate not working FOR our interest, but is actively working AGAINST it, the sooner we have a shot -- however slim it might be -- of recapturing power.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

They have already floated the "dotard deserves a 3rd term because Dems are mean" idea.  There was a reason behind that.

It's not a guaranteed safety net, but it appears that not even Trump's SCOTUS nominees are so craven as to rubber stamp actions that are completely contrary to the Constitution.

It's one thing (for instance) to diminish Roe V Wade.  It's another thing entirely to allow a 3rd term or any of the other apocalyptic end games being floated about. 

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's not a guaranteed safety net, but it appears that not even Trump's SCOTUS nominees are so craven as to rubber stamp actions that are completely contrary to the Constitution.

It's one thing (for instance) to diminish Roe V Wade.  It's another thing entirely to allow a 3rd term or any of the other apocalyptic end games being floated about. 

C'mon man, haven't you learned better than this by now? In the event such a matter gets to SCOTUS, it won't be until late in the 3rd year of Trump's second term at the earliest. Imagine what will be left of our democracy by then. By that point, if their choice is between more Trump or a commie Democrat that wants to tax the rich so people can afford healthcare, they'll absolutely side with Trump. Disenfranchising and disempowering the rabble has been Roberts' life work and he's the fucking swing vote. They'll wring their hands about how it appears to be a violation of the Constitution, but rule that it's ultimately a political question that lacks a judicial remedy.

21 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

FDR wasn't that long ago. Never say never, especially in the age of Trump. It can't happen here? The fuck it can't.

Nothing is sacred, nothing is safe. That includes Chief Justice Roberts swearing in a duly elected Democratic President. It's the era of improvisational amateurism, weaponized ignorance, and strategic incompetence. Add craven lawlessness to the mix and anything is possible. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There is the joke about the man who falls off the observation deck of the Empire State Building. An office worker is looking out an open window when he sees the man dropping toward him.

The office worker shouts, "What's it like?"

The falling man replies, "So far, so good!" as he zooms downward.

Gentlemen, I give you the MAGA bloc. In Brisket's eternal free fall happy as clams at high tide.

Trump is the Messiah of Idiot World.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

There is the joke about the man who falls off the observation deck of the Empire State Building. An office worker is looking out an open window when he sees the man dropping toward him.

The office worker shouts, "What's it like?"

The falling man replies, "So far, so good!" as he zooms downward.

Gentlemen, I give you the MAGA bloc. In Brisket's eternal free fall happy as clams at high tide.

Trump is the Messiah of Idiot World.

I rewatched the Lord of the Rings trilogy over the weekend. Finished it up last night. That reminds me of the smile on Gollum's face, his precious in his hands again at last, while he plummets into the fires of Mount Doom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Exactly, they are challenging and defeating every check and balance because no one in a position to stop them by conventional means has the balls to risk their power, career or life to do so.

So what the fuck are you (the proverbial all of us you) going to do about it?

For myself, I can say I’ll donate to the opposition, vote like it matters and bitch like a motherfucker on the intardnet.

Better men and women wouldn’t settle for that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The sooner we the people understand that not only is the Senate not working FOR our interest, but is actively working AGAINST it, the sooner we have a shot -- however slim it might be -- of recapturing power.

But, but we already have the power.

wp-1457025847440.gif?w=400

And we like using it.

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Exactly, they are challenging and defeating every check and balance because no one in a position to stop them by conventional means has the balls to risk their power, career or life to do so.

So what the fuck are you (the proverbial all of us you) going to do about it?

For myself, I can say I’ll donate to the opposition, vote like it matters and bitch like a motherfucker on the intardnet.

Better men and women wouldn’t settle for that.

My legs are good enough to take to the streets. Strange that the women's march in 2017 hasn't been repeated. I hoped they would lead the way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The current Senate is 100% opposed to the continuing Republic of the survival of the Constitution.  They would, this very second, rush to their voting buttons for a proposal to scrap the Constitution, scrap all elections, and install each of them as Senators for Life to serve the Emperor for Life, Donald J. Trump.  The sooner we the people understand that not only is the Senate not working FOR our interest, but is actively working AGAINST it, the sooner we have a shot -- however slim it might be -- of recapturing power.

This is what is commonly referred to as “Peak Brisket”

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This would be a good time to remind folks that the Republicans have won the popular vote in a Presidential election once in the last 30 years.  And that was during the height of a war.  Democracy is not something that helps them retain power.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tuco said:

This would be a good time to remind folks that the Republicans have won the popular vote in a Presidential election once in the last 30 years.  And that was during the height of a war.  Democracy is not something that helps them retain power.  

Well that's not quite fair. You are hinting at the fact that people should have all the power, let's see what the land has to say about that. Land: care to weight in here?!? Land. Land. You there? Is there not one acre out there that wants to defend themselves? 

3 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

Well that's not quite fair. You are hinting at the fact that people should have all the power, let's see what the land has to say about that.

How is that not fair?  A democratic government structure would have realized vastly different executive branches at certain points in our lifetimes.

We don't have a classic democracy for a reason, and W/Trump are clearcut examples of it, but did those election results actually make things better?

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think that's the plot to the Phantom Menace. The only differences are that Stephen Miller has already turned into Vader and Trump is infinitely dumber than Palpatine. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

How is that not fair?  A democratic government structure would have realized vastly different executive branches at certain points in our lifetimes.

We don't have a classic democracy for a reason, and W/Trump are clearcut examples of it, but did those election results actually make things better?

It was a joke. I was pretending that land could talk, which it cannot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Donald Trump is retarded. 

But so are posts like this. 

Please don't be like Donald Trump. 

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

nothing will happen, and 99%+ of Republicans will support it.

I'm glad we're leaving, and Trump be dammed, but I'm seriously remembering this as the "Third" time we have officially left Iraq in the last 10 years.  

Remember the convoy going back into Kuwait with the handmade roadsign that said, "Last one out, turn off the lights!"  

But yeah, I think this one is for reals and final.  And Trump will moronically take credit for it.  Even though, you know...Iran.

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

Trump gonna run on the claim of having ended the Iraq war.

There is no quest that he’ll take credit for pulling the troops out of Iraq. 

”some people say we were forced out. We didn’t get forced out. We were stuck there because of a terrible deal that obama made. His deal was a bad deal. Some say it was worse than the deal he made with Iran that I got us out of. We were giving Iraq billions and billions of dollars and guns and bombs and I got us out of that deal, something a lot of people tried to do for a long time but couldn’t. I said I was going to get us out of Iraq and I get so many letters from families of soldiers thanking me for leaving Iraq.”

Edited by heso
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I rewatched the Lord of the Rings trilogy over the weekend. Finished it up last night. That reminds me of the smile on Gollum's face, his precious in his hands again at last, while he plummets into the fires of Mount Doom. 

Spoiler that shit, damnit.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1