Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

population jihad, population bomb. it's up to you to notice, or not.  Indian decadal statistics have shown that the rate of Muslim population growth far outstrips all others, and this certainly has a noticeable impact in all sorts of social economy of an area, state, country.  You not noticing it won't make it go away, because its dynamics have been playing out for a long time.

I said don't bring your predisposed idea of Mexian identity onto an Indian identity conversation; the two are different. That doesn't make me anything other than a realist.

Why don't you go have your "Indian identity" conversation in an Indian Identity thread?  Because this one is about Donald Trump, who as far as I know, does not identify as Indian.  

And before you "but, but, he's in India" he gives zero fucks about India or Indians beyond Modi polishing his knob.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

economist rag?

the fuck is this guy?:

why not? most of its reportage is laced with political lean, and its op-eds are definitely a no-holds-barred anti-Hindu.  It has one yardstick for its own domestic politics, and another for the unwashed ex-colonies. The fact that it's been wrong and hysteria-inducing is the shit-icing on the cake.

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Why don't you go have your "Indian identity" conversation in an Indian Identity thread?  Because this one is about Donald Trump, who as far as I know, does not identify as Indian.  

And before you "but, but, he's in India" he gives zero fucks about India or Indians beyond Modi polishing his knob.

i'm responding to individual replies. you don't have to read it or respond to it. :)

• Fuck You 3

Just now, BrickHorn said:

Market approaching an all-time record drop.  Can we get #TrumpCrash trending on Twitter?

all-time record? not even 5% on any major indices. and not that big even in terms of just raw numbers.

how big was the 1987 crash in terms of percentage? much bigger.

• Fuck You 2

45 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Anti-muslim Indian nationalism talk not going away.

I will try and turn the discussion back to the President.

So, after Trump and Modi were finished discussing movie stars and cricket, the talk turned to religion and Trump began a little monologue I snatched off the news:

Trump: "Well, you know Modi. My Christians love me. They just love me. I do so much for them. My favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians. Did you know that? Some people say its the best bible verse and here's why--"

Narrator: at this point between the jet lag, the medications, and the tau deposits in his cranium, Trump begins his explanation:

Trump: "So, these two Corinthians came up to me. These were big strong guys, burly guys. Tears were pouring down their faces, crying like babies and dogs do. And I said, 'what's wrong? You two big strong guys should be happy, dancing and eating gyros and chasing your lovely women.' They have lovely women in Greece. Very beautiful. Not as beautiful as Ivanka, but lovely. 'And they said, but we feel so ashamed that we couldn't find her.' And I looked at these big men and I said. 'who? Who couldn't you find?' And they said, "Liberty. We couldn't find Liberty. The verse says: 'Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.' They looked so sad, begging me to do something, and so I said, "Liberty will be found some day, but don't worry, you can look for someone else in the meantime. Find Hunter."

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

why not? most of its reportage is laced with political lean, and its op-eds are definitely a no-holds-barred anti-Hindu.  It has one yardstick for its own domestic politics, and another for the unwashed ex-colonies. The fact that it's been wrong and hysteria-inducing is the shit-icing on the cake.

I'm pretty sure it's entire raison d'etre is based on their hatred of Prajapati.

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I will try and turn the discussion back to the President.

So, after Trump and Modi were finished discussing movie stars and cricket, the talk turned to religion and Trump began a little monologue I snatched off the news:

Trump: "Well, you know Modi. My Christians love me. They just love me. I do so much for them. My favorite bible verse is 2 Corinthians. Did you know that? Some people say its the best bible verse and here's why--"

Narrator: at this point between the jet lag, the medications, and the tau deposits in his cranium, Trump begins his explanation:

So, these two Corinthians came up to me. These were big strong guys, burly guys. Tears were pouring down their faces, crying like babies and dogs do. And I said, 'what's wrong? You two big strong guys should be happy, dancing and eating gyros and chasing your lovely women.' They have lovely women in Greece. Very beautiful. Not as beautiful as Ivanka, but lovely. 'And they said, but we feel so ashamed that we couldn't find her.' And I looked at these big men and I said. 'who? Who couldn't you find?' And they said, "Liberty. We couldn't find Liberty. The verse says: 'Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.' They looked so sad, begging me to do something, and so I said, "Liberty will be found some day, but don't worry, you can look for someone else in the meantime. Find Hunter."

This is a pretty good effort, but you missed several opportunities to drop a "sir" in.

• Like 1

Which was also Trump's fault?  What the fuck is the NDA like for real estate/commercial enterprise LP's with Trump?  Not one of these guys has come forward to show how many times Trump has lost money for his investors?  What kinda fucking promote do these idiots let him get away with?  8% hurdle, after that Trump gets 90%, you get 10% and he fucks your wife?

