Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

50 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

https://taskandpurpose.com/trump-israel-peace-plan?mc_cid=a65f612182

Trump to unveil Middle East peace plan ahead of Israeli leaders' visit

January 23, 2020 at 07:53 PM

MIAMI/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Thursday he will release details of his long-delayed peace plan for the Middle East before Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his election rival Benny Gantz visit the White House next week.

The political aspects of the peace initiative have been closely guarded. Only the economic proposals have been unveiled.

Trump discussed the timing of the plan's release with two architects of the plan, senior advisers Jared Kushner and Avi Berkowitz, on Air Force One while returning to Washington from Switzerland on Wednesday.

Speaking to reporters on Air Force One en route to the Miami area for a political event, Trump said Palestinians might react negatively to his plan at first, but that "it's actually very positive for them."

"It's a great plan," said Trump, who will meet with Netanyahu at the White House on Tuesday. "It's a plan that really would work."

Vice President Mike Pence, on a visit to Jerusalem, extended an invitation to Netanyahu and Gantz to make the visit. It was not immediately clear whether Trump would meet the two leaders separately or together.

The Trump Middle East peace proposal is a document, dozens of pages long, that addresses in detail the thorny political issues between Israel and the Palestinians, such as the status of Jerusalem.

U.S. officials made no mention of inviting the Palestinians, and Nabil Abu Rudeineh, a spokesman for Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, said: "We warn Israel and the U.S. administration not to cross any red lines."

Trump indicated his administration had spoken "briefly" to the Palestinians and would speak to them again "in a period of time."

Netanyahu said he had accepted the U.S. invitation. His office said he would fly to the United States on Sunday. A Gantz spokesman did not respond when asked whether Gantz had accepted Trump's invitation.

Netanyahu, a veteran right-wing Israeli leader, faces political and legal troubles at home - he is heading for his third election in less than a year, and was indicted on criminal charges in November. He denies any wrongdoing.

Israeli political analysts viewed Trump's invitation as a boost to Netanyahu, his right-wing ally.

Netanyahu's principal domestic political rival Gantz, a centrist former general, this week lifted his objection to having the peace plan be published before Israel's March election. He had previously objected to it as interference in the vote.

LONG-DELAYED PLAN

The launch of Trump's plan to end the decades-long conflict between Israel and the Palestinians has been delayed numerous times over the last two years.

A source familiar with the peace team's thinking said bringing both Netanyahu and Gantz in on the details is aimed at defusing any suggestion that Trump might be favoring one Israeli candidate over another.

Trump is facing his own political clock, preoccupied with his bid for re-election in November, and could ill afford to wait for months for Israel to decide who its next prime minister will be, the source said.

"If we waited we could be in the same position four months from now and never put out the plan," the source said.

The political proposal is the product of three years of work by Kushner, Berkowitz and former envoy Jason Greenblatt. Kushner proposed a $50 billion economic plan for the Middle East last July at a conference in Bahrain.

Sounds like they are going to knock this one out of the park. I'm sure those swarthy Palestinians will grow to love Hanukkah....I mean who doesn't like 8 days of presents?

Edited by Blotto

What the fuck is Pompeo even talking about?  
Post-interview conversation is one thing.  Berating someone about doing their job is a whole other thing.
What is the Bangladesh nonsense?

I THINK he’s saying that she pointed to Bangladesh instead of Ukraine. Which isn’t even plausible - for fuck’s sake, Bangladesh isn’t anywhere near Europe.
So, he’s lying. It’s what they do. It may be the only true constant running through this admin: lie, and do it with religious fervor and dedication.

13 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i for one, am shocked and appalled that someone who trump has appointed to a high post is uniquely unqualified and completely out of his depth, while handling it like the consummate professional dickwad we all know him to be.

It's the faux outrage defense, I hear it's all the rage these days.

He was hovering towards going straight Phase IV but he just didn't have the courage.

As a side note-he was CIA director back when Trump met with Putin at the July 7 G20 summit (the meeting with no journalists). Remember that?  It seems so long ago.

May 2017 was when Trump met with the Soviets in the Oval Office, the American agent was extracted around that same time frame. But between that time frame, June 8 is when Rudy met with Poroshenko and Lutsenko in Ukraine while after his meeting with Vlad, Trump calls for the investigation re Manafort & Ukraine.

Pompeo has so much he is not saying he must be ready to pop a blood vessel on his broad face due to the stress.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I THINK he’s saying that she pointed to Bangladesh instead of Ukraine. Which isn’t even plausible - for fuck’s sake, Bangladesh isn’t anywhere near Europe.
So, he’s lying. It’s what they do. It may be the only true constant running through this admin: lie, and do it with religious fervor and dedication.

His staff confused Bangladesh with Belarus, which makes the whole thing that much more hilarious.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But see he is not lying.  All he said is Bangladesh is not Ukraine, which of course is true.  He simply dropped that little nugget to imply that she pointed to the wrong country.  That way when she replies he can say, I never said you pointed to the wrong country...why are you so triggered.  It is the troll mentality  of this entire administration.  Imply, incite, trigger but above all...deny.

• Like 2

VFW demands an apology from Bone Spurs for downplaying the seriousness of traumatic brain injuries.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/politics/trump-vfw-traumatic-brain-injuries/index.html

The VFW expects an apology from the President to our service men and women for his misguided remarks," William "Doc" Schmitz, VFW National Commander, said in a statement Friday, following the Pentagon's announcement that 34 US service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries in the January 8 Iranian attack.

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Post-interview conversation is one thing.  Berating someone about doing their job is a whole other thing.

