Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Suspending travel from Europe accomplishes nothing. Just red meat to throw to his base to make it look like he made some presidential decision.

It's closing the barn after all the horses left. Too little too late, especially considering we already have community spread happening in the US. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ndawg said:

You think any Republican senators are wishing they heeded Schiff's warning about Trump being useless in the face of an emergency?

No, I didn't either.

I just hope Schiff is keeping a safe distance away from all of them. The cry hoax crowd discovered what a real impeachment was, but now they are going to find out what real science is.

Y’all remember the original reason I went out on the ledge at Trump’s election? It wasn’t because he was going to be re-elected (that wasn’t my concern in 2016). It was because he was going to get us all killed - we put a deranged unthinking narcissist in charge of the country, and that’s a high-risk move.
I mean, I admit that I was wrong. He’s not going to get us ALL killed. A bunch of us, but not all of us. He is going to preside over a huge economic collapse, though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Y’all remember the original reason I went out on the ledge at Trump’s election? It wasn’t because he was going to be re-elected (that wasn’t my concern in 2016). It was because he was going to get us all killed - we put a deranged unthinking narcissist in charge of the country, and that’s a high-risk move.
I mean, I admit that I was wrong. He’s not going to get us ALL killed. A bunch of us, but not all of us. He is going to preside over a huge economic collapse, though.

Well the huge economic collapse under trump was inevitable. I’m choosing to look at the bright side in that he’s only gonna get some of us killed, mainly the old and sick. So far it appears the trump curse is sparing the young. That’s progress I guess. 

Well the huge economic collapse under trump was inevitable. I’m choosing to look at the bright side in that he’s only gonna get some of us killed, mainly the old and sick. So far it appears the trump curse is sparing the young. That’s progress I guess. 

It’s kind of like gaming a military operation, feeling more confident that you’re going to take the objective, and it’s only going to cost the lives of 10% of your team.
So...yay.

I really hate that the 'each accusation is a confession' might come true with death panels (of a sort). If this plays out like the Dr was informing the Senate in the briefing, some families could be in for a very rough time. The reps have great health care and access to testing (lol @ Ted Cruz, he has no body fluids that aren't snake oil).

12 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I really hate that the 'each accusation is a confession' might come true with death panels (of a sort). If this plays out like the Dr was informing the Senate in the briefing, some families could be in for a very rough time. The reps have great health care and access to testing (lol @ Ted Cruz, he has no body fluids that aren't snake oil).

Just to be ultra-realistic, any form of health care rationing in a potentially life-threatening situation constitutes a "death panel."  Insurance companies, doctors, and hospitals have been doing it for decades, really since the beginning of medicine.

We actually don't do it enough with respect to end-of-life care.

The notion of "death panels" is one of the most hysterical bits of nonsense that has come down the pike in a long time.

If the healthcare system gets overrun, there are going to be some brutal decisions made, most likely, and I'm not sure having insurance or a shitpile of money is going to immunize you from them.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LongestHorn said:

“Foreign virus”

Yeah, that fucking jumped out to me too. 

It’s unbelievable - even now, almost 4 years later - that this fat, clownishly orange, relentlessly  lying shitbag who mocks the physically disabled while reading like a 4th-grader is the POTUS.  

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Just to be ultra-realistic, any form of health care rationing in a potentially life-threatening situation constitutes a "death panel."  Insurance companies, doctors, and hospitals have been doing it for decades, really since the beginning of medicine.

The notion of "death panels" is one of the most hysterical bits of nonsense that has come down the pike in a long time.

If the healthcare system gets overrun, there are going to be some brutal decisions made, most likely, and I'm not sure having insurance or a shitpile of money is going to immunize you from them.

Its like the opening battle scene of saving private Ryan when the medical team is doing triage on the beach. Except we’re not at war and not on a beach being fired at by multiple German machine guns. Just at war with a disease and an incompetent boob named trump.

Routine. Expecting, Priority. He’s gone.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Its like the opening battle scene of saving private Ryan when the medical team is doing triage on the beach. Except we’re not at war and not on a beach being fired at by multiple German machine guns. Just at war with a disease and an incompetent boob named trump.

Routine. Expecting, Priority. He’s gone.

I mean, I suppose a triage nurse could be going around checking insurance cards and financial statements while you die of respiratory failure, but I kind of doubt it.

If the situation doesn't get completely out of hand, I imagine a lot of poors and uninsured will receive extensive and expensive emergent care like they do already.  THAT could be a real threat to the system.  A lot of privately owned hospital and health-care corps are going to eat a metric shit ton of shit, pretty much whatever happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A lot of privately owned hospital and health-care corps are going to eat a metric shit ton of shit, pretty much whatever happens.

Any giant corporation/industry with good lobbyists is gonna get bailed out and made whole.   Don’t worry about them. 

And it will end up in private pockets. 

2008 out front shoulda told ya. 

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Trump already walking back shit from speech

DOTARD didn't write this.  For one, he never uses the word please. Secondly, he uses mostly correct spelling and sentence structure.  "The restriction stops people not goods" is far too succinct for the orange moron.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

Any giant corporation/industry with good lobbyists is gonna get bailed out and made whole.   Don’t worry about them. 

And it will end up in private pockets. 

2008 out front shoulda told ya. 

I mean I'm no balanced budget advocate, but we have to be getting damn close to an unfinanced and debt financed spending tipping point. We absolutely should not have used tax cuts and other growth inducing monetary policy in an already booming economy.  We should have saved the medicine for when we get sick. If we start bailing everyone out, hyperinflation is on its way.

If I were a gambling man, I'd wager we lose at least one airline over this.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You’re correct; it was a conversation I had to have with my doctor when I was diagnosed and discussing cancer treatments. But a significant number of Americans haven’t given it much thought beyond the ‘talking point’ aspect and if the worst projections prove true, it will be an awfully quick education. 

any word from @Johnny Sack ?

Heckuva a job Trumpy, you fucking absolute incompetent scumbag.  We elected a clown, and are getting much worse than a circus. 

what a clueless irrational response.  ITS A HOAX! -DOTARD.  

WE told you this orange dipshit was not fit to run the country.  IDIOTS

Meanwhile the Bernie folks like @bad_teammate are willing to actually VOTE for trump unless some one off box isn’t checked.   INSANITY 

• Like 5