Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

The Trump Administration has decided to let landowners and developers pour pesticides directly into millions of miles of the nation's waterways, something they have not been able to do for decades:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51225604

This has GOT to be a losing proposition for them, electorally speaking. Presumably, even conservative Republicans don't want to drink pesticides.  Or is this another "killing fish and waterfowl to own the Libs"  type deal? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Trump Administration has decided to let landowners and developers pour pesticides directly into millions of miles of the nation's waterways, something they have not been able to do for decades:

This has GOT to be a losing proposition for them, electorally speaking. Presumably, even conservative Republicans don't want to drink pesticides.  Or is this another "killing fish and waterfowl to own the Libs"  type deal? 

Oh yeah? Well, the only way to protect the environment is to eliminate the EPA and let nature take it's course. Do you have any idea how expensive those rules are? Profits are being curbed.

Edited by RPM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Make America Gross Again 

32zl9l.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It's poisoning the well and then selling them Trump purified water. He's a businessman, you know?

8 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Now tell me again, when does this guy actually do the job he’s in? Seems like all he does all day is tweet. 

According to himself himself, 95% of the voting populace actually think that is his job and approve.

Today the President will visit the National Mall where he will (presumably) be making remarks at the 2020 March For Life.

Following his visit, he and the First Lady will stop at Hangar 6 to sign the National Defense Authorization Act for 2020 prior to boarding the plane to once again travel to Florida.

17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Conservatives are people who can never imagine a chemical spill happening in their backyard, despite it happening all the goddamn time, but have very lurid imaginations about brown people coming to kill them and take their stuff, despite that never happening.

That may be the most succinct encapsulation of the "conservative" mentality I've seen.  Well-done.

"That there Love Canal happened in Neeeew York and that was a long time ago. Lookit all them people living in New York. Lookit all them people in Flint. They're still alive. They can drink bottled water or something. Lemme get back to The Bachelor and stop trying to make me think about those folks. They're not from around here anyway."

I know that this isn't Trump, it's Pence, but as a huge proponent of clean water, this STILL pisses me off:

Vice President Mike Pence turns nostalgic when he talks about growing up in small-town Columbus, Indiana, where his father helped build a Midwestern empire of more than 200 gas stations that provided an upbringing on the “front row of the American dream.”

The collapse of Kiel Bros. Oil Co. in 2004 was widely publicized. Less known is that the state of Indiana — and, to a smaller extent, Kentucky and Illinois — are still on the hook for millions of dollars to clean up more than 85 contaminated sites across the three states, including underground tanks that leaked toxic chemicals into soil, streams and wells.

Indiana alone has spent at least $21 million on the cleanup thus far, or an average of about $500,000 per site, according to an analysis of records by The Associated Press. And the work is nowhere near complete.

The federal government, meanwhile, plans to clean up a plume of cancer-causing solvent discovered beneath a former Kiel Bros. station that threatens drinking water near the Pence family’s hometown.

https://apnews.com/07f9256ae1984362ba3eff192b4d6dd0/Pence-family-gas-stations-left-costly-environmental-legacy

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I grew up 80 miles from Times Beach, MO, which is now a ghost town due to the use of dioxin-contaminated oil sprayed on dirt roads to keep the dust down.

People in the area are pretty much hard core Trumpers.  They simply don't connect the dots.

Look up the history of Pitcher OK  on the Kansas border - it's a literally abandoned uninhabitable town due to unrestricted mining of toxic shit.

More than a century of unrestricted subsurface excavation dangerously undermined most of Picher's town buildings and left giant piles of toxic metal-contaminated mine tailings (known as chat) heaped throughout the area. The discovery of the cave-in risks, groundwater contamination, and health effects associated with the chat piles and subsurface shafts resulted in the site being included in 1980 in the Tar Creek Superfund Site by the US Environmental Protection Agency. The state collaborated on mitigation and remediation measures, but a 1996 study found that 34% of the children in Picher suffered from lead poisoning due to these environmental effects, which could result in lifelong neurological problems.[4] Eventually the EPA and the state of Oklahoma agreed to a mandatory evacuation and buyout of the entire township. The similarly contaminated satellite towns of Treece, Kansas and Cardin, Oklahoma were included in the Tar Creek Superfund site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picher,_Oklahoma

The county it's located in went:

Trump 71.4%; Killery 24.2%

• Like 2

Where does dioxin contaminated oil come from?

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I grew up 80 miles from Times Beach, MO, which is now a ghost town due to the use of dioxin-contaminated oil sprayed on dirt roads to keep the dust down.

People in the area are pretty much hard core Trumpers.  They simply don't connect the dots.

I decided to google and holy shit, what a compound, multifarious environmental disaster.  Geezus.

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I know that this isn't Trump, it's Pence, but as a huge proponent of clean water, this STILL pisses me off:

https://apnews.com/07f9256ae1984362ba3eff192b4d6dd0/Pence-family-gas-stations-left-costly-environmental-legacy

Clean air, water,  wildlife, National Parks--all for profit. Everything's for sale.  Isn't America great?  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Look up the history of Pitcher OK  on the Kansas border - it's a literally abandoned uninhabitable town due to unrestricted mining of toxic shit.

More than a century of unrestricted subsurface excavation dangerously undermined most of Picher's town buildings and left giant piles of toxic metal-contaminated mine tailings (known as chat) heaped throughout the area. The discovery of the cave-in risks, groundwater contamination, and health effects associated with the chat piles and subsurface shafts resulted in the site being included in 1980 in the Tar Creek Superfund Site by the US Environmental Protection Agency. The state collaborated on mitigation and remediation measures, but a 1996 study found that 34% of the children in Picher suffered from lead poisoning due to these environmental effects, which could result in lifelong neurological problems.[4] Eventually the EPA and the state of Oklahoma agreed to a mandatory evacuation and buyout of the entire township. The similarly contaminated satellite towns of Treece, Kansas and Cardin, Oklahoma were included in the Tar Creek Superfund site.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picher,_Oklahoma

The county it's located in went:

Trump 71.4%; Killery 24.2%

Explains the brain damage. We see images like this:

4d9f63f1ccd1d5347d000000?width=300&forma

and think this is sad but why would a gull eat all this?  Yet we all carry micro plastic filaments, trace amounts of various pharmaceuticals, probably PFSOA from products like Scotchguard and now pesticides.  We are becoming these goddamn gulls, only ingesting smaller pieces. F'k we are a dumb culture. 

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

it's not that trump is against clean air and clean water, it's that he's somehow under the impression that they're both very clean already.

Edited by henrygandorf
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it's not that trump is against clean air and clean water, it's that he's somehow under the impression that they're both currently very clean.

Well, relatively speaking, they are.  Because of the regs he just repealed.

I have family that owns timberland.  Hell, I own timberland, but not enough to worry about really.  Some of the EPA regs are a bit over the top and get complained about, but no timber owners would be in favor of wholesale repeal.

19 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it's not that trump is against clean air and clean water, it's that he's somehow under the impression that they're both very clean already.

"Water.  Big beautiful water.  Many have said that our water is now better than ever, that it is the best that we've had, maybe purer than the finest vodka from the homeland.  The more that the lazy Democrat party keeps flushing their toilets and running their dishwashers, the more of the best water that we have ever had can we have."

• Like 1