Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

7 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Oh man I want him to go off script and flip his shit tonight but like someone said we will get boring medicated sniffly Trump. 

I'd say anything's possible.  Miller is writing the speech with the help of Kush, so you know there's a nationalistic tinge to it already.  

But the real problem isn't the speech, or him flipping his shit.  The #1 issue is the president has no empathy, is incapable of feeling anything, and is the most selfish, narcissistic person in our federal government.  In this moment, this country needs a leader.  He ain't that.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It’s not so much, Mr. President, that we think the virus itself is your fault.  It’s just that we wish you had a double case of it. 

I have no official polling to support this but I promise you there are more Americans that hope you die in the next ten months than will vote for you in November:  so you got that going for you...which is nice. 

Edited by Lobo

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

He has a chance tonight to undo a lot of the damage he’s done by just being honest about what we’re dealing with and what we’re facing. So of course he’ll play the victim while also patting himself on the back then spend most of the time on tax breaks. 

he'll definitely make mention of closing the borders when he did (restricted travel), which his admin keeps touting as some sort of genius chess move.  clearly it kept the virus from spreading in this country.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Run on flights to London.

Run on flights from UK.

Prior to watching the address, I was watching Ken Cuccinelli answer questions at the Congressional meeting (on CSpan). He was asked about travel and one thing he mentioned specifically was that they are NOT testing travelers who are sourced from outbreak locations but have connected flights from permitted countries. He said it would mean testing over 100,000 people and they didn’t have the resources.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Addition

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

He didn't blame Democrats or the press.  He's fucking scared

But he did try to shirk responsibility. I doubt whether he understands the situation still. But his speechwriter(s) blamed it on outsiders, asserted that this sort of thing happens all the time throughout history, and outright lied about our preparedness and response. Trump is directly responsible for undercutting our preparedness and ability to respond. And he further hindered the response when it came time to act by refusing the WHO test kits. He has consistently minimized the threat and tried to exert control over the messaging despite contrary statements from medical experts. (Will we ever hear from Fauci again?)

This address was more of the same bullshit. Trump will be back on Twitter blaming the Dems and the media in no time. He tends to act out after being made to sit and read a prepared speech like a good little boy. 

• Like 2