Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

9 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Vince hasn't had top billing in a successful film since 2006.  And in the last decade, he has even been failing to land good comedic sidekick roles.  There is really nothing to boycott.

Exactly my point.  He's a non-starter.  Who cares?

These people, filled with hate, are always the ones who live to be 99 for some reason. Like their hate fuels their life force. Fox News is keeping them alive or they’d just die 

That’s the opposite of true. Anecdotally it happens like a 102-year old lifelong smoker, but it doesn’t work that way.

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Monty Capuletti was a revered presidential photographer until he took some unflattering shots.  He was lucky to shoot kids' school photos after that.  Wasn't even easy money.

On 1/12/2020 at 7:22 AM, Nope said:

This needs more attention.  I'm reminded of a passage from "A Sand County Almanac" by Aldo Leopold:

"Fragrant little chips of history spewed from the saw cut, and accumulated on the snow before each kneeling sawyer. We sensed that these two piles of sawdust were something more than wood: that they were the integrated transect of a century; that our saw was biting its way, stroke by stroke, decade by decade, into the chronology of a lifetime, written in concentric annual rings of good oak...

It took only a dozen pulls of the saw to transect the few years of our ownership."

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 2

On 1/13/2020 at 3:44 PM, BrickHorn said:

“Last time I was visiting I looked around and said ‘Wouldn’t it be nice to have some bats living here?’  There didn’t used to be so many bats in Austin.  Maybe a few.  But now I’m told millions of bats live under the Congress Street bridge.  Millions. The Democrats talk about the environment but they don’t mention that I brought millions and millions of bats right here to Austin.”

”You know, nobody ever used to talk about Stevie Ray Vaughan.  I thought that was wrong.  I said ‘You know, people don’t know this but that Stevie Ray Vaughan is pretty good at guitar. Someone ought to build him a statue.’ And they did.”

“It used to be, computers didn’t exist.  So I called Michael Dell and I said ‘You know what would be nice? If you could drop out of school and start making computers.’ He didn’t know what that was, so I told him.  And the next thing you know, everyone has a computer.  A lot of them are made by Michael Dell, right here in Austin.”

”The Hill Country is nice.  I always thought hills were nice.  They’re nice, right?  I’m glad I talked them into putting those hills out there.”

”They didn’t used to have Tex-Mex.  It was either Tex, or it was Mex.  No in between.  So I called up my friend, my Mexican friend.  I have a LOT of Mexican friends.  You never hear about them because the Fake News media won’t talk about all my Mexican friends.  And I called him and I said ‘Hey, what’s with just the Mex? Why not find a nice Texan and work together and call it Tex-Mex?’ And I think we all agree it’s pretty good, those enchiladas.  They’re good.  I’m glad he took my idea and did the enchiladas.”

Well done.  Not near enough "bests" though.

Factbase uses AI to transcribe the President's speeches, so occasionally the first draft contains errors in syntax etc, but the light bulb speech last night during the rally was pretty good:

If you want to know somebody said, Oh sir, don't mention the light bulb. You know it's hard to make an elegant speech. I got brought back the light bulb, so the new light bulb cause (cost) you're five times as much and it makes you look orange and I was more interested in the orange than I was in the cross (cost). But you know what, if you want to have it and you know the new bar, I don't know if you see it it's on there, it's a hazardous waste that, when that bulb ends you're supposed to take it to a certain dump and gingerly put it in Because it's loaded up with gases - that's it. I said to somebody today in environmental protection.

Do you suppose anyone at the rally truly believes that the President even knows how to change a light bulb much less ever done so?

And his hair!  He needs lots of water for his hair!

You go into a shower and I have this beautiful head of hair. I need a lot of and you go into the shower right. You turn on the water drip drip drip. I call the guys up wrong with us. No sir, it's just the restrictor, so you're in there five times longer than you suppose, right here in Wisconsin and Ron Johnson helped and Tim Scott of South Carolina, all right, they're doing great.

Someone grab Green Shirt guy:

Now that criminal is once again in Wisconsin jail, and I call on your left wing officials to stop the madness and to work with ICE to ensure he is deported to hell back home, get him out of our country. Democrats stand for crime, corruption and chaos. Republicans stand for law order and justice. It's true.

This idiot is prattling on about CFL bulbs containing hazardous gases, and apparently has no idea that they are rapidly being replaced in the market by LED bulbs, which contain no harmful materials.  But sure, Donald, scare the morons who follow you into switching back to power-hungry, heat-generating incandescent bulbs, because who wants lower utility bills?

My kids like to use the Ok Boomer line on Mom because they know I'm Gen X but even my rapidly aging eyesight loves the LED light just for the easier reading ability, let alone the other benefits.

I'm still a little gobsmacked over him saying his people told him "you know it's hard to make an elegant speech." As if the words elegant and Trump should ever be used in the same sentence.

15 hours ago, Lobo said:

Monty Capuletti was a revered presidential photographer until he took some unflattering shots.  He was lucky to shoot kids' school photos after that.  Wasn't even easy money.

But he left a Messerschmitt on the kitchen table for Rose to clean up.  

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I didn't follow the rally on television. The arena holds around 12,000. Half full? 25%? Anyone see any pull away camera shots at all?

One of the headlines I saw (not Fox News) said it was full.  Wouldn't be hard to get that many Trumpkins in, either by bus or whatever.  Plus, impeachment probably has his base riled up more than normal.

28 minutes ago, elfenix said:

trump has clearly never used a dishwasher in his life

(workshopping here....)

Option one: How could he? He build a wall to keep them all out of the country.

Option two: Wait, I thought we all knew that he would just grab them by the....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My dishwasher works fine.

yeah, she works hard for me too.

but seriously, what the actual fuck is he on about the showers and the dishwashers. he's obviously latched onto this as some way to roll back some kind of regulation of some kind, but i have a shitty ass dishwasher and it cleans things fine, even on the 1 hour wash setting.

what is his end game with the goddamn dishwasher thing?

(i know, i know, he's a dog chasing cars, but jesus shit dicks)

Edited by hayden_horn

yeah, she works hard for me too.
but seriously, what the actual fuck is he on about the showers and the dishwashers. he's obviously latched onto this as some way to roll back some kind of regulation of some kind, but i have a shitty ass dishwasher and it cleans things fine, even on the 1 hour wash setting.
what is his end game with the goddamn dishwasher thing?
(i know, i know, he's a dog chasing cars, but jesus shit dicks)
I heard some bitching years ago in conservative circles about high efficiency washing machines taking too long and not cleaning as well. And truth be told my 5 year old Maytag takes for fucking ever. But I live in a drought prone area so I'll deal with without whining.

He's probably conflating the two if he even knows that they are two different machines.

Modern dishwashers kick ass and use very little water.

The light bulb rage goes back to the shitty CFls that were the most economical option before LED production scale brought prices down to affordable levels. Shitty light in the 5000k range, Mercury exposure etc. My mom had all her talking points firing about light bulbs for many years despite the fact that I replaced all her bulbs with LED so I wasn't changing bulbs every visit or dealing with ugly lighting. She's not sure what she supposed to be angry about but something something Obama. They like the hits!