Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

(NSIAP)

Breaking news:  Russians want Trump Re-elected

Spoiler

Spoiler
  • Feb. 20, 2020, 4:55 p.m. ET
    •  
    • +WASHINGTON — Intelligence officials warned House lawmakers last week that Russia was interfering in the 2020 campaign to try to get President Trump re-elected, five people familiar with the matter said, in a disclosure that angered Mr. Trump, who complained that Democrats would use it against him.

The day after the Feb. 13 briefing to lawmakers, Mr. Trump berated Joseph Maguire, the outgoing acting director of national intelligence, for allowing it to take place, people familiar with the exchange said. Mr. Trump cited the presence in the briefing of Representative Adam B. Schiff, the California Democrat who led the impeachment proceedings against him, as a particular irritant.

During the briefing to the House Intelligence Committee, Mr. Trump’s allies challenged the conclusions, arguing that Mr. Trump has been tough on Russia and strengthened European security. Some intelligence officials viewed the briefing as a tactical error, saying that had the official who delivered the conclusion spoken less pointedly or left it out, they would have avoided angering the Republicans.

That intelligence official, Shelby Pierson, is an aide to Mr. Maguire who has a reputation of delivering intelligence in somewhat blunt terms. The president announced on Wednesday that he was replacing Mr. Maguire with Richard Grenell, the ambassador to Germany and long an aggressively vocal Trump supporter.

Though some current and former officials speculated that the briefing may have played a role in the removal of Mr. Maguire, who had told people in recent days that he believed he would remain in the job, two administration officials said the timing was coincidental. Mr. Grenell had been in discussions with the administration about taking on new roles, they said, and Mr. Trump had never felt a personal kinship with Mr. Maguire.

Spokeswomen for the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and its election security office declined to comment. A White House spokesman did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

A House intelligence committee official called the Feb. 13 briefing an important update about “the integrity of our upcoming elections” and said that members of both parties attended, including Representative Devin Nunes of California, the top Republican on the committee.

The Washington Post first reported the Oval Office confrontation between Mr. Trump and Mr. Maguire.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Edited by jimmyjazz

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Ooh, the elusive unintentionally-embedded spoiler.

Pro Tip: Paste/Special/Plain Text resolves all those shitty formatting issues. It is especially appreciated by those of us who view in dark mode (much easier on the eyes).

Now, back to trying to read that mess.

1 minute ago, 4th&Five said:

And that stooge/ally has close relations with the far-right Alternative für Deutschland Party which changed it previously hostile stance toward Putin/Russia in 2015 and now advocates for closer ties as well as a lifting of sanctions. I'm guessing, they, like far-right groups across the US and Europe, started receiving support and funding by the Kremlin about then.

5 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Fuck the GOP. What an absolute disgrace they are.

What are the Fox News talking points regarding blocking the election security bills? Has anyone tried to defend this garbage yet? Fucking losers

i guess its fake news? i dunno man. seems like it should be spread far and wide but for some reason i only see if talked about here. 

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Fuck the GOP. What an absolute disgrace they are.

What are the Fox News talking points regarding blocking the election security bills? Has anyone tried to defend this garbage yet? Fucking losers

They just don't cover it. If Fox doesn't cover it, it didn't happen.  Did you see their coverage of the Senate trial?  Still kind of surprised he hasn't started having opponents killed yet. He could get away with it easily. Fox will lay down cover for him and the Senate won't do shit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I'm going to open a bottle of wine the day Moscow Mitch croaks. He's Trump's firewall and the main one I blame for all of this. 

Moscow Mitch is probably overall much worse than trump for the country and trump is the biggest piece of shit to ever walk the planet. So what does that tell you about Moscow Mitch?

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I'm going to open a bottle of wine the day Moscow Mitch croaks. He's Trump's firewall and the main one I blame for all of this. 

I’m a lightweight, but I can support this to the point that I’d have bottles lined up for a rogue’s gallery of potent potables consumed with each celebratory passing. 

I still cannot wrap my head around the installation of Grinell as DNI head. Dude was the one that Parnas and the Firtash lawyers were dealing with (besides Sondland). Russian interference aside, the GOP are such craven cowardly idiots that they cannot see WE HAVE NO NATIONAL SECURITY. They are only thinking of $$ and power and forgetting that there are plenty of ways foreign interests can harm US citizens and they don’t care. And supporters are too busy ‘owning the libs’ to see the danger that is at their doorstep. 

It’s a night for the ledge I guess. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s stunning that Republicans hold up the biggest fucking snowflake of a President we’ve ever had as somebody they want to lead them.  We can’t go a weak without him getting his feels hurt.   

he brought in a base into the party that they've never seen before. 

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russians?

Naaw, heck they were all in on Moscow before big T. Senator Ron Johnson was traveling over there during the Obama years. If we had a real bonafide DOJ, they’d be looking beyond Maria Buttina to figure out who in the NRA decided to become the Accountant for the firm. They had so much $$ funneled through there they should’ve adopted the Bama Roll Tide Roll slogan. 

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It’s stunning that Republicans hold up the biggest fucking snowflake of a President we’ve ever had as somebody they want to lead them.  We can’t go a weak without him getting his feels hurt.   

