Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

The most shocking thing to me is that there are people who would vote for Biden or Warren who would not vote for Sanders, despite the fact that we have a retarded orange fascist running for re-election.

No offense to people of special needs intended.

The most shocking thing to me is that there are people who would vote for Sanders who would not vote for Biden or Bloomberg (insert any Dem candidate, I don't care), despite the fact that we have a retarded orange fascist running for re-election.

Works both ways.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The most shocking thing to me is that there are people who would vote for Sanders who would not vote for Biden or Bloomberg (insert any Dem candidate, I don't care), despite the fact that we have a retarded orange fascist running for re-election.

Works both ways.

I agree 100%, except they seem more or less equally shocking to me. But lets not quibble over degrees of shocking.

And I'm not voting for Sanders in the primary. I will happily vote for him in the general if he's nominated.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

It was clearly a galvanizing event in terms of court packing proposals. Special interest groups popped up and started quite effectively pushing packing (/noNowThis). 

once again you overlook the actual galvanizing thing. this particular judicial nomination resulted in conservative special interest groups, including the nra (russian money, tho) and whatever the judicial crisis network is spending more than double what liberal groups spent in advertising. 

political ads. for a supreme court justice.  happened with gorsuch too. it also happened with garland, though that was a non starter. 

our political process is broken by money, influence, and advertising.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

once again you overlook the actual galvanizing thing. this particular judicial nomination resulted in conservative special interest groups, including the nra (russian money, tho) and whatever the judicial crisis network is spending more than double what liberal groups spent in advertising. 

political ads. for a supreme court justice.  happened with gorsuch too. it also happened with garland, though that was a non starter. 

our political process is broken by money, influence, and advertising.

I am not sure exactly what you think I am overlooking, or how anything mentioned in your post is incompatible with recognizing that that the Kavanaugh confirmation was a particularly galvanizing event relevant to court packing proposals. I agree with the perspective that you are presenting here, and the specific examples provided. Money and special interests use media campaigns to influence political narratives. That represents a large part of the reason that our political process is broken.  

Here is an overview of spending related to Kavanaugh: https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/research-reports/follow-money-tracking-tv-spending-kavanaugh-nomination

17 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Just trying to test out how concerned you guys actually are about normalization of the notion that the court is incapable of operating as a result of its political bias. We’ve already established the list of justifications that will be used when it comes time to pack it ideologically. 

court packing is a terrible idea. It was bad when FDR proposed it and it's bad now. But it's bad in a different way. 

2 hours ago, Bookman said:

Rational people are going to consider all the circumstances.

I'm never voting for a piece-of-shit, utterly corrupt, immoral, incompetent, failed businessman for President. But if my choices are him and a far-left candidate, that means I don't have any choices at all.

Shall I take this to mean you don't believe that the president is a proven danger to the institutions of our republic? A dangerously overreaching executive in defiance of the law? A man uncerned with the future and well-being of the nation or the world?

The encumbent you describe is almost comically quaint.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

This should be entertaining and sad, all at the same time. 

50 percent lies about great people curing it under his orders.

50 percent railing against never Trumpets out to get him, the greatest president ever, who should be mailed for disloyalty.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

50 percent lies about great people curing it under his orders.

50 percent railing against never Trumpets out to get him, the greatest president ever, who should be mailed for disloyalty.

I would add some time about closing the borders. Great chance to push Miller's agenda. 

• Like 1

Latest talking point from the boomer dotard supporters in my office is Rob Rosenstein's sister was the person at CDC that announced coronavirus is going to hit America hard and that caused the stock market to tank yesterday.  Libtards are so upset that impeachment didn't get rid of dotard that they are now purposely tanking the stock market to help their chances in the election.

Pshaw... if it were that easy we could enlist the team that tanked the market in time for the 2008 election.  

18 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Latest talking point from the boomer dotard supporters in my office is Rob Rosenstein's sister was the person at CDC that announced coronavirus is going to hit America hard and that caused the stock market to tank yesterday.  Libtards are so upset that impeachment didn't get rid of dotard that they are now purposely tanking the stock market to help their chances in the election.

