Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lulz at that coverage, holy shit. 

yeah its crazy. i mean we were alive then right? i don't know whether to be embarrassed for republicans, fox news, america or just people in general. 

how do these people sleep at night? i mean i struggle to remember if the oven is turned off - let alone looking that fucking regarded over and over again, in permanence, recorded and shit. 

they must be lizard aliens. its the only thing that makes sense man

giphy.gif

Edited by staboner
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Homercles said:

No just don’t, please.  Comparing possibly the greatest anti-hero on tv vs the greatest anti-everything upward-falling dumbass in governmental history is a huge disservice to possibly the greatest tv show of all time.  

If anything, Trump is Joffrey, incompetent and irrational, but nonetheless thrust into leadership.  This time with no Tywin around to guide him.  If there is a Littlefinger, its Miller machinating in the background, but he is really probably more of a Varis.  What the Trump family really needs is a Tyrion.

Edited by FondrenRoad

Greatest Witch Hunt in American History! Except the ones where young women were actually innocent and murdered.

Or the ones where Trump’s mentor Roy Cohn help imprison and blacklist American citizens for loose ties to the Soviet Union, whose former citizens now leverage close financial ties back to Trump.

Or what about the witch hunt led by Kenneth Starr that compelled an American President to lie about a blowjob beginning a new age of impeachment that Trump’s lawyer Kenneth Starr now argues against? The same Kenneth Starr who helped cover up the sexual victimization of innocent women.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

If anything, Trump is Joffrey, incompetent and irrational, but nonetheless thrust into leadership.  This time with no Tywin around to guide him.  If there is a Littlefinger, its Miller machinating in the background, but he is really probably more of a Varis.  What the Trump family really needs is a Tyrion.

frustrated the wire GIF

9 hours ago, Message Board User said:

I believe Kierkegaard referred to this as the teleological suspension of the ethical but I suspect that Jefferies is just preaching straight up "power by whatever means necessary" without any spiritual higher attainment in mind.

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

I have no idea what any of this means.

This is immigration related, but as it is the President addressing the National Border Patrol Council, thought it belonged here. As noted earlier, the President spoke to the NBPC which represents around 18,000 officers and staff. The agency is very supportive of the President, so his remarks were very much in keeping with his rally atmosphere that he enjoys. He rambled around and spent quite a bit of time talking about wall construction, in one case discussing various features, including this one:

Donald Trump: "And then we put the concrete in. They pour the concrete inside through funnels. So it's a pretty amazing process, and they're doing it quickly. They have a very quick process. We're now going to probably bring it in. We're going to spray-paint it after -- after it's up. It gets spray-painted black. The black makes it extraordinarily hot, especially in areas along the Mexican border. It's not known for cold weather. It's known for quite hot weather. You don't have too much snow in this area, right? Would you say, Chad? Not too much. In fact, if you had any, that would be called climate change, I think. Right? [Laughter] When they do that -- when they do that, I'm there. I'm a believer."

The immigrants waiting in makeshift camps in Matamoros would please request that the President come spend a night in an unheated tent or box, bathe in the river, and then describe how temperatures in the 40s and 50s at night feel. Sometimes it is colder, but this has been a mild winter. As for climate change, Mr. President, just shut up. Every time you open your mouth I grow sad about the level of ignorance.

Donald Trump: "But what you have is, when that gets painted black, it becomes virtually untouchable during many parts of the season because of the sun hitting it. The black absorbs the heat. So not only would you have to be a good climber, but you're going to have to bring a hose with lots of water to water it down, and there aren't too many hoses in the area, and there's not too much water in the area either."

Donald Trump: "And in all of those areas where the wall has been put up, it's virtually 100 percent effective. But don't worry, we won't take your jobs away. [Laughter] Okay, Brandon? We have -- we'll -- what it will do, it'll just be -- it's going to be an additional, tremendous safety valve. When I first started, they wanted drones."

Of course he won't take their jobs away, it has become a loosely regulated army with little oversight. What's a fascist not to like about that?

And, at least a cow wasn't catapulted, that would have been a good 'Sir' story:

Donald Trump: "You know, again, I was going put up a wall. Just get it built. And then they said, "Sir, you've got to -- you've got to do it right, sir." Then I figured, you know, much easier doing it the old-fashioned way. Let's throw up concrete plank. But they said, "That's not good." You know, one of the stories they say is that they were throwing bags of drugs over the wall with catapults. Right? Heavy bags -- 150, 200 pounds of drugs. But you couldn't see. So they'd throw it over. And sometimes, it would actually hit Border Patrol agents and other people on the other side because you couldn't see through. And as soon as they said that -- that was thing that got me. I said, "You're right."

Of course, bag on California- that is a favorite mantra:

Donald Trump: "And we've had those times not so far away, where our economy is not good. It's not the same job. When the economy is not only good, it's the best we've ever had, many more people come up. Many more people come up when you have governors of California saying, "If you come to the United States, we'll give you free healthcare. But the fact is: We give people a lot. And when you have governors -- certain governors, in particular -- saying that they're going to give so much away, people come that never even thought of coming. So it makes the job more difficult. But really, when you have this great economy, everybody wants it, and we can't let that happen because things will go -- and, by the way, we do want people coming into our country, but they have to come in legally and they have to come in through merit."

You may have seen the news regarding the number of deportees killed  murdered after they have been sent to a country not from where they originated, so let's just discuss how we feel about that, shall we? America should feel good about that? Note the laughter. Tell me again how the women and children crossing are vicious criminals? How the young father and his daughter who drowned were vicious? Is there any doubt that the BP views immigrants as <human?

Donald Trump: "Guatemala, if you look -- El Salvador -- all of the different countries -- Mexico -- we're signing agreements. We've already signed agreements -- Honduras. We've signed agreements. Safe third -- call it whatever you want. Give it any name you want. But safe third -- and we bring them back. You know, in the old days, I think we can say, Brandon, it wasn't so easy to bring them back. You couldn't bring them back. They wouldn't take them. We could catch a murderer from Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador. We bring them back and they say, "Don't land your plane. Your bus can't come in. You can't come in. We don't want them. We don't want them back." Now they take them back very openly and very nicely. Is that right? Would you say that's right? We couldn't bring them back; they wouldn't take them. They'd send them to us. They were vicious criminals, in some cases, and when they brought them back under the past administration, they wouldn't take them. So we'd end up bringing them back. Now, they take them back gladly. Someday we'll explain how that worked. [Laughter] We're removing illegal border crossers at a tremendous pace and making it clear that if you break our laws, you will be sent back home. And your home will accept you with open arms or open prisons or whatever it is they want to do with them. [Laughter] And we have to put some in jails."

Sanctuary cities, he has a plan for those:

Donald Trump: "Many, many communities -- they don't want them in California. You hear "California," but they don't want them. The politicians want them for whatever reason.That's why we're calling on Congress to pass legislation giving American victims the right to sue sanctuary cities and hold them accountable for the suffering and the damages that they've caused. American citizens are entitled to safe neighborhoods and safe streets that, really, the people in this room have provided where they're given the opportunity. With sanctuary cities, they're really not given that opportunity. You're the noble guardians who protect our loved ones, and you keep America safe and you do an incredible job of doing it. Nobody could do it like you do. Under my administration, we know that border security is national security -- very much the same thing."

At least he didn't call the El Paso shooter a noble hero for making America safe. So there is that. Yeesh.