Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

15 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I heard some bitching years ago in conservative circles about high efficiency washing machines taking too long and not cleaning as well. And truth be told my 5 year old Maytag takes for fucking ever. But I live in a drought prone area so I'll deal with without whining.

He's probably conflating the two if he even knows that they are two different machines.

Modern dishwashers kick ass and use very little water.

The light bulb rage goes back to the shitty CFls that were the most economical option before LED production scale brought prices down to affordable levels. Shitty light in the 5000k range, Mercury exposure etc. My mom had all her talking points firing about light bulbs for many years despite the fact that I replaced all her bulbs with LED so I wasn't changing bulbs every visit or dealing with ugly lighting. She's not sure what she supposed to be angry about but something something Obama. They like the hits!

yeah, i remember my folks coming out of left field with light bulb talk a decade ago.  must have been the limbaugh issue of the week.  

38 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, she works hard for me too.

but seriously, what the actual fuck is he on about the showers and the dishwashers. he's obviously latched onto this as some way to roll back some kind of regulation of some kind, but i have a shitty ass dishwasher and it cleans things fine, even on the 1 hour wash setting.

what is his end game with the goddamn dishwasher thing?

(i know, i know, he's a dog chasing cars, but jesus shit dicks)

Republicans hate regulations. They hate regulations of all kinds (except for those related to any sort of social issue. Those need to be tight as a drum lest some undesirable be seen smoking a joint in the park or two dudes kissing) and tump is the god king deregulator. The god damn democrats aren’t just coming for your guns. They’re coming for your incandescent bulbs and water pressure too. 

55 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, she works hard for me too.

but seriously, what the actual fuck is he on about the showers and the dishwashers. he's obviously latched onto this as some way to roll back some kind of regulation of some kind, but i have a shitty ass dishwasher and it cleans things fine, even on the 1 hour wash setting.

what is his end game with the goddamn dishwasher thing?

(i know, i know, he's a dog chasing cars, but jesus shit dicks)

I speculated earlier that he's setting up to destroy water use regulations that will aid large corporate users.

Years ago, there was an issue with San Antonio catfish farms using enormous amounts of aquifer water which was lowering the creek levels and water tables throughout Central Texas. Other industries that use massive amounts of water would likely benefit from even a slight break in water restrictions on usage or price. 

It will all be in the name of better flushing toilets just as repealing the Estate (Death) Tax was all about saving the family farms and making common people believe that they were paying inheritance taxes which they largely were not.

Idiot World

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

just as repealing the Estate (Death) Tax was all about saving the family farms and making common people believe that they were paying inheritance taxes which they largely were not.

i remember a lot of whinging that the maras and rooneys would lose the giants and steelers

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

i remember a lot of whinging that the maras and rooneys would lose the giants and steelers

So many yokels and working people were convinced that the $60k inheritance they'd actually worked hard to save for their kids was going to be snapped up by the ebil libs.

Another example of where the GOP was going long before Trump. They sold out their non rich constituency and chose to hold onto them through lies and hate. It worked: especially when you had a smiling avuncular face like Ron Reagan to stretch across its heartless, shameless visage. Hell, there were some GOPs waving red flags back then. Not nearly all of them bought in, but those guys were soon washed away, obsolete.

What would the elected GOPs of the 1970s, the non-Dixiecrats, make of their party today? Donald Trump? They'd probably find a Cassius and Brutus. 

Back in those days, there were some GOPs that I'd vote for. That ended with Reagan for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

dude i would vote for a ham sandwich over trump

Just now, Brisketexan said:

FIF accurate reflection of the double-decker shit sammich with diarrhea schmear that currently occupies the office.

You know, I would actually vote for Trump Sr over Jr or Eric. I'd vote for the shit sandwich over any of them though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any surly patent attorneys out there?   I need to patent my incandescent analogue  smart phone idea quickly so I can have them ready to sell at the next MAGA rally. 
Like you need to enforce patents where we are going my dude. Just donate R and let the crimes flow like a mountain stream.

The President will have a blank slate this morning until his Intelligence Briefing right before noon.

