Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

lulz

That’s a bold strategy to try and destroy the guy who could wreck things for you.   

It’s like a little kid fucking with the family pet, and then wondering why it bit or scratched him.   Trump keeps this up, Bolton is liable to show up at Schiff’s office, begging to go in front of the HIC.   

• Like 1

I like that he put "begged" in quotation marks.  So in the obvious event that this infuriates Bolton, he can always say, "I didn't say you literally begged."  One thing Bolton doesn't like being called, and that's someone who doesn't keep his mouth shut on classified topics.  As posted above, Trump is himself "begging" for Bolton to now demand to be heard, either on the Senate floor or in a press conference.  Just when you think Trump can't get any dumber.  

I think the WH or Trump either finally got through the manuscript and know Bolton is going scorched earth, or they got some kind of signal from him that he's not going into the senate as a team player, so they are going to try to tear him down hoping the base will tune him out when hes on the stand.  If the R party doesnt sit up and take notice when John Bolton wont play along, nothing will get their attention. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I like that he put "begged" in quotation marks.  So in the obvious event that this infuriates Bolton, he can always say, "I didn't say you literally begged."  One thing Bolton doesn't like being called, and that's someone who doesn't keep his mouth shut on classified topics.  As posted above, Trump is himself "begging" for Bolton to now demand to be heard, either on the Senate floor or in a press conference.  Just when you think Trump can't get any dumber.  

That and Bolton thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room (just like Trump), and probably doesn’t like Dotard calling him incompetent.   

It will help sell Bolton’s book, which will piss Trump off even more.  

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

That and Bolton thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room (just like Trump), and probably doesn’t like Dotard calling him incompetent.   

Bolton is actually quite smart though.  You may not like or respect him, and I certainly don't care for his warmongering.  But he's a brilliant guy that runs intellectual laps around Trump.  But yeah, this is Trump 101...smear Bolton as an incompetent traitor and that'll keep 80% of the GOP Senators from acknowledging him.  But a handful have to stand up and take note of Bolton because of how serious he is in the foreign affairs landscape and how much he knows about where America and her Senate bury the bodies.  

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Oh, thank you for mentioning book sales. The talking points among certain circles regarding the Obama's book deal from (Penguin?) is rather hilarious when you see how pretty much everyone is hawking a book and the bidding rights in the Obama's case were for a book from both of them and who knows what the advance sum was prior to the sales to reach the end sum. Lol, what will the RNC do when it has to start buying thousands of copies of books from everyone in the Trump organization?

3 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh, thank you for mentioning book sales. The talking points among certain circles regarding the Obama's book deal from (Penguin?) is rather hilarious when you see how pretty much everyone is hawking a book and the bidding rights in the Obama's case were for a book from both of them and who knows what the advance sum was prior to the sales to reach the end sum. Lol, what will the RNC do when it has to start buying thousands of copies of books from everyone in the Trump organization?

They should make it easy on everyone and just print them in Cyrillic script. 

Edited by Pescado_Rojo

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I for one am looking forward to Eric's book as it'll make the perfect gift for my oldest daughter's 5th birthday. 

In all seriousness though---Donald is going to basically bribe somebody at the end of his term to write a flattering book about their time with Trump.  And then the RNC or somebody is going to have to buy, as you said, thousands of copies to make it look like it's a seller.  I full on predict getting a dozen free books as giveaways for myriad events in 2021 from his various appointees and senior staff.  And a publisher will foolishly throw money at those folks not understanding two things...most of his voters don't buy/read books.  And almost none of his supporters give a shit about what any of his staff or cabinet members have to say.  Maybe the three kids would write best-sellers, because his supporters do love his family...but none of his voters care about what Pompeo, Devos, or Perry have to say about their time in service to the country.  

Who the hell can even keep up with who his senior staff or cabinet members are at any one given moment?  It revolves so much, it's not a cabinet...more like a Lazy Susan.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, High Plains Drifter said:

WW 3 = War on Drugs

WW 4 = War on Terrorism

WW 5 = War on Christmas

After starting strong and winning the first two , we dropped the last three, and are now 2-3 in World Wars. We might not make a World War Bowl Game.

You forgot the war on Christians! 

mindblown.gif

I mean, in a high level kinda way...we do classify our national security "lies" as much as we classify our national security "truths"...but yeah...no way that's what Trump meant.  

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, TXSG8R said:

I think the WH or Trump either finally got through the manuscript and know Bolton is going scorched earth, or they got some kind of signal from him that he's not going into the senate as a team player, so they are going to try to tear him down hoping the base will tune him out when hes on the stand.  If the R party doesnt sit up and take notice when John Bolton wont play along, nothing will get their attention. 

No way Trump read any of it. At best it was a half page outline of high points. The guy doesn’t read. 

47 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

WW 3 = War on Drugs

WW 4 = War on Terrorism

WW 5 = War on Christmas

After starting strong and winning the first two , we dropped the last three, and are now 2-3 in World Wars. We might not make a World War Bowl Game.

I think I'm missing the Infrastructure Week War of 2017.

The Tax Cut Wars of 2017.

Or the Trade Wars of 2019.

Or that exciting pseudo-war with Iran (currently ongoing).

America is going to be so fucking great once all these wars are over with.  I'll shed tears.  

22 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I think I'm missing the Infrastructure Week War of 2017.

The Tax Cut Wars of 2017.

Or the Trade Wars of 2019.

Or that exciting pseudo-war with Iran (currently ongoing).

America is going to be so fucking great once all these wars are over with.  I'll shed tears.  

And the War on Decency? The War on Cholesterol? The War on Suits that Fit?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Ten Bears said:

Stolen from the internets:

ALL THE WITNESSES: Ok, we all agree. This is what happened.

REPUBLICANS: None of you were in the room!

