Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

On second thought, not funny. nvm

You wanted his aircraft to crash into my yard killing my two innocent daughters?  Wow, you are really not well on your resolution ;)

I'm assuming he's about wheels up right now given the 90 minute window.  ?

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Kansas CIty fans better pray Trump doesn’t take to twitter to congratulate the chiefs. Trump probably thinks Pat Mahomes is part Mexican though since he looks kind of brown, so they may be safe. 

No way in hell hes saying anything positive about the 49ers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

No way in hell hes saying anything positive about the 49ers 

Nope. He congratulated Tennessee because they took out a city he hates, Baltimore. Obviously this meant that Tennessee would lose to Kansas City, which they did. Trump curse is real.

He hates San Francisco and probably doesn’t like Mahomes (too brown) so president shitstain may sit this one out. 

I'm not sure where this goes.  Here?  The Republican Party thread?  

But, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/18/opinion/sully-biden-stutter-lara-trump.html

Capt. ‘Sully’ Sullenberger: Like Joe Biden, I Once Stuttered, Too. I Dare You to Mock Me.

The retired pilot responds to recent comments from the president’s daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, on the way the former vice president talks.

Spoiler

As a small boy in Denison, Texas, I remember vividly the anguish of being called on in grade school, knowing that I was going to have a hard time getting the words out; that my words could not keep up with my mind, and they would often come out jumbled. My neck and face would quickly begin to flush a bright red, the searing heat rising all the way to the top of my head; every eye in the room on me; the intense and painful humiliation, and bullying that would follow, all because of my inability to get the words out.

Those feelings came rushing back, when I heard Lara Trump mocking former Vice President Joe Biden at a Trump campaign event, with the very words that caused my childhood agony. “Joe, can you get it out?” Ms. Trump was seen saying onstage, as a few giggles are heard from an otherwise silent audience. “Let’s get the words out, Joe.”

In the interest of full disclosure, I attended a fundraiser last year for the Biden campaign, but this issue goes beyond politics. Regardless of how you feel about Joe Biden, or his chances of becoming the Democratic nominee for president; whether you are a Republican, a Democrat, or none of the above; whether you stuttered as a child or laughed at one who did; whether as a parent you try to protect your own stuttering child from taunts such as those made by the president’s daughter-in-law; these words come without hesitation: Stop. Grow up. Show some decency. People who can’t, have no place in public life.

What might a child who stutters, as I did, feel when they hear a grown-up on a public stage trying to make a bunch of other adults laugh by ridiculing a public figure who also stutters?

This culture of cruelty is what drives decent people from public service, and what makes millions of Americans recoil from politics, and even from participating in our democracy. Vice President Biden has spoken openly — and courageously, in my view — about the pain of his severe childhood stutter. He takes time to reach out to children who have suffered as he did.

As I grew older, I learned to manage and overcome my stuttering, through much hard work and intense focus. I learned to slow down and to enunciate each word with precision. I joined the church choir, and found that singing helped me to practice controlling my breath, and the formation of words. I learned to resist and overcome the bullying.

I also learned that our imperfections do not define us.

The fact that I once stuttered did not keep me from being a successful U.S. Air Force fighter pilot, an airline pilot, or even a public speaker.

And on that frigid day in January 2009, when I had to tell the air traffic controller at New York Departure Control that I was about to land US Airways Flight 1549 in the Hudson River, after a bird strike following takeoff caused both engines to fail, my words came out with precision and control, even in the stress of a life-threatening emergency.

So, to every child who feels today, what I felt, after hearing those cruel remarks by an adult who should know better, here is what I want you to know:

You are fine, just as you are. You can do any job you dream of when you grow up. You can be a pilot who lands your plane on a river and helps save lives, or a president who treats people with respect, rather than making fun of them. You can become a teacher to kids who stutter. A speech disorder is a lot easier to treat than a character defect. You become a true leader, not because of how you speak, but because of what you have to say — and the challenges you have overcome to help others. Ignore kids (and adults) who are mean, or don’t know what it feels like to stutter. Respond by showing them how to be kind, polite, respectful and generous, to be brave enough to try big things, even though you are not perfect.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I spent some time last week listening to bits of right wing radio. Rush had a couple of replacements, but the regular idiots on KLBJ were on the air. 

