Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Whenever the President goes on about Impeachment and the perfect call, I think about how I am fond of going on YouTube and listening to old Woody Guthrie songs. Are there any witty folk singers around with an apt turn of phrase that can write an impeachment song? (And heavens no, not like those weird rap Maga girls-I don't mind rap, but they are atrociously bad).

Some of his songs were so good, I love listening to just a guitar and a voice.

We got out to the West Coast broke,
So dad-gum hungry I thought I'd croak,
An' I bummed up a spud or two,
An' my wife fixed up a tater stew --
We poured the kids full of it,
Mighty thin stew, though,
You could read a magazine right through it.
Always have figured
That if it'd been just a little bit thinner,
Some of these here politicians
Coulda seen through it.

--from Woody Guthrie, Dust Bowl Blues

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It took me a few years but I finally figured out his tell.  When he's lying, someone behind him strokes her ponytail.  

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Chinese spokesman Geng Shuang said "According to the preliminary information, the agricultural products purchased by Chinese enterprises from the United States this year include: 20 million tons of soybeans, 700,000 tons of pork, 700,000 tons of sorghum, 230,000 tons of wheat, and 320,000 tons of cotton. China will also speed up the procurement of US agricultural products,"

from Fox Business

China is saying that, but I can't trust them as far as I have walked on thier soil. It also sucks that not much is really different about it.

I think it'd be great to actually get China to play by the damned rules and stop abusing thier people, and thier neighbors. The Chinese govt is an animal that needs to be the reigned.

Sorry, I don't sniff my own farts and claim I know everything. I just heard about it wondered what people's opinions and show some facts.

Do you think I had some gotcha answer? How if so?

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

From what I have heard, this is pretty much what China would have been purchasing pre-tariffs anyway.  It's the dotard's standard practice.  Create situation, escalate, de-escalate, and get back to where it was before and then claim victory.

Yes, China is a problem that needs to be dealt with.  Tariffs are what a child does.  Adults need to take on this challenge, not a dotard.

biff pretty much answered what i would have said. the president does this thing where he creates an unnecessary crisis, escalates that crisis, then "fixes" the thing that didn't even need to be a thing in the first place.

shit, you're allegedly a farmer, and would have been a person who suffered most under china tariff wars. we've spent more money on farm bailouts than we did on the auto bailout, and nobody seems to give a shit.

https://www.axios.com/trump-trade-war-farm-aid-subsidies-auto-bailout-c6eaf580-381b-422f-8c3d-886f3f9e6115.html

also:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-19/farmers-say-trump-s-28-billion-bailout-isn-t-a-solution

16 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

biff pretty much answered what i would have said. the president does this thing where he creates an unnecessary crisis, escalates that crisis, then "fixes" the thing that didn't even need to be a thing in the first place.

shit, you're allegedly a farmer, and would have been a person who suffered most under china tariff wars. we've spent more money on farm bailouts than we did on the auto bailout, and nobody seems to give a shit.

https://www.axios.com/trump-trade-war-farm-aid-subsidies-auto-bailout-c6eaf580-381b-422f-8c3d-886f3f9e6115.html

also:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-09-19/farmers-say-trump-s-28-billion-bailout-isn-t-a-solution

Actually I worked on a sod farm after highschool, now I'm a welder. 

I've made no secret that I was very in favor of Trump trying to hurt China with trade since we could probably handle a bit of hurt, but with what is basically the same outcome. Well, that was all unnecessary pain for no reason 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I've made no secret that I was very in favor of Trump trying to hurt China with trade since we could probably handle a bit of hurt, but with what is basically the same outcome. Well, that was all unnecessary pain for no reason 

.....and.....it was entirely predictable, because that's his entire fucking M.O.   Step 1) start fire.  Step 2) put out fire.  Step 3) whine and cry about how nobody will recognize him for being the BEST FIREFIGHTER EVER for putting out the same goddamned fire that he started in the first place.

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

.....and.....it was entirely predictable, because that's his entire fucking M.O.   Step 1) start fire.  Step 2) put out fire by stepping on it and spraying flaming shitballs all over innocent people  Step 3) whine and cry about how nobody will recognize him for being the BEST FIREFIGHTER EVER for putting out the same goddamned fire that he started in the first place.