BOLTON: *raises hand* Well I was in the...

REPUBLICANS: Who asked you?! Shut up! You’re a liberal pawn!

BOLTON: Um... I’m actually I’m a lifelong Republican and I was literally Trump’s national security advi...

REPUBLICANS: Shut your mustache! Somebody bring back the first national security advisor.

FLYNN: *in orange jumpsuit* Hey sorry guys I’m in jail lol.

REPUBLICANS: What? Why?

FLYNN: For lying to the FBI about the Russia investigation.

REPUBLICANS: Well what idiot told you to do that?!

FLYNN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! No one believes either of you!

KELLY: *raises hand* I believe them. And I was Trump’s Chief of sta...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! Let’s talk to the real chief of staff. Who is he?

MULVANEY: *raises hand* It’s me.

REPUBLICANS: Shit. Never mind.

PARNAS: *raises hand* I was also in the room. In fact, here’s a cell phone video of the President saying that...

REPUBLICANS: Wait what?! How in hell did you sneak a cell phone into a meeting with the President?

PARNAS: It was easy I just walked right in and...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up! You’re a criminal!

PARNAS: Correct. And I just walked right into...

TRUMP: I don’t know him.

PARNAS: And here’s 500 pictures of me with the President because we’re besties.

REPUBLICANS: Wait... What idiot introduced you to the President??

PARNAS: His personal lawyer.

REPUBLICANS: Cohen??

COHEN: *also in orange jumpsuit* Hey no sorry guys I’m in jail too.

REPUBLICANS: Why?

COHEN: For campaign finance violations.

REPUBLICANS: Who’s campaign?

COHEN: The Pres...

REPUBLICANS: Shut up!

PARNAS: It was Giuliani.

YOVANOVITCH: Giuliani! That’s the guy who had me fired from my job!

REPUBLICANS: Who are you??

YOVANOVITCH: I was the ambassador to Ukraine.

REPUBLICANS: Wait, you had her fired? Do you work for the government??

GIULIANI: Nope.

REPUBLICANS: Well who is the ambassador to the European Union??

SONDLAND: *raises hand* Me. I was also in the roo...

REPUBLICANS: F@$&!!!

PUTIN: *rubs his bare chest*

Oh my word, that is glorious. Kudos to whomever wrote that.

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

How does a 'formal' threat differ from a regular old mob threat? Body parts delivered in boxes? Medals ripped off of uniforms? Sternly worded Cippilone letter? Oddjob dressed in a 3 piece suit? This meshing of old world diplomacy with new mafia glastnost has me so confused.

Ignoring the incorrect spelling, this is a good example of manipulating words to fool a lazy-minded reader who doesn't stop and question, has no relevant historical background, or why someone might vote against something. So was this a Trump manipulation as his natural habit or another person in the WH who is assisting him in getting these tweets out? (For example, he makes a statement and his assistants paraphrase the tweet.)

Also, he might want to amend that to 4950 because the 50 soldiers with TBI may already be back stateside.

42 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

So in the span of six hours, Trump has called an ideologue incompetent and untrustworthy, oh and he’s saying he can’t publish his book.  He’s not only removed the obstacles (book profits) that were keeping Bolton from talking to a lot of people, he’s goading him into doing it.   

also, they're using the warchest (probably illegally, like everything else team trump does) to just hand loot to minority voters in swing states

Allies of Donald Trump have begun holding events in black communities where organizers lavish praise on the president as they hand out tens of thousands of dollars to lucky attendees.

The first giveaway took place last month in Cleveland, where recipients whose winning tickets were drawn from a bin landed cash gifts in increments of several hundred dollars, stuffed into envelopes. A second giveaway scheduled for this month in Virginia has been postponed, and more are said to be in the works.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/29/trump-black-voters-cash-giveaways-108072

Edited by elfenix

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

also, they're using the warchest (probably illegally, like everything else team trump does) to just hand loot to minority voters in swing states

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/01/29/trump-black-voters-cash-giveaways-108072

tahoe's accusations of "walking around money" come to mind. every accusation is a ah fuck it

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, elfenix said:

I hate to do the whole "imagine if Obama..." but christ, imagine if Obama had done this. Republicans would have launched the race war they're hungering for right then and there.

Keeping in mind that the average republican thinks black people don't vote republican because they are lazy welfare queens and Republicans don't promise enough free stuff, this strategy makes complete sense to appeal to black voters instead of just reforming the racism inside the party. 

• Like 2

I hate to do the whole "imagine if Obama..." but christ, imagine if Obama had done this. Republicans would have launched the race war they're hungering for right then and there.

I’ve OD’d on “imagine if Obama” this week. It’s just too much.
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Literally buying votes. Literally.

32 minutes ago, seven said:

Keeping in mind that the average republican thinks black people don't vote republican because they are lazy welfare queens and Republicans don't promise enough free stuff, this strategy makes complete sense to appeal to black voters instead of just reforming the racism inside the party. 

If there was a Democratic Psy-Ops Counterintelligence Squad, now would be the time to implement a  disinformation attack:

Have video of this cash being handed out. Start viral rumor that this will be considered by Stephen Miller/Trump's DHS/CBP as 'reparations' and citizens of color seen accepting cash will be deported. Sad as that scenario sounds, both sides will believe it to be possible were Trump reelected, but only one party will cheer it if it were true.

Sorry but that’s bullshit.  I have little doubt that trump is whacked out of his mind on drugs.  But they’re not called Navy Medics. If you know the guy well enough that he’d trust you with that kinda information, you’d probably know his title.  And if he was attached to the WH, no way he’d leave somebody a message with that kind of information.  He might say something privately but he wouldn’t transmit a message of any kind with anything remotely close to that kind of intel.  That guy is as full of shit as Trump

Edited by Lobo