Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Would you Evangelical supporters of Trump explain something to me.  What are you doing at 7:20am on a Sunday morning?  I'll bet dollars to donuts you're getting ready for Church.  What was your false Messiah doing at the same time?  Tweeting veiled death threats to a public official.  Obviously this is what Jesus meant by "Love your enemies."  

I would love to learn just a little bit more about how you can hear a Christian sermon in this day and age and possibly merry it with what Trump is doing.  At least Osteen and Bakker and the other frauds know their scripture well enough that they can mold and chose it to fit their scam.  Trump's answer to his favorite passage in the bible was "Oh well, I like 'em all about the same I guess."  (Which is actually kinda funny, 'cause I'm the exact same way.  Must be twice as hard for him though being the President and all).

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

Just another normal day where after being caught on tape threatening to kill an ambassador he dislikes (because she’s an uppity woman who won’t play ball) the president is threatening to murder a congressman. 

and not a single Republican speaks up about it.  

3 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I know I should keep reading the thread before responding to this, but...wow.

What must it be like for a man like Schiff to have just laid out everything dangerous about a president who wants to be a despot? You command the facts and speak eloquently and with real emotion. You stand up for the principles of the country in the best tradition of Congressional discourse.

And the above is the response. It's so puerile in its form spiced with imperial malice and ending in a threat only a man who considers himself to be the state would make. 

You would think that all you have to do is raise your hand and gesture in the direction of this fine note from the president of a republic as a crowning confirmation of your entire argument. This villain, this clear and present threat to the republic, must be removed if we are to be who we say we are.

Adam Schiff gets to live in a world almost drained of rationality. Republicans want to dismiss his speech because he quoted a reliable news source about the president threatening his own party with the phrase "heads on pikes." Here, the president openly threatens Schiff himself in the same royal voice. What more should be needed to rouse all the people? Can you not see this? What?

This will all wash away in the continual waves of craziness, stupidity, malignancy, and ineptitude that batter the national shore continually everyday.

"We are lost."

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, LongestHorn said:

Keep your fucking hands off my NPR, bitch.

While NPR does not receive any direct federal funding, it does receive a small number of competitive grants from CPB and federal agencies like the Department of Education and the Department of Commerce. This funding amounts to approximately 2% of NPR's overall revenues.[24]

Pretty sure they are safe.

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I can’t wait for him to butcher a simple ‘RIP’.  Ignorant fuck...Should have been him on the helicopter.  

"Kobe and I had much in common. Some say he was the greatest basketball player of all time, and many, many people are saying I'm the greatest President of all time! #MAGA #Readthetranscript #Schiftyschiff"

• Haha 3

"And uh, we're both over 6'3" in height.  Both very athletic.  I mean, people are saying if I'm not the greatest, then certainly next greatest after Lincoln.  Kinda like Jordan and Kobe.  Of course, you've got LeBron and KD coming up vying for that title.  And I'll have to be compared by history to up-and-coming Presidential hopefuls like Ivanka and Donald, Jr. "

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

EPEkukXWoAAFIvu?format=jpg&name=900x900

I literally had this conversation with my mom's husband (they married when I was in college, so I don't count him as my stepdad).

He was talking about Hunter Biden and I asked, "what about Ivanka? Do you really think she'd be working in the White House if her father wasn't the president?".  His response, "I don't know, maybe".  I gave up at that point

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I literally had this conversation with my mom's husband (they married when I was in college, so I don't count him as my stepdad).

He was talking about Hunter Biden and I asked, "what about Ivanka? Do you really think she'd be working in the White House if her father wasn't the president?".  His response, "I don't know, maybe".  I gave up at that point

False equivalency is one of the main legs of the GOP stool.  Hunter Biden is the most corrupt person ever but never mind that the Trump Foundation was an admitted fraud and had to be closed down and the Trump family had to go to court orders classes about how to not run cons.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jive Turkey said:

It's weird how important that is, and how I am so little excited about its potential impact.

The US Senate is run by a criminal organization. 

A large plurality of Americans are deeply loyal to this organization.

We have become a consistently bad actor on the international stage.

Trump is just one of the heads of the hydra we face. The replacement head will likely actually be cunning and effective.

The only way this works out even fairly well if is Trump takes down the organization with him as he thrashes in the death throes of his administration.

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Would you Evangelical supporters of Trump explain something to me.  What are you doing at 7:20am on a Sunday morning?  I'll bet dollars to donuts you're getting ready for Church.  What was your false Messiah doing at the same time?  Tweeting veiled death threats to a public official.  Obviously this is what Jesus meant by "Love your enemies."  

I would love to learn just a little bit more about how you can hear a Christian sermon in this day and age and possibly merry it with what Trump is doing.  At least Osteen and Bakker and the other frauds know their scripture well enough that they can mold and chose it to fit their scam.  Trump's answer to his favorite passage in the bible was "Oh well, I like 'em all about the same I guess."  (Which is actually kinda funny, 'cause I'm the exact same way.  Must be twice as hard for him though being the President and all).

Every time you try to rationalize with rational thinking you are doing it wrong. And this thread grows longer by the day with pleas for people to think. 

I don't think thats the problem

ya'll be cool. beautiful day today. ever thus to nukes lebowski

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

If Bolton gave 2 shits about this country, he would have already marched his ass over to Congress and told them he would testify, subpoena or no.

he doesn't need a subpoena.  he doesn't need the senate floor.  he doesn't work for the us govt anymore.  blanket stonewall/privilege doesn't even apply.

dude can hold a fucking press conference tomorrow if he wanted.

• Like 1

he doesn't need a subpoena.  he doesn't need the senate floor.  he doesn't work for the us govt anymore.  blanket stonewall/privilege doesn't even apply.
dude can hold a fucking press conference tomorrow if he wanted.
His publisher would be PISSED tho.

Bolton is holding his tongue for the very simple reason that he's keeping a few cards to play for the next administration.  It's like Norm Peterson said in "Dreamscape"...Presidents come and go...John Bolton remains.  Seriously though, I wish that some of you in Austin would take advantage of the embarrassment of riches we have at UT/LBJ.  No need to pay thousands of dollars or be a PhD student, just a nominal bit of engagement in terms of time and money...and in any given year you can have off-the-record talks/lunches/dinners with Brennan, Bolton, McRaven, Inman, Comey, et. al.  All on campus as these men float in and out constantly and do small events with folks with a demonstrable interest and willingness to work with students in some capacity.  You just have to give slightly more of a shit than just hating Trump and a willingness to drive for a short while.  

Edited by Lobo