My friends, they are all in on the impeachment being a persecution bent upon an crucifixion. The appeal is to resentment and hatred with absolutely no allowance that there could be any other reason for the Dems to go after Trump other than their own wickedness. It was disturbing to actually listen to.

I know this is not new. We all assume what I described, yet listening to it refreshed my apprehension about how far these people will go and how little they care about the consequences of their words.

If I were an adherent to the Radio Gods and Trumpism with all the built up hate that would mean, I think I'd be thinking in terms of taking up arms. Throw in a religious fervor where you may have been convinced that Trump is the chosen of God, and how else can you respond to those who oppose His choice?

We may end up with a jihad on our hands. Bullets will likely be pinging all around us on the ledge.

I reveal nothing new in terms of facts, but it's worth it to check in with the deplorables to be reminded of just how extreme their feelings are. If Trump is dumped, I think there will be terrorism. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess, but I have a grimmer image of the future than I did last week.

Banana Republic in the heart of Idiot World

I've said it many times, it won't be a war between the states, but it will be a Civil War.

• Like 1

“The Know Nothing, formally known as the Native American Party and the American Party from 1855 onwards, was a far-right nativist political party and movement in the United States which operated nationwide in the mid-1850s. It was primarily an anti-Catholic, anti-immigration, and xenophobic movement, originally starting as a secret society. The Know Nothing movement also briefly emerged as a major political party in the form of the American Party. Adherents to the movement were to simply reply "I know nothing" when asked about its specifics by outsiders, providing the group with its common name.[1]

Supporters of the Know Nothing movement believed that an alleged "Romanist" conspiracy was being planned to subvert civil and religious liberty in the United States, and sought to politically organize native-born Protestants in what they described as a defense of their traditional religious and political values. The Know Nothing movement is remembered for this theme because of fears by Protestants that Catholic priests and bishops would control a large bloc of voters. In most places, the ideology and influence of the Know Nothing movement lasted only a year or two before disintegrating due to weak and inexperienced local leaders, a lack of publicly declared national leaders, and a deep split over the issue of slavery. In the South, the party did not emphasize anti-Catholicism as frequently as it did in the North, but it became the main alternative to the dominant Democratic Party.[1]”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know_Nothing

Maybe we should rename the GOP.....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Mark Levin is a coward who needs his ass kicked repeatedly. Good God I have heard him. That midget just shouts and yells and tries to speak with some asinine authority. He just sounds like an angry old white man who does not realize the sun has long set on his relevance. 

14 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I spent some time last week listening to bits of right wing radio. Rush had a couple of replacements, but the regular idiots on KLBJ were on the air. 

My friends, they are all in on the impeachment being a persecution bent upon an crucifixion. The appeal is to resentment and hatred with absolutely no allowance that there could be any other reason for the Dems to go after Trump other than their own wickedness. It was disturbing to actually listen to.

I know this is not new. We all assume what I described, yet listening to it refreshed my apprehension about how far these people will go and how little they care about the consequences of their words.

If I were an adherent to the Radio Gods and Trumpism with all the built up hate that would mean, I think I'd be thinking in terms of taking up arms. Throw in a religious fervor where you may have been convinced that Trump is the chosen of God, and how else can you respond to those who oppose His choice?

We may end up with a jihad on our hands. Bullets will likely be pinging all around us on the ledge.

I reveal nothing new in terms of facts, but it's worth it to check in with the deplorables to be reminded of just how extreme their feelings are. If Trump is dumped, I think there will be terrorism. Where it goes from there is anybody's guess, but I have a grimmer image of the future than I did last week.