Hit 'em with this:

Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch estimates that 40 to 70 percent of the human population could potentially be infected by the virus if it becomes pandemic.

Ivy Tower Libtard Doctor Don't Know Nothin'

24 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

God works in mysterious ways.

Based on early data from China, the mortality rates for COVID-19 are:

• 14.8% for those 80 yrs old +
  • 8.0% for those 70-79 yrs old
  • 3.6% for those 60-69
  • 1.3% for those 50-59
  • < 0.4% for everyone else (decreasing by age)

So you gotta ask yourself, is this the plague that we need, the plague that we deserve, or both? 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

• 3.6% for those 60-69
  • 1.3% for those 50-59

So you gotta ask yourself, is this the plague that we need, the plague that we deserve, or both? 

What is the recovery rate? 

7 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm no mathematician, but I'd guess it's pretty much 1 minus the mortality rate. 😉

Not sure how many of the 44,672 confirmed cases in this study had not run their course (i.e., the infected had not yet died but also had not fully recovered).  Accordingly, I'm not sure that we have a definitive recovery rate yet.  The takeaway from the preliminary data is that this virus is hitting the elderly, particularly those with existing medical conditions, hard.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2762130

34 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

• 3.6% for those 60-69
  • 1.3% for those 50-59

Timeline from that article is interesting, and perhaps informative as to what we may be dealing with.  Of course, the magnitude of the number of cases may throw past experience out the window.

m_jvp200028f2.png?Expires=2147483647&Sig

39 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

• 3.6% for those 60-69
  • 1.3% for those 50-59

Image result for antonio banderas anmimated gif

• Like 5

47 minutes ago, Gap03 said:

• 3.6% for those 60-69
  • 1.3% for those 50-59

Don’t forget it’s about 50% more fatal to men than women.  

1 hour ago, Gap03 said:

• 3.6% for those 60-69
  • 1.3% for those 50-59

As someone in the 1.3 percentile, none of this makes me particularly giddy.

• 3.6% for those 60-69
  • 1.3% for those 50-59

Hmmmm. I see a path to ensuring social security doesn’t go bankrupt in the next few years.
  • Like 1

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/26/donald-trump-black-voters-retail-stores-117756

President Donald Trump’s outreach to African American voters is coming to a storefront near you.

As part of an ongoing effort to increase Trump’s share of the black vote this fall, the president’s reelection campaign unveiled plans on Wednesday to open a series of “community centers” in empty retail spaces across the U.S. where paid staffers and volunteers will spend the next several months courting black voters with literature, celebrity meet-and-greets and “woke”-branded attire.

20200226-black-voices-trump-merch-politi

20200226-black-voices-secondary-poster-p

I might even watch Trump stumble through his talking notes this evening. Normally, I try my best to avoid having to hear a fucking thing that shitstain says. But whenever he has to talk about science thingys, it really brings out the best retard in trump. The kind of stupidity that most mortals can never hope to attain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Soon to be followed by a celebration of the arrival of "Black Voices for Trump" gear on a continent far, far away (perhaps they can save money on shipping by boxing it up with some of the 49ers Super Bowl Champs gear)....

3Pu6Tlp.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

This country can handle 4 years of bad policy. It cannot survive 4 mores of an incompetent, lawless potus

hey, i haven't been nuked yet. so whats the problem you liberally valence electron challenged snowflake?!

i swear. its everyday with you mofos. just enjoy your skin and grow a few pairs.

2 hours ago, zork said:

So what are the ages of the <100 people who are in the US who have the virus?  Aren't all in quarantine?  

There are <100 people stateside that have been diagnosed with the virus, but one must also consider that various health departments in major cities are monitoring patients who are self-quarantined. These are people who traveled from known virus locations or simply from countries where the virus is back to the US but at the time were symptom-free. I read that LA had over 1000 of these travelers and resources were a little stretched due to keeping in contact with the people. If the virus has about a 24 day incubation window then I don't think it's a stretch to assume some may break their quarantine.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
grammar