Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Hm, SECNAV formally apologized to Capt. Crozier and the crew and is attempting to backpedal

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/acting-navy-secretary-rips-ousted-captain-who-sounded-alarm-over-n1177676

Modly, in a statement released after a purported transcript of the remarks was reported by several news outlets, said he stood by his words.

"The spoken words were from the heart, and meant for them," Modly said. "I stand by every word I said, even, regrettably any profanity that may have been used for emphasis. Anyone who has served on a Navy ship would understand. I ask, but don't expect, that people read them in their entirety."

But several hours later, Modly reversed course and apologized for his remarks.

"Let me be clear, I do not think Captain Brett Crozier is naïve nor stupid," he said in a statement. "I think, and always believed him to be the opposite."

Modly went on to describe Crozier as "smart and passionate."

"I believe, precisely because he is not naive and stupid, that he sent his alarming email with the intention of getting it into the public domain in an effort to draw public attention to the situation on his ship," Modly said. "I apologize for any confusion this choice of words may have caused. I also want to apologize directly to Captain Crozier, his family, and the entire crew of the Theodore Roosevelt for any pain my remarks may have caused."

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

It is a step up for him actually.  I would have expected him to say "ching chong" or 'me love you long time" to her.  Recall this piece of shit making fun of handicapped people.

Yeah, he looked and sounded like he was about to makes his eyes slanted and say "Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees look at these."

8 minutes ago, F250 said:

Yeah, he looked and sounded like he was about to makes his eyes slanted and say "Chinese, Japanese, dirty knees look at these."

Or something about putting wee wee in her Coke.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

The Secretary of the Navy used the word "betrayal" in his remarks. That triggers UCMJ concerns regarding treason and dereliction of duty. There could certainly be some trumped up charges coming out of all of this.

Come on now.  You know treason isn't even a thing anymore.  Neither is the concept of duty much less the dereliction of that duty.

• Like 1

Not to defend Modly, since his entire rant is  terrible and gave me flashbacks to the worst, most narcissistic commanders that I had during my time in, but the “naive and stupid” line was pretty clearly a rhetorical device to lead the listener to the conclusion that the captain intended for his letter to go public.

Modly isn’t fit for his position and his speech was nuts, but he’s right that he didn’t actually call the captain “naive and stupid.”

The Supreme Court just ruled 5 - 4 that the top classiest things Americans can do in 2020 is wear sunglasses at the poker table and rent a Hummer limo.

Edited by Chooky
trucknutz on the limo isn't mandated
  • Haha 1

President Trump effectively ousted on Tuesday the leader of a new panel of watchdogs charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief funds.

President Trump moved on Tuesday to oust the leader of a new panel of watchdogs charged with overseeing how his administration spends trillions of taxpayer dollars in coronavirus pandemic relief.

The official, Glenn A. Fine, has been the acting Defense Department inspector general since before Mr. Trump took office. Last week, an umbrella group of agency inspectors general across the executive branch named him the chairman of a new Pandemic Response Accountability Committee with control of an $80 million budget to police how the government carries out the $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill.

But Mr. Trump has now abruptly named a different federal official — Sean O’Donnell, the Environmental Protection Agency’s inspector general — to be the acting Defense Department inspector general.

The move effectively ousted Mr. Fine from his role overseeing pandemic spending as well. Mr. Fine is a longtime former Justice Department inspector general who earned a reputation for aggression and independence in the years following the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/07/world/coronavirus-live-updates.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20200407&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=cta&regi_id=82098454&segment_id=24189&user_id=e2eb576832894f8744c5954a7e9eef4e

5 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Maybe the assets side of his balance sheet.  I don't think Trump ever had a positive NET worth.  Fat fucker's in hock up to his beady eyeballs.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Burt said:

I'm sure everything will be on the up and up.  Oh nevermind.

They are going to steal everything that isn't nailed down on the way out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

It is a step up for him actually.  I would have expected him to say "ching chong" or 'me love you long time" to her.  Recall this piece of shit making fun of handicapped people.

I don't think I'm ever going to wrap my head around the fact we elected this ass clown. And what's even harder to grasp is all the trumptards who steadfastly defend conduct that's undeniably unbecoming of the office. He could have dropped trou and taken a big steamy shit on that girl, and these tools would have declared it amazing leadershit.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

if a reporter today started a question with, "so forbes has estimated that your personal net worth has dropped over a billion dollars since the coronavirus pandemic arrived..." i will send $1000 to trump's reelection campaign.  ok, maybe $100.

it's tax deductible, right?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

if a reporter today started a question with, "so forbes has estimated that your personal net worth has dropped over a billion dollars since the coronavirus pandemic arrived..." i will send $1000 to trump's reelection campaign.  ok, maybe $100.

it's tax deductible, right?

not worth it

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, he's worth negative TWO billion dollars now?

Exactly. How do you lose net worth you do not actually have? Anyone not a part of the cult knows he is in hundreds of millions of dollars of debt. Being the president is nothing more than another scheme to get out of a debt he will one day die with. He was never a billionaire, but it won't stop his cult from believing in him.

Well, while evidence of vote fraud has been conspicuously absent in all the GOP efforts to require voter ID, etc., the City of Dallas has had its experience with vote fraud and absentee/mail-in ballots.

Part of the way John Wiley Price rose to power, along with his sidekick, Kathy Neal, is that they had a machine that would deliver the African American senior citizen vote by "helping" them fill out their ballots and delivering, physically and figuratively, their vote.  Most notoriously and recently used in 1998 by H. Ross Perot, Jr. to inflict the Trinity River Project on the City.  For those unaware, that is the project that saddled us with the notorious Calatrava bridges, a prospective toll road serving the Trinity RIver bottom, and other bullshit of obvious importance to impoverished black senior citizens in South Dallas.

• Like 2

Actually, in the name of the half-assed dictator we currently have, the correct stock term to short-sell is a Trump Hall Put(sch) 

The man is an inflated, and failed, option put.  And he can't even do that correctly despite being in control of the executive branch.  

As rotten and evil as he was, at least Hitler knew how to direct an economy, you imbecilic children.  

14 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

She corrected herself on the next tweet.  Then updated with this:

Trump isn't smart enough to do this on his own.  He's getting help to push this.  As Trump will state, he doesn't know any of these people.  And he probably really doesn't.  

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Republicans need to fight voter fraud is a dog whistle to disenfranchise, discourage and prohibit voters any way they can.  There is fraud, alright, lot's of Republican fraud.