Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

In all fairness to all the former presidents, none of them thought such a narcissistic ignoramus becoming president could happen.

In all fairness nobody besides Mike Judge saw this coming.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Matt Groening saw it. An episode of the Simpsons predicted that trump would ruin the country. 

If you want to get technical about it a 1958 Episode of ‘Trackdown’ predicted it first.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Definitely, but I think the Dead Milkmen were also on to something before him.

Hell, Netflix had a fucking docuseries called "Pandemic" that came out right when this shit was starting to take off.  Dotard is so damn cheap he can't even get a Netflix subscription.

6 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

The country is in good hands people.  The best hands:

Report: Donald Trump seeks Alex Rodriguez's advice on coronavirus pandemic

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/president-donald-trump-calls-alex-rodriguez-arod-advice-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-030802847.html?bcmt=1

What an idiot. Everyone knows that, for pandemic advice, your first call should be to Dennis Eckersley.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Hell, Netflix had a fucking docuseries called "Pandemic" that came out right when this shit was starting to take off.  Dotard is so damn cheap he can't even get a Netflix subscription.

I made the mistake of watching that last night.

The beginning where those HCPs at an NYC hospital are doing drills for a “novel respiratory virus pandemic” made me shudder.

I turned it off - I’m in no headspace to watch that right now.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

I made the mistake of watching that last night.

The beginning where those HCPs at an NYC hospital are doing drills for a “novel respiratory virus pandemic” made me shudder.

I turned it off - I’m in no headspace to watch that right now.

When I saw that 'Outbreak' was trending on Netflix I realized I live among psychological masochists.

I am sure this has been discussed in here somewhere, but what derogatory name has he given to Senator Murphy from Connecticut after seeing the Senator remind everyone that Dotard and his merry band of grifters turned down an emergency funding proposal almost two months ago? If he gave him one I would imagine he would preface it with "Senator blah blah blah from the failing state of Connecticut". That would be very on-brand of him to do so.

21 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so anyone who knows more than I about DPA. In light of his statement that he is going "force" GM to start producing masks (or ventilators, whatever it was). How much of the authoritarian control Trump craves does the DPA give him? Like, was this a tell? How worried should we be about him invoking that?

Anyone? Now he is talking about ORDERING a a quarantine in NY and other states? Under what authority?

14 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Anyone? Now he is talking about ORDERING a a quarantine in NY and other states? Under what authority?

Pursuant to section 361 of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S. Code § 264), the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services is authorized to take measures to prevent the entry and spread of communicable diseases from foreign countries into the United States and between states.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/aboutlawsregulationsquarantineisolation.html

Edited by David Dennison
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

What authority has he used in the last three plus years for any decision he makes? He just makes it up as he goes along and his sycophants in congress applaud him.

Edited by UpperWestside

May have been posted earlier or on another thread, but I just stumbled across it. Not a groundbreaking opinion piece, but fairly on point

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/presidents-character-unequal-task/608743/

All of these things are from a playbook the president has used a thousand times. Perhaps they’ll succeed again. But there’s something distinct about this moment, compared with every other moment in the Trump presidency, that could prove to be utterly disorienting and unsettling for the president. Hush-money payments won’t make COVID-19 go away. He cannot distract people from the global pandemic. He can’t wait it out until the next news cycle, because the next news cycle will also be about the pandemic. He can’t easily create another narrative, because he is often sharing the stage with scientists who will not lie on his behalf.

Screen_Shot_2018-10-24_at_11.08.29_AM.jp

Its easy to forget the litany of shit that Trump has already survived, because he just shovels more shit on top as a distraction.  But this pandemic is a nightmare for Trump because his skill in constantly steering the media narrative to new and ever more embarrassing heights  has been rendered useless.  I shudder to think of what that f'n ignoramus could concoct in an effort to distract our attention away from the 'Rona, but  the magnitude of our current situation is such that I don't think its possible.  

Trump's political future hangs on the outcome of our efforts to manage this crisis.  And sadly, its as if Trump was genetically engineered in a lab to be as fucking incapable of handling this situation as possible.  We are going to come through this in some form or fashion, but who really believes that Trump will be a net positive in the equation. Will we observe a stoic & inspiring leader deftly navigating our country through the crisis with  well-planned policies......or a bitch-made cunt that spends the majority of his time attacking anyone and everyone on twitter that refuses to publicly fellate him? Tough to call, I know. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 3

#TrumpGenocide is trending up (currently at number 5) on Twitter.

@Blotto-well said. In his mind, he IS the expert, but selling snake oil statistics on a public stage is much harder at this point in time and with the truth pecking at him like angry birds. He feels hurt and victimized and can't make it go away. He's going to lash out more and more and get uglier and uglier. His campaign team appears to be aiding and abetting all of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Look what we did:

all_star_h.jpg

I would kill babies to trade any of those bozos behind him to take over right now.  That's how fucking bad he is.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
Any of them work but Gary Busey would be my top choice.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

So Trump just dropped the "I'm going to quarantine New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut for two weeks" bomb with zero explanation or follow-up? The Governor of NY is on tv going "WTF??", and still nothing more from Trump? Haha. 

He just went with strong travel advisory instead.  LOL

The best is some legit smart people thought it might be a good idea...but since anything that comes from Trump's mouth is seen as fucking terrible right away...the idea never had prayer. 

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He just went with strong travel advisory instead.  LOL

The best is some legit smart people thought it might be a good idea...but since anything that comes from Trump's mouth is seen as fucking terrible right away...the idea never had prayer. 

How would that work, though? Wouldn't it expedite the exodus from those areas and increase spread or is it a quarantine where you cannot enter those places?

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Look what we did:

all_star_h.jpg

my old boss was in the running to be in an early season of celebrity apprentice.  whichever was shooting around 2009-10.  i went to a couple of the meetings with producers with him, and it seemed like a done deal.  then it kinda went away, like a lot of stuff that seemed like done deals.  i was all set to be in nyc with him for the 3 month shoot.  we had gotten to the negotiation point in the meetings for rooms at trump tower.

true fucking story.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

my old boss was in the running to be in an early season of celebrity apprentice.  whichever was shooting around 2009-10.  i went to a couple of the meetings with producers with him, and it seemed like a done deal.  then it kinda went away, like a lot of stuff that seemed like done deals.  i was all set to be in nyc with him for the 3 month shoot.  we had gotten to the negotiation point in the meetings for rooms at trump tower.

true fucking story.

If my Longhorn internet memory is correct, you were the GGW guy?

• Like 1