Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

So, the destruction of the military is underway:

Top Navy SEAL Rear Admiral Collin Green to step down in September

You think this guy will issue some sort of declaration stating why he is resigning? Surely some SEAL badass ain't afraid of a DoTArD?

46 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It'd take 20 years minimum to fix what the GOP has broken. Dems won't get 20 years.

Right, because a few years after Warren becomes President, we'll get a horrible recession caused by DoTaRD's idiocy coming home to roost, and she will get blamed by the morons.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

We had a nice run, America.  Last one out, turn off the lights.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/284156/trump-job-approval-personal-best.aspx

Trump Job Approval at Personal Best 49%

58 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

It's so much easier just to go in and fuck shit up than to build stuff.

The GOP is now the party of fucking shit up for fucking shit up's sake.

1 hour ago, sachick said:

I don’t think traditional polls are accurate anymore. Who the hell are they asking? People who answer their phone not knowing the number? How many people answer calls from people they don’t know? My phone is set to send non-contact numbers straight to voicemail. I think it’s mainly old retired white people answering these polls.

These are good questions that I don’t know the answers to. The significance is in the change relative to old Gallup numbers. 

9 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

So some people like fucking shit up?  Is that your point here?   Because there's always been a group of people who find joy in destroying what others have built.  

But let's say these numbers are accurate.  Do you feel confident that Dotus will keep these numbers up, given his propensity for stepping on his own dick?  I recall a lot of GOP'ers talking about how polls didn't matter in 2016 and 2018.  Why the sudden poll confidence?

34 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

These are good questions that I don’t know the answers to. The significance is in the change relative to old Gallup numbers. 

Here's info on how Gallup conducts their polls. It's by phone (both land and cell).  It doesn't answer how accurate it may be, but at least explains how it's done.

https://www.gallup.com/224855/gallup-poll-work.aspx

17 minutes ago, sachick said:

Good. Why sit there and listen to what you know will be nothing buy lies.

..and endless applause and standing ovations...these things have become unwatchable...just give the speech and let everyone go home/to a bar.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Burt said:

He's not in the back of the bus.  Progress?

I noticed he didn’t actually have a seat but was in the aisle as there were people taking up all the seats in that row.  I am guessing after the picture they told him to get off the plane.  Hopefully it wasn’t up in the air at the time.

1 hour ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I noticed he didn’t actually have a seat but was in the aisle as there were people taking up all the seats in that row.  I am guessing after the picture they told him to get off the plane.  Hopefully it wasn’t up in the air at the time.

Neurosurgeons don't fly coach.  Hippocrates out front shoulda told ya.

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Ho hum, another day in Orwell's Oceania....

Oh, Kevin....

What. The. Fuck. 

"In 2017, a normally routine document released by the archives, a records retention schedule, revealed that archivists had agreed that officials from Immigration and Customs Enforcement could delete or destroy documents detailing the sexual abuse and death of undocumented immigrants."

So, explain to the noob here about what we would be looking at were a President elected in 2016 (don't care who pick my mechanic if you like) to have worked on paying down the debt, not introduced the tax cut, not expanded the military expenditures, and curtailed the excessive travel expenses among other things. Would we be rocking along at a pretty good clip? Would the underpinnings noted above still be worrisome? Not trolling, I am learning, I like to do that as it seems to keep my brain active. Still wading through Bernorange's Insane Monetary thread but I have to look things up and it slows me down.

The GOP seems intent on racking up the debt to crash the entitlements, but I have concerns they've unleashed a beast. Or was that there all along?

10 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm not convinced this is the long term goal.  I think they just don't give a shit.

I'm not convinced the GOP even has goals at this point.  The party just maneuvers on the day-to-day whims of the President.

If Trump came out tomorrow fully supporting abortion rights (you know, an actual position he supported not all that long ago), you can damn sure bet that the  rest of the GOP (and evangelicals) would fall in right behind.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm not convinced this is the long term goal.  I think they just don't give a shit.

It's the long-term goal for GOPers like Paul Ryan. Others don't give a shit but have typically gotten behind that goal because doing so is what got them paid by billionaires.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm not convinced the GOP even has goals at this point.  The party just maneuvers on the day-to-day whims of the President.

If Trump came out tomorrow fully supporting abortion rights (you know, an actual position he supported not all that long ago), you can damn sure bet that the  rest of the GOP (and evangelicals) would fall in right behind.

They pretty much are running things like the Joker.

AdoredPoliticalHarpyeagle-size_restricte

• Like 3