Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

TxAgs are cheering Trump for this. They've decided that he isn't real military, I guess? Not sure how that computes. Feel for the witnesses and their families. They knew this might happen but they did the right thing anyway.

Culters gonna cult.

As posted on the other thread, the Vindmen aren't really losing jobs, just a posting, a detail.  They are and will remain officers of the US Army.

Now, if dotard starts leaning on Esper or the Secretary of the Army, that would be another deal.  Guess it wouldn't surprise me.

I still wonder what Bolton's play/mindset is as these events unfold. He's 72, so not super old, but not all that young really. His super PAC has something like $2 million in unspent funds-he suspended it during his time in Trump's administration. Is he going to go back to AEI? Wait to see which way the wind blows? He comes across as a selfish jerk, but maybe I don't know the whole story.

He can't go back to AEI because it'll drop their credibility with most members of the Senate in terms of how they influence policy.  He was dropped as a speaker for this summer's EC conference so that's a telling early warning sign.  Plenty of people will pick him up though as a fellow and give him a "credible" platform from which to shout.  In a weird way, I could see CATO giving him a spot which would have never been plausible 6 months ago.  

OMG he looks like the Sun from Teletubbies!!!! Only not in a good way.

Bolton is speaking at Vanderbilt this month so I guess for now he's plugging his book. With respect to his PAC, he used it to support various Republican candidates since 2014. He also paid Cambridge Analytica for data. A lot of money to them, actually.

According to Wiki, one of the Home Depot founders is one of his big money donors. I'm going to hope that he didn't receive any rubles.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

so handsome

Holy shit.  Is this an official white house account?  Somebody's getting fired! 

And I'm not talking about all of the government employees and ambassadors who testified to the House because we're officially a fully dysfunctional country run by a stupid authoritarian with fake hair and a shitty tan...

Edited by Tom
  • Fuck You 1

Okay, so possible American reactions to watching that Trump video:

“Lol, what a great troll job! He’s so kewl.”

“That’s my President! He’s a hero!”

”Great, my 401K is still good.”

”Batshit crazy. Lights are on but nobody’s home.”

”This simulation needs to stop now.”

”Hey Ivanka, how do you like my tights?”

5 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I'm so happy these stupid fuckers are getting played like this:

If you actually think any of those fuckers actually believed Trump was going to learn anything from the impeachment and acquittal except there are no consequences, you're the one getting played.

• Like 1

Saturday.

Donald Trump has no public events scheduled.

Yesterday while he was in North Carolina giving a rally (actually it was supposed to be an *Opportunity Zones event), at the close of his 'speech,' read his exchange with a woman in the audience. Groupies for the Teletubby, is the oddest thing.

Trump: "Thank you very much. Thank you. With the help of everyone here today, we are restoring the American Dream for the American family. We are giving a voice to those who were voiceless and hope to those who felt hopeless. No part of this country will ever again be ignored, neglected, overlooked, or abandoned. We are all united by a shared home, a shared destiny, and a shared devotion to our fellow citizens. We love our country. We are one American family --"  

[Audience member calls out]

Trump: "Thank you, darling. I love you, too. She blew my best line but -- would you stand up, please? Where are you? I think you're great. I love you, too. Thank you very much. I was all set to really hit it, but I like that better. But we're one American family. We rise together, we thrive together, and we win together."

*Opportunity Zones (as far as I can tell) are a boondoggle. The type of shiny object that looks good but tarnishes upon closer inspection.  Really, the devil is going to be in the details, but like a lot of details in this Administration, everything is rather murky w/respect to who actually benefits. Do poor communities get displaced while the area is redeveloped? Sure looks like it. Hard to say if the smaller areas with eligible zip codes that have no high dollar impact will get some crumbs.

“The thesis is that they are completely and utterly absurd as a policy level, because they absolutely, without question, hurt the segment of society that they are supposedly intended to benefit,” says Moore. Opportunity Zones are a boondoggle tax subsidy for the rich and an absolute disaster for the poor, he adds. This is Schuyler Moore from a firm in LA quoted from Tax Notes. Former candidate, Cory Booker, one of the architects of the program admitted it needs a lot of oversight to prevent harm. I like Cory, but the problem is exactly that--it's not going to get the oversight it needs. Witness Treasury Secretary Mnuchin scoring points for his pals by getting their projects included. We will see if Senator Wyden's bill, Opportunity Zones Reporting and Reform Act gets passed by the Republican Senate. You see, it turns out that there are 52 SPORTS STADIUMS IN OPPORTUNITY ZONES. "Which means owners of those teams could claim benefits for either future stadium improvements or development on land around stadiums that they bought up — all of which is already in their interest, Opportunity Zone or not," according to Pat Garofalo of Boondoggle.

• Like 1

That dementia drum that Tom Joseph has been beating is getting louder, though. My spouse figures that behind the scenes they are going to do everything they can for the next nine months to hide it until Pence or one of the Trump kids can take over. He's not the only one.

Can we get the 25th Amendment rolling?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

His stupid fat orange face makes me sick.  I don't listen to his stupid voice anymore and I would like to not ever see his face again.  He is everything that is and can be wrong with the world, embodied in one individual.

He's the archetypical "ugly American." He's the embodiment of every negative stereotype of Americans as seen by all the other people in the world. He's rich, fat, lazy, stupid, loud, arrogant, totally self-absorbed, and thinks everyone else is beneath him. 

• Like 2

That dementia drum that Tom Joseph has been beating is getting louder, though. My spouse figures that behind the scenes they are going to do everything they can for the next nine months to hide it until Pence or one of the Trump kids can take over. He's not the only one.

I don't know what slogans the RNC might be kicking around for the 2024 presidential contest, but Perseverance of Grievance is as concise as any.

Can we get the 25th Amendment rolling?

If you listen to the stealth hour plus Lev Parnas recording of Trump, you realize that he has a different personality in private and does not appear cognitively impaired.  He's not a bright bulb by any stretch, but it's nothing resembling dementia.  What we see at rallies, helo-pressers, and in other soundbites is a false character.  He appears cognitively impaired because of the ill-fitting combination of his perpetual lying, lack of understanding of complex matters facing a fit POTUS, and criminal personality. 

It's actually easier for him to get by appearing cognitively confused or limited because the alternative of maintaining credibility with his shit together while lying and deceiving the hell out of his followers is impossible for him.  People who give him the benefit of the doubt are just favorably filling in the blanks for what he's deliberately hiding.

• Like 1