FIFY

Welcome to 2016. Earlier for those of us who had watched Teh Donald’s career for a while.

7 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Welcome to 2016. Earlier for those of us who had watched Teh Donald’s career for a while.

Seriously.   And I mean this in the spirit of honest discussion, not to be demeaning.  The scenario I described is what he is, it's what he does, and it always has been.  I'm going to give a big benefit of the doubt, and presume that lots of folks thought/hoped that he would perform differently in the White House.  I get it, sometimes we vote on hope.

But he's been perhaps the most consistent president in my lifetime.  What you saw in his life before the presidency, and his campaign, is EXACTLY what you've gotten in the presidency.  There's no mystery.  He is entirely predictable, he runs the same plays over and over.  Today, you KNOW that whatever the issue that might bear some attention and improvement (let's go with Iran, as a recent example)....instead of improving it from its current status, he's going to amp up the crisis to dangerous/terrifying levels, then ratchet it back from that terrifying level (thus causing all of us to breathe a sigh of relief), and claim some sort of victory for avoiding disaster.  You can't honestly expect that he'll ever do anything BUT that.  Right? 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

.....and.....it was entirely predictable, because that's his entire fucking M.O.   Step 1) start fire.  Step 2) put out fire.  Step 3) whine and cry about how nobody will recognize him for being the BEST FIREFIGHTER EVER for putting out the same goddamned fire that he started in the first place.

This was never about the farmers, they just happened to be collateral damage. Trump had to fix this problem before the election to confirm their votes, which he did and hence the trade war deal was broken into phases. He had to give up absolutely nothing to China in return to receive this. 

This has always been about IP protection so tariffs continue until US companies get it and China can show that they can implement IP protection. 

Him taking a victory lap is akin to Pelosi taking a victory lap on House impeachment, it means nothing. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Hahahaha this reminds me of a law firm PR campaign .  Ask GOLL about it and my nickname for the "firefighter."

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

What human being could watch this man deny like this and think, "yeah, he's telling the truth"?  It's worse than a 5 year old who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  Seriously, what is wrong with people?

i hear ya...

Pence denies Parnas allegations: 'I don't know the guy'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478686-pence-denies-parnas-allegations-i-dont-know-the-guy

....nobody knows nothing

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

I'm still shocked at how many people in 2016 thought Donald Trump was some kind of successful businessman. It's like they knew nothing about him.

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

if i was running a hoax investigation of someone, you know what would make me shut the fuck up and embarrass the shit out of me?  having fact witnesses come forward and exonerate the target of my investigation.  would be such a simple and convenient way to end it all.

why is this not happening?  why is he not being asked about this?  we need reporters to goad him into insisting on witnesses.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

So, on his desk today during his thing in the Oval?  

AP20016740665920.jpg

Looks like the voting map from the 2016 election.

This stupid fucker just can't quit.

EDIT:  Sure as shit was:

That map is probably why he thinks his victory was such a landslide. “Look at all this territory I won!”

3 hours ago, yoladu said:

i hear ya...

Pence denies Parnas allegations: 'I don't know the guy'

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/478686-pence-denies-parnas-allegations-i-dont-know-the-guy

....nobody knows nothing

They are in Phase II right now. It's similar to Brisket's Fire Analogy. Phase III is where they employ their people to take care of it for them with various obstructions and other tactics put into place to delay and distract. Phase IV is the "Yeah, we did it. So what?" And then onto the next caper.

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

No trade agreement can make up for the lost sales the past two years 

But, but, but the President said that *"this really is a landmark agreement. But along with them, we had the exceptional efforts of Jared Kushner. Where is Jared? Where is Jared? Our brilliant Jared. Great job, Jared. He worked hard. He left a beautiful, nice, very prosperous real estate business, and came here. And, I can tell you, that was harder. This is harder than real estate in New York, isn't it, Jared? Right?"

So how can you say that and hurt Jared's feelings? He left the real estate business where he had that mortgage loan of $1.4 billion he was on the hook for and traveled around the world looking for tenants....

*quote from speech 1/15/2020

39 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oops, get ready for Phase III:

how many times in the last 4 years did Trump claim " he didn't know that person"?

--

How many times in 9 years did Barack Obama do the same thing?

Edited by yoladu