Agree.

Can we speak off the record?

Of course, Mr. Secretary.

You're a stupid, fucking cunt who couldn't find Ukraine on the maps! You're a liar!

Sorry, no King's Ex or immunity for being a psycho sycophant to a narcissist tyrant, fuckwad. Nobody outside of your pathetic coterie will bend the knee. May you end up hanging by a single foot from a Washington DC lamp post.

Of course the conversation got reported. It is news. You don't get to berate someone hiding behind confidentiality; it's like Trump's notion of absolute immunity has spread like a disease throughout the ship.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I’m starting to feel the berserker rage of my ancestors. Glad I retain a modicum of modern restraint.

29 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

VFW demands an apology from Bone Spurs for downplaying the seriousness of traumatic brain injuries.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/politics/trump-vfw-traumatic-brain-injuries/index.html

The VFW expects an apology from the President to our service men and women for his misguided remarks," William "Doc" Schmitz, VFW National Commander, said in a statement Friday, following the Pentagon's announcement that 34 US service members have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries in the January 8 Iranian attack.

They won't get one. Trump will say they are not war heroes, that they're only war heroes because they received traumatic brain injuries, and that he likes people who weren't recipients of traumatic brain injuries.

Pentagon:  "Mr. President, these troops are suffering from massive brain trauma from the missile shockwaves."

Trump: "Meh, sounds like a bad headache."

Walter Reid VA:  "Sir, it can be fatal actually."

Trump: "Nobody knows more about brain trauma than me.  I've studied it spectacularly.  They'll be fine, let's move on to the next item.  What's the worst that could happen?"

Joint Chiefs: "If left untreated, they could become like...you know...Eric."

Trump:  "I'm just gonna leave the top section of the check blank, fill in whatever you need.  I'm gonna go apologize to all of them individually."  

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Your link to the video of this didn’t show up. I’ll give you some time to correct that mistake before I neg you. But not a lotta time

Knew that was gonna ensnare you. Haha.  

Tried to find a clip, but looks like I'll have to go through IMDb (22 episodes, only one season!) when I get extremely bored.

At the time, 1983, I was blown away that a eurythmics song was in a soap opera,  with Ward dancing in the officers? club to boot.

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

anderson cooper, earlier today, remarked with something like, "i like the fact that he has a map with no names on it, just, at the ready, in case he needs to have one of his aids go grab it in order to test somebody.  maybe i should try that."

and by mentioning bangladesh the way he did, he implies that she pointed to the wrong country, without actually accusing her of doing so.

11 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

anderson cooper, earlier today, remarked with something like, "i like the fact that he has a map with no names on it, just, at the ready, in case he needs to have one of his aids go grab it in order to test somebody.  maybe i should try that."

and by mentioning bangladesh the way he did, he implies that she pointed to the wrong country, without actually accusing her of doing so.

You guys are so cynical.  Perhaps it wasn't a test at all.  Maybe all the Trump cabinet members were given a blank map and the first one to fill in all the countries correctly wins a prize.  He was probably just using her to help him identify Ukraine, and when he realized he had a smarty, he thought he'd try to get Bangladesh as a bonus.

Someone should introduce this Paula White to Linda Blair. Linda will let her know that getting involved with that exorcism stuff is a career killer.

Today......guess what? The President has NO events scheduled. None. Can you believe it?

With an eye toward the upcoming week:

*The President will be pumping himself up to speak at his rally in NJ on Tuesday and then on Thursday he will be in IOWA.

In the meantime, thanks to all of the depressing news that has been published world wide, I had a terrible dream last night that Trump's Administration had taken over the Federal Reserve and placed everything under the control of the President to do with as he pleases. I've been reading about financial systems lately, and some wires must have got crossed. Nothing like waking up in a panic. This 2020  is off to a heckuva start.

*Also, on Feb 2 and 3, the President will have an interview with Sean Hannity (two parts). I'm speculating as to whether that is being taped this weekend or perhaps next as I am going to be surprised if it is live. Propaganda doesn't go off script I would imagine.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar

It’s a lie.

Because like his boss, he’s a lying liar who lies a lot.

And a straight turd. Fuck that guy.
  • Like 1

Well, the Twitter Tantrum today is going to be a spectacle. However it does remind me of three quotes from famous Mafia men:

“Other kids are brought up nice and sent to Harvard and Yale. Me? I was brought up like a mushroom.” ~ Frank Costello

“If you think your boss is stupid, remember, you wouldn’t have a job if he was any smarter” ~ John Gotti

“If you don’t do whatcha supposed to, i’m going to lock your kid in the fuckin’ refrigerator” ~ Jimmy Burke

@HenryJames quick to the draw. Hat's off to you

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

Knew that was gonna ensnare you. Haha.  
Tried to find a clip, but looks like I'll have to go through IMDb (22 episodes, only one season!) when I get extremely bored.
At the time, 1983, I was blown away that a eurythmics song was in a soap opera,  with Ward dancing in the officers? club to boot.

Negged

19 hours ago, Lobo said:

Pentagon:  "Mr. President, these troops are suffering from massive brain trauma from the missile shockwaves."

Trump: "Meh, sounds like a bad headache."

Walter Reid VA:  "Sir, it can be fatal actually."

Trump: "Nobody knows more about brain trauma than me.  I've studied it spectacularly.  They'll be fine, let's move on to the next item.  What's the worst that could happen?"

Joint Chiefs: "If left untreated, they could become like...you know...Eric."

Trump:  "Who is Eric?"

FIFY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1