8 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

economist rag?

the fuck is this guy?:

Just another 2020 nationalist.  With a bit of delicious indian spice, but another garden-variety nationalist just the same.  What I appreciate is that every single one of them shouts about how the plight of "their" people is special, etc.....yet they all follow the same script, same rhetoric, etc. -- attack any counter-position as globalist bias, THEY are really the persecuted folks, etc.  It's like going to restaurant that serves food from every country, but under Hungarian, American, British, and Indian, we just see the same entree listed, over and over.  And what's perhaps most pathetic is that they all think they're being original, or clever.  Same shit, different "nation."  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

all-time record? not even 5% on any major indices. and not that big even in terms of just raw numbers.

how big was the 1987 crash in terms of percentage? much bigger.

Nobody’s ever had a bigger market crash than Trump. It’s going to be BIG, folks.  People are saying it will be biggest ever. I think they’re probably right. We’ll see. But I think it will be hugely big.

#TrumpCrash 

• Like 2

Just now, SimonBolivar said:

I'm pretty sure it's entire raison d'etre is based on their hatred of Prajapati.

don't want to keep taking this thread off-tangent but yea, The Economist famously published editorials pushing the failed dyanstic politician of Nehru-Gandhi clan in 2013 when even WSJ columnists were mocking that guy's intelligence, so when the BJP and Modi won, they were shocked. They pulled something similar in 2019 run-up to the election, and this time Time Magazine also got in on the act. Almost all coverage of India in foreign press is devoid of actual ground realities but rather pushes the set narratives.  Discerning media-consumers know this well by now. can you say "Fake News"?

• Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Modi needed this visit much more than Trump, I wonder what he gave up to pull this off 

46 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

btw, independent statistics show that Indian-American favor Democrats by close to 80% margin. Same was true for British-Indians, until recently, when Jeremy Corbyn decided that Labour will love Islamist story over everything else.  Maybe the diaspora in America too will start to turn away from the Democrats.  Just like Tories have been unsavory for a long time, Republicans too have been unlikable for most Indian-Americans. But maybe the ground is shifting ever so slightly. Especially with the "progressive" wing of Democrats going full mental with hijabi types and canned Islamist apologia.

I'm betting this is why Trump is making the trip.  While the Indian population isn't a huge one in the US, it is one that is likely to be receptive to anti-Muslim/clash of civilizations rhetoric that Trump and his cadre love to spout.  They may also be less sympathetic to the immigration debate surrounding Mexico/Central America, as they've been severely backlogged by the quota immigration system.  I've noticed the Republican Congressman in NE-2 has been making a greater focus on the Indian population in Omaha, so it might be some general national strategy.  Trump's visit will certainly help in that effort. 

The Democrats should definitely be highlighting that the "The Camp of the Saints" was directed at Indians.     

Edited by Tuco
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuco said:

I'm betting this is why Trump is making the trip.  While the Indian population isn't a huge one in the US, it is one that is likely to be receptive to anti-Muslim/clash of civilizations rhetoric that Trump and his cadre love to spout.  They may also be less sympathetic to the immigration debate surrounding Mexico/Central America, as they've been severely backlogged by the quota immigration system.  I've noticed the Republican Congressman in NE-2 has been making a greater focus on the Indian population in Omaha, so it might be some general national strategy.  Trump's visit will certainly help in that effort. 

The Democrats should definitely be highlighting that the "The Camp of Saints" was directed at Indians.     

that's one angle for sure.  Trump did mention in his SOTU speech that he wants to reform the immigration system and make it more merit based or what have you, basically favoring higher educated immigrants. There are more than 500,000 Indian backlogged on H1B visa, and Democrats in Seattle and SFO are busy twiddling their thumbs about this issue.  Republican tent isn't large enough yet to attract more Indian Americans.

Asian Americans as a whole and Indian-Americans within that group especially, would side with Republicans more if it was simply about taxation and economic policy, and about limited quotas for getting into top schools.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

How long before Trump calls on the Fed to start fighting against Coronavirus?

When is the next bus rolling by? Always good to have the fellow you nominated and then tweeted about as 'not doing a good job and worse than Xi,' be in charge of fighting a potential pandemic when he has a law degree and not a medical one. In this world, makes sense.

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Imagine going on another college football team's message board and arguing for hours about Indian politics in a catchall thread about the current president.

Makes sense, actually -- Trump's just another bulging tumor of the same cancer: nationalism.  It's all the rage these days, and these guys love to stroke each other off.  "You hate an ethnic minority, and use that hatred to rally a populist base so you can hold onto power?  ME TOO!  We should hang out!"

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just another 2020 nationalist.  With a bit of delicious indian spice, but another garden-variety nationalist just the same.  What I appreciate is that every single one of them shouts about how the plight of "their" people is special, etc.....yet they all follow the same script, same rhetoric, etc. -- attack any counter-position as globalist bias, THEY are really the persecuted folks, etc.  It's like going to restaurant that serves food from every country, but under Hungarian, American, British, and Indian, we just see the same entree listed, over and over.  And what's perhaps most pathetic is that they all think they're being original, or clever.  Same shit, different "nation."  

