Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He just went with strong travel advisory instead.  LOL

The best is some legit smart people thought it might be a good idea...but since anything that comes from Trump's mouth is seen as fucking terrible right away...the idea never had prayer. 

More likely, Kush and Miller thought this would be a great idea, so he tweets it out while taking his morning dump without running it by anyone else.

3 hours ago, Blotto said:

May have been posted earlier or on another thread, but I just stumbled across it. Not a groundbreaking opinion piece, but fairly on point

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/presidents-character-unequal-task/608743/

Screen_Shot_2018-10-24_at_11.08.29_AM.jp

Its easy to forget the litany of shit that Trump has already survived, because he just shovels more shit on top as a distraction.  But this pandemic is a nightmare for Trump because his skill in constantly steering the media narrative to new and ever more embarrassing heights  has been rendered useless.  I shudder to think of what that f'n ignoramus could concoct in an effort to distract our attention away from the 'Rona, but  the magnitude of our current situation is such that I don't think its possible.  

Trump's political future hangs on the outcome of our efforts to manage this crisis.  And sadly, its as if Trump was genetically engineered in a lab to be as fucking incapable of handling this situation as possible.  We are going to come through this in some form or fashion, but who really believes that Trump will be a net positive in the equation. Will we observe a stoic & inspiring leader deftly navigating our country through the crisis with  well-planned policies......or a bitch-made cunt that spends the majority of his time attacking anyone and everyone on twitter that refuses to publicly fellate him? Tough to call, I know. 

Yeah, he's having a hard time heaping bullshit on bad numbers.  The numbers don't lie.  He can't file Chapter 11 on this either.

Wehner does a good job, in my opinion, of calmly and clearly stating Trump's personal shortcomings and how they interact with this particular event.

Edited by TwiceHorn

8 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

More likely, Kush and Miller thought this would be a great idea, so he tweets it out while taking his morning dump without running it by anyone else.

Well, the whole quarantine notion was strongly at odds with his ideas that this is overstated and we need to get back to work by Easter.  Still, he knows he has to do something to mitigate spread.

He's still hoping beyond hope that this turns out to be less of a disaster than most sources are predicting.

41 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yeah, he's having a hard time heaping bullshit on bad numbers.  The numbers don't lie.  He can't file Chapter 11 on this either.

Wehner does a good job, in my opinion, of calmly and clearly stating Trump's personal shortcomings and how they interact with this particular event.

God was not amused when trump got elected president. Karma is a bitch. The longer he remains the president the worse it will get. 

50 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He can't file Chapter 11 on this either.

He damn sure is trying...

Pence fallguy - he led the taskforce

China fallguy - Chinavirus

Governors fallguy - they wouldn't get the economy get started again, they failed leadership 

But, Obama - always available 

American businesses fallguy - they didn't volunteer enough to make ppe

Edited by pacman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

my old boss was in the running to be in an early season of celebrity apprentice.  whichever was shooting around 2009-10.  i went to a couple of the meetings with producers with him, and it seemed like a done deal.  then it kinda went away, like a lot of stuff that seemed like done deals.  i was all set to be in nyc with him for the 3 month shoot.  we had gotten to the negotiation point in the meetings for rooms at trump tower.

true fucking story.

This was after the initial meeting in a suite at the Venitian, I can only assume. 

It’s piss!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

It was some MIT brains.  Not sure where Dotard got the idea bit Kush has been known to work the googles from time to time.  

50 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

All those GOP pols saying that they were distracted with impeachment and thus couldn't prepare for COVID-19. Do. Not. Forget.

And distracted, my ass.  He didn't participate in impeachment and there was never a serious question about his conviction.

I want to make sure this is accurate before I go into a blind rage...

Trump signed a bill into law that had specific language regarding congressional oversight for how, how much and to whom taxpayer funds would be doled out. He then notified Congress that he did not understand the oversight language and will not comply with it.

is that accurate or am I off base there?

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I want to make sure this is accurate before I go into a blind rage...

Trump signed a bill into law that had specific language regarding congressional oversight for how, how much and to whom taxpayer funds would be doled out. He then notified Congress that he did not understand the oversight language and will not comply with it.

is that accurate or am I off base there?

That's accurate. George W. Bush did the same thing with the Patriot Act reauthorization bill in 2006. Thou shalt not restrict executive powers!

"Some say my ratings when thousands of American citizens were dying were the highest ever. Higher than GWB's during 9/11 which is amazing because that was like one day. Mine are every day. On and on. For over a month. No one could expected ratings like this. Maybe Abe Lincoln could have done better. I don't know. Honest Abe. He'd probably get tired of talking to the Fake Media. Not me."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuck those dicks.

Our entire administration and all support non-clinical employees have been at the hospital every single day doing all we can to prepare and make our docs and nurses lives just a tiny bit easier if we can.

Now that we have multiple confirmed cases, all non-clinical are going on a rotating schedule starting tomorrow. Working from home some days and switching out as the only person in each department other days.

We don’t want to wipe out entire offices/departments if one person gets sick.

Those executives may not be treating patients but their asses should be on site.

We chose our careers. This is part of it.
  • Like 1

“November 3 — that’s going to be one of the biggest dates in the history of religion, as far as I’m concerned.”

trump decided to speak to religious right leaders looking for direction around Coronavirus. Was originally going to be a Pence conference call but Trump figures this was another opportunity to steal some spotlight.