Banana Republic in the heart of Idiot World

Turn on tha radio, nah fuck it turn it off
Fear is your only god on the radio
Nah fuck it, turn it off

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Mark Levin is a coward who needs his ass kicked repeatedly. Good God I have heard him. That midget just shouts and yells and tries to speak with some asinine authority. He just sounds like an angry old white man who does not realize the sun has long set on his relevance. 

Sounds like when he turned 47 he hit peak misery and the switch never got turned off. Needs a reset.

57 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

On fucking brand.

I suppose all the "Peek-a-Boo," "Hide and Peek," and "Peekachu" references have been done already?

Today the President has no events on his calendar until the late afternoon when he will depart for Switzerland. I've been reading his Farm Bureau speech from Austin yesterday. Some quotes for you all:

I will bold them rather than the quote feature in hopes it will be easier to read...

"We'll never get a deal done with China. I've told everybody, "You got to buy a lot of land, and you've got to get much bigger tractors right now." Because we did a great deal with China -- great for our country."

"We've had a tremendous victory. And from what I understand, those polls are all saying we're way higher than we were in '16. Is that correct? That's right, Dan. Thank you, Lieutenant Governor. My Dan. Great. Thank you very much."

"Look at this: "Farmer Approval of Trump Hits Record, Poll Shows… 83 percent of the farmers and ranchers approve of the President's job performance." 83 percent! But, I want to know, really: Who are the 17 percent?Who are they? Who the hell are the 17 percent? Anybody in here from the 17 percent? Don't raise your hand; it may be dangerous." --intimidation of the group encourages group think.

Speaking about Sid Miller and including the admiration for his hat:

"We made speeches, Sid. Remember? We'd have 25-, 30,000 people standing on line. Can't get in. And I said, "Why am I going to have a hard time with Texas?" And I remember, Sid Miller -- I didn't know Sid. But he was big, and he had the big, beautiful cowboy hat on. I love that hat. I wish we could wear them in Washington or New York because I would be the biggest buyer of that hat. I just don't know if it would play there, but I'll wear them in Texas, I'll tell you. But Sid was sitting there with that hat on, and he looked great."

"It's also other countries. But net farm income has gone up by more than $30 billion dollars –- an increase of nearly 50 percent in just three years. Remember that. And the big stuff is yet to come. The big numbers, in my opinion, are yet to come. We are fixing problems and cleaning up messes that others have neglected for decades." ---What big stuff? Cleaning up messes? Oh what a kidder.

"They've treated you very unfairly. They've treated you very foolishly. Frankly, they've treated you stupidly -- stupidly -- to put our great farmers in this position. We are winning for our farmers, and we winning like never before. And don't forget: When I ran, I said, "We're going to do this stuff." ---Now this is slick, victimize them and blame someone else, right out of his crisis playbook.

A Sir story:

"And we started giving money back. I went to Sonny Perdue. I said, "Sonny, what did China -- what was the number that China did last year?" He said, "Sir, they bought $16 billion." I said, "Oh, that's good. What did they do the year before?" "Sir, they bought $12 billion worth of product." I said, "Good." So it's $12 billion."

Referencing Canada-America wheat:

They were incredible. I said, "What's the big thing?" "Wheat, sir." "Tell me about it." And they told me about it. I'm a very quick study; I figured it out quickly. I said, "I know nothing about it, but that sounds right to me." So we got it in the contract. The two momentous trade deals we completed last week are just the beginning of a really incredible story. ---He's a quick study? How about that!

And things got a little weird when discussing the estate tax:

"And to help you keep your family farm, and keep it in the family, we virtually eliminated the deeply unfair estate tax, or "death tax." We got rid of it for small farms, ranchers, and small businesses.So, if you love your children, you can now leave your farms and your ranches and your small businesses to your children, and you don't have to pay tax. If you love your children, you don't have to pay the estate tax or the death tax. If you do not love your children, you don't really care about that provision.Is there anybody here that does not love their children and does not want to leave their beautiful farm to their children? Anybody here? Come on, you have guts. I think farmers have a lot of guts. Come on. You mean there's not one person that dislikes your children because they're brats -- because they're spoiled rotten brats? Okay, well, that's a pretty good group of people." ---More reassurance/intimidation that you want to stay on his side.

