Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

So, explain to the noob here about what we would be looking at were a President elected in 2016 (don't care who pick my mechanic if you like) to have worked on paying down the debt, not introduced the tax cut, not expanded the military expenditures, and curtailed the excessive travel expenses among other things. Would we be rocking along at a pretty good clip? Would the underpinnings noted above still be worrisome? Not trolling, I am learning, I like to do that as it seems to keep my brain active. Still wading through Bernorange's Insane Monetary thread but I have to look things up and it slows me down.

The GOP seems intent on racking up the debt to crash the entitlements, but I have concerns they've unleashed a beast. Or was that there all along?

Meh.  From the graph, manufacturing share of GDP has been on the decline for decades.  I will direct you to an article by David Kay Johnston for a better evaluation of the Trump Economy: 

https://www.dcreport.org/2020/02/04/trumps-ho-hum-economy-in-three-graphs/

I have a real problem with the tax cut, which basically increases the cash flows/earnings of corporations by 21% year in and year out which has fueled an already upward bound stock market which basically takes the money out of federal coffers and puts it in the hands of stockholders, and not just the ultra wealthy.  For average Joe's with a 401K and nearing retirement or already in retirement, this is really the only economic indicator they need to assess presidential success, since most people have no patience or critical thinking skills to evaluate solid economic policy.  Hence the popularity with the olds. Basically vote buying and makes it real hard to seriously consider even the most nonpartisan needs like infrastructure. 

• Like 1

Everyone call in sick and take the day off. 

I haven’t looked at comments on Facebook or Twitter but I assume all the mouth breathers are celebrating that he was acquired and therefore not impeached. Dumbasses don’t know that Trump will always be an impeached president.

2 hours ago, Pancho said:

I read the entire thread. Not far-fetched at all with their legal team laying the ground work into the official record last week. It would probably fall under the 'national interest,' Trump would claim therefore he would just do it and dare anyone to remove him which they won't. He's 'joked' over 30 times now, 30 (!) that he should stay in office. Supporters say he's trolling but I argue he's going to keep pushing that narrative.

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

He can do whatever he'd like because whatever he does is, by definition, in the name of "national interest" is what I was told. I'm sure you'd hear no argument from all the gleeful fellows who celebrated his acquittal.

L'état, c'est Trump.

The President has a busy day for himself. He canceled a press 'do' yesterday. Speculation was that he became a little upset regarding Romney and had to be sedated. It's just speculation and rumor, but it's a good rumor to get trending.

Anyway, his calendar for today begins with a trip to the Washington Hilton where he will attend the 68th annual Prayer Breakfast. The hotel is referred to by locals as the "Hinckley Hilton."

At 11:00 he will credential newly appointed Ambassadors. That should be interesting given the choice between people like the wonderful career ambassadors who serve the country vs Gordon Sondland. No doubt for which type he's going.

At noon, he will deliver remarks. Probably impeachment related remarks. Who knows? Perhaps given that he met with the Secretary of Defense yesterday, he will be announcing a war with Canada. Or an investigation into SoH Pelosi. Or that he is dissolving the BIA until the tribes announce an investigation into the Elizabeth Warren matter. The madness of King George Don.

After lunch he is in closed session with the President of the Republic of Kenya. Must have been a heck of a payment the Kenyan had to pay to meet with Trump, given that President Kenyatta is from one of those kind of countries. Or, perhaps he was invited: the far right has been pushing a conspiracy theory that former president Obama is going to run as president there, so time will tell what President Trump is up to regarding that but if he can get them to denounce the former President and tarnish his name you can count on it.

Late today, he has a Coronavirus update. I'm sure his people are prepared....

The veiled threat to Pelosi about dealing with her when he gets back to the WH in the first video is perhaps the most inappropriate thing in all of those.

It’s a good thing Senator Collins was right about Trump learning a lesson from the impeachment and acquittal.

• Like 1

That argument that if Trump does it, it must be in the nation's interest and therefore legal and perfect really does fit that narcissistic bag of shit.

He would redefine Christianity as the gospel according to Trump and his followers would let him.

He has no self awareness or humility and anything good or positive he does is a pure-d accident.

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I'm still blown away by suspending Global Entry for NY.  That's just...that can't be legal.  Do they get refunds?  It's rhetorical.

The first thing I saw on twitter sounded like they were suspending global entry in NY airports.  Then it was only for NY residents.  After reading some more, it sounds like they are only denying any new enrollment or renewals for NY residents.  Still shitty.  

Trump is comparing his election to the revolutionary war.

Revolution.

War.

Win or die.

Actually, that sounds about right, except Trump’s weak and naive opposition still believes they are engaged in a political process where laws, norms and fair play matter.

• Like 1

I guess we'll know more at lunchtime. Still trying to ascertain if the Kenya meeting concerns the Obama Kenya election conspiracy theory or is related to Erik Prince's Frontier Group. It's either revenge or money with Trump, he's not able to have sex anymore, so the only ways to feed his ego are through those means or adulation by his minions and some days that just isn't enough....

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

Does Vegas have odds on the "announcement" today?  A bingo of sorts?

I wouldn't know, I stay away from that. #MittRomneyAmericanHero is trending #2 on Twitter. President is probably none too pleased about that being that Fox and tweets are his top two entertainments.

I saw a FB meme saying "Here's to our pets for loving us and never talking politics!"  It reminded me of Churchill's parrot Charlie that is still alive in England, regularly squawking "Fuck Hitler!" and "Fuck the Nazis!".  That got me to wondering:  If Trump had a parrot, what the fuck would it say?

"SHIFTY SHIFF!"
"LOCK HER UP!"
"FUCK THE DEMOCRATS!"
"COVFEFE!"

And then I realized, its dialog wouldn't be any more or less intelligible and reasoned than its owner's.  Taking that a step further, I realized that Trump's base are just fucking Charlie the Parrot, squawking the lines learned from their owner without any real thought or understanding.  Which lifted my spirits, because we should be able to win a fucking war against goddamned parrots.  But then I realized Churchill died in 1965.  His stupid fucking parrot has outlived him by 55 years and counting, and is still squawking the shit it learned from its owner 80 years ago.  That brought me down again and I ate a half box of girl scout cookies.

So in closing, I say fuck Hitler, fuck Trump, fuck parrots, fuck Trump's base and fuck free fucking association.  FUCK!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Although wiki says the Churchill story is bunk.

His claims have been solidly rejected by the administrators of the Chartwell property, Churchill's former country home, who have no record of any parrot. Further, Churchill's daughter, Lady Soames, has denied her father ever owned a macaw. According to Soames, Churchill did own a grey parrot named Polly, but sold the bird before assuming the role of Prime Minister.[2]

I've heard tell that Sir Gerald Nabarro has a pet prawn called Simon - you wouldn't call him a loony! Furthermore Dawn Pathorpe, the lady showjumper, had a clam called Stafford, after the late chancellor. Alan Bullock has two pikes, both called Chris, and Marcel Proust had an 'addock! 

• Like 1