Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How do I know if I've been exposed to the virus if I can't get tested? 

I'll be honest, I thought we were focused on THE test, and that after we got those in the hands of people, we would focus on the"atibody test" that showed that you have been exposed.  And it was this later test that, if you passed it, would allow you to go back to Cane's amongst your people.

But I think I'm talking out of my ass.

41 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

we have the most gutless media.  in Trump's press conference rallies, they let him lie with impunity.  during the middle of his ramblings, they should yell out "LIE!"  or "THAT'S NOT TRUE!"  and they should attack attack attack during the Q&A.  embarrass his ass.  and if the journalist gets banned, another steps in place.  people need to step up.

They just need to stop airing them. There's no actual requirement that the media air the President's press conferences live. They should report on them after the fact, telling the people what Fauci said and pointing out whatever Trump lunacy occurred instead of just quoting his lies unchallenged.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

We're going to be sheltering in place by the weekend.  Abbott is delaying the inevitable.

Many folks don't need a government order to do so. I am already in lockdown. I am fortunate that I can work from home, so I'm doing so. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Many folks don't need a government order to do so. I am already in lockdown. I am fortunate that I can work from home, so I'm doing so. 

Same. I haven't come into direct contact with another human since March 12. 

• Like 1

The recklessness this idiot is showing is terrifying.  No fucking way I'm going back to normal until there is real evidence this thing is contained.

One positive out of this is the American public should now realize just how effective a national strike would be if when our elected officials get out of line.  We are basically in a national strike right now and the gov is scared shitless of the results.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I'm a former independent too...I say former, because unfortunately, the Republicans have made it impossible to be an Independent anymore.

Gone are the days when we can edge one way or the other based on nuanced policy differences.   

I'll stay independent.  One party is pure evil and the other is pure incompetence....what a country. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Very distressing to see the trending # terms on twitter. Half are bashing of Pelosi and Schumer. The Democrats are getting completely out maneuvered by the Republicans on digital propaganda campaigns. If they don’t figure out how to better harness the digital world very quickly, we could be staring at four more years of Trump and a Republican held Senate. That is insane to think about given what a train wreck Presidency this has been, but we are a nation of morons that can only digest the latest burp of media stories.

It's a lot easier to cast the Ds as "holding up the aid package with partisanship" than get the average idiot to understand the poison pills in what the Rs are trying to push through. 

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Absolutely.  It will be a cold day in hell before I vote R again, at the national or state level. 

That's my point...we only have 2 parties, so you're going to have to reconcile the fact that you are now, and for the foreseeable future, a de facto Democrat. 

It sucks, but it's the only option...unless you're one of those Gary Johnson voters.

Find me an independent Republican and I might vote for them. Until then, voting for every Democrat on the ballot. The Republican Party changed into the Trump Party long ago. Started around 2010 when everything Obama did was the "worst thing ever". 

Edited by mdmost
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

That's my point...we only have 2 parties, so you're going to have to reconcile the fact that you are now, and for the foreseeable future, a de facto Democrat. 

It sucks, but it's the only option...unless you're one of those Gary Johnson voters.

Let's be real, those of us in Texas (and any other solidly red or blue states) have worthless votes thanks to the sham democracy that is the electoral college. 

Edited by Hookah Horns
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

I get it.  To that point, I'm a de facto Dem for the foreseeable future but, to be transparent, I haven't voted for an R or a D for POTUS since 2000.  That, obviously, changes this year. 

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

Let's be real, those of us in Texas have worthless votes thanks to the sham democracy that is the electoral college. 

I hear ya, I wrote in William Weld in 2016.  If I could have that vote back I'd vote Hillary 10 out of 10 the times.

I'll use my vote to effect the popular vote total if nothing else.

You never win the battles you don't fight.  

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

I hear ya, I wrote in William Weld in 2016.  If I could have that vote back I'd vote Hillary 10 out of 10 the times.

I'll use my vote to effect the popular vote total if nothing else.

You never win the battles you don't fight.  

Yeah I held my nose and voted for killary last time. Grab em by the pussy-gate was the last straw for me. Was planning on sitting it out until then. 

• Haha 1

If you told me 15 years ago that I would vote straight D in the 2016 election, I would have asked you what year do I suffer my traumatic brain injury. 

But alas... 

I will go back to the Republican Party if and when they exterminate every last Tea Party / Palinite / Trumpkin anti-intellectual from their rolls. 

The introduction of Sarah Palin gave me grave concern about the future of the party. The introduction of DJT confirmed it. 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Find me an independent Republican and I might vote for them. Until then, voting for every Democrat on the ballot. The Republican Party changed into the Trump Party long ago. Started around 2010 when everything Obama did was the "worst thing ever". 

That fictitious person would finish 5th in the R primary.

1 hour ago, TornACL said:

If you told me 15 years ago that I would vote straight D in the 2016 election, I would have asked you what year do I suffer my traumatic brain injury. 

But alas... 

I will go back to the Republican Party if and when they exterminate every last Tea Party / Palinite / Trumpkin anti-intellectual from their rolls. 