"Wages for the bottom 10 percent are rising faster than for the top 10 percent. And that's okay for the rich people. Let somebody else enjoy life a little bit, right? Does any rich person -- of which we probably have a lot in this room -- any rich person have a problem with that? Please stand up. I don't think we're going to see that person standing. Real median household income is now at the highest level ever recorded." --and again.

"Our law enforcement -- we are going to protect our law enforcement just like they protect us. When I took office, I issued an order requiring that for every one new regulation, two old regulations must be eliminated. Instead of two for one, we have now cut more than eight for one. Nobody thought that was possible. As a result, the average American household will save $3,100 dollars a year, just on regulation cuts and sensible regulation." --Fact check on the savings?!  I don't think that's correct...

"We will soon build new roads, bridges, tunnels, highways, railways, and waterways across our land." ---Sooooooon.

Big burly men crying again:

"I'll never forget: At the White House signing, I had probably 30, 35 people behind me -- farmers and homebuilders and others -- people that haven't cried in many years. People that weren't -- some of them were so tough, they never cried. They didn't cry when they were babies. And they were crying."

All in all, Austin received the Gold Standard Package speech. It had just about everything. He did mention Obama several times, but it was a long speech so I trimmed excessively. Quite a few figures relating to the tariffs, etc and given his way with numbers, I left them out.

"I'll never forget: At the White House signing, I had probably 30, 35 people behind me -- farmers and homebuilders and others -- people that haven't cried in many years. People that weren't -- some of them were so tough, they never cried. They didn't cry when they were babies. And they were crying."

what an odd man.

13 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

One of the worst aspects of this presidency is how they've injected their politics into nearly every aspect of life. Took a road trip to Big Bend a few weeks ago, stop for gas in a bum fuck town and see the shrine below to our dear leader. I was playing Call of Duty last night and it was shocking how many of the 4chan incels players on there had "MAGA" on their gamer tags. A few nights ago I was listening to generic sports talk radio and some guy from Galveston called into the radio upset at the host for his harsh criticisms of the Astros. He out the blue started comparing the host to Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff and how the Astros cheating scandal was a "witch hunt". The host, apparently a down-low MAGA cultist, took a little offense to it but then he also started bashing Pelosi/Schiff. I'm like WTF, can I escape this shit anywhere???

IMG-20191231-191029-1.jpg

Edited by Bruh Man
  • Like 5

23 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

When are they going to pay back the money they stole from the taxpayers?

I believe his answer would be: "Soon."

If you asked 'how soon,' his answer would be "Real soon."

If you asked a third time, his answer would be, " I don't have the exact dates on that, but I have the best people, they're working on it, I'll look into that."

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Today the President has no events on his calendar until the late afternoon when he will depart for Switzerland. I've been reading his Farm Bureau speech from Austin yesterday. Some quotes for you all:

I will bold them rather than the quote feature in hopes it will be easier to read...

"We've had a tremendous victory. And from what I understand, those polls are all saying we're way higher than we were in '16. Is that correct? That's right, Dan. Thank you, Lieutenant Governor. My Dan. Great. Thank you very much."

How hard did Dan Patrick jerk off to the audio clip on loop last night.  I'm guessing the LG's office looks like Randy Marsh's office this morning.  

On a completely unrelated note, the Capitol Complex is out of lotion this morning.  Visitors are advised to bring their own, but it must be under 4 ounces to pass security.  

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

'm like WTF, can I escape this shit anywhere???

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

the answer is "no".

