Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

What a day, yesterday?! The President must be pleased with how the Apprentice auditions were going as he observed from overseas. Lots of emphatic gestures and speech and lots of words full of emptiness. His WH people were really outdoing themselves in how to take a shitburger, cover it with some wilted lettuce and a pink tomato slice and present it to the capable House Managers as if this was an acceptable defense.

I have my own Sir story for him: "Sir, sir this is not a Wendy's." Thank heavens, Schiff and Co sent it back. It may not do any good, but they are trying. With any luck, they will be allowed to question the fry cook and the manager.

So, today the President continues his morning in Davos by meeting with a representative from the government of Kurdistan. Later, he will be meeting with the President of Iraq. Hopefully, we will not be at war with anyone by the time he returns to Washington this afternoon. He will be at the WH by 5:00 pm EST just in time to watch more of the trial.

Prior to leaving, someone really should take him skiing....

• Like 1

The Democrats need to make Trump's entitlement cuts their biggest plank in the 2020 platform.  Scare the hell out of the base (along with everyone else).  Nobody understands how much an F18 costs, but everyone understands when their Social Security benefits drop from $30K to $8K annual.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

The Democrats need to make Trump's entitlement cuts their biggest plank in the 2020 platform.  Scare the hell out of the base (along with everyone else).  Nobody understands how much an F18 costs, but everyone understands when their Social Security benefits drop from $30K to $8K annual.

That's not the best example to use because it will never happen. That would cripple the economy. The more likely cut would be from $30,000 a year to $25,000 a year.

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

That's not the best example to use because it will never happen. That would cripple the economy. The more likely cut would be from $30,000 a year to $25,000 a year.

It's almost as if you don't understand hyperbole, or politics.

8 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So the ends really do justify the means? I thought that was a Republican thing. I guess not.

Oy.  It was a pair of numbers.  Feel free to select your own, or use percentages ("Donald Trump wants to cut your Social Security benefits by 30%").

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oy.  It was a pair of numbers.  Feel free to select your own, or use percentages ("Donald Trump wants to cut your Social Security benefits by 30%").

The hard part is getting non-boomers to realize they are the ones who would be affected by cuts or an increase in the retirement age.

Fucking baby boomers.

Whoa.  Look at his appearance in those videos.  He uses bobby pins and clips and shit to bind all of that ridiculous hair together.  I imagine there's also some kind of paste or something.  I'll never get over the elaborate absurdity that is his hair.  This is the guy who finally convinced a small government, fiscally conservative party to uncap spending while handing over empirical power to the executive branch.  It only took an insecure, profane and ignorant fatass to convince them to betray everything they pretended to once represent.  I'll never understand it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's almost as if Donald has no understanding of intellectual property law, and in particular, no understanding of the way patents work .  That's a surprise.

Donald Trump is way, way dumber than your average con doing hard time in the pen.  And cares about his country way, way less.

And 100% of Republicans fully support him.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Whoa.  Look at his appearance in those videos.  He uses bobby pins and clips and shit to bind all of that ridiculous hair together.  I imagine there's also some kind of paste or something.  I'll never get over the elaborate absurdity that is his hair.  This is the guy who finally convinced a small government, fiscally conservative party to uncap spending while handing over empirical power to the executive branch.  It only took an insecure, profane and ignorant fatass to convince them to betray everything they pretended to once represent.  I'll never understand it.

Because it was done with three help of Russian money over a long period of time. Enough to build kompromat on them so that a parasite like Trump can come in and usurp. Exhibit A: Graham.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's almost as if Donald has no understanding of intellectual property law, and in particular, no understanding of the way patents work .  That's a surprise.

If he didn't understand how batteries work in relation to solar power, why the hell would you expect him to understand patents? 

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Something else to consider:

There's nothing to consider.

1) it is a certainty that every country with even rudimentary hacking technology has full access to Trump's phone.  I'm talking countries like fucking Equatorial Guinea -- fucking ALL of them.

2) on the bright side, 99% of the stupid shit he says and does, he makes public anyway, so there's not much "secret" out there.  Except for some of the voice calls.  Those....it would be interesting to hear those.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There's nothing to consider.

1) it is a certainty that every country with even rudimentary hacking technology has full access to Trump's phone.  I'm talking countries like fucking Equatorial Guinea -- fucking ALL of them.

2) on the bright side, 99% of the stupid shit he says and does, he makes public anyway, so there's not much "secret" out there.  Except for some of the voice calls.  Those....it would be interesting to hear those.

The only saving grace to his phone being hacked is it would take a team of dedicated code breakers to decipher his rambling gibberish.

and along another topic, emolument issues, which leads me to wonder if US taxpayers are footing his lawyer bills?  It's actually a decent quick read.  Just another day in President Grifts term. 

https://dcist.com/story/20/01/22/d-c-attorney-general-sues-trumps-inaugural-committee-for-allegedly-using-nonprofit-funds-to-enrich-family/

D.C. Attorney General Karl Racine has announced a lawsuit against President Donald Trump’s inaugural committee, the Trump Organization, and the Trump International Hotel for allegedly abusing nonprofit funds to enrich the Trump family. In the complaint filed Wednesday, Racine alleges that the committee violated District law by making a payment of $1.03 million to book a ballroom at the Trump Hotel, despite warnings from committee staff and Trump aides that the charges were unreasonable.

“District law requires nonprofits to use their funds for their stated public purpose, not to benefit private individuals or companies,” Racine said in the statement.

The attorney general laid out the complaint on a press call Wednesday, saying that the Trump entities and inaugural committee failed to seek out market value for the event space at the Trump-owned hotel, paying “rental rates that were well in excess of its own pricing guidelines.” He also argued that they used at least $300,000 in nonprofit funds to throw a private party for the then-president-elect’s children on the evening of the inauguration over the objection of event staff with the committee.

Edited by Mdhorn