WE'RE THE MINORITY!!

13 minutes ago, Tuco said:

I'm betting this is why Trump is making the trip.  While the Indian population isn't a huge one in the US, it is one that is likely to be receptive to anti-Muslim/clash of civilizations rhetoric that Trump and his cadre love to spout.

Trump ‘won’ the electoral college by roughly 75k votes. He needs every vote he can find in November 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Makes sense, actually -- Trump's just another bulging tumor of the same cancer: nationalism.  It's all the rage these days, and these guys love to stroke each other off.  "You hate an ethnic minority, and use that hatred to rally a populist base so you can hold onto power?  ME TOO!  We should hang out!"

I mean I understand the Indian-Trump connection, but I'm not going to go on a Texas Tech message board to yap about it.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This new troll sure does know a lot of bullshit about India. I’ll give him that. At least it’s original. 

Kewvun sought out my input, so I provided it.

I guess I expected a more enlightened and open-minded conversation on a Longhorn board (compared to fellow Aggies), but thanks for setting me straight on that false expectation.  May be it's a Texan thing (all hat, and all?)? There's definitely at least one committed anti-nationalist person on here, which is at least interesting tidbit by itself; the others are more like trolling one-liners themselves or people with Trump Derangement Syndrome, who then tell me I'm the troll for simply sharing my point of view (which was sought).

I'll see myself out of this thread now. :)

• Fuck You 2

34 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

population jihad, population bomb. it's up to you to notice, or not.  Indian decadal statistics have shown that the rate of Muslim population growth far outstrips all others, and this certainly has a noticeable impact in all sorts of social economy of an area, state, country. 

People different from me exist at an alarming rate!  Their successful reproduction is a holy war against my culture!  And other insane xenophobic bullshit!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

People different from me exist at an alarming rate!  Their successful reproduction is a holy war against my culture!  And other insane xenophobic bullshit!

you wouldn't say that if you knew anything about how Pakistan and Bangladesh came about. Or what's happened to Kashmiri Hindus even since 1990.

not all population change is benign. That's not xenophobia, that's just accepting reality.

• Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, PHLaggie said:

you wouldn't say that if you knew anything about how Pakistan and Bangladesh came about. Or what's happened to Kashmiri Hindus even since 1990.

not all population change is benign. That's not xenophobia, that's just accepting reality.

Xenophobia is when you believe no population change can be benign.

You should be familiar with this.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Xenophobia is when you believe no population change can be benign.

You should be familiar with this.

you should be a great Holocaust Denier too, the way you are refusing to even acknowledge Hindu ethnocide of Kashmir, Pakistan, and ongoing in Bangladesh.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, PHLaggie said:

you should be a great Holocaust Denier too, the way you are refusing to even acknowledge Hindu ethnocide of Kashmir, Pakistan, and ongoing in Bangladesh.

Well, as it turns out, I'm complicated.  But, I'd like for you to point out where I have refused to even acknowledge Hindu ethnocide.  Pretty big claim there.

Also, bitching about neg rep and then neg-repping someone is kind of weak.  Apparently, I will be able to withstand the onslaught.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, as it turns out, I'm complicated.  But, I'd like for you to point out where I have refused to even acknowledge Hindu ethnocide.  Pretty big claim there.

Also, bitching about neg rep and then neg-repping someone is kind of weak.  Apparently, I will be able to withstand the onslaught.

Can you ask him to point it out in another thread, please. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

eh, neg-repping is just an ego contest. it's an annoyance but i guess i don't expect idiots to not act idiotically upon seeing responses that don't match their preconceived reality. yes, you'll "survive" the neg-repping I bet. that's ok. 

I am complicated too, but you were quick to call me a xenophobe, which instantly negates my lived experience vis a vis Islam, and the history of my people's dealings with Islam. especially in the context of Pakistan, Kashmir, Bangladesh (and also Afghanistan). You would never abuse a Jew for calling out Islamism and Islamist apologia... but you are obviously feeling very free to call me out, thus erasing the Hindu ethnocide.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so we have Indian bots/trolls now? what's the angle there?

i assure you i'm neither a troll, nor a bot.  there's no angle, other than at first discussing trump's india trip. and then responding to follow-up questions.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

PHLaggie is one of those tweed-jacket-with-an-elbow-patch trolls. On the surface, you see an even keeled, well-informed, rational academic type. Hell, with the costume on, he almost fools you into thinking he might actually be intelligent. Until, of course, you consider that once that jacket comes off, he's not much more than a flat earther.

Ignored.

1 hour ago, Chad Fuck said:

This is a pretty good effort, but you missed several opportunities to drop a "sir" in.

Also missing is “I didn’t vote for him but” or “he’s an idiot but” or “you’re gonna force me to vote for Trump” statements as well.