Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Chooky said:

The 5 Gallon Bucket O' Taters that you can crap in imarket s peaking. My current rube fleecing scheme is in the idea stage. Right now all I have is ranch style beans poured into condoms. Survival condoms you can use after you finish your peas. I'll hone it down to easier shipping. 

Is it a tactical condom?  Laser sight, accessories rail, etc.?

23 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

But first first, the tax cut is going to pay for itself.

i still can't believe we ran a $984 billion deficit in 2019 during the "greatest economy in the history of this country" - and Republicans, of all people, are silent on the matter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, yoladu said:

i still can't believe we ran a $984 billion deficit in 2019 during the "greatest economy in the history of this country" - and Republicans, of all people, are silent on the matter.

I was arguing with a Trumpkin this morning, and pointed out that the deficit and debt are both expanding rapidly under Trump, and that he had promised to eliminate both.

The response?  "He still has 5 years to get it done."

The mind boggles.  So after 3 years of abject waste and net-negative economic policy, they think Trump is still going to keep his campaign promises.  I offered a $100 bet with the money going to a charity of the winner's choice, but no dice.  Funny how that works.

Did this obviously very learned Trump supporter also happen to have a working knowledge of how compounding interest affects our debt after three years even if Trump gets it cleaned up in five?

12 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Did you recently buy some oceanfront property in Arizona?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Did this obviously very learned Trump supporter also happen to have a working knowledge of how compounding interest affects our debt after three years even if Trump gets it cleaned up in five?

Well, he is fond of telling me he has a masters degree in economics, so I assume he has the math all worked out.  (I should note that you've surely never heard of the fine institution he attended, but let me just add that they declared bankruptcy in 1989.  After a miraculous turnaround, I'm sure they now rival University of Chicago as a heavyweight school of economics.)

34 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Republicans are too busy condemning all the endless wars the... *checks notes* Republicans started.  

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I was arguing with a Trumpkin this morning, and pointed out that the deficit and debt are both expanding rapidly under Trump, and that he had promised to eliminate both.

The response?  "He still has 5 years to get it done."

The mind boggles.  So after 3 years of abject waste and net-negative economic policy, they think Trump is still going to keep his campaign promises.  I offered a $100 bet with the money going to a charity of the winner's choice, but no dice.  Funny how that works.

Sounds to me like he knows he was conned, but refuses to admit it.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sounds to me like he knows he was conned, but refuses to admit it.

That's exactly it.

"He still has 5 years to get it done" = "Tomorrow's the big day"  Conned people almost always react the same way: instead of acknowledging reality and cutting their losses, avoid embarrassment by insisting that you were right all along, and everyone else is gonna be sorry they ever doubted you. We are being governed by an admin elected by a bunch of April and Billy types.  Now, we just gotta figure out how Louie Anderson figures in.....

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Republicans are too busy condemning all the endless wars the... *checks notes* Republicans started.  

A friend of mine posted this rather simplistic (although largely accurate) quip on Facebook:  "Republicans start wars, Democrats end them."

First Trumpkin out of the gate:  "FDR was a Democrat."

It was a legitimate coffee-out-the-nose moment for me.  Then another Trumpkin tried to say that in fact, FDR *had* started WW2 when Japan attacked a US Navy vessel on the Yangtze River in 1937.  Uhhh . . . 0-for-2 there, guys.  "Being attacked" is not "starting a war".

12 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

A friend of mine posted this rather simplistic (although largely accurate) quip on Facebook:  "Republicans start wars, Democrats end them."

It was a legitimate coffee-out-the-nose moment for me.  Then another Trumpkin tried to say that in fact, FDR *had* started WW2 when Japan attacked a US Navy vessel on the Yangtze River in 1937.  Uhhh . . . 0-for-2 there, guys.  "Being attacked" is not "starting a war".

I’ve almost completely cleaned my fb of trumpkin morons. A couple are still around, but they post very little and I’m not that active on it anyway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Being attacked" is not "starting a war".

It's not that simple.  The US was waging an economic war on Japan before Pearl Harbor by cutting them off from a number of resources including Oil so I don't really think it's as simple to say that nothing FDR did led to Pearl Habor.  However, I also don't think that means he made a mistake in not wanting to support the Empire's war machine which was committing a number of war crimes. 

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Your friend is an idiot.  But he does beg the question—-why did the US attack The Reich?   I don’t recall them attacking our shores.  

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’ve almost completely cleaned my fb of trumpkin morons. A couple are still around, but they post very little and I’m not that active on it anyway

Mine has self-cleansed.  The majority of the Trumpkins no longer post anything political.  We'll see if it ramps up during election season.  They're back to posting pics of their dogs and what their kids are up to.  

I like keeping them around just to see what's going on in their heads.  The last week or so has included a lot of "Dems hate 'Murca cause they love Iranian generals!!" and other such genuine frontier gibberish.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Your friend is an idiot.  

I don't know the person who posted that, and they definitely aren't "my friend".

But he does beg the question—-why did the US attack The Reich?  

Because Germany declared war on the United States?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Your friend is an idiot.  But he does beg the question—-why did the US attack The Reich?   I don’t recall them attacking our shores.  

Well, Hawaii isn't contiguous, but I think that the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor probably deserved a response. We certainly didn't think it was over.

Edited by NWBuck
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Mine has self-cleansed.  The majority of the Trumpkins no longer post anything political.  We'll see if it ramps up during election season.  They're back to posting pics of their dogs and what their kids are up to.  

I like keeping them around just to see what's going on in their heads.  The last week or so has included a lot of "Dems hate 'Murca cause they love Iranian generals!!" and other such genuine frontier gibberish.

Mine that were reaching Linda Graham levels of fellating Trump are strangely silent these days.   Maybe they aren’t compromised.   

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

If I did that it'd just be my wife and I posting back and forth to each other.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:51 PM, atomheartbevo said:

October 6, 1980.  He wanted us to attack Iran then.

Why were people interviewing that shitpickle (h/t Bama Chick) in 1980?  JFC.

Of course, it was Rona Barrett on some precursor to Entertainment Tonight.

Edited by TwiceHorn

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Why were people interviewing that shitpickle (h/t Bama Chick) in 1980?  JFC.

Of course, it was Rona Barrett on some precursor to Entertainment Tonight.

Trump was all big balls and saying that the US should have gone in and blah, blah, blah. But that asshole would be the last one to fight and wouldn’t give a shit how many died. Just as long as he made his money. And his kids are just exactly like him. 

Edited by Brandywine

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Because Hitler was always known to keep his word?  Stalin would like to have a word with you - well, he's dead but you get the point.

Yeah, actually they weren't compelled if Japan attacked a third country; only if Japan were attacked by a third party. As it turned out, Hitler had his bad idea jeans on that day. 

7 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Yeah, actually they weren't compelled if Japan attacked a third country; only if Japan were attacked by a third party. As it turned out, Hitler had his bad idea jeans on that day. 

He had them on often, his fuckups doomed them when they clearly had the upper hand in several situations 

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The micromanaging in Russia was pretty staggering. 

He had a chance to kill lots of French and British troops if he didn't stop his attack.

Also the battle of Britain, and countless other missteps.

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The micromanaging in Russia was pretty staggering

How did this quote twice?.