"We love our oil and we love our war fighters. Thanks to me, the biggest threat to our great nation has been removed. Yes, he was crying like a baby and he is gone now, died like a dog. But, you love your oil and gas here, and isn't it doing great? If you walk everywhere or ride on your skinny little bicycle then you don't care about the oil and gas, you don't think about where your little plastic helmet comes from.  But we know don't we? We  know it takes big trucks and big oil and gas to run this country and hardworking gas pumpers and we love our oil and gas here. Raise your hand if you don't think oil and gas is doing great. No? No tricycle riders in the crowd? Nobody? Nobody hiding over there behind the corn nuts? Well, you're good people and we love our oil and gas."

"I'll never forget Sid Miller's face.  It was red and looked like it was about to explode.  Seriously, his capillaries looked like a thousand, little dynamite fuses.  At first I was like 'who's this bloated fuck?'  And then I realized he's literally exploding with patriotism.  He'll die any minute but we love him.  Look at him there, just pulling off a Boss Hogg cosplay.  My God!  It looks like his head is being squeezed out of a fucking tube.  But we love him."

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

I hereby propose that Trump be given that same due process at the 911 terrorists.  Put him in a plane and crash it in a building.

The terrorists actually did it to themselves and a few thousand non-obliging others.  

Edited by Mdhorn

What a conundrum for Staff. The President does not fare well with respect to the overseas travel and he needs to leave for the airport in several hours.  Meanwhile, the rally in Virginia, the Senate trial looming, and the deadline to submit documents regarding the stalking of Yovanovitch is Thursday. So, wait and sedate? Let him play with his phone for awhile? It's not unlike traveling with a two year old. Sad.

4 hours ago, Bruh Man said:

One of the worst aspects of this presidency is how they've injected their politics into nearly every aspect of life. Took a road trip to Big Bend a few weeks ago, stop for gas in a bum fuck town and see the shrine below to our dear leader. I was playing Call of Duty last night and it was shocking how many of the 4chan incels players on there had "MAGA" on their gamer tags. A few nights ago I was listening to generic sports talk radio and some guy from Galveston called into the radio upset at the host for his harsh criticisms of the Astros. He out the blue started comparing the host to Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff and how the Astros cheating scandal was a "witch hunt". The host, apparently a down-low MAGA cultist, took a little offense to it but then he also started bashing Pelosi/Schiff. I'm like WTF, can I escape this shit anywhere???

IMG-20191231-191029-1.jpg

Politics drifted into being like sports. Then specifically the NFL. Now we're seeing the emergence of the Raiders fan in full face paint and looking to gang up on some little guy who backs the Seahawks or Chiefs. 

All of this potential for violence seems less and less abstract to me.

I look at the panel of S. Carolina voters above. At first, I think what an encouraging indication of an element of American electorate they are. Then I get a sick chill thinking of what the MAGA white supremacists are shouting at their TVs as they watch them.

It's going to get bad.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Politics drifted into being like sports. Then specifically the NFL. Now we're seeing the emergence of the Raiders fan in full face paint and looking to gang up on some little guy who backs the Seahawks or Chiefs. 

All of this potential for violence seems less and less abstract to me.

I look at the panel of S. Carolina voters above. At first, I think what an encouraging indication of an element of American electorate they are. Then I get a sick chill thinking of what the MAGA white supremacists are shouting at their TVs as they watch them.

It's going to get bad.

They've already found the video. Look at the number of 'dislikes' it has. A group of articulate, coherent voters triggers them.

40 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yes, the man who spoke up about African-American rural poverty was speaking a truth that many Americans wish to avoid noticing.

I recently read how they're getting essentially swindled out of family farms because of poor record keeping. It. Never. Stops.

8 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I recently read how they're getting essentially swindled out of family farms because of poor record keeping. It. Never. Stops.

It is heartbreaking, really. Family freed after the Civil War and you get some land. Work the land but the entire time an entire power structure is working to take it from you through vote suppression, denial of bank loans and lines of credit which are provided to white farmers, segregated education, klan nightriders, and on and on. Then the Civil Rights Act passes and everyone says: "well now, everything is equal!" as if with one pen stroke two hundred plus years of history and racial division has vanished and not allowed to continue as de facto discrimination and bias. As Jacob McCandles would say, "Not hardly."

• Like 1