The current state of the Republican Party, a process that has been underway for decades,  is the greatest threat this country has ever faced because it comes from within and is being financed by countries that either want to destroy us or at minimum weaken us. And with the Internet and our own reliance on technology has a greater capacity to do harm to our society that never existed before. 

The power center of the Republican Party for decades has been the ultra rich in New York City, Southern California, and ultra right wing Dallas. They come off as different: Wall Street investment financiers,  LA media moguls, and Dallas tycoons of oil and gas and pseudo religion based on prosperity gospel, but the name of the game is the same. Accumulating wealth and power and manipulation of the masses to accomplish that goal. 

• Like 5

Went over to secrant website, under the “politics” forums.  Those folks in the sec conference are apparently heavy into trump and deny anything that’s actually true.  Totally ignorant about truth and what this president is doing to our country.  Someone already said it, but if it’s good for their pocket book, then they don’t give a shit about rule of law and truth.  They are in denial of what is right.  

3 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Went over to secrant website, under the “politics” forums.  Those folks in the sec conference are apparently heavy into trump and deny anything that’s actually true.  Totally ignorant about truth and what this president is doing to our country.  Someone already said it, but if it’s good for their pocket book, then they don’t give a shit about rule of law and truth.  They are in denial of what is right.  

My husband says once someone’s been snookered they find it really difficult to admit it perhaps because it causes them an uncomfortable awareness of their own frailties. In some ways, it’s easier to seek that confirmation than to contemplate the complex nature of power and institutions.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

My husband says once someone’s been snookered they find it really difficult to admit it perhaps because it causes them an uncomfortable awareness of their own frailties. In some ways, it’s easier to seek that confirmation than to contemplate the complex nature of power and institutions.

It is extremely difficult to admit you’ve been made a fool. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence the mind will look for an out, like its all fake. Trump never said that. The media lied and doctored the evidence to make it look like he said that. Or if he did say it he was just joking. Or if he did say it or do it and wasn’t joking it’s not even really a crime at all aka the pedo Dershowitz impeachment defense.

Trump and the Russians know what they are doing. If you commit a crime, just accuse your enemies of doing exactly what you did and rely on your sheep followers to believe that and keep you propped up. 

The playbook is simple to the extreme.

It’s stunning that Republicans hold up the biggest fucking snowflake of a President we’ve ever had as somebody they want to lead them.  We can’t go a week without him getting his feels hurt.   

They elected themselves, man. An old angry racist, marries Putin for his money, figures he’s still bankrupt. He owes Russians all over town...including to known extortioners. The mattress pissers did this. Has that not occurred to you...man?
hasntthatoccurredtoyouman.jpg

6 minutes ago, Homercles said:

They elected themselves, man. An old angry racist, marries Putin for his money, figures he’s still bankrupt. He owes Russians all over town...including to known extortioners. The mattress pissers did this. Has that not occurred to you...man?
hasntthatoccurredtoyouman.jpg

6 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I fully expect the next DNI briefing will be in the oval, and only Team GOP will be invited.

The sad thing is, there's no mechanism any longer to stop this kind of shit, other than human decency and abidance to law.  And those two things left the Republican Party on January 20, 2017.

you think the leaks will stop?

yeah, that only makes them more determined.Acting fucktard has no goddamn clue. 

shit gets out.

5 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It is extremely difficult to admit you’ve been made a fool. Even in the face of overwhelming evidence the mind will look for an out, like its all fake. Trump never said that. The media lied and doctored the evidence to make it look like he said that. Or if he did say it he was just joking. Or if he did say it or do it and wasn’t joking it’s not even really a crime at all aka the pedo Dershowitz impeachment defense.

Trump and the Russians know what they are doing. If you commit a crime, just accuse your enemies of doing exactly what you did and rely on your sheep followers to believe that and keep you propped up. 

The playbook is simple to the extreme.

the less opportunity there is, the more crutches you need

no one goes to see Jesus on prom night

happy no nuke Friday friends

Mmkay. Yesterday had those surprises didn't it? Well, at least we're still here hanging on by a thread.

Today, the President has a RALLY. Can you believe it? Las Vegas Convention Center and it's at noon (local so, that's PST? I mix up time zones the further west I go due to the little zigzags). He had a difficult time last night in Colorado what with the late hour, etc. This rally will have him doped up and ready to go so he may appear to be slightly more sane. Appearances are everything if one is going to prop up the puppet for the next nine months.

The Convention Center holds up to 200,000 people so this should get interesting. With the $$ flowing, how many tourists will get paid to sit and watch someone insult, in no particular order: former Allied countries, Hillary Clinton, Hollywood, people with disabilities, Democratic supporters, soldiers, Adam Schiff, Abe Lincoln, immigrants, anyone who lives and works in Washington DC who is not a Trump supporter, judges, lawyers who don't prosecute people he doesn't like, lawyers who prosecute people he does like...well you get the idea. I just hope he doesn't encourage more of this, cause it is damn scary. Listen to the second video and watch in amazement as the Overton window speeds so far to the right it falls off the cliff. "It depends on why he shot him."

After the rally, the President will fly back to Washington. It will be around 9:00 pm EST.

10 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

It is extremely difficult to admit you’ve been made a fool.

It's no secret that Trump's base leans pretty hard towards the uneducated.  Perhaps the best thing about a good college education is that it helps young minds learn to constantly question their positions and refine or refute when the evidence to the contrary is clear.

• Like 4