Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

“A man with a conviction is a hard man to change,” Festinger, Henry Riecken, and Stanley Schacter wrote in When Prophecy Fails, their 1957 book about this study. “Tell him you disagree and he turns away. Show him facts or figures and he questions your sources. Appeal to logic and he fails to see your point … Suppose that he is presented with evidence, unequivocal and undeniable evidence, that his belief is wrong: what will happen? The individual will frequently emerge, not only unshaken, but even more convinced of the truth of his beliefs than ever before.”

This doubling down in the face of conflicting evidence is a way of reducing the discomfort of dissonance, and is part of a set of behaviors known in the psychology literature as “motivated reasoning.” Motivated reasoning is how people convince themselves or remain convinced of what they want to believe—they seek out agreeable information and learn it more easily; and they avoid, ignore, devalue, forget, or argue against information that contradicts their beliefs.

Believers kept on believing, despite all the evidence that they were wrong.

tenor.gif?itemid=14570416

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

Wow, what a snow flake. Is this a Markstanco sock? You addressed Markstanco and this guy took it personal.....strange.

Stanco = lots of posts

Royal = not so many posts

I think he logged into the wrong account.

8 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Sadly, all of the olds in my family are Fox news drones.  I assume they voted for Trump.  Any good idea that would benefit is met with "But who will pay for it?"  BTW, that's a Twitter hashtag worth checking out.  It's pretty funny.

Yeah.America cant afford to make sure most of its citizens don’t die. 

The Greatest lie ever told.

Say Lloyd. How’s my credit in this joint.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

harry-truman-buck-stops-here-96816088-fo

Jesus fucking Christ. There are so few people in this world I would ever say I hate. I get along just fine with people who have vastly different worldviews than my own. But holy fuck I hate this orange shitstain.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Royal With Cheese said:

Thanks loser. I'm gone from this site for ever. 

Truly sorry to hear that from a horn!  Be sure to check out Texags.com.  They believe stupid shit like the Q conspiracy and Hillary sold Uranium to Russia and Obama was a secret evil Muslim.  It's definitely more your speed.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Sadly, all of the olds in my family are Fox news drones.  I assume they voted for Trump.  Any good idea that would benefit is met with "But who will pay for it?"  BTW, that's a Twitter hashtag worth checking out.  It's pretty funny.

Anytime I get asked “Who will pay for it?”, I respond with Mexico.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

America wont pay for it because the people who control this country don’t want to pay for it. We have long ago seceded power to people like Moscow Mitch and trump who care not one shit about the people in this country. Only about themselves. 

That needs to change. Fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

True.  Some people choose a side, that they believe in....initially, and then refuse to change...regardless of the facts that prove them wrong.  I’m not sure what this is called, but it exists.  The ability to accept incoming new facts, process it, and adjust your choices truly shows how intelligent you are.  Guess some people just don’t want to admit their initial choice was flawed.

It's also how humans adapt--through learning.  Many are engaged in actively regressing and pulling us along for the ride.  

Edited by Mdhorn

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

Jesus fucking Christ. There are so few people in this world I would ever say I hate. I get along just fine with people who have vastly different worldviews than my own. But holy fuck I hate this orange shitstain.

Yeah. 

Look, I'm a pacifist, so I wouldn't ever kill anyone. 

One of you jokers is just gonna have to do it while I watch. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RPM said:

Yeah, that sucks and will be ineffective.  It will fall on deaf ears to anyone even remotely ok with Trump as president.  

If they are trying to convince folks that hate Trump but will still vote for him over any Democrat (and those people certainly exist), I think you have to play the angle (however difficult it may be) that Biden actually has more of the values that target group supports than Trump. I am not sure the Bill Kristol types can actively support a dem, though. 

51 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Yeah, that sucks and will be ineffective.  It will fall on deaf ears to anyone even remotely ok with Trump as president.  

If they are trying to convince folks that hate Trump but will still vote for him over any Democrat (and those people certainly exist), I think you have to play the angle (however difficult it may be) that Biden actually has more of the values that target group supports than Trump. I am not sure the Bill Kristol types can actively support a dem, though. 

What it will be extremely effective at is turning hardcore trumpers against Fox, which might be the point.  They’re gonna see that and be pissed that it’s being run on “their” channel.  If it gets just a few to stop watching, it’s worth it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What it will be extremely effective at is turning hardcore trumpers against Fox, which might be the point.  They’re gonna see that and be pissed that it’s being run on “their” channel.  If it gets just a few to stop watching, it’s worth it.

Nah, they will just chalk it up to a "fake" ad. 

Fox News could run commercials of Trump fucking Ivanka and evangelicals would applaud it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

He's the healthiest motherfucker on the planet.  Just ask him.

Every chance to be a leader for ALL the people is just wasted. He could normalize testing or at least self quarantine, but of course that might inconvenience him.

• Like 2

Have you noticed that while America is debating about whether or not the President should be tested for the virus and the WH releases a memo, it states nothing about whether he has had a physical regarding his overall mental and physical health including dementia symptoms and/or a stroke? The incontinence is something many older Americans struggle with, but the rest of his mannerisms and behaviors are on a downward path--he has trouble forming coherent responses that are off script-he can spout nonsense, but I think his listening comprehension is fading. I was surprised he allowed a Q and A as long as he did until I learned that WH staff were cutting off the microphones, including when Yamiche Alcindor put him on the spot.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No one worth saving would be anywhere near this asshole, so with that said I hope he holds his biggest rallies ever and has some serious close quarter discussions with the GOP leadership very soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Who is the 2nd person?  Dotard told us that Bolsonaro was found to be negative, after testing positive. Well, he wouldn't lie to us.