This afternoon, at 2:00 PM (EST) the President will provide an Announcement of the Guidance on Constitutional Prayer in Public Schools. The timing of this announcement is well-played. Somebody had their thinking cap on.

Anyway, it will get some coverage while over in the Senate, more Impeachment paperwork and business is being conducted.

Can we have a moment of silence for the moment of silence? I don't know about you, but I can and do pray any time any where. It's not like you can read my thoughts or anything.

• Like 1

Some pithy and salty twitter personality would do well to support the Constitutional school prayer initiative by Trump.  If we all have a federally directed uniform time of day Monday through Friday to pray for Trump’s removal from office and/or defeat in November, I think it would be valuable.  

15 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

how his base eats all this incorrect information up boggles the mind.  even with that article that came out that in fact US consumers are picking up the tab on the increased tariffs to go along with the "farmers bailout" already exceeding the auto bailout they still believe head doofus... What. The. Fuck.

4 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

The President will have a blank slate this morning until his Intelligence Briefing right before noon.

This afternoon, at 2:00 PM (EST) the President will provide an Announcement of the Guidance on Constitutional Prayer in Public Schools. The timing of this announcement is well-played. Somebody had their thinking cap on.

Anyway, it will get some coverage while over in the Senate, more Impeachment paperwork and business is being conducted.

Can we have a moment of silence for the moment of silence? I don't know about you, but I can and do pray any time any where. It's not like you can read my thoughts or anything.

Impossible. The Ebil Libs threw your omnipotent, omnipresent God out of school. 

36 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Where was this "massive incoming tariff money" coming from?

Oh that's right......motherfucking us!

23 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Either he doesn't know how tariffs work or he does and knows his rube supporters don't.  Either way, it's pathetic.

I think the New Yorker said this works out to about $1600 per US Household. From Reuters:

The trade coalition said American taxpayers have paid over $27 billion in extra import tariffs from the beginning of the trade war in 2018 through June of this year based on data collated from the U.S. Census Bureau and the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

what do you think about it, and why do you think it was necessary?

Chinese spokesman Geng Shuang said "According to the preliminary information, the agricultural products purchased by Chinese enterprises from the United States this year include: 20 million tons of soybeans, 700,000 tons of pork, 700,000 tons of sorghum, 230,000 tons of wheat, and 320,000 tons of cotton. China will also speed up the procurement of US agricultural products,"

from Fox Business

China is saying that, but I can't trust them as far as I have walked on thier soil. It also sucks that not much is really different about it.

I think it'd be great to actually get China to play by the damned rules and stop abusing thier people, and thier neighbors. The Chinese govt is an animal that needs to be the reigned.

1 hour ago, Foosters said:

They're in the asking questions business, not in the answering questions business. 

Sorry, I don't sniff my own farts and claim I know everything. I just heard about it wondered what people's opinions and show some facts.

Do you think I had some gotcha answer? How if so?

16 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Chinese spokesman Geng Shuang said "According to the preliminary information, the agricultural products purchased by Chinese enterprises from the United States this year include: 20 million tons of soybeans, 700,000 tons of pork, 700,000 tons of sorghum, 230,000 tons of wheat, and 320,000 tons of cotton. China will also speed up the procurement of US agricultural products,"

from Fox Business

China is saying that, but I can't trust them as far as I have walked on thier soil. It also sucks that not much is really different about it.

I think it'd be great to actually get China to play by the damned rules and stop abusing thier people, and thier neighbors. The Chinese govt is an animal that needs to be the reigned.

Sorry, I don't sniff my own farts and claim I know everything. I just heard about it wondered what people's opinions and show some facts.

Do you think I had some gotcha answer? How if so?

From what I have heard, this is pretty much what China would have been purchasing pre-tariffs anyway.  It's the dotard's standard practice.  Create situation, escalate, de-escalate, and get back to where it was before and then claim victory.

Yes, China is a problem that needs to be dealt with.  Tariffs are what a child does.  Adults need to take on this challenge, not a dotard.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

From what I have heard, this is pretty much what China would have been purchasing pre-tariffs anyway.  It's the dotard's standard practice.  Create situation, escalate, de-escalate, and get back to where it was before and then claim victory.

He’s a complete idiot 

• Like 2