The introduction of Sarah Palin gave me grave concern about the future of the party. The introduction of DJT confirmed it. 

Palin also pushed me to explore options. Haven't looked back since.

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I'll stay independent.  One party is pure evil and the other is pure incompetence....what a country. 

I will NEVER vote for a Republican for the rest of my life because of what they have done for the past three years, especially right now. This fall I am voting for every Democrat on the ballot just like I did in 2018.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, UpperWestside said:

I will NEVER vote for a Republican for the rest of my life because of what they have done for the past three years, especially right now. This fall I am voting for every Democrat on the ballot just like I did in 2018.

You will just be back here in 4 years saying you will never vote Democrat ever again. They will let you down. Power corrupts in our duopoly.

2 hours ago, TornACL said:

But alas... 

It's not just the candidates and the little caucuses (you forgot the Freedom Caucus).  Behind all the cravenness and fecklessness, they have abandoned every conceivable conservative principle, except social ones, which are just an outlet for fear and hatred.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, pacman said:

You will just be back here in 4 years saying you will never vote Democrat ever again. They will let you down. Power corrupts in our duopoly.

No, no I will not. Feel free to mark this post. I do not trust the Democrats to be anything other than more competent than the inherently evil human beings that make up the party of Dotard right now. When one party allows its leader to freely spread false information for more than three years and does nothing to stop him that is just evil on display. It is right there in the storefront window. I have no qualms about never casting a vote for a Republican again. People are dying right now due to their incompetence and greed. How the cultists twist all of this around to make sense shows an incredible lack of empathy for others and the inherent selfishness with which they operate as a party.

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, pacman said:

Respectfully, that sort of cliche is what enables both siderism appeals to thrive. Yes there are 2 parties. 1 has demonstrated that it's many orders of magnitude more dangerous than the other. There's only false equivalency.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

It's not just the candidates and the little caucuses (you forgot the Freedom Caucus).  Behind all the cravenness and fecklessness, they have abandoned every conceivable conservative principle, except social ones, which are just an outlet for fear and hatred.

Well, they did until the time came for Trump to nationalize the manufacture of vents and PPE. The Trump conservatives just can't stomach such an obvious temporary measure that is already the law of the land. 

9 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

No, no I will not. Feel free to mark this post. I do not trust the Democrats to be anything other than more competent than the inherently evil human beings that make up the party of Dotard right now. When one party allows its leader to freely spread false information for more than three years and does nothing to stop him that is just evil on display. It is right there in the storefront window. I have no qualms about never casting a vote for a Republican again. People are dying right now due to their incompetence and greed. How the cultists twist all of this around to make sense shows an incredible lack of empathy for others and the inherent selfishness with which they operate as a party.

I'm not sure whether it's that these people lack empathy and are selfish, or rather that they are so simple minded that they force themselves into absolute fealty to whatever the orange goblin does. These people are so dumb that their minds can't handle the dissonance resulting from a single thought that Trump has fucked up. 

If the orange goblin had pushed for sensible measures that protect the little people, they'd have been all-in on that too. 

Edited by Hookah Horns

9 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm not sure whether it's that these people lack empathy and are selfish, or rather that they are so simple minded that they force themselves into absolute fealty to whatever the orange goblin does. These people are so dumb that their minds can't handle the dissonance resulting from a single thought that Trump has fucked up. 

The strangest thing to me is Trump is NOTHING like his followers and knows nothing about them or their lives. He has zero connection to his followers.

I would understand their actions if Hacksaw Jim Duggan, or some pretty boy farmer's son, was up there commanding Trump's followers.

How they, like all my public school, farming East Texas contacts, have latched on to a NY, private school grifter like Trump is beyond my comprehension.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

If the orange goblin had pushed for sensible measures that protect the little people, they'd have been all-in on that too. 

No. If he had any capacity to do that, they never would have followed him in the first place. You've gotta brainwash them from birth to get them to even pretend to like Jesus's message one day each week.

40 minutes ago, pacman said:

The strangest thing to me is Trump is NOTHING like his followers and knows nothing about them or their lives. He has zero connection to his followers.

I would understand their actions if Hacksaw Jim Duggan, or some pretty boy farmer's son, was up there commanding Trump's followers.

How they, like all my public school, farming East Texas contacts, have latched on to a NY, private school grifter like Trump is beyond my comprehension.

Yep and he's not even really a Republican. One of the great con jobs of our time tbh. 

1 hour ago, Hookah Horns said:

Yep and he's not even really a Republican. One of the great con jobs of our time tbh. 

He isn't anything of substance. He only values ego and greed. Unfortunately, too many Republicans have followed him.

Edited by pacman

Someone said it very succinctly up thread or in the CV thread:  Trump is not focused on national disaster affecting us.  He is focused on a reelection disaster affecting him.  

Trump, Fox , OANN and his propaganda machine are laying the groundwork to loosen things up next week.  It is going to take corporate America and the state and local governments to say "No."  Good luck.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

But alas... 

the tea party was the beginning of the downward spiral for the R's