Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

49 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Jim Bakker is evil incarnate. 

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Remember that time when Jim Bakker went to prison for fraud?  

Yes, yes I do. The years of golden armed chairs and floral arrangements, mascara and hair spray that could hold a credit card, and Jim caught in the affair with Jessica Hahn ultimately revealing the two sets of books kept for the ministry and payoff. He cried like a baby before he was sent off and those tears were kept in a vault at PTL and are now used to make bucket taters. I don't think 'loving Trump' proves anything other than one will now be added to Jim Bakker's email list for gullible marks.

These Utah Republicans and their pesky concerns about preserving a democracy are becoming a pain in the ass for the GOP.

They should be welcomed into the Democratic Party like Bob Corker and Jeff Flake should have been. Whatever the politics of the nominee it makes no sense at all for the Democratic Party to have ideological litmus tests and it never did until fairly recently.
It was only when it became a party with an ideological base that it fell out of more or less permanent majority.

Laura Ingraham accidentally goaded Trump into a huge lie by trying to help him sell his case.  She forgot that simple conversations and softball exchanges is typically where the fat man lights himself on fire.  Kind of a rookie move for a bullshit veteran like Laura.  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

They should be welcomed into the Democratic Party like Bob Corker and Jeff Flake should have been. Whatever the politics of the nominee it makes no sense at all for the Democratic Party to have ideological litmus tests and it never did until fairly recently.
It was only when it became a party with an ideological base that it fell out of more or less permanent majority.

I don't recall the Democrats rejecting appeals by Corker and Flake to join the party. 

What is the ideological base of the Democratic Party and when did this supposed transition occur?

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Every political party has an ideological base.

When Trump lets his guard down he comfortably shifts to saying really dumb shit because he's dumb as shit.  He's at his best when he's withdrawn and defensive.  And that's only because he's careful, but even then he says dumb shit.  But when he's confident and feeling good with an interview he'll go full potato.  Hannity knows Trump is dumber than a monkey fucking a gourd and edits his interviews and releases them later.  The hosts of 'Fox and Friends' get constipated expressions on their face when Trump starts free wheeling with them because they know that at any moment he's capable of admitting to a crime.  Trump's staff hasn't realized that there's no such thing as a friendly sitting.  If they were smart they'd refuse to ever allow him to be interviewed by anyone other than Chuck Todd.  

• Like 3

I don't recall the Democrats rejecting appeals by Corker and Flake to join the party. 
What is the ideological base of the Democratic Party and when did this supposed transition occur?

The ideological base (but not the majority) of the Democratic Party is a progressive left coalition. It used of be an economic base.

Every political party has an ideological base.

No. The GOP always has. The Democratic Party has very diverse ideological factions but was an economic base coalition from the 30’s until the 90’s.

It’s still true today mostly: Republican voters vote Republican because they believe stuff, and Democratic voters vote Democrat because they want stuff.

7 hours ago, Goredho said:

I voted for Dubya once.  I came to view that as a mistake but he was a valid President who tried to steward the country as best he could, albeit disastrously.

Trump is not a President or statesman at all.  He’s not a leader that independent people would willfully follow.  He’s 1 part entitled rich kid, 2 parts Christian Bale’s character from American Psycho and 3 parts Cletus’ inflamed sense of societal rejection.  That’s it.  His only skills are a lust for conflict, a self-confidence that is as unshakable as it is unwarranted, a savvy understanding of base human nature, a knack for media manipulation and a complete void of conscience that allows him to operate unconstrained by ethics or morality.

Whatever dubious success he has had is because of those qualities. He’s never won anything, only rigged it so he couldn’t lose.  Never led anyone, only coerced them to do what he wants.  Never made anything great, just played with it for a bit, fucked it up, then lost interest and moved on when it threatened his narcissists self-image.

Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now, birtch!  Great post.

8 hours ago, Goredho said:

Yeah, that one is complicated.  I do think he honestly believes he’s a genius, called upon by a higher power and the best President that ever graced America with his leadership.  I think the root of his incessant lying is because his self-image is so diametrically opposed to reality.  He has to manufacture a reality that supports his view of himself and feels extremely uncomfortable when anything threatens it.  It’s why he has to go to LSU v Bama after the World Series, kill an Iranian general before impeachment can be ramped back up, tell everyone his inauguration was the biggest, etc...

I think it ties into what Red Five said - Trump isn’t quite consciously aware of his insecurity, and everybody around him is afraid of telling him to tone it down on twitter and in speeches.  

• Like 1

Has anyone ever bothered to tell Trump, that yes you received 62mm votes.  But as a percentage of human beings in our borders aged 18-118...you are falling well short of 40%.  

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

we all know that every single Republican who said they “do not approve” of Trump in those polls will vote for him anyway. 

Piggybacking on this, and tying into my insecurity comment - Trump's obsession with polls is another solid indicator that he's insecure as hell.  If he was as popular as he tries to convince people that he is, he wouldn't need to be telling people, but I can't decide if he's doing that for the benefit of his followers, or if he's trying to convince himself.

In fact, from a political point-of-view, it may serve his best interests to be posting stuff that would make his base feel like he's slightly behind and that every one of their votes is going to count when the time comes.  If he keeps pushing this notion that he's as popular as he claims, some of his base may get complacent and skip voting.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think it ties into what Red Five said - Trump isn’t quite consciously aware of his insecurity, and everybody around him is afraid of telling him to tone it down on twitter and in speeches.  

toilet paper trump GIF

They won't even tell him he had toilet paper on his fucking shoe, do you think anyone has the balls to tell him to tone it down on twitter?

• Haha 1

A middle aged white woman from Florida named Karyn who still competes in beauty pageants..... I cannot conceive of a more on brand and perfect elevator pitch synopsis of a Trump supporting grifter who steals government money from their own dying mother.

Enjoy prison ya rotten cunt.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Hmmm, let me see if I've got this for my 'who do I want to vote for 2020 checklist.'

America has returned to ignoring Ukraine's battle for a free and fair democracy against Russian intervention and resubsumation or control in order to profit from state owned energy resources. Check.

The  militarization of domestic police forces in order to maintain control over undesirable populations (homeless, brown people, more brown people, did I mention brown people?) and social agitators has continued with express and expedited approval of the AG and DOJ. Check.

Despite most public education campuses serving K-12 populations having a "moment of silence" in order for students to participate in accordance with their PRIVATE beliefs as part of the morning/daily routine, prayer in schools is to be returned due to Christian persecution. Check.

Asylum seekers are separated from each other and kept in cages or sent back to wait in a camp along the Rio Grande. Check.

American military personnel who may be of uncertain immigration status due to parents are deported despite serving honorably. Check.

Military soldiers are sent as mercenary oil protection units for foreign interests who may or may not have supplied the President with personal funds but for sure at least one has written a check for $1 billion dollars. Check.

Refugee totals admitted are reduced including numbers of people who provided aid and essential services to American military personnel. Check.

Despite refugee totals being reduced, some states refuse to welcome said refugees. Check.

Since refugees and immigrants are a drain on American social services (despite evidence that immigrants are an economic driver for the US), the denial of entry should provide more social services and additional health care assistance to American citizens. Oops, interception of social services assistance by GOP Karyns has thus revealed a new policy change for Americans. Your Social Services dollars are now being routed directly to GOP members, thank you for your service!  Check!

Oh, but my 409K looks pretty good.

What a tough decision!

17 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That interview wasn't perfect, that is for sure. The declaration of how much Saudi Arabia et al are paying for US soldiers is stark.

Hail to the sociopath-in-chief running our government like a business.    A war under Trump would be interesting:

“They kept draping flags over these coffins and would give them to the wife, mother.  Perfectly good, beautiful flags...

Why?  What do they need a flag for?  It was costing taxpayers millions, so I got rid of it.  Gone.  No other President would do that...

Why?  Maybe they were crooks, got kickbacks.  I don’t know..  Bush, Clinton, Obama.  All of them.  They just let it happen.  Never questioned it.

Why?  They didn’t have what it takes.  They didn’t have what I have.  The BALLS and the BRAINS to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!”

TrumpCrowd.jpg